logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2018 16:31:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Two Twinks. One Agenda.

In a world full of bigotry, terror and peril seemingly ruled by people who look like curdled milk, only two men can restore faith and order to humanity: Joshua Orlando Grimmie and Dae Ho Park. Fret not as our heroes fight the good fight, delve into drug fuelled conspiracy theories, EXPOSE the government, write strongly worded emails and hold up a middle finger while screaming "FUCK BLUE LIVES!". Join the dynamic duo on their adventures throughout this backwards world and make Conservatives QUAKE.

Warning: Contains strong language, a New Jersey accent, random spur of the moment RP ideas and the taste of Republican tears.

We are not responsible for sudden and startling WOKEness or eye loss.

Edited by user 25 November 2019 08:57:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 4 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 12/08/2018(UTC), erich hess on 12/08/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/08/2018(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/08/2018(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 12 August 2018 16:31:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua sparks up a joint as he and Dae sit on the bedroom floor, recreating a classic childhood slumber party vibe...with drugs and alcohol. He's so happy to have his best friend over not just because it's been a tough time for Joshua recently but for the fact that he's missed him and it's been so long. Dae always brings out the real Joshua, the one that people fail to or simply don't want to see. He isn't as uptight as people think he is. Joshua is a 20-year-old guy with a zest for life, quick wit and love for people. This is him right here in his bedroom in New Jersey, as comfy and casual as you'd ever find him. His decor and the outside lighting conjure a red and purple tinted haze in the room, making everything feel much more warmer and snug. The bright lights and buzz from Johnny's place and the general showbiz lifestyle are gone. It's just him and his best friend in his room, drinking and getting high as fuck. Joshua seems to be more interested in the weed while Dae is focused on the Devil's juice, already arriving a little bit tipsy.

"...I feel like you, YOU get me more than anyone else does. Well, there's Ashley but she's my big sister. Not counting that relationship," he says after exhaling with a tilt of his head to the ceiling. They've been having a heart to heart about relationships and Johnny's infidelity for the last hour and a half. "Johnny...he doesn't get me. He tries. He does his best to support me, you know...when he's not preoccupied elsewhere...but even before shit hit the fan, I always sensed I was still one big fucking puzzle to him. I feel like I say things, fight for things, need things and it all just goes over his head. I mean, it's not THAT hard to get on the same page as a bipolar left wing activist who gets really intense and can't hold his tongue, right?" Joshua jokes with a little laugh, doing his best to lighten up a situation that could probably kill him if he didn't put some humour into it. He certainly is a lot to handle and he has trouble truly trusting people and letting them into his real life. That's why it totally floored him when he discovered the cheating. The trust was gone and if the man he confided in was sleeping with other people, there's no telling what else he could be doing or saying when Joshua's back is turned.

Joshua gets up off the floor and clenches his jaw, wincing due to having a dead leg from sitting down there for so long. "Fuck!" he exclaims with a little hop before sitting on his bed. He looks down at Dae through the smoke and smirks. "You think I would've been able to satisfy him if I just did the eye thing?" Joshua winks purposely with his sleepy eyelid.

Edited by user 12 August 2018 16:34:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 12 August 2018 17:30:54(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Ever since dropping his debut album, Dae has barely been able to see his best friend Joshua. Not only have their schedules been conflicted thanks to both of their careers skyrocketing but Joshua has been in a relationship so naturally, all of his free time goes to his boyfriend. Dae himself has been enjoying every bit of his freedom as a single star, partying all night and recovering all day. He's truly been living it up, shallow interactions with shallow people aren't all that bad when drugs sex and money are involved in the mix. As much as he loved basking in the wild side, he loved lounging with the people he cared about even more.

Dae may be a little tipsy right now but he's still as understanding as ever. Catching up with his friend Joshua tonight has filled him on a lot that got lost in the distance. Dae's never been the type to sit down and check up on anyone but when his friends and family approaches him with hardships, he always listens. After hearing everything tonight a piece of him wishes that he made himself a little more available so that Joshua wouldn't hesitate to approach him with his problems as they happened. He continued to listen though, doing his best to be a better friend in this moment.

