logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2015 16:22:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19137 time(s) in 7599 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Deneil
Title: Step It Up
Genre: Grime, Electro-Grime
Length: 3:30
Written By: D.Khan
Produced By: Deneil
Label: Independent
Taken From: E2

"Step It Up" is a grime/rap song written, recorded and produced by British musician Deneil Khan. The track serves as his second official solo single release following on from 2013's "Living For The Weekend" which was a worldwide hit, however, the EP which is was set to be taken from was shelved and no further solo material surfaced until now. Since the release of his top three debut single, Deneil returned to writing and producing for other artists as well as being a featured performer on hit singles for the likes of SYNCO and Kato. Most of Khan's productions for other artists are urban contemporary R&B/Hip-Hop inspired numbers which sometimes contain elements of pop. His specialities and first loves, however, are grime and bashment which are genres yet to make an impact outside of the UK. "Step It Up" sees Deneil return to his roots with it's unapologetic grimey underground London style production, fast paced and aggressive vocal delivery and references to his beloved home town. The track is the lead single from Deneil's upcoming EP which has yet to receive a release date. Like all of his work, it was written and produced entirely by Deneil himself and was recorded at his home in the inbuilt studio.

The lyrics of the track revolve around Deneil hitting back at people from his past, more specifically the ones who were around him when he first came to prominence on the London underground scene. Before producing for the biggest stars today and even before the world had even heard his elder brother's name, Deneil was rapping and making a name for himself while still in his school uniform and drifting in and out of care with his big brother, Billy. During his time as a low-key rapper and MC, Deneil divided the grime community's opinion which lead to many feuds and some backlash against Khan. As he was young and "did not look the part", many accused him of being a "fake" who hadn't lived through enough struggle to even write a single verse and believed he was trying to be something that he wasn't. However, it was clear that Deneil had talent and many believe all of the put downs were actually due to jealousy and fear. It's not everyday a mischievous schoolboy has an entire community floored by his lyricism, flow and off-the-cuff verses. On the track, Deneil delivers lines which refer to the rumours and trash talk surrounding him when he first appeared on the scene. "People are gonna natter and make it seem like I had an easy ride", "People wanna make it seem like we're some clean-cut chart toppers" & "They palmed it off as a stroke of luck, tried to put it on a downer" are all lines which refer to people accusing Deneil of always having it easy, being clean-cut and that they don't believe he's successful because of his talent or lack of, as they would say. Deneil made a conscious decision not the swear on the single as he wanted to test himself by going in hard on a track, showing off his strong feelings throughout and grabbing the listener's attention without resorting to any cuss words. Khan also makes some interesting references to the Tasmanian Devil, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and even compares his life to...crunchy peanut butter(?)

Vocally, Deneil is sounding more aggressive and fast paced than anything the general public has heard before. On his debut single, Khan toned down his vocals to compliment to serene and slow flowing production on "Living For The Weekend". He has also had to do the same on his featured verses for commercial, international artists as his speed along with his strong Cockney accent isn't very easy on the ears for radio. On "Step It Up" we are hearing true Deneil though. It's back to the old underground, spitting like snake venom style. He's showing that he's a fully fledged grime artist and isn't toning that thick accent or aggression down for anyone. The gravelly voice and sheer emotion he puts into his delivery have drawn comparisons to that of Eminem, an artist who Deneil admires. The track is like one big vent, an outlet of anger and frustration. Deneil is laying the facts out for people and making no bones about it. His vocals may not exactly sound radio friendly on "Step It Up" and that accent is not for everyone but if you're looking for raw emotion and a powerful delivery, Deneil ticks all the boxes.

The production of the track can be described as erratic and definitely one of Khan's most over the top pieces of work to date. While the track contains a heavy bass which gives the song its dark, aggressive tone aided with an effect sounding similar to a gunshot fire, it's the wild violin which plays throughout the song which steals the show. From the moment the track opens you can't compare it to anything else out there at the moment. The frantic progression and repetition of the violin and all other effects sound rather disjointed, which is the beauty of it, during the almost minute long introduction before a short silence. Just as Deneil delivers his first line, everything dramatically drops and all of the instruments play alongside one another, gelling well this time and giving the song its deliciously dark and striking sound.

