logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#21 Posted : 06 June 2015 16:03:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alex: I do believe you've just dropped one of if not the best albums so far this year lyrics are genius each track compliments the last and next so perfectly and it's nothing short of amazing throughout the entire album there was not one song skipped there were no favorites because they were all amazing in their own way the production on each track is brilliant and your vocals are just amazing if people manage to overlook this album somehow I will be so pissed because it deserves so much praise and recognition great job on this Cristina I am in love with it and will probably have it on repeat for years

ooc: Great job like Tisha said this album flows amazingly and the lyrics on each track are amazing it actually does feel like a real album great job here Jaime :)

Cristina: I really took this time with my album and wanted it to be something special. I took my time with each song and although it was such a process I feel so happy that it's released now for everyone:) Your kind words are flattering and very sweet. Just knowing I've delivered an album that you enjoy so much is great to hear! I don't care if it gets "overlooked", im not looking to compete or anything like that I just know there's many people who have been waiting for some new music and its here! :P

OOC: Thank you so much:)! Glad it's come across that way John, happy this is finally out.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline BrownSugar  
#22 Posted : 07 June 2015 21:39:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Michelle: Cristina, it is so wonderful to have you back releasing music again! Such a lovely surprise to come online one night and see that you've dropped a record seemingly out of nowhere and a stellar one at that. I know that it wasn't a rash decision to put a bunch of tracks together and chuck it out there. I can tell that a lot of hard work, time, effort and dedication went in to crafted an album of such high standard and quality like this. I am in love with the record already, especially the track "Stay Young", love the whole vibe and atmosphere surrounding the song. I'm sure it will be another great success for you, hun xx
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 08/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#23 Posted : 07 June 2015 23:49:50(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
BarbieDoll: I see you as a huge inspiration. Your lyrics are on point and I wish that I could write as good as you. I see no low points on this Album , every track is on a new level compared to many albums out there. It's perfect and I doubt that I will ever get bored of this album.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 08 June 2015 00:21:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8540 time(s) in 2675 post(s)
Brandon: Great work on the album! I've always preferred it when an artist releases a record without any real amount of hype, it means that you can enjoy the music for what it is rather than what it's perceived to be. A wonderful collection of songs with a wide range of different influences, great work once again!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#25 Posted : 08 June 2015 10:36:05(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
OOC: High quality RP here! Really good job! Love the lyrics, they're realistic, it looks like a real album to me. One of your best RPs for sure!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
Offline Andre Gandra  
#26 Posted : 09 June 2015 01:20:28(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: You really are a toxic woman miss Lake, but in a very gifted and good way. I love this album top to bottom, the lyrics are incredibly well written, the melodies are a perfect match to the purposes of the songs. It's really incredible. A favorite of mine is certainly "Love, when you're ready".

OOC: Great Job on the writing here, it's superb.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#27 Posted : 10 June 2015 03:46:57(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Abie: You really are a toxic woman miss Lake, but in a very gifted and good way. I love this album top to bottom, the lyrics are incredibly well written, the melodies are a perfect match to the purposes of the songs. It's really incredible. A favorite of mine is certainly "Love, when you're ready".

OOC: Great Job on the writing here, it's superb.

Cristina Lake: You are truly an inspiration to women all around the world Abie, thank you for your kind words. Glad you like that one! Hope to see you around soon :)

OOC: Thank you Andre :)

Originally Posted by: Realms Of Darkness Go to Quoted Post
OOC: High quality RP here! Really good job! Love the lyrics, they're realistic, it looks like a real album to me. One of your best RPs for sure!

OOC: Yay! That really means a lot to me :) Thank you!

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Brandon: Great work on the album! I've always preferred it when an artist releases a record without any real amount of hype, it means that you can enjoy the music for what it is rather than what it's perceived to be. A wonderful collection of songs with a wide range of different influences, great work once again!