"You know, I think where a lot of people go wrong is when they get in a relationship and expect one person to be their entire support system." He says to Joshua, trying to pull him out of his doubts to see the bigger picture. "You have multiple people keeping you afloat because that's what it takes for a lot of us. I can provide support in ways Johnny cant, and it's the same vice versa. Doesn't mean he's lacking as a boyfriend, it just means you have a best friend and a boyfriend for a reason and it's okay if Johnny isn't both." Dae rests his head on the foot of the bed as Joshua passes him the blunt. "He doesn't understand you like I do because he understands you in his own way, you know?" Dae takes a hit of the blunt and then hiccups tipsily immediately after. It makes him giggle a little. When Joshua mentions the eye socket play, Dae's tipsy ass almost chokes on his own breath. "I....is that even possible?" It's so funny how people bring it up often but it throws him off every time. Poor boy has been traumatized.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/08/2018(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2018 07:03:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua listens to what Dae has to say about the situation. He understands that Johnny doesn't have to be his only sounding board but with the cheating too, it all just snowballs and feels like one big lie and slap to the face for him. That's also part of Joshua's issue, something that he can't help - he FEELS deeply. When something makes him angry, he sees a red mist. When something makes him upset, it's the end of the world. "Yeah...I guess you're right. It's still fucked up and hard to get my head around though. When you think someone is your rock and you share everything with them...then they sleep with a meathead from a tacky boy band. Fun." Joshua is now at the place where he is able to talk about the situation without wanting to break down or punch something. He's still angered and unforgiving on the inside but there's a calmness to him, which is a deadly warning sign for some. He doesn't even have the energy to beat someone's ass. He's just done.

"Sorry for boring the ass off you, Mr Singleton," Joshua says from the bed, giving Dae a little nudge with his foot. It's fun to playfully push people you care about, especially when they're unsteady and intoxicated. "You live the exciting single, no-strings life and I'm here chewing your ear off about my relationships woes. I must sound like some bored middle-aged housewife complaining about how her husband doesn't satisfy her. God, I'm middle-American!" Joshua laughs but it's then turned into a cringe and whine of disgust when he thinks about the whole eye sex thing. "Uggh, I don't even want to know! I mean, I don't think you can just pop your eye out but for those already missing an eye? I...I uh don't think that's sanitary! Imagine if he cums? You'd look like you're crying milky tears!" Joshua chuckles and sits up on the bed, patting the space next to him. "You. Sit here. I can't be bothered looking down at you...for once."
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 23 March 2019 02:50:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua sits at the edge of the pool in his shorts, swishing his feet about in the water as he's sat next to Dae. This is as close as it gets to being out in the open air with company for Joshua. Ever since his gang attack in January, he's lived a rather reclusive life. Joshua Grimmie does not fear anyone and he isn't cowering away from a specific group but it's the idea of being hounded and surrounded that terrifies him. The trauma of being surrounded and helpless still haunts him and wakes him up in a cold sweat. He knows that even people with good intentions like fans will still swarm around him and the idea of being enclosed like that makes him shake. Until he's ready, he's staying within his home and only inviting the people he wishes to spend time with.

Dae is the longest serving friend Joshua has had and he's eternally grateful for him. Joshua isn't a bad person at all but with his bipolar, high levels of intelligence and extreme passion, he can be very intense and intimidating for people. Dae gets him, however. Just having him around makes Joshua feel more at ease. He doesn't have to be on the defensive or water things down for his friend. "You need to get back in the studio, Park. I need to hear more of your dulcet tones. I suffered a mild brain injury two months ago and I'm recording and writing from home. What's your excuse, lazy ass?" Joshua chuckles, moving his legs in the water. With the night sky starting to creep in and the soothing motion of the water, everything feels so chilled. Joshua is relaxed and feels as close to "normal" as he possibly can. There are no paparazzi, no pressures, his phone is off so there's no social media. He's unplugged from it all for the night.