Deneil wrote:
"I feel like this song and the few others that you'll be hearing from very shortly just really need to be heard. Some of them are eye-openers, some of them are what I believe to be my best work and like this one, some of the tracks just let loose and I have my say, tell my story. I haven't gone public about it but I recently started a new job as a youth worker in Hackney, where I was born and raised and where I still live today. Music was put on the back burner for a while. I got into the youth work because I'm from that area and I know what it's like to be a deprived child and teen there. Trying to make a living and make the right choices when there's so much crime and unemployment around is extremely hard and I wanted to get the kids off the street, share stories with them, develop different skills and give them a helping hand into turning their lives around. "Step It Up" was actually born after my first couple of days as a youth worker. A lot of the kids had divided opinions of me. Some thought I was a hero, some thought I was this massive sellout who had an easy life and had no right in getting involved with the less fortunate because apparently, I couldn't relate. I was rapping and MC-ing since I was like...13/14 but it wasn't until 16 when I went public and started performing and getting involved in battles...illegally, of course. I was well known in Hackney and then most of London eventually, way before I released anything and way before the world had even heard of Weekend and knew who the Khan's were. There was a buzz around me on the underground, a bit of a local celebrity but the top dogs of the time didn't like it. The general public won't have a clue who I'm talking about so I won't name names but if you lived in my area or you're into the grime scene, these guys are like God. Anyway, of course they didn't like me! I was this 16 year old, Pakistani schoolboy with a big quiff and who looked very dapper, well presented. I was dealing with older guys who lived and breathed grime music since it's birth. They looked the part, grew up and watched it evolve and had been in the game since day one. They didn't welcome me. I was laughed at but really it was because I was feared. I had a strong following of my own, people used to whisper about me and I'd always walk away victorious in freestyle battles. Whenever someone went in hard with their verses, I'd go in even harder. I was a big threat but they tried to cover it up. Instead of saying "man, that Deneil kid is the best around!" they'd focus on my looks and accuse me of being a fake, thinking I had this comfy life and I was just a wannabe hard man when really it was to mask how intimidated they were. I can say this because a few people from back in the day have admitted now and finally came around. When I was working with the youths and being looked down on in my own area, I just had to say something and prove people wrong. Maybe it will revive old feuds? Who knows? So, "Step It Up" is really a way of telling people that I'm here where I am today because I worked hard and I'm Hackney, E2 born and bred. If people want to take shots at me and discredit my work then they need to step it up, step up to the plate and deliver something better than I have. Don't talk behind my back, try to rubbish me and whisper in people's ears just because you're going nowhere in life. It's also a way of giving international fans a very brief insight and little background of my life before becoming a success. I didn't just pop out of nowhere as Billy Khan's little brother who just so happens to produce and write too. I know that's how it seems to almost everybody and that's mainly my fault as I refuse to do interviews and I don't even have my own website but you'll get to know me a little better soon. I'll let the new music do all the talking."

UserPostedImage

Went from wandering E2's streets to flying through the sky
Times finally changed and best believe that it wasn't all overnight
People are gonna natter and make it seem like I had an easy ride
Man, I don't like it smooth and spreadable, low fat and extra light
Gimme some of that crunch, I like my life to have a bit of a bite
They want to water me down and try to wedge in their knives

Murderers, gangsters, dealers and all those dirty little coppers
The fam has dealt with them all and not one of them could stop us
People wanna make it seem like we're some clean-cut chart toppers
Who roll around in limousines, earning serious pounds and dollars
A few awards on the shelf don't ever erase all of the horrors
Still got my ties, all the scars and I wear them like it's an honour

