logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2015 22:52:00(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Title: Deadly Party EP
Artist: Johnny Carter
Release Date: September 30, 2015
Recorded: April - September 2015
Genre: R&B, Pop, Funk, Pop rock
Length: 26:26
Label: Just Record Records
Writer(s): Beyince Carols, Chris Lopez, Corey Mathis, Deby Goldon, Diamond Smith, Jerkins, Johnny Carter, TJ Cousins
Producer(s): Boots, Chris Lopez, Chuck Harmony, Jerkins, Jim Jonsin, Johnny Carter, Larry Blackmon, Naughty Boy

"Deadly Party" is the debut EP by American recording artist Johnny Carter, released on September 30, 2015 by Just Record Records. Recording sessions for the album took place from April to September 2015 at several studios. Johnny took a wider role in its production, co-writing all of the songs, and producing most of them, sharing ideas on the mixing and mastering of tracks. The tracks in the EP are a mixture of uptempos and ballads, which are basically inspired by R&B and Pop genres; it also features elements of Funk & Rock music. Johnny used his personal experiences for his debut EP, writing powerful ballads about heartbreaks and lost loves and lonileness and uptempo songs about having fun and a big ego. "Deadly Party" EP received positive reviews from music critics upon its release, with critics praising the production and Carter's vocals.

Singles:
1. "Deadly Love"
Released: April 30, 2015
2. "Deadly Love Remix" ft. Kidd Amaze
Released: May 30, 2015
3. "Grind"
Released: July 2, 2015
4. "True Love"
Released: October 6, 2015

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Edited by user 07 October 2015 03:45:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 28/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 29/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 29/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2015 02:31:06(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Deadly Love
Genre: R&B
Length: 3:58
Writer(s): Chris Lopez, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Boots, Chris Lopez, Johnny Carter

Deadly Love is the debut single from American singer Johnny Carter. It was released on April 30, 2015 as the lead single from Johnny's debut EP Deadly Party. The song was written by Chris Lopez and Johnny Carter; both of them collaborated with Boots during the production process. Deadly Love is an R&B song, its sound is operatic, with piano chords, and various rhythmic effects. Lyrically the song talks about feeling trapped in a dangerous, passionate and deadly love. Upon its release, Deadly Love received mostly positive reviews by music critics who praised the song for being mature, his vocals and its production and its addictive Pre-Hook and Hook.

Background
Deadly Love was written by Johnny Carter and his best friend Chris Lopez, who is also a new photographer and did the photoshoot for the singles' cover art; both of them collaborated with Boots, who is known for his work with Beyoncé, for the production. In April 2015, Johnny Carter started writing a song with his best friend Chris Lopez, the song was supposed to be more sexy and fun, but the subject changed in the process. In April 25, 2015, before the song was recorded Johnny updated his Twitter account teasing his fans and saying that the single would be released really soon. Deadly Love was recorded at Jungle City Studios, located in New York City under the guidance of Boots. It was later mixed by Tony Maserati and it was eventually mastered by George Smith. In April 27, 2015, Johnny posted an outtake from his photoshoot for the cover art by Chris Lopez on his personal accounts (Twitter, Instagram) announcing the release date of his debut single (April 30, 2015). In April 28, 2015, a preview of the song was posted on Johnny's website.

Composition
Deadly Love was written by Chris Lopez and Johnny Carter, the two of them with Boots produced the song. It is a midtempo R&B song, having smooth and silky vocals and a decisive R&B aesthetic.
Lyrically, "Deadly Love" talks about being trapped in a dangerous, passionate and deadly love, with the singer declaring: "Na na na, your love is killing me, na na na, your love is deadly". In an interview, Johnny stated that, "Deadly Love is about feeling trapped in a relationship or a situation, where you give your everything but the result isn't exactly what you expected. Many times you can't think clear and you don't feel free".

Critical Reception
The song received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who praised Johnny for being mature and the song's production. Maria Limber of Billboard was positive, declaring that the singer wanted to create a more mature image for himself and that he was in the right path. Dylan Clay of Music Book was negative towards some of the song's lyrics but he complimented Johnny's vocals. Josh Dallas of Musical Journey stated that the song was sexy with a magical tone. Michael Perry of MTV News wrote that the lyrics were too explicit for Johnny's age and it was impossible to connect with the song because of this, but praised the production and his vocal performance.

Chart Performance
"Deadly Love" debuted at #4 on The Hot Digital Songs Chart, selling 225,000 digital downloads. The following week, the song fell 1 position to number #5 after 235,000 download copies were sold. The third week, "Deadly Love" fell to number #15, the next week with sales of 235,000 it rose to number #7. On the Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts, "Deadly Love" rose from number #12 to number #10; the same week, the song was the 2nd most requested Urban track. "Deadly Love" was certified Gold in May 24, 2015 and Platinum in June 7, 2015. As of June 28, 2015, it has sold 1,360,000 paid digital downloads.