Aside from yellowing bruises and some pink scarring on his left side, Joshua is doing remarkably well after his brutal attack. Back in January, things looked bleak for him when he was first hospitalised. Due to his mild brain injury, there were moments when he'd forget what he was saying or who he was even talking to. His bright mind was dimmed. This is the first time the pair have properly spent time together since Joshua was discharged. "I am OK, by the way," Joshua says with a reassuring smile. Not that Dae even said a word but it's a question he gets asked a LOT and, being shirtless, he knows that his friend can see the remnants of the damage on his side.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 23 March 2019 03:59:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"You don't need an excuse when you have no one to answer to." The words slipped so nonchalantly out of Dae's mouth as he slipped on a nice pair of shades and laid down. He was sitting with his back to Joshua's left shoulder so it was easy for him to lay his head on Joshua's lap and use him as a personal lounge chair. The scene was like something out of a movie, long as you ignore the fact that Joshua is not a lounge chair. Dae's a touchy friend, but in a way that more disregarded the humans around him more than anything. He's the friend that uses you as an armrest, a footrest, a headrest, and anything else he can lay over you to make himself comfier. It was his way of saying, "I'm comfortable around you!", but most just pushed him right off. So what if it somehow made him come off as a douchebag? Dae can't help that he's cooler than most.

Despite what he believes deep in his heart, Dae Ho Park has a plethora of people to answer to. Exactly 2 years ago, the teenage dream released his debut album for the world to consume and millions of people around the world ate it right up. You would think after years of fighting for a chance to focus on his singing career, seeing it flourish would've motivated him to keep at it but nope. For Dae, his drive to make and release music comes only after feeling like the stars have aligned just to get a good view of his next move. He has never felt pressured to get anything new out, despite the fact that his team and fans are all breathing down his neck. It means nothing to Dae, he's such an individual that he doesn't really grasp his responsibilities to others very well. It all seems to fly over his head that if you want to keep your fans, you have to feed them.

This trait about Dae can also explain why this is his first time spending time with Joshua in a while, even after the mind-boggling attack. When he heard the news that Joshua was in the hospital because of a gang attack, it was absolutely unreal to him. He called and checked up on him as much as possible but he felt it was best not to visit too often because, well, he figured Johnny would feel a way about it. Dae and Joshua were unusually close and the last thing he wanted to do was make it seem like he was stepping on Johnny's toes. Despite how bad he wanted to just step up and take care of Joshua himself, in his head Johnny and Joshua were madly in love and who would trade all that for a friend who wasn't sure if he wanted anything more? Dae goes for what he wants but only if he sees room for him in a situation. He refuses to force himself anywhere he is not wanted, though he never seems to know when he actually is.

When Joshua brings up how he's fine, it only dawns on him at the moment that his friend is still covered in bruises and marks. He opens his eyes back up and lifts his shades up, his view now consisting of the scratches under Joshua's chin. He started to say something showing real concern but stops himself, not wanting to ruin the chill vibes. He sighs. Joshua doesn't seem to be in a mood to have a heart to heart, and Dae is not the type of person to push it. "I know you are." He puts his shades back over his eyes and closes them. "Life is fucking crazy, but you're crazier. Gonna take more than an army."

Edited by user 23 March 2019 04:02:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 23 March 2019 12:24:22(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua starts to play with Dae's hair as he lays on his lap. It's probably a very intimate action for many people but when you're as close as these two it doesn't matter. Dae and Joshua are both very tactile with their relationship and are unusually close. Johnny has actually expressed some jealousy towards Dae in the past. He's not around so Joshua can play with Dae's awesome hair as much as he likes. "What makes you think you don't have to answer to me? Where's the damn album?!" Joshua says through gritted teeth jokingly. Even though he's messing around and just winding Dae up, Joshua's still a fan of his music. His taste is rather eclectic and he's always invested in the work of his friends, supporting and hyping them as much as he can. He wants them to utilise their talents and for them to flourish.