Step it up

When I got my first cheque some so-called friends turned a bit sour
One minute it was love, the next I was left there to be devoured
I stepped out of my box, used my sharp words, I've never been a coward
They palmed it off as a stroke of luck, tried to put it on a downer
I've earned it, guess they forgot that work away until the small hours
Put my pen on paper, wisdom down the mic before big bro's name had power

They said I was the pretty mixed boy who would amount to sod all
I keep my father's roots in my heart and stay White at the knuckles
Worked all these fingers to the bone, you don't even know my struggle
They tried to keep me in a box, didn't want their feathers ruffled
But you can't cage one of the big dogs, I tore off that muzzle
Put it all down on some paper and they can play my stuff on shuffle

Step it up

I keep on raising on the bar 'cause they're never gonna be on my level
LDN boys try to step on my toes, man they should really be more careful
Got love for the fam but all these haters are starting to look dishevelled
They can't even get the crowd started, I bring the bass and the treble
My rhymes hit 'em all hard whether they're played in L.A or down in Bethnal
You don't have to provide a beat, I'll still tear it up like Tasmanian Devil

I'm only trying to open some doors yet they accuse me of selling out
Guess you're vexed cause you're staying stuck on the other side
We know it'd be a different story had it been the other way around
Punching way above your weight, better sit in the corner and simmer down
Don't come for the Mayweather when you ain't even close to being Pacquiao
Nah, I don't even need to throw fists, my bars alone are a total knock out

Don't get up

Can Be Compared To;

Edited by user 29 January 2016 14:42:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 15 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/05/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 29/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 29/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/05/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/05/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 30/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2015 02:20:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James Urie: Yeah man! I'm totally digging this. I love how you're staying true to yourself and really going against the grain in terms of sound here. This isn't anything I've heard in quite a while and it's a breath of fresh air to see you back doing your thing. Living For The Weekend was a stellar track and this just proves that you went back to the drawing board and got even better. Nice work here :)

OOC: Great job on the description and lyrics! Loving those punchlines, especially the Mayweather/Pacquiao one 👊
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2015 04:23:07(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: OH SHIT. This is going to be played in my car 24/7!!!!! The lyrics, the production, everything is on point. I couldn't be better, it's just perfect. AND DAMN at this single artwork/cover. You're so hot, my eyes literally got burned. Keep on killing it! I can't wait for the EP, I know for sure, that it is going to be a masterpiece.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2015 08:15:47(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Young: I hope Someone who was listening to this got hurt. And personally I hope a certain someone listening to this paid attention and stop talking about girls, and money. No matter the background we all go through problems and we got to vent it out some of what we feel if not all. That is some good music right here.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2015 10:42:07(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James Urie: Yeah man! I'm totally digging this. I love how you're staying true to yourself and really going against the grain in terms of sound here. This isn't anything I've heard in quite a while and it's a breath of fresh air to see you back doing your thing. Living For The Weekend was a stellar track and this just proves that you went back to the drawing board and got even better. Nice work here :)

OOC: Great job on the description and lyrics! Loving those punchlines, especially the Mayweather/Pacquiao one 👊

Deneil: Thanks mate! Would have never expected you to check out something like this let alone take the time out to comment and praise my work. Much appreciated. It's great being back and doing what I love. Spent too long working for others and while I still love that, I felt like I was growing further and further away from my roots and from what I really love doing. Hoping to bring grime from the underground to the world ;)

OOC: Thank you very much. Never too sure when it comes to writing raps as I don't listen to many rappers or even many grime artists for that matter so it's hard to get inspiration a lot of the time. Explains his very limited releases lol. Glad you like it though :D

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: OH SHIT. This is going to be played in my car 24/7!!!!! The lyrics, the production, everything is on point. I couldn't be better, it's just perfect. AND DAMN at this single artwork/cover. You're so hot, my eyes literally got burned. Keep on killing it! I can't wait for the EP, I know for sure, that it is going to be a masterpiece.