Lyrics

Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

It's making me sick
I can't even breath
Your love is dangerous
It's unfair to play like this

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly
You suck my love, my life out of me like a medicine
You're like a drug for me, deadly, deadly, deadly love

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

All I wanted was to feel your lips
You rub slowly on my body
Trying to seduce me
Your love ain't good for me but I still love it

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

I'm your prisoner, your slave
How can you destroy me, little by little
I'm not sure of what to do
I don't want it but I do
I know I can't control it

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

It's making me sick
I can't even breath

Sounds Like:
thanks 7 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#3 Posted : 29 September 2015 02:56:57(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Don't Come Back
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:37
Writer(s): Johnny Carter, Deby Goldon
Producer(s): Chuck Harmony, Johnny Carter

Don't Come Back is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter for his debut EP, Deadly Party (2015). Written and produced by Johnny Carter and Chuck Harmony, "Don't Come Back" is a pop ballad that contains dark and tense atmospheric elements in its composition. Lyrically, the song is about an abusive and full of troubles relationship that ended and now he's saying that he'll be so much better without her. The song received generally positive reviews from critics, with many praising his vocal performance.

Lyrics

After all these years of foolishness
I wanna be able to smile
Away from you and all your troubles
I wanna open my wings to fly
And now you're leaving, I don't care but don't forget to say goodbye

You made me run, you made me cry
You were a pain in the ass
But now it's time to take my turn
And make you pay for my scars

From now on I'll be free and ready to shine
Without you I'm a magnet of light
The prison you have built to keep me inside
Is now just a pile of rubble and there's no one to control
And now you're leaving, I don't care but don't forget to say goodbye

So what will you do away from me (don't come back x2)
I know I'll be better without you
But you, you won't have someone to do what you wish (don't come back x2)
I'll be sitting here laughing at you (you), hey

Sounds Like:
thanks 7 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 29 September 2015 04:01:49(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: True Love
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:33
Writer(s): Johnny Carter, Beyince Carols
Producer(s): Naughty Boy, Johnny Carter

True Love is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter. Beyince Carols co-wrote and Naughty Boy co-produced "True Love" with Johnny Carter. For the song Johnny used his personal experience as he felt this way a while ago "I wrote this song because I wanted to express my feelings for a person in a special way. Sometimes you're in love with someone and that person doesn't feel the same way about you and you know it but you have hope... You can wait a million years for them to love you and that's what the song is about. You love someone without receiving the love back and that's true love". Upon its release, the song received positive reviews from music critics, who praised the singer's raw vocals and applauded the song for its pop appeal; many of them further hailed it as a highlight of the album.

Lyrics

I wanna kiss you so bad
And show you how I feel
But everything is so complicated
That I can't even speak
I'm constantly thinking of you
And how it'd be to be with you
But then reality kicks in
And my dreams just won't come true

The only thing I want in my life
Is to hold you, kiss you, touch you
To express my love and passion
And to make you feel attraction

I only want to see you smile
Even if I'm not the one you love
I'll just help to build your life
And I'll stare from far apart your world

After many years I'll still have hope for your kiss and love
Maybe later you'll see and realize, what you truly mean to me, my love

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 29 September 2015 06:09:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#5 Posted : 29 September 2015 23:20:25(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Lonely
Length: 3:43
Writer(s): Jerkins, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Jerkins, Johnny Carter

Lonely is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter. The song was written and produced by Jerkins and Johnny for the 2015 film "Evangelion" and it was later included on his debut EP, Deadly Party (2015). "Lonely" is a R&B song; its lyrics make reference to hopelessness and the fear of being alone. When Johnny heard about the soundtrack of Evangelion, he wanted to be a part of it. "For me to have the opportunity to be a part of such a huge project as the Evangelion soundtrack is unbelievable. My song is mainly about lonileness and I think that everyone is afraid of this feeling. Everyone wants to be with people that love them and they love, so in my song I'm talking about the need to have someone by your side."