"Yeah, gonna take a lot more than a gang of thugs stomping on my head until I blackout to stop me. Would be a dramatic way to go though. Imagine it was a fucking peanut that killed me after everything I've endured? That'd be some bullshit." Joshua has a very severe allergy to peanuts. They're a bigger threat to him than the Conservative agenda. He chuckles and continues to play with Dae's hair very gently and carefully, knowing that his friend takes a lot of pride in it. "Thanks for coming by the way. It's nice to have someone who isn't my sister around." Without bringing too much attention to the Johnny situation, Joshua already says a lot without saying much at all. Johnny hasn't been around. He continues to swish his legs around in the water and looks down at Dae with a tilt of his head. "You're staying the night, right?"

Joshua smiles and runs his fingers through Dae's hair. His feelings for his best friend have increased over time and his mind has often lead him to sinful places. The pair would be perfect together and Joshua finds him insanely attractive. He certainly would have made a move already if things weren't so complicated. With the Johnny situation and his chaotic life, Joshua's problems always seem to snowball. Locking lips and ruining the best friendship he's ever had isn't something he wants to add to the fire. As much as he wants to grab Dae and have hot, passionate sex...he can't. Joshua's being a good boy. Platonic contact seems to be as far as it goes and Joshua is going to savour it. He continues to play with his friend's hair before letting his fingers gently trickle down his cheek. "How the hell is your skin so smooth, man? Fucking jealous," Joshua says with a soft laugh.

Edited by user 27 March 2019 08:05:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 25 November 2019 09:34:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua paces around the hotel room, moving as rapidly as his thoughts and words. Joshua's state of mind has been extremely fragile for a long time. Ever since leaving the wellness facility and moving back in with his family, he's been having more good days than bad. Today is not the case. Today is shrouded by dark clouds. Today Joshua contemplated doing something stupid. Something he hasn't considered in months. "I just don't see where he gets off on playing this victim role! Is he really THAT much of an asshole that he not only lies to me but to his fans? The entire world?!" Joshua spits, continuing his tirade against his ex. This morning, Johnny had sent Joshua an advanced copy of a song titled "Why Does It Have To Hurt?" along with the message "this one's about us, just thought u should know". In the song, it appears that Johnny is acting as if he's the one who was hurt by the breakdown of the relationship despite being the one who sabotaged it with adultery and deceit. Hearing this triggered Joshua and sent him back to that dark place. He relived it all today.

His good friend Dae is the only person, aside from his big sister Ashley, who he can REALLY open up to when it comes to his private life. Even though life has taken them in different directions in 2019 and they have hardly seen one another, they still flood each other's DMs. Dae is aware that Joshua has yet to publicly address the split. It's a combination of embarrassment over a failed relationship as well as how triggering it is for him. The lies and the mistrust cut deep for Joshua. He can barely process it in his own head never mind the whole world jumping on it. He may seem abrasive but Joshua is a sensitive soul. He's extremely passionate and feels things tenfold. "I don't know what to do. It's only a matter of time before this song is out and then the breakup becomes a thing and I don't want it to become a thing. I don't want a public war. I don't want...I-I don't want to deal with this, man." It's evident by the wavering in Joshua's voice that he's transitioning from angry to upset for like the fortieth time tonight.