Cristina: That is exactly what I was going for Brandon, I didn't intend this to be the next big headline. I just wanted to release the album quietly for the people who have been patiently waiting for new music, never would have known that it would have gone over as well as it has, it's quite shocking and flattering to say the least. Thank you :) You are always a delightful being.

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
BarbieDoll: I see you as a huge inspiration. Your lyrics are on point and I wish that I could write as good as you. I see no low points on this Album , every track is on a new level compared to many albums out there. It's perfect and I doubt that I will ever get bored of this album.

Cristina: Thank you, Barbie Doll. I definitely aspire to inspire people all around the world whether it be male or female so that is a huge compliment and I am glad you look at me in that sense. Huge compliments that are much appreciated, enjoy :)

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Michelle: Cristina, it is so wonderful to have you back releasing music again! Such a lovely surprise to come online one night and see that you've dropped a record seemingly out of nowhere and a stellar one at that. I know that it wasn't a rash decision to put a bunch of tracks together and chuck it out there. I can tell that a lot of hard work, time, effort and dedication went in to crafted an album of such high standard and quality like this. I am in love with the record already, especially the track "Stay Young", love the whole vibe and atmosphere surrounding the song. I'm sure it will be another great success for you, hun xx

Cristina: Awww Michelle, this made me smile from ear to ear. You're right! This definitely wasn't a rash decision, this album has been in the making since 2013 and I hit alot of walls, mishaps and trial and tribulation before it saw the light of day and I am so relieved to have it out there and to see that people are enjoying it so much! Goes to show that eventually hard work does pay off indeed. So very glad you are enjoying the album and 'Stay Young', that's one of my favorites as well!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/06/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#28 Posted : 10 June 2015 03:55:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Such a badass move to just drop the album out of nowhere like that, I respect that. If you believe in your music enough then who cares about release strategies and promotion and blahblahblah, right? Clearly you worked super hard on this record and you've let the music speak for itself, so props to you, giiirl! Anyone can put out good singles, but to make a strong body of works is no easy task and I really believe you've done that. "Incandescent Romance" is fuckin EVERYTHING (that chorus tho) and "Quiet Game" makes me green with envy. Not a cool forest green, like a real ugly green. Cuz it's that good. High fivin' you all the way from Cali, hi5 for more fabulous women puttin it down.

OOC: I love how all the soundalikes follow a consistent sound, it all works well together and makes for a realistic sounding album. Lyrics are great too, my faves are the ones Val mentioned but it's all incredibly strong and makes for another fantastic album RP from you, well done. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 10/06/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#29 Posted : 11 June 2015 13:52:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Nice job on all of this, I really enjoyed the album :) For some reason, I always saw Cristina and Hannah Beth being like the same lol but for some reason I chose a different path with her but I feel like the two of them eerily relate to one another but never really crossed paths to know that. Random thought :P

Nova: What a lovely album here missy! I still love "Chasing The Renegades" but I'm glad I have some new material from you to repeat on my lonely nights at home :P Can I tell you, I love every track but track four is my absolute favorite. It's like the gospel truth! It's very wise and great advice to like every man/woman that's existence seems to be solely to find love. Not to knock that or anything but I just feel like that song is speaking all kinds of truth. Love the album, hopefully a tour? And can't wait for the film as well. Look at you, a modern day renaissance woman ;) Love it.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#30 Posted : 13 June 2015 18:18:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