Lyrics

I'm here tonight and I'm singing but the pain won't go away
I'm trying to make me feel alive but I'm feeling dead inside
I want to let it go but I don't have the strength
I'm drowning in my thoughts, I need you to help me
I'm feeling lonely
I try to control it but it's hard to fight back
And it's hard to live like this but I hope I will survive
And I can't do it alone, could you guide me
'Cause I'm drowning in my thoughts, I need you to help me

I'm feeling lonely
And I don't wanna be the only person sitting alone across the wall
And I don't want the only friend I have, leaving me alone
And I don't want to be alone
I'm not able to live when I am lost in this dream, I need you to help me
I'm feeling lonely

I'm lost again 'cause no one's here to be by my side
To support me in these days of mine that I can't sleep alright
To give me comfort and make me smile

I'm feeling lonely
I'm feeling lonely

I have to survive when nobody is around
'Cause I'm tired of begging you, I think I'm dying
I won't be feeling this way, no more

I'm feeling lonely
I'm feeling lonely

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 29 September 2015 23:28:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 29/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#6 Posted : 30 September 2015 03:39:25(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Grind
Length: 3:48
Writer(s): Diamond Smith, Corey Mathis, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Jim Jonsin

Grind is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter for his debut EP, Deadly Party (2015). The song was written by Diamond Smith, Corey Mathis and Johnny Carter and produced by Jim Jonsin. It was released as the second single from the EP on July 2, 2015. "Grind" is an R&B track, while its lyrics portrait Johnny wanting to dance just for the special one. The song received generally favorable reviews from music critics, with many complimenting the song's sexy nature and the dance environment, but a few dismissed its concept.

Background
"Grind" was written by Diamond Smith, Corey Mathis and Johnny Carter for the latter's debut EP. It was produced by Jim Jonsin, who also served as the song's vocal producer. The track was recorded with guidance by Stuart White in Jungle City Studios, located in New York City. The engineering of "Grind" was done by Ramon Rivas. Chris Godbey finished the mixing and eventually, the mastering was done by Tom Coyne at Sterling Sound. On June 30, 2015, Johnny teased "Grind" by posting the single's cover art and release date on Instagram. Jim Farber of New York News wrote that the single's cover art "doubles the pleasure and doubles the fun".

Composition
"Grind" is a three and forty-eight-minute track, It is an R&B song. It was noted to be the EP's sexiest song. Many critics found similarities to work by musician Kato. Lyrically, it talks about desire and devotion, with Andrew Norman from AbsolutePunk noting it was about "frank sexual desires and devotion".

Critical Reception
Reception towards the song was positive, with many critics praising the song's sexy nature. John Stewart from Vibe magazine opined it was impossible for a non-asexual person to hear "Grind" and not feel an urge to invite their partner for "no-pants dance". Zach Rolland of Dream Music magazine called "Grind" a great follow up for Deadly Love and a baby-making song. Fact's Chris Morrison felt that "Grind" shouldn't have been a single. Clara Zaire from the website Music Life found the song to sound like a bonus track.

Chart Performance
"Grind" debuted at #6 on The Hot Digital Songs Chart, selling 320,000 digital downloads and on the Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts. Its second and third week on The Hot Digital Songs Chart, it fell two positions to number 8 with 210,000 downloads and then to number 10 with 205,000 downloads. After Johnny's performance at the FCAs 2015, the song rose two positions to number 14 with 280,000 downloads. The second week on the Top 20 Weekly Airplay Charts it fell three positions to number 9 and it stayed there for one more week while it was the 3rd most requested Pop/Dance/Rhythmic track. "Grind" was certified Gold in July 19, 2015 and Platinum in August 9, 2015. As of August 30, 2015, it has sold 1,465,000 paid digital downloads.

Lyrics

Every girl see wants me to grind for her baby
They're mesmerized by my moves for ya babe
They want me to dance slowly for them maybe
But it's a privilege just for you yeah crazy

So let me grind on you
I wanna give you everything baby, grind on you
To make you feel amazing, grind on you
You won't forget this baby, just let me show you how
Grind on you

This is your lucky day oh yeah baby
I see you while you're dreaming of me lately
I wanna make it real to you and get you wild babe
And show you how I move, I'm here right next to you

So let me grind on you
Grind on you

I wanna grind on you and make you feel sexy
This day is today, we're gonna keep this town awaken
I have to grind on you, just taste me really good

So let me grind on you
Grind on you

Sounds Like:
thanks 4 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
Welat65 on 30/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#7 Posted : 30 September 2015 22:39:07(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Boss Up
Genre: Funk, pop rock
Length: 3:29
Writer(s): Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Larry Blackmon

Boss Up is a song recorded by American singer Johnny Carter for his debut EP, Deadly Party (2015). The song was written by him and produced by Larry Blackmon. Lyrically the song talks about a person's self esteem and about Johnny's career that is getting bigger. Johnny said "The song isn't actually about me and my career but is about every thing that we do. We shouldn't listen to everyone else but we should try hard to achieve our dreams and be confident because no one and nothing can bring us down if we believe in ourselves". The song received mixed reviews from music critics, who found the song too bossy and thought that it wasn't relevant with his career.