He sighs and looks over at Dae, who is just taking it all in. Teary-eyed, he forces a sad little smile. "I'm sorry. This probably isn't how you want to spend your night".
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 25 November 2019 11:10:57(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"You're right, I wanna spend my night punching his face in." This was his first day back in America and Dae was not pleased with the recapping of events he had received tonight. This time last year he got news of his grandmother's diagnosis and took the first flight back home. It had been a drastic change from the life he was starting to accustom himself to. He was thankful for having to return as it brought him back in touch with his roots at a time where he didn't even realize he was losing touch. Finally getting the chance to reunite with his best friend, Dae couldn't believe all the troubles Joshua has had to face since he's been away. Joshua was one of the most gentle people he knew and Dae couldn't for the life of him understand why so many people chose to hate Joshua and make his life harder. It angered Dae. "What the hell is wrong with Johnny?!" He exclaimed. "You didn't do anything but try to love him and this is how repays you!" Dae couldnt control his tone right now so he just gave up talking. He hung his head, thinking back to all the times Joshua had to cry on his shoulder. "I-I wish I would've stepped up. You know, did something more. How could I let this happen..I'm so sorry, Joshua." He leaned over, putting one arm around Joshua and hugging him. "I should've been there way more than I have. But I'm here now."
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 25 November 2019 21:59:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua melts into Dae's hug and hangs his head in unison with his friend as he reflects over the last 365 days. "It's OK. You've got your own life, your own problems. I don't expect you to just drop everything for me. Believe me, you'd be doing it a lot. Shit always seems to hit the fan as soon as I do so much as breathe." One of the saddest things about Joshua is that not many people have a lot of time for him and he doesn't expect them to either, yet he has all the time in the world for everyone else. He'll gladly take on some of the most powerful people in the world but as soon as Joshua is in need, people tend to roll their eyes. That's what hurts the most about this breakup. Joshua believed Johnny was one of very few people who had his back. He had no idea what his so-called boyfriend was doing behind it. "The kicker is his lies. If he wasn't attracted to me anymore, that's fair enough. If he couldn't handle or understand me too, that's cool. I don't expect people to suffer in my company. It was all the lying that cut deep. Just the fact that he was the one person I was supposed to trust most...I let him so close...he knows so much about me...and...he was lying to my face the whole time. He knows me but do I really know him?" Joshua sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "That relationship was a bigger scam than Flat Tummy Tea. I've been shitting out lava for two weeks and the only thing I've lost is sleep," Joshua jokes with a little laugh. The situation is still a very raw wound for him but he has to inject some humour to keep him sane. Joshua spiralling into depressive episodes is not pretty.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 27 November 2019 06:16:41(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Usually, it was hard for Dae to listen to his friend's problems and give back effective advice. He was never the best at consoling people, he was a bit clueless when it came to dealing with other's feelings. One thing about Joshua that always struck Dae was his high capacity for consideration. Even at such a challenging time in his life, Joshua did his best to understand and forgive Dae's absence when he was clearly needed the most. It was a quality that charmed Dae because he himself was still learning how to consider others. It put a soft smile on his face. "No, Joshua," He grabbed his friend's hand, the sincerity peering through his eyes. "I mean it. I'm here to stay. You need someone by your side more than ever. If I hear about you in another facility, I'm breaking in and whipping out a sleeping bag. Fuck it. Partners in crime, right?" He reached down into his lap where he was previously rolling a blunt before the conversation got deep. While listening to Joshua further vent about Johnny, he finished rolling and sealed the damp leaf together with his lips. "You're not just anybody, Joshua. People don’t deserve to get to know you and if Johnny really did, he would've never treated you like this. Plus, you said you know nothing about him.. That's not true. He's showing you who he is right now. A little bitch nugget. How he's handling all of this shows his character in a way nothing else could. I know it's hard to accept you fell for someone with the emotional depth of an asswipe but it is what it is." Dae lit the blunt up with his favorite lighter and handed it directly to his buddy. "Here, take the first hit."
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 27 November 2019 07:14:16(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

When Dae reaffirms his friendship and solidarity, Joshua can't help but smile from ear to ear. While he never doubted Dae's friendship, the distance and time spent apart made it feel like they were never going to reconnect. It had been a LONG year. To finally be in the presence of the one person who "gets" him is heartwarming. Sure, there are a lot of people who are nice to Joshua and friendly with him, but they aren't on the same wavelength. "Partners in crime", he says with a gleeful smile, playfully nudging Dae. "Oh and if I do need to go back into a facility, I'm totally going back to the same one. The banana pancakes they served for breakfast were out of this world." Joshua giggles, already feeling in a much better mood. He sighs as Johnny's name comes out of Dae's mouth. It's such a frustrating situation for him. As he is such a considerate person, Joshua always opens himself up to different sides of the story. He's constantly in a battle of anger and sorrow. "Sometimes, I feel like I ruined things because I didn't take care of my mental health when I should have. I was a wreck. I was draining him. No wonder he wanted to escape. Then I snap out of it and realise that he's just a dick...or a bitch nugget as you wonderfully put it. I'm an awesome person. I just have baggage but who doesn't?". The baggage in question being Joshua's bipolar, something which Dae has always understood and accepted. Johnny often took Joshua's mood swings as a personal attack.