Deneil: Perfect? Well, thank you very much. Glad that the song is slowly spreading and reaching many people with different tastes. Usually this sort of stuff doesn't even make it out of the city let along out of the UK completely. Thanks for the love and just for even checking it out! EP is coming shortly!! :)

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Young: I hope Someone who was listening to this got hurt. And personally I hope a certain someone listening to this paid attention and stop talking about girls, and money. No matter the background we all go through problems and we got to vent it out some of what we feel if not all. That is some good music right here.

Deneil: Wish more people would realise that there's more to this genre than girls, money, weed and pills. If you have a story you might as well tell it as that's where the best material comes from. I've got a lot to say, I'm proud of where I'm from and I love this type of music so I'm always going to give it 100% in my tracks. If it comes from personal experience and the heart, you'll get a great track no matter the subject. More stories to come on the EP. Thanks man!

Edited by user 30 May 2015 10:47:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 01 June 2015 05:12:02(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dakota: "Don't get up" Okay, whatever you say daddy.

UserPostedImage

OOC: Slaaay! Lol I love this so much. Your lyrics are amazing as always and this whole RP just feels so raw. I wish this as a real song, I wish you went in the studio and recorded this and brought out your inner thug LOL Awesome job on this Carmel!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 01/06/2015(UTC)
User is suspended until 19/07/2638 13:30:53(UTC) chaotic_princess  
#7 Posted : 01 June 2015 08:58:59(UTC)
chaotic_princess

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 52 post(s)

Zinner: Inspiring song. I'm currently writing for my first album, so I can relate to the lyrics, I can see that sort of thing already happening for me.

OOC: I'm really gonna have to ask for a miracle, because you guys write some insanely good lyrics. So freaking amazing!
thanks 1 user thanked chaotic_princess for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 01 June 2015 13:04:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17923 time(s) in 10416 post(s)
Erica: now that he's all growed up,he doesn't look like Billy anymore. But I can deal with that.*bobs head*

Nina: you have about a quarter of the street cred you think you have.

Erica: cause your mom took it from me!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 02 June 2015 05:25:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Best Hop Hop song in a while, so serious. You're my favorite because you're nothing like the stereotypical rappers out there, you're real and you know how to tell a story with your lyrics. They are just random statements thrown together with a punchline here and a metaphor there, with a dash of simile, you really understand music.

Now, how are you related to Billy? He's obviously one of the less musically inclined acts ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 04 June 2015 00:38:43(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Dakota: "Don't get up" Okay, whatever you say daddy.

UserPostedImage

OOC: Slaaay! Lol I love this so much. Your lyrics are amazing as always and this whole RP just feels so raw. I wish this as a real song, I wish you went in the studio and recorded this and brought out your inner thug LOL Awesome job on this Carmel!

Deneil: Sorry, didn't mean to floor you.

OOC: Haha, thank you very much but I don't think I'll be recording anything like this any time soon :P Really happy you like it though. Always nervous when writing stuff that's out of my comfort zone.

Originally Posted by: chaotic_princess Go to Quoted Post

Zinner: Inspiring song. I'm currently writing for my first album, so I can relate to the lyrics, I can see that sort of thing already happening for me.

OOC: I'm really gonna have to ask for a miracle, because you guys write some insanely good lyrics. So freaking amazing!

Deneil: Well if someone finds my song inspiring then I'm doing my job right. Thank you!

OOC: Thank you very much. Doesn't come easily though haha.

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 04 June 2015 00:45:54(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: now that he's all growed up,he doesn't look like Billy anymore. But I can deal with that.*bobs head*

Nina: you have about a quarter of the street cred you think you have.

Erica: cause your mom took it from me!

Deneil: Had to revamp my image. Was tired of people mistaking me for Billy, especially the police. Getting stopped in the street by them grew tiring after a while :P

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: Best Hop Hop song in a while, so serious. You're my favorite because you're nothing like the stereotypical rappers out there, you're real and you know how to tell a story with your lyrics. They are just random statements thrown together with a punchline here and a metaphor there, with a dash of simile, you really understand music.

