logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2015 13:00:46(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Tell Nobody
Label: FREEDOM Records
Genre: R&B, Pop
Lenght: 3:43
Writer(s): Carmen V, Michael Black, Hassan Denis
Producer(s): Hassan Denis, Michael Black
Released: May 10 2015
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Background/Short Review

"Tell Nobody" is the second official single from the up-and-coming, Toronto born singer, songwriter and dancer Carmen Vilo better known as Carmen V from her untitled debut album it is the follow up single to "Do It Right" which featured another up-and-coming artist, Payton which leaned more towards Pop with elements of R&B "Do It Right" peaked at #5 on the Top 20 Airplay charts giving the singer her first top 5 single it also peaked at #2 on the urban charts and remained there for 2 weeks before falling out of the top 3 it also debuted on at #13 on the Hot Digital Song charts before falling out of the top 20

"Tell" Nobody was written by Carmen V, Michael Black and Hassan Denis it was also produced by both Denis and Black the song itself is about a relationship and wanting to keep it a secret from everybody else but at the same time it speaks about wanting to go out and have fun with this person which in a way is a contradiction of the first few parts of the song the lyrics aren't extremely original or out there and it doesn't seem as if they were meant to be either the song is rather safe which is alright for a rather new artist however the downside is it doesn't exactly make Carmen stand out against bigger names in pop/R&B such as Isabel, Andrea, etc

That being said the production of the song and Carmen's radio friendly vocals does somewhat make up for the rather bland lyrics with repetitive deep synths that seem to pull in the listener and the catchy sound of the chorus in the beginning pulls the listener in a little bit more that by the time Carmen get's to the verse the listener is basically hooked in Carmen continues to play on it as she smoothly makes her way into the equally catchy pre-chorus however despite having a very radio friendly voice Carmen doesn't have the strongest voice there's a sort of nasally tone to it that might turn off some of the listeners

Overall though the song is a decent attempt at a more current R&B/Pop sound the lyrics could use some work as could Carmen's vocals but she's still a rather new artist and has a whole album awaiting on which she could surprise some of us and though this song might not put her up in the rankings of previous mentioned Pop icons it will definitely keep fans content, get some airplay and keep Carmen relevant

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Carmen's Comments

"Tell Nobody is definitely one of my favorite tracks from the album so far it's just got this fun upbeat sound and it was so much fun to write and it's so cool getting to work with someone again who has worked with SYNCO because who doesn't love those ladies right? Lol anyway the song isn't meant to be overly serious it's not about a previous relationship however if I was going to get in one at the moment they'd definitely have to listen to this and understand that I'm not up for going public just yet yup that's right gents if you want this then you better not tell nobody haha anyway thank you all so much for checking this out and thank you all so much for the success on the last track I really hope you enjoy this one just as much love you all and thanks again :)"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Song

The song starts out with a repetitive deep synth that is heard throughout the whole song it plays for about 2 or 3 seconds before we hear Carmen come in saying her name however when she pronounces her surname she says the first two letters "V" and "I" before adding the last to together "Lo" after this we hear the chorus which is also the opening to the song Carmen sings in a rather laid back yet upbeat tone her voice is far from being the strongest and she definitely does not try to make it seem that way as she sings in a more comfortable/safe style throughout most of the song the only change is in the pre-chorus and the bridge the pre-chorus is sung a bit faster and as she sings the lyrics "all you gotta do is say "don't go"" she slows it down a little and holds on to the last part a little bit longer she then makes her way back into the chorus which is sung the same way as before she then goes into the second verse which is sung in the same style as the first verse once again however she repeats "Just the two of us" before going into the pre-chorus which is once again sung the same way after she goes back into the chorus which is done once again the same which may seem a bit repetitive to the listener however the song still has a catchy sound to it that keeps the listener into it after finishing the third chorus we hear Carmen go into the bridge where the beat changes up slightly despite the deep synths remaining and Carmen's voice changes it sounds almost as if she's speaking which brings a sort of fun sass to the track she then heads back int the pre-chorus which is done the same way and the final chorus which is once again done the same way we then hear Carmen make a "Shh" sound and the song then comes to an end

Carmen V-I-Lo

I wanna get with somebody
I wanna take off with somebody
Thinkin' you can be that somebody
But boy you better not tell nobody
You better not tell nobody

I don't think anybody knows what's up
So keep it between me and you
Let's just do our thing don't say nothin'
Boy just keep it cool

And we can stay up all night
Turn all the lights down
And we'll turn up oh boy you know it
and if you want me to stay here boy all
You gotta do is say "don't go"

And you know just what I'm bout to do
But you better not tell nobody

I don't think anybody knows what's up
So let's not let them know
We got everything that we need
Just the two of us

Just the two of us
Turn all the lights down

Goin' up like what
We be all night goin' up like what
Goin' up like
We keep it between us going up like what
Goin' up like what
We be all night goin' up like what yeah
We keep it between us goin' up like
We be all night goin' up like what

Turn all the lights down

Shhh

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 14 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 10/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 10/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/05/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 11/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 13/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 17/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 17/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2015 13:21:25(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erica: oh this little girl wants it.

nina:wants what,love?

erica: you know....it.

nina: jello?

erica:noooo.

nina: cookies?

erica:No!

nina: chicken pot pie?

erica:no! seriously,nina?

nina: *mockingly* seriously,erica? you wouldnt say "dick" if you had a mouthful.

erica: duh,my mouth would be full.

nina:.....well played,love. well played.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 10/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2015 02:44:18(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: SLAY ME GIRL!!! I love it, it's my jam for ever ! Keep on slaying me, boo!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2015 05:38:35(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Clara: Girl you be straight killin it on this song honestly makes me want to get with somebody just listening to it. hot damn... Did I just say hot damn? Yes I did. Well thats a new one. You keep doin' you boo.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2015 14:01:45(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erica: oh this little girl wants it.

nina:wants what,love?

erica: you know....it.

nina: jello?

erica:noooo.

nina: cookies?

erica:No!

nina: chicken pot pie?

erica:no! seriously,nina?

nina: *mockingly* seriously,erica? you wouldnt say "dick" if you had a mouthful.

erica: duh,my mouth would be full.

nina:.....well played,love. well played.

Carmen: I have no idea what you're talking about Whistle Anxious .....Shhh

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: SLAY ME GIRL!!! I love it, it's my jam for ever ! Keep on slaying me, boo!

Carmen: Thanks and I live to do just that babe ;)

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;413184]Clara: Girl you be straight killin it on this song honestly makes me want to get with somebody just listening to it. hot damn... Did I just say hot damn? Yes I did. Well thats a new one. You keep doin' you boo.

Carmen: Well hot damn my song made Clara say hot damn I don't know how I feel about this and do it girl go and get with somebody doesn't matter who that somebody is just get their consent first and go for it girl! And you do you too babe :-*
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 12/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 12 May 2015 09:25:20(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Austin: Very catchy record that I know my girlfriend Layla will love, gonna buy this just for her :) I like the way this sounds and you've got a really distinguishable voice. Nice song here.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 12/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 13 May 2015 19:45:20(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Austin: Very catchy record that I know my girlfriend Layla will love, gonna buy this just for her :) I like the way this sounds and you've got a really distinguishable voice. Nice song here.

Carmen: Aww thank you sooo much I'm glad that Layla would like it I really hope she does lol and thank you again you're just super sweet aren't ya? :P
My Acts

UserPostedImage