Joshua raises an eyebrow and his face lights up when the blunt is passed to him. "Thought you were never going to light that thing!" Joshua chuckles and takes it from Dae, taking a long overdue drag with great ease. He hasn't had access to weed for the best part of a year. "Oh yeah...now I remember why I love this stuff so much..." he says as he exhales with his eyes closed. For someone as intense as Joshua, this stuff is the sweetest nectar. Joshua hands the blunt back to Dae and rests his head on his friend's shoulder, sighing with relief and contentment. "Things are always better when you're around..." he says softly. It's more than just a compliment about a friend and their company, it really does ring true. Dae is more than just a buddy who makes him laugh and brings the fun. He makes Joshua feel safe to be himself.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 28 May 2020 12:53:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Dae followed the music as he went down the halls. Every step he made, he felt butterflies feel his stomach. He’s known Joshua for years and still gets butterflies on his way to see him. As Dae gets closer and closer, he can hear his man louder and louder. Such a beautiful voice coming from a remarkable person. He grabbed the door to the studio and walked in, music blaring as soon as he steps inside. Dae was invited to listen in on Joshua’s session but he was just happy to be able to work around the label’s busy schedule and make time for his one true love. He look around with the brightest smile on his face, waiting to be welcomed by Joshua.

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/05/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#14 Posted : 28 May 2020 13:44:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

The past few weeks for Joshua have seen him at the brightest he's been in a while. Although Joshua has always pushed through with working on his music and just managing to stay alive through all of the shit he's endured, it's like he's not doing it begrudgingly now. He's genuinely in a happier state of mind since kicking the drugs, putting out a much needed response video to clear the air and also making things official with Dae. Of course, he's never going to be completely over things like the tragic passing of his sister or the constant injustice within the world but, for Joshua Grimmie's standards, this is as bright as he can possibly be in these times and it shows. He's producing the best music he's ever made. While his debut was great, this one is next level. The sound is completely unique, the stories he's telling are raw and honest. It's basically the last two years of his bizarre life in music form. This isn't just another pop album. This is a story and a half. A moment.

"You're here?!" Joshua's face lights up from behind the microphone when he sees Dae enter the room. While he knew Dae was coming down, he still asks in disbelief. Joshua is still yet to adjust to random acts of love and kindness. Looking back at past relationships, he wasn't experiencing what he believed to be true love. In hindsight, it was all very one sided. I love you is more than just saying it as an automated response or in the heat of the moment while in the bedroom. It's action. It's attention to detail. It's raising each other up. It's what Joshua is still getting used to. In the past, he'd never have something like this - a studio visit to come see him and listen to his work.

"Hey gorgeous..." Joshua says with a bright smile before leaning in and giving Dae a kiss, placing a hand on the side of his face. He strokes his thumb along Dae's cheekbone and looks into his eyes. "Well this session certainly perked up!"
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#15 Posted : 28 May 2020 16:10:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

”There he is!” Dae says, pulling Joshua in for a tight hug during their kiss. He likes to grab the back of Joshua’a throat when they embrace just because Dae knows Joshua likes to feel secure emotionally and physically. After the kiss he squeezes the back of Joshua’s neck. “Gotta have a firm grip on you at all times.” He jokes, seductively. Now that they were officially more than friends, Dae was suggestive every chance he got.

He backed away from Joshua, clearing his throat and playfully posing like a Roman statue. “I am here to be your muse.” He says in a soft feminine voice before letting out a big laugh. “Get back in there and kill it, okay superstar? Got a surprise for you after.”