Now, how are you related to Billy? He's obviously one of the less musically inclined acts ;)

Deneil: Hip Hop? This is griiiiiiime, far superior ;) Haha, thank you though I really appreciate it! I feel like you need to be able to put your stories out there in order to be taken seriously in this game. Getting people to write for you while you go on about bitches and fat arses only gets you so far :P I grew up living and breathing this type of music. If I didn't understand it or even pick up on it slightly I'd happily let my community disown me and throw rocks my way. Hey, Billy can spit bars too but he'd rather play pop stars and get the free stuff ;P
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 04 June 2015 01:04:09(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jamie: Oooohh Deneil is about to tear ish to shreds haha great job here D as always definitely gonna play this nonstop to the girls and try to get it to spread like wildfire :P can't wait to see what comes next :)

ooc: Yasss Carmel tear ish up like Jamie said and slay us all with your genius lyrics and descriptions and just RP's in general!

Edited by user 04 June 2015 01:05:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 04 June 2015 01:29:52(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jamie: Oooohh Deneil is about to tear ish to shreds haha great job here D as always definitely gonna play this nonstop to the girls and try to get it to spread like wildfire :P can't wait to see what comes next :)

ooc: Yasss Carmel tear ish up like Jamie said and slay us all with your genius lyrics and descriptions and just RP's in general!

Deneil: Haha, thank you very much Jamie! Keep playing it to the girls and maybe you can translate and educate them. Don't think my accent is exactly like butter to American ears :P Very happy that you like the song and there's more to come shortly :)

OOC: Alright, what are you wanting from me? -_-
UserPostedImage

mebeme101 on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#14 Posted : 04 June 2015 02:22:34(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Elyar: This song is my jam, I am not just saying that because your my mate, I genuinely am digging this song so much bro!

OOC - Lyrics are so clever :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#15 Posted : 04 June 2015 06:13:51(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Julia: Whoa. Somewhere along the way, you grew up and got a hell of a lot cuter since the last time you released a song, like really. This whole song is so intense, it's super easy to get into it, and then just keep it on repeat for hours/days/weeks/months/years/centuries. Amaze. Always.

OOC: Your descriptions are always some of the best, as are your lyrics. Great job. I love Deneil songs. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 06 June 2015 08:45:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: Reasons Billy rarely talks about his brother - the geezer is well shown up by his wee brother ;) nah I'm just messing, you're both pretty ace at this music lark, Khans. Can't say I even knew what grime was before this, aside from the shite you need to scrub off the bathroom tiles. This is much better than anything you would need Barry Scott to shift though. I was tapping my foot along in time and by the third listen, I was well rapping with you. Watch out, geez, I'm coming for that grime crown innit? ;)

Ooc: Great RP :) can't believe I didn't even see it there until now lol.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 07 June 2015 22:12:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: This song is my jam, I am not just saying that because your my mate, I genuinely am digging this song so much bro!

OOC - Lyrics are so clever :)

Deneil: Thanks, man. Really glad you like the song :)

OOC: Thank you very much. Took forever to get it right lol

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Julia: Whoa. Somewhere along the way, you grew up and got a hell of a lot cuter since the last time you released a song, like really. This whole song is so intense, it's super easy to get into it, and then just keep it on repeat for hours/days/weeks/months/years/centuries. Amaze. Always.

OOC: Your descriptions are always some of the best, as are your lyrics. Great job. I love Deneil songs. :)

Deneil: Haha, well I have been drinking a lot of milk and been getting my five a day plus had a couple of birthdays so yeah, I have grown up a teeny tiny bit :P Happy to hear that you like the song and don't mind the intensity of my stuff. My EP isn't exactly going to be music that helps you drift off to sleep either, haha. Thank you for the support! :)

OOC: Wow, forget praise for the lyrics, you like the description!? Lol, I hate writing those things up. They're what I hate most haha. Thank you so much and I'm glad you like Deneil's stuff :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: Reasons Billy rarely talks about his brother - the geezer is well shown up by his wee brother ;) nah I'm just messing, you're both pretty ace at this music lark, Khans. Can't say I even knew what grime was before this, aside from the shite you need to scrub off the bathroom tiles. This is much better than anything you would need Barry Scott to shift though. I was tapping my foot along in time and by the third listen, I was well rapping with you. Watch out, geez, I'm coming for that grime crown innit? ;)

Ooc: Great RP :) can't believe I didn't even see it there until now lol.