TOXIC WOMAN - INTERVIEW

UserPostedImage

Cristina Lake, one of world's most beloved indie stars who we've watched on our movie screens since she was a young girl. It was in 2010 that Ms Lake really got her big break, signing a record deal with Junction Records which was the label to beat some years ago. Lake went onto make a name for herself proving her talents as a singer. NOLA was released in 2010 to a critical acclaim. It wasn't until 2011 where Cristina Lake's life would be struck with tragedy. Cristina was involved in a highly publicized relationship with troubled musician Jack Frost who passed away in the misc of a tabloid circus that would soon become too much for a mourning Cristina to bear. The young celebrity seemingly vanished for an entire year and returned with her second album Chasing The Renegades who many assume was a vulnerable ode to her late boyfriend. Despite surging the charts at #1 with the album, Cristina Lake was officially at a low point in her life. Fast-forward three more years and today it seems as if the 25 year old has fought through her trial and tribulation and stands a stronger and more self aware woman as she shows in most recent album "Toxic Woman", her third offering which was released with absolutely no warning. Sitting down with the actress and singer who ironically enough is very humanly and polite, gives us an incite into what Cristina Lake's life in the limelight is and was through her lens as she proves to have staying power in a sometimes fickle industry. She is your Toxic Woman, Cristina Lake....

UserPostedImage

Hi Cristina! You've released your highly anticipated album "Toxic Woman". How does it feel to finally get that out there to the public?
Hello, and it feels wonderful. I feel so enlightened and relieved that it's finally out there. It definitely took a while and there was a lot of moments when I felt like it would take even longer because I don't feel the pressure to release music until I completely feel comfortable with. You know? So now that's it's hear I am incredibly happy and excited for everything to come.

And a question that's probably been on some of your fans minds is why the disappearance after your last single?
I think the perfectionist in me got the best of the situation. The album has gone through many changes from it's beginning stages, it's quite compelling actually. One Day was released and at the time I put it out to the public early on as like, a teaser if you will and there were many records I had written and recorded when I was on tour with Julia Volkova, one of them being One Day. In the end when I heard the final body of work I just wasn't happy with it. It felt rushed. There was a lot I was doing at that time so I didn't really have the chance to fully focus on recording an album just yet, and that was my mistake when it came to the early process of this album. After the tour was over I took a few weeks to just rest and then I had some acting obligations and when I finished that I felt ready to get back to writing and focusing on the album fully. I never gave myself a release date because I knew all along that I wasn't going to put it out until it felt ready and that's why there were sporadic songs I was putting out for my fans who wanted music. "Blinded By The Weakness", "Long Distance Lies" and the more recent "Toxic Woman" and "Addicted To Broken Hearts" were all songs I felt comfortable releasing while I fulfilled my obligations and when the album was complete it would be released. Some would say I "disappeared" but if you really look at it I've been here all along, just not exactly in your face. Never really been an avid Twitter and Instagram user so maybe that's why it seems that I've been gone for a long time but really it hasn't been! *laughs*

You know it's very risky for an artist to surprisingly release an album with no warning. What was going through your mind when it finally came time to release the album?
What was going through my mind? Just thinking 'finally'. Three years really flew by and I sat with Dan Auberach and a few close friends that night I put the album online and thought "That was really a journey wasn't it? But I am very happy". I'd call it a very small listening party...I had my wine in hand for a bit of celebration, and just put it out there. Wasn't nervous or anything, I felt there was no need to hold on to the album anymore, and at that point I was too anxious to even release another single and have people wait longer, it was time for it to come out right then and there.

What's even riskier is to release an album that in some eyes is not like your usual self. Some have said your image has recently become visibly "edgier" since your first record back in 2010. Do you agree?
I think as a woman we are always ostracized for embracing our sexuality when we do, and even more so when people aren't necessarily used to it. As for me, it's just where I am right now. Before, I was so afraid to be sexy because I was scared of what people would say and I remember actually speaking to Julia Vokova about it, she's always so free and doesn't care what people think especially when it comes to her image, it's either you love her or you don't, and that kind of inspired me to be the same way. Not saying I want to take on this sexual image or anything but I am a grown woman, and I am free to do what I want. I wouldn't call it edgier or riskier, it's just where I am right now. I feel free, I feel confident and for this album I let loose an thought it was time to show people a different side of me, and I don't find anything wrong with that.

What do you feel is the biggest misconception people might have about you?
Probably that I am this confident glamazon who has no flaws and worries. Totally untrue, I cry...I laugh...I worry, I have insecurities and morning breath *laughs*. I'm human.

