logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2015 03:58:27(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
OOC: Thanks to AmyJayne for the single cover/artwork whatever you wanna call it

UserPostedImage

Title: Stay Awhile
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Genre: Pop
Lenght: 3:58
Writer(s): Alex Grey, Jamie Jackson, Nicole Wright, Brandon Grey, Michael Black
Producer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black
Released: March 24th 2015

"Stay Awhile" is the second single from girl group SYNCO's upcoming album and the girls' eleventh official single as a group the song is the follow up single to "Come On, Get It" which the girls' released last month "Stay Awhile" was written by Alex Grey, Jamie Jackson, Nicole Wright, Brandon Grey and Michael Black Alex started writing the song earlier last year she decided to show it to the group and members Nicole and Jamie decided to add a bit to the unfinished lyrics they then brought in Brandon Grey and Michael Black who worked on the girls' debut album and sophomore album they put the finishing touches on the track and agreed to produce the track together as well the track is a good girls' perspective on a bad guy though she knows things might not work the appeal brings her in like in the chorus the girls all sing "You got this sexy, lustful look in your eyes and I got this hopeful thought that you will be mine" in the second verse we hear the girl speaking of knowing the guys intentions but also being fine with that Alex was asked about the song and she has stated that yes it was a personal experience that she had tried to forget however she recently began thinking of it again and thought it'd be a good concept for a new song

The song starts out with a guitar playing for a few seconds before the beat kicks in a little more and just by the beat we can tell that SYNCO have gone back to their main pop roots with this one after the little intro we hear Naomi start the song out with singing in a bit of a different way than we're use to rather than using that deep soulful voice she subs it out singing in a lighter voice though that's not her strongest point it fits the song more and it gives Naomi a bit of a chance to show her flexibility as a vocalist a bit more and though she's only singing in a laid back sort of way a huge difference can be heard from their last single which was more urban and fit her voice a bit more after Naomi finishes her part of the verse we hear Layla come in picking it up a bit though Layla is good with the urban style she definitely excels at these pop songs and that can be heard as she sounds a bit more comfortable and though she isn't showing off with her runs or singing high you can tell the difference once again after Layla finishes her part both Naomi and Layla go into the pre-chorus this time sounding more like they're talking than singing Layla speaks a bit higher and Naomi a bit lower before Layla finishes the pre-chorus with the final line the beat then fully kicks in as the girls come in and harmonize through the chorus though it's not the girls' strongest harmony it is nice to hear them all share a chorus rather than one getting most parts and the others singing back-up or one just taking the whole thing after the chorus we hear Alex come in singing in a similar style to Naomi the two have very similar voices but the differences can easily be heard Naomi has a more soulful deep voice Alex's is a bit more raspy and it's clear that she's also more comfortable singing these types of songs apposed to singing an urban styled song which the girls have been doing a bit more recently after Alex finishes her part we hear Nicole come in Nicole sings a bit higher picking it up like Layla did before and though she isn't going all out with vocal acrobatics it's apparent that she too is more comfortable on pop styled records like this after finishing the second verse Nicole and Alex come in sharing the pre-chorus doing something similar to Naomi and Layla where Alex's voice is a bit lower and Nicole's is higher Nicole then finishes it but lingers on to the final word a bit longer than Layla did we then hear all the girls come in once again for the chorus before we finally hear Jamie who get's the smallest part in the song repeating "Just stay awhile" a few times however she does sing it higher than the girls previous did Layla also takes a small part in the bridge adding "Yeah" before Jamie comes back in after Jamie finishes the girls all shout the final part together "Stay awhile" before they come back in for the chorus which is cut short for the last time before the song comes to an end

Layla
Alex
Nicole
Jamie
Naomi
Naomi & Layla
Alex & Nicole
All

You and I we come from different world but I don't mind
You're not right but the way you walk got me on a new high

All eyes on you oh I don't even know what's a girl supposed to do
Supposed to do?

I should just walk out and leave but I
Can't shake these feelings and I

Just wanna know what this could be like

You got that sexy lustful look in your eyes
And I got this hopeful thought that you will be mine
And when we go all out downtown you got what I like
I'm hoping you'll stay awhile, I'm hoping you'll stay awhile

You are that bad boy tough guy pushed in the dirt
And my minds saying no but I'm taking off your shirt

We both know just exactly how this will go mmm
You'll take me home turn the lights out and take off my clothes

And I won't stop you cause this is what I want take me to another world
Another world

He says yeah you know it's true and I
Only want you cause I
never met anyone like
You in my life

You are that bad boy tough guy pushed in the dirt
And my minds saying no but I'm taking off your shirt

Stay awhile, just stay awhile, yeah just stay awhile woah oh woah
Stay awhile

Edited by user 25 March 2015 04:00:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 12 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 25/03/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/03/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/03/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 25/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 25/03/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/03/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/03/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/03/2015(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 25/03/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/03/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 27/03/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/03/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 25 March 2015 05:19:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Hi, there! Sixth SYNCO member here, giiirls you better be ready to change that cover to SEIS heheh. You ladies stay winning, I love how empowering it makes me feel just to watch you badass girls united and putting out brilliant pop tunes like this. Makes me super happy. Keep doin' yo thang! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 25/03/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2015 06:24:20(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: SYNCO singing about sex and dirty things? My heart is so happy. "And when we go all out downtown you got what I like" Whoever wrote this line is CLEARLY the biggest freak in the group, I love it. I'm impressed, great job girls.