Deneil: Haha, yeah he totally pretends I don't exist just so he can be "the star" ;P We can joke now but when he sees us in person next time, there's probably a few beer bottles going to be chucked at our heads. Don't let his big boy band high notes fool you, he can spit bars too...I'm just better at it ;P. Ha, glad that I could introduce you to the world of grime and that you didn't have to experience the likes of Dizzee otherwise you might have been turned off for life. Barry Scott? Fuck, I hate that deaf bastard with his annoying Cillit Bang ads. Haha, I'll be waiting to take you, bruv ;)

OOC: Thank you very much :) I can believe you didn't see it. You were probably too busy looking up pics of Taylor Swift :P

UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#18 Posted : 10 June 2015 04:06:19(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: This is too British for me! :( I don't understand what you're saying half the time and this sooo isn't my thing cuz clearly I'm an ignorant geek who hasn't really delved into this genre much, buuut you're super handsome and my number one Khan so I thought you were worth a listen heheh. So basically I'm treating you like a piece of meat, because if I didn't crush on you I don't think I'd listen. I mean that in the nicest way possible. But you're still super talented! Like this is sassy poetry to me, I'd rather just read your words and learn more about your story, because I know it's all coming from an honest place. I think people appreciate that and that's why you're topping the charts, so go you, dude! Sorry it's not my *British voice* cuppa tea, lav. But I still love and support you. Hope I made sense and if not, then just ignore me. Uh, bye.

OOC: I love how you can pull off all these different styles, this is one genre I'd be hopeless at when it came to writing lyrics hahah. Love this. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#19 Posted : 12 June 2015 06:19:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: This is too British for me! :( I don't understand what you're saying half the time and this sooo isn't my thing cuz clearly I'm an ignorant geek who hasn't really delved into this genre much, buuut you're super handsome and my number one Khan so I thought you were worth a listen heheh. So basically I'm treating you like a piece of meat, because if I didn't crush on you I don't think I'd listen. I mean that in the nicest way possible. But you're still super talented! Like this is sassy poetry to me, I'd rather just read your words and learn more about your story, because I know it's all coming from an honest place. I think people appreciate that and that's why you're topping the charts, so go you, dude! Sorry it's not my *British voice* cuppa tea, lav. But I still love and support you. Hope I made sense and if not, then just ignore me. Uh, bye.

OOC: I love how you can pull off all these different styles, this is one genre I'd be hopeless at when it came to writing lyrics hahah. Love this. :)

Deneil: Yeah, don't worry about it. I knew that it wouldn't be for everyone anyway but thanks for at least checking it out. This stuff usually remains underground and doesn't get much attention outside of East London so it's fucking amazing just knowing that people like yourself have taken time out to give it a listen, despite the reaction. By the way, I've been told that I make Cockney street vendors sound posh so I don't blame you for not understanding. At least the official lyrics are available, right? ;P Honesty is the best policy when it comes to making music. Some of the things I say might not go down well with everyone. I might release a song about a subject that may seem a little unusual to people but that's OK. I don't make music for a quick dance fix. I'd rather have someone appreciate my stories and lyricism, like yourself, than have number one after number one. Thanks for the love and support :)

OOC: Thank you but believe me, it doesn't come easily haha. I actually enjoy the genre so I can sort of get the craft of it. Don't ask me to write a country or heavy metal song though :P Thank you for checking it out. Much appreciated :)
UserPostedImage