Have you always had trouble finding your inner confidence?
Not always but sometimes.....I think it's normal for any person to have trouble finding their inner confidence and I think majority suffer from it. We live in a world where theres so many standards that we must reach and sometimes "am I good enough" becomes a thought to even the best of us. I am finding that my confidence is something that took a while to really come out. I am embracing it lately, I feel like it's evident on the latest record too.

You spoke about your label earlier, "Daytime Listening", it's a rather reserved label with just you currently signed. Have you ever had thoughts to expand the label?
Yes. I do have plans to actually make the label more correlative and expanded. I started the label years ago to be able to have control over my music and it's releases with a distribution deal with Liberation/Nomad. I feel much more comfortable knowing I have control over everything I do musically. It's tougher, and more of a process with everything but I feel better knowing that I know where my music is going and that I own the rights to it. In terms of expansion, I definitely have my eyes on a few new acts that I feel would be perfect for my new vision of Daytime Listening where I can help mold them into something even more special.

2010 was definitely a looked at as a very bright year for you correct? You were signed to Junction Records and released your debut album "Nola", what would you tell yourself back 5 years ago if you had the chance?
Oh, such a good question! I would have definitely told myself to better prepare for what would be a firestorm of chaos and sadness that would come the following year...

UserPostedImage

The following year Jack Frost, who you were known to be romantically linked with passed away. This question has never been asked and I am glad you are allowing us to here. Can you talk a little about Jack? and how did you initially deal with his death?
There was something about him that just drew me to him, i guess it's the whole grungy, rock guy look, he was the complete opposite of me and of anyone's visions as to who I would date, but that's what I guess attracted me to him. How different he was. They say girls love a bad boy and I guess that's what it was. He was a rebellious and I don't know why but it just caught me up. A lot of people didn't think he treat me well and that's lies from the media, the media painted him out to be the most evil, angry person you could ever imagine and I just thought it was wrong. No, he wasn't angry, he wasn't evil.. what he was, was troubled. Jack treated me with so much respect and taught me so much about music, about life and this thing we call fame. But soon after things just turned really, really bad. When I was Jack was troubled, he couldn't really let go certain things from his past and would revert to certain things to keep his mind away from it. I don't want to get too deep into it or anything but I was trying, we both were. I was trying my hardest as a girlfriend to make ends meet and make him feel better about his depression and on top of all of this he just lost himself. The person I once knew was long gone and of course I was yearning for the person I first started dating and with all the media just milking us, it just was too much. I couldn't do it. He thought it was best for us to separate and told me to keep my distance, but we still kept in contact, he told me he was doing fine and we stayed on good terms and then it just happened...I don't know if he was lying to me when he said he was doing fine, but it just happened. Like that. I lost him. Following that really heartbreaking time, the media got even more out of control. I didn't even have a chance to mourn or essentially "deal with it" it was complete chaos and all just a blur. I remember just being at very low point in my life, very very low. Just happy that today I can say I've come to terms with it and I have to move on with life.

The media storm was certainly crazy. For anyone, it would be tough to maintain your own sanity while going through such a thing. Did you cope well?
My mind was in a haze, I just felt empty and lost. That's when I packed all my things and moved to Hawaii because if I didn't get away I do not know where I was going to end up. I felt like a little child with no where to go but only I was an adult. Imagine how low that must feel? Yeah. But it taught me so much about life, nothing can break me down.

Many called the records on your sophomore album "Chasing The Renegades" released in July of 2012 songs about Jack? Is this true?
I think anyone knows that is true. It was where I was at the moment, he was on my mind and I wrote a lot of sad songs and it turned out to be rather therapeutic for it and resulted in a great album. Writing that album got a lot off of my chest and it's shown on Chasing The Renegades, the sadness, the yearning but in the end the overcome. That along with plenty of thinking time and some island isolation really helped me cope and made me a stronger person.