OOC: Like she said, the innocent babies are growing up :P Love the rp and the lyrics, awesome job!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 25 March 2015 08:38:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Eilidh: Synco means five on Spanish. Big Bird told me. I don't know what the song means...

Ooc: Great Rp :) I love how much you're putting into SYNCO this year and the work is really paying off with them :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2015 12:46:39(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Hi, there! Sixth SYNCO member here, giiirls you better be ready to change that cover to SEIS heheh. You ladies stay winning, I love how empowering it makes me feel just to watch you badass girls united and putting out brilliant pop tunes like this. Makes me super happy. Keep doin' yo thang! :)

Layla: Already changed bae aww I'm really glad that you feel that way because that's honestly what we aim for that empowerment and just feeling confident with yourself and we're happy that you feel empowered by it and thaaaaaaank you spirit animal <3

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: SYNCO singing about sex and dirty things? My heart is so happy. "And when we go all out downtown you got what I like" Whoever wrote this line is CLEARLY the biggest freak in the group, I love it. I'm impressed, great job girls.

OOC: Like she said, the innocent babies are growing up :P Love the rp and the lyrics, awesome job!

Alex: As much as I would absolutely love to take credit for that it was actually Nicole you know the God one? Lol thanks Honor we're glad that you love it (:

ooc: I know my babies are grown now lol thank you so much Tequila it means a lot :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Eilidh: Synco means five on Spanish. Big Bird told me. I don't know what the song means...

Ooc: Great Rp :) I love how much you're putting into SYNCO this year and the work is really paying off with them :)

Nicole: Well as long as you know that you don't gotta worry about what the song means love you Eilidh! :)

ooc: Thank you idk why maybe it's because I love 5H but SYNCO are just so easy to write for lol thanks again Scott :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#6 Posted : 25 March 2015 16:28:12(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: I wish I can wake up to you girl sernading me every morning. You're voices are that sweet. Love it ladies. Hayyy Naomi!

OOC: Lyrics and description are awesome.

Edited by user 25 March 2015 16:30:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#7 Posted : 25 March 2015 23:55:50(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: this made me cry. It's good and sad if you don't have a boyfriend. I wish I had one. :(
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 26/03/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 26 March 2015 00:10:51(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: Up until this roleplay I was a closet fan of the sound a like but good god not anymore. I absolutely love this song. It's way better than the original in my irrelevant opinion lol. Lyrics are everything, RP is great. I'm right here for this! I'm just ready for this album to come out!!

Edited by user 26 March 2015 00:13:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 26 March 2015 02:10:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: See? This song here shows me that you all do have the capabilities of releasing a passable record. The production values are dreamy and soothing and the record is well put together. This is much better than the last release. I hope this upcoming album isn't full of hits and misses since this is totally different from that last messy song. Good luck, the Queen will be watching ;)

OOC: Nice work
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 26 March 2015 02:39:13(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER b: I like this track very much, it certainly was really well produced and the lyrics are smartly written, specially the chorus, I know that you've been putting a lot of effort into your work and I would be so glad to work with you girls someday.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#11 Posted : 26 March 2015 03:20:01(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Ahhhh I'm so excited for you girls! This new single is crazy good. It makes me want to jump into a convertible with the top let down and cruise down the highway, as the wind blows through my hair, while I listen to this song with the volume all the way up. ;)

Ooc: Really great rp!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 26 March 2015 16:20:09(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
Tisha: I wish I can wake up to you girl sernading me every morning. You're voices are that sweet. Love it ladies. Hayyy Naomi!

OOC: Lyrics and description are awesome.

Naomi: Lol thanks T preciate it

ooc: Thank you :)

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: this made me cry. It's good and sad if you don't have a boyfriend. I wish I had one. :(

Nicole: Hey don't cry you're beautiful and you'll get one :)

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Up until this roleplay I was a closet fan of the sound a like but good god not anymore. I absolutely love this song. It's way better than the original in my irrelevant opinion lol. Lyrics are everything, RP is great. I'm right here for this! I'm just ready for this album to come out!!

ooc: Lol I love the entire album but I agree with you this song is better jk kinda lol but for real thanks and don't get your expectations too high on the album lol

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: See? This song here shows me that you all do have the capabilities of releasing a passable record. The production values are dreamy and soothing and the record is well put together. This is much better than the last release. I hope this upcoming album isn't full of hits and misses since this is totally different from that last messy song. Good luck, the Queen will be watching ;)

OOC: Nice work

Jamie: This song is only good because I co-wrote it ;) kidding but yeah thank you we're all really glad that you enjoyed this one and hope you enjoy the album just as much! :)

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER b: I like this track very much, it certainly was really well produced and the lyrics are smartly written, specially the chorus, I know that you've been putting a lot of effort into your work and I would be so glad to work with you girls someday.

Alex: Hey thanks mISTER I'm really glad you think so and yeah it'd be cool to work with you hit us up sometime (:

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Ahhhh I'm so excited for you girls! This new single is crazy good. It makes me want to jump into a convertible with the top let down and cruise down the highway, as the wind blows through my hair, while I listen to this song with the volume all the way up. ;)

Ooc: Really great rp!

Layla: And that is exactly what we aim for with every song lol thank you Kourtney it means a bunch to us love you :)

My Acts

UserPostedImage