Offline BrownSugar  
#16 Posted : 28 May 2020 16:38:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Dae always gave Joshua butterflies. Even in the early stages of their friendship, something just clicked. He adored getting to spend time with him. Having Dae come over was like Christmas for Joshua. Now he gets to experience that every day with added benefits too. His stomach leaps during the kiss. "I swear I'll never get tired of that," Joshua says with a grin. He winks at Dae's suggestive comment and reluctantly steps back into the booth. He loves music but he loves Dae's kisses even more.

"I'm just redoing some vocals for Tragic Kingdom again," Joshua says as he puts his headphones back on. Tragic Kingdom is one of the oldest songs on the new project and one Dae has heard many times over. It's one that means a lot to Joshua. It's a satirical take on his very public breakdowns and how "hellish" it must be to live with him. He's being incredibly self aware with this new album. It has taken a lot for him to get to a place where he can not only talk about such things in his music but also somewhat poke fun at them too. "I look forward to that surprise..." Joshua says into the microphone before giving Dae another mischievous wink.

Joshua starts to take his vocals again, singing "Send in the clowns" several times over. It's only a four word sentence but that doesn't matter to Joshua. Every syllable has to sound right to him. With each take, he lets out a little grunt of disappointment as he hears it back and shakes his head before doing it again. It's clear that he's just not "getting it" today.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#17 Posted : 28 May 2020 16:54:30(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Dae sat back watching Joshua record. He understood exactly how Joshua felt behind the mic. He continued to be supportive, vibing and trying to keep the room light while Joshua does take after take. When he gets the chance to, he does his best to give Joshua sound advice. “Don’t overthink it, man. Just feel it.” He says ruffling his boyfriend’s hair and teasing him as soon as he steps out the booth for a break.”

Offline BrownSugar  
#18 Posted : 28 May 2020 17:02:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua goes for another take but his voice breaks halfway through and it just throws him off completely. He sighs and takes a step back from the mic with a facial expression Dae is all too familiar with. Joshua is getting pissed and mad at himself. Joshua likes to have an answer for everything and wants to "fix" everything so whenever he can't achieve something, it really gets under his skin. "Fuck..." he says with a sigh as he steps out of the booth. He cuddles into Dae after his hair is ruffled and speaks lowly while resting his head on Dae's shoulder. "You just want to hear what I actually accomplished today instead?"
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#19 Posted : 28 May 2020 17:52:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Dae wraps one arm around Joshua, kissing him on the forehead. “Why not?” He says, guiding himself and his partner over to the lounge chairs in the stupid behind the mixing board. The room has a nice dark purple glow to it and the couch was a bright red leather deal. The engineer automatically turns on a loop of the bounced sessions from the day and leaves the room while the two lovebirds listen. “Which one is this one?” he asks as the song builds up and the two get comfortable.

Offline BrownSugar  
#20 Posted : 28 May 2020 21:59:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"This is Tragic Kingdom...and it's probably gonna be the death of me," Joshua says with a little chuckle. He's been working on perfecting this one for months on end. The song is probably his "biggest" in sound to date. A lot of heavy live instrumentation that just keeps escalating. It's similar to Jane Child's "Don't Wanna Fall In Love" in vibe and build-up but a totally different animal. It has a very smooth R&B beat underlying it, with a drum beat not too dissimilar to Michael Jackson's early 80's work but the instrumentation showering over it is far more aggressive. Grumbling electric guitars and licks that evoke old Queen anthems and even verge on Punk-esque propel "Tragic Kingdom". It's one of those songs that need turned tf UP!

"I uh...changed a few things since the last demo I played you..." Joshua says rather coyly. A few things is an understatement. The song has far more "bite" to it now with how he's turned the guitars up in the mix and he's also added in a lot of background vocals to give it more depth, not to mention the huge electric guitar breakdown. "Played by yours truly," he says with a smirk as the guitar thrashes on the track.
UserPostedImage