How are you feeling in present time, looking back at it all ?
I am very delighted to say that I am happier than I have ever been at this moment. I feel free, and able to do what I want and just fearless and I've never felt like this before. It feels great.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Cristina. Fortunately the reception of Toxic Woman has been monumental. How did you feel knowing it has gone over so well?
I'm very grateful. Releasing Toxic Woman was like entering a new chapter in my life. One where I can feel comfortable doing whatever I desire and not caring what the outcome would be and that all started with releasing it without notice, and the outcome luckily was something I'll always remember. The amount of love people are giving the album is unbelievable.

UserPostedImage

Many are calling it your best. Another thing that's on all our minds is what comes next?
I haven't even thought about all of that yet. Just going to give the fans back what I owe them, they have been waiting for quite a while.

Do you have your next single planned?
Yes. There's two new singles I believe I am gonna go with in promotion for the album. It's hard choosing which singles will come from the album but I plan on releasing at least 4 more singles over the next months. I'll be releasing the single next week.

Maybe a tour in the works?
The tour is being formatted now with my awesome tour team, actually. Two tours this year. The first is going to be an intimate 25 date summer tour. We are waiting for the venues to be cleared before tickets go on sale. Then the planned arena tour will kick off in the fourth quarter of 2015. The arena tour will be bigger, and will reach many places, maybe even a co headlining tour could happen again. That's always fun. I'm excited for both, can't wait to see my fans. They really are so patient and supportive no matter what.

What would you say is different about your last record, Chasing The Renegades as opposed to this new record?
I think Chasing The Renegades was more vulnerable record. Many of the songs were songs about sadness and losing hope. Toxic Woman is much more confident, in your face and promiscuous if you will. I also find that Toxic Woman is a darker record than Chasing The Renegades in terms of sound and even in some times the lyrical content. I think they are two very different albums when it comes to the lyrical content and subjects. Toxic Woman is more diverse and subjects that I sing about, with Chasing The Renegades I sort of stuck to one blue print and I made sure not to do the same with the new album.?

How was the initial recording process of Toxic Woman?
It was actually very long but when I had the chance to take time to actually record the album it went by rather smoothly. It was really nice to see the album start taking shape after such a long time, by the ending of the recording process everything was going so smoothly. I've had so many recording sessions for this album since 2013 that I probably can't remember some, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Now that you are three albums in, what would you say is the most challenging part about recording?
Outdoing yourself. Some people may lie and pretend that there's no worries when recoding your follow up album but I can sit here and admit that you always want to do better than what you previously did, at least that's how it is for me. That's the most challenging part, you want to keep challenging yourself and pushing the boundaries of what you haven't done. That's what makes it challenging when recording, you always want to make sure you did better than before.

You also are releasing a film to coincide with the album, also entitled Toxic Woman. Can you tell us about the movie?
So excited about this! The Toxic Woman film is an hour long short film starring myself and a few up and coming actors. I could have gone the whole mile and called up a few of my friends who are popular in Hollywood but I wanted to keep it rather small, straight to the point and plus that'd just take a lot of time. I wanted one focus. We've been working on the film for the past 10 months and it features a lot of the music from the album. I play a girl who basically goes crazy after a terrible, terrible breakup and becomes a walking "toxic woman". She's evilly dangerous, sexual, and out of control, can she be tamed eventually? That's the big question. That pretty much all I will give away right now. It's a very interesting and fierce film. I had a great time channeling the inner fierceness in me and I'm glad it's finally coming out.

How and when can fans get a chance to see the movie?
The movie will be premiering at the LA Film Festival on June 18th and will be premiering throughout the Nantucket Film Festival from June 24th until the 29th. We are working on a downloadable version of the movie that can be purchased on July 5th.