Lyrics

Hottest new thing I tell ya and you know it
I'm here to stay and make it big
After the years to come I'll still be number #1
You know I'll be the boss so let me step my game up

Honestly, you know, I'm the boss boss boss
and no more loss for me, from now on I'm winning
You know that I'm the boss boss boss
And no more loss for me, from now on I'm winning
Now let me boss up, boss up

You have to try harder to bring me down
'Cause I'm the latest shit that came around
Come with me to make it big
We'll be the bosses and we'll rule the industry

I shine brighter than the stars
And after all I'm just like one
You know you'll see me in the sky
So take a look to be inspired

B-O-S-S Up
B-O-S-S Up

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 01 October 2015 00:23:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RoseJapanFan on 30/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/10/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#8 Posted : 30 September 2015 22:59:10(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

UserPostedImage
Title: Deadly Love Remix ft. Kidd Amaze
Length: 4:18
Writer(s): Chris Lopez, TJ Cousins, Johnny Carter
Producer(s): Boots, Chris Lopez, Johnny Carter

A remix of Deadly Love featuring rapper Kidd Amaze was released on May 30, 2015. The remix version of the song features a newly added verse by Kidd Amaze and marks Johnny's first collaboration. Its music was the same as the original. Upon its release, it received mostly positive reviews from music critics who praised Kidd Amaze's new verse saying it added a new aesthetic to the song and improved it.

Chart Performance
The Remix debuted at #3 with sales of 290,000 downloads on The Hot Digital Songs Chart. The second week the Remix peaked at #2 with 175,000 downloads sold. The third week the song fell 1 position to number #3 with sales of 310,000 downloads; the same week the song was certified Gold. On the Airplay Charts, it debuted at #7. The following week, the song rose 2 positions to number #5; the same week, it was the 3rd most requested Pop/Dance/Rhythmic track.

Lyrics

[Johnny:]
Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

It's making me sick
I can't even breath
Your love is dangerous
It's unfair to play like this

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

Dark Lights
Candles on fire
I'm ready
Are you?

[Kidd Amaze:]
You know the type they have their heart on their sleeve,
Are the ones comfortable with pulling the IVs
I already told that they don't check id's
Cause I'm getting bigger, added another D
You see so please don't get to close
You are the type that I like the most
But you host one of the dangerous game
I love it, I love you and I feed off the pain
My heart is strain and my color is drain
You have me feeling some type way but I keep going again.
My insanity, crazy how people can flip
Pray you don't see my picture above the word R.I.P.

[Johnny:]
I'm your prisoner, your slave
How can you destroy me, little by little
I'm not sure of what to do
I don't want it but I do
I know I can't control it

Na Na Na
Your love is killing me
Na Na Na
Your love is deadly

Your love is deadly
I can't understand it
How a girl like you
Can make me fly away

It's making me sick
I can't even breath

Sounds Like:
Welat65 on 01/10/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 06 October 2015 05:22:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Great job on all of this :) It's really well done for your first EP rp.

Anaísz: Woooo, this is so live! My favorites are "True Love" and "Don't Come Back." They hit me right in the feels but "Don't Come Back" is really the MVP. Please tell me you're releasing it as a single?! I love your voice, it's so cute. Congratulations on all your success so far, you deserve it :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#10 Posted : 06 October 2015 06:01:30(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great job on all of this :) It's really well done for your first EP rp.

Anaísz: Woooo, this is so live! My favorites are "True Love" and "Don't Come Back." They hit me right in the feels but "Don't Come Back" is really the MVP. Please tell me you're releasing it as a single?! I love your voice, it's so cute. Congratulations on all your success so far, you deserve it :)

OOC - Thank you so much:D I will work more on his debut album to make it better

Johnny: Thank you so much Anaísz!! I appreciate it:D Unfortunately my next and last single from it is True Love :/ at least it's one of your favorites haha
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#11 Posted : 07 October 2015 04:52:55(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Yaaaay, awesome EP! I literally LOVED every song, some a little bit more but I loved them all overall. "BOSS UP" is my jam though. My body is shaking to it, slay my existence.

Edited by user 07 October 2015 05:25:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 07/10/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#12 Posted : 07 October 2015 05:14:16(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: Yaaaay, awesome EP! I literally LOVED every, some a little bit more but I loved them all overall. "BOSS UP" is my jam though. My body is shaking to it, slay me existence.

Johnny: Ohh Thank you 😃 haha yeah I love dat song.. We have to dance to it together girl 😘