Okay, Back to the Toxic Woman album. I have to ask about one of the collaborations on the album. You brought Kidd Amaze who is a very talented artist on the track "First Kiss Lipstick" now you're both definitely very talented artists but the difference in the genres is very apparent as well what made you decide to bring Kidd on the track with you?
That had to do with me wanting to try out new things entirely on the new record. Kidd Amaze is an incredibly talented individual as you can see. He fit in perfectly on First Kiss Lipstick. That's a purely Indie/Trip Hop song and he did a great job rapping over the alternative production. I heard a lot of his work and when I finished recording First Kiss Lipstick I wanted to get a rapper on it, it was my first one bringing on a lyricist to collaborate with and I felt he'd be the best fit for the challenge and of course, he did a great job. So Kidd Amaze, thank you!

Speaking of collaborations that is only one of two on the album. What made you decide to keep it cut back to just two?
I felt that Toxic Woman was a story I wanted to tell and it didn't really need many guest features. So I kept the collaborations very low, I'm definitely open to do collaborations but for the album I kept it to a minimum.

The other collaboration on Toxic Woman is with Brandon Caulfield who again is a very talented artist and it was on one of the singles from the album released back in 2014 what made you decide to collaborate with Brandon and what was the experience like?
Brandon is a very good friend of mine so whenever we record and write together, it's a very smooth experience. I'm sure "One Day" won't be the last time we work together. One Day was originally without Brandon in the early stag

Recently we've seen a bunch of new artists coming from all genres spring up. Some have gone into superstardom and some have already faded out, are there any new artists from this year that you'd have an interest in collaborating with in the near or distant future?
I'd definitely love to work with Nova. I love her music! And Hannah Beth, I'm hearing that she has new music on the way and I can't wait for that so hopefully between now and when I retire a collaboration with them would be really cool. As for the males, I am loving Zane Sharpe and would work with him in the near future.

UserPostedImage

You've been in the industry for awhile now and seem to have a lot of staying power which some artists don't tend to have. What advice could you give to some of them to build on from that success?
To keep your dream alive and never give up. Staying power is just a myth, as long as you can connect with the people you are tending to musically you will always be around. Another thing, don't always try o race to be on the top of the charts. Release the music that you love and it will come to you and if not then maybe it's not destined for you to be a pop star. I know many underground acts who love where they are and don't want the pressure of being a chart topper. There's slot of pressure in this business and sometimes it's not cut out for everyone.

You've released two albums on your own label "Daytime Listening", do you have any plans to sign any new artists in the future?
Yeah, like I said earlier I definitely a few people in mind that is love to speak to. One in particular who people haven't heard of I've speaking to and she might just make her entrance sometime this year!

Are you still currently signed with Liberation/Nomad?
I'm not initially signed to them. It's a yes and no answer. I'm signed to them in terms of they distribute my records. It's a distribution deal they also fund some of the things that I do but in terms of controlling anything creatively, I'm in charge of thy.

And I know it's still extremely early considering you've only just released your new album but when do you think you'll be back in the studio for album number four?
Not as of right now. I always have ideas that I want to try out but like you said, just released Toxic Woman. When I am done promoting and touring and all that stuff then I'll really start getting ideas together for album number four.

It has been a pleasure Ms Lake! Best of luck to you in the future.
It was so great speaking with you! Thank you for having me.

TOXIC WOMAN IS IN STORES NOW

Edited by user 14 June 2015 01:17:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 13/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 13/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 13/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 13/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#31 Posted : 19 June 2015 14:10:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TWO NEW SINGLES IMPACTING AIRPLAY

CRISTINA LAKE WILL BE RELEASING THE NEXT TWO OFFICIAL SINGLES FROM TOXIC WOMAN.
"IMAGINE" AND THE BRAND NEW REMIX TO "LONG DISTANCE LIES" FEATURING RAPPER LIYAH IS SET TO IMPACT RADIO ON
JUNE 21ST.

UserPostedImage

"IMAGINE"

UserPostedImage

"LONG DISTANCE LIES" [REMIX] (feat. Liyah)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 19/06/2015(UTC)