logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Chimp Records  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:02:27(UTC)
Chimp Records

Groups: Registered

Chimp Records: I was obsessed with Gorillaz at one point.

My Bands: Dunno just came about
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Artists Signed To Chimp Records:

Moonwalkers
Raven
Meta
Lycant
Delirium
Eclipse
MC Donalds

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:06:55(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephaniewazhere- I don't know I was one of those high school kids that wrote "Stephanie waz here' in the locker rooms and public seating areas so that's where I got the Idea.

Stephanie Fierce- My alter ego in real life.

Silver Spoons- (this might sound stupid but I was eating and decided to name an artist Silver Spoons, I thought it was a creative name)

Edited by user 25 June 2009 11:16:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ++__++  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:12:58(UTC)
++__++

My name is Maximillion. Bam! Maxibillion came about.
Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:29:28(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
The Prisoners - Just thought this was a cool name for a punx rebelz band.
Mental Institution (dead) - Well, just read the characters' names and you'll get it.
Failed Abortions (dead) - I wanted a name envolving abortion. Also a good name for a Riot Grrrl band.
The Violent Pyromaniac Enemies - Just threw a bunch of adjectives together.
Revolução Armada - Off Sociedade Armada

And on the Bikstar game I had The Pinapples, because abacaxi (pineapple in portuguese) means problem, so it could also fit the punx rebelz theme.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Rincewind  
#5 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:31:40(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Rincewind.... was a name on a forum a long long time ago when i was reading terry pratchet, and when i first joined this game i was still using it... I think this is th eonly place im called this nowadays.

Hell Is For Heroes, were a damned fine band who released two amazing albums and are about to release a third....

no not very original am i?

Edited by user 25 June 2009 11:33:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Gildermershina  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2009 11:38:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Gildermershina: I don't really remember exactly, possibly from Civ III city-naming, but I do know that it's entirely made up out of my own head and doesn't mean anything. It was initially designed to be an email address that other people wouldn't remember and therefore wouldn't be able to add me on MSN. Since then it's become my go-to handle for just about everything. There were other variations, like Gilderchroma, and Automershina that very quickly vanished. People sometimes assume I'm a woman because the name ends in "a" and even includes the sound of "she" and generally people just stick with Gilder for short. Not Glider, not Guilder, but Gilder.

Mana Gunray Serpentine (M.G.S. Institute for Mammalian Aetiology and Post-Hypnosis Field Research): Deep breath... Mana Gunray Serpentine was made up on the old forums in the "post what you are listening to" thread, where I post made up songs with ridiculous titles. MGS became a band with long multi-part titles consisting of free word association, puns, language jokes and all round absurdity. Then, in an entirely unrelated and really too complicated to explain creative project I invented a concept for a fake self-help organisation peddling weird sound recordings that supposedly worked on conditioning the mind of the listener, which was called The Tank Lung, which later became even more complex when it became reduced to the dual-meaning three-letter abbreviation model TTL, or Terra Templum Lodge, which led to a whole bunch of other fake three-initial organisations (Black Sky Foundation, Owasa Paramagnetic Dynamics, Mount Katahdin Climatology, etc.) all organised under a single umbrella corporation. Realising I already had the Mana Gunray Serpentine name, I created Montsalvat Galenic Science, based at Chief Mountain, Montana.
UserPostedImage
Part of their mandate would be aetiology, ie. the study of causation in the field of biology. So Mana Gunray Serpentine is now duly named after this now-defunct organisation, for no reason other than to confuse and bore the fuck out of everybody.
Mana, that's some kind of magical energy, gunray, that's from the Star Wars prequel trilogy character Nute Gunray, serpentine, of or in the manner of serpent.

Lobedoctor MD: Mostly inspired by Doctor Octagon's weird sci-fi medical hip-hop. All kinds of slightly sinister medical procedures are the order of the day here.

Temple Lantern Caravel: A spin off from one of my bands on the previous version, The Amphibious Unity Choir & Eight-Hundred Salamanders Handclap Band. Instead of the thirty or so members that band had, this one is just the husband/wife core in a stripped down version. The name is just flowery romanticism stemming from the earlier band's song titles; endless variations on hippy fantasy imagery. A caravel is a type of wooden masted ship, this one apparently shipping lanterns. To a temple. Obviously.

Edited by user 25 June 2009 11:41:51(UTC)  | Reason: Type O

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 25 June 2009 12:01:52(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Bikki is my name, shortened it to bikz.

Moronic Changeling is an insult.
The idea is, the original three were at breakfast ....
Nick : Kaethe, ya spilt me cuppa, you - you moronic changeling!
Somerset : Hey, that's a brill band name!
.... and so it was.

Firecracker 47 - when we were naming my new kittens, my sister said we should call the girl Roxy Firecracker. She and Joshy are siblings, which means that Firecracker is the most common surname in the band (and a cool word), 47 is my lucky number. They came about on the same day as Blink 182, so I wanted to do the word/number thing.

Lunatica is Lunatic with an A on the end, because they're mad.

Divalish! - one of the phrases I used on another forum (and occasionally this one) is "sorted, end of, divalish". The band name stems from that.

K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E. is their initials, for some reason I thought it'd be cool to make a band called that.

Madbirds - mad + Birdie? I think that was it.

The Nightside Bikithan Cat Collective - xNightsidex + bikz + cat band + The Grand Society Collective (they were a collaboration group back in t'day, as was TNBCC).

Kataplexi - Raven, who was the lead in the band, has episodes of cataplexy. (Hence the Raven-stick. See TDB thread early on.) "Kataplexi" is just that spelt differently.

Shadow Of My Former Self was because I was having some sort of "epiphany" and went down to one band, so I was a shadow of my former eight-band self, get it?

Tom o' Bedlam is related to the song "Mad Tom Of Bedlam" (that's why their album was called "Mad Maudlin's Morbid Machete Mouthful"). Because every character in the band had spent some time in Bethlem Royal Hospital aka. Bedlam.

Bikki The Band is Bikki. And a band. Nowt more interesting than that.

Did I have any more bands? I can't remember. (My soloists are just their names.)

Edited by user 26 June 2009 00:09:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troymazing  
#8 Posted : 25 June 2009 12:32:09(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Troy (my name) + amazing = troymazing

As for Madison and Aurora... i just liked the names
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline Captain Insano  
#9 Posted : 25 June 2009 17:16:12(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Captain Insano...I have no idea

The Black Gates...just a pluralized form of The Black Gate of Mordor from LOTR
Dies Irae...a Latin description meaning something like 'Gods Wrath'...an appropriate name for a doom band
Sisyphean...I got that from the ancient Greek mythological character Sisyphus, a perfect name for an out there progressive instrumental band
Death Squad Alpha...no real source, other than it was going to be called Nazi Death Squad.
Psycopathologist...came from a Carcass track of the same name
The Graveyard Sluts...a Darkthrone album or song title, cant really recall.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Regan  
#10 Posted : 25 June 2009 17:29:42(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Casting Thin Shadows - Underoath song called Casting Such A Thin Shadow. That's about the only one I did.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Lepelbos  
#11 Posted : 25 June 2009 21:55:14(UTC)
Lepelbos

When you translate Lepelbos into English you get Spoonforest. Don't ask me, lol.
John Oldman -> Old Man -> Young Man -> Neil Young
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#12 Posted : 26 June 2009 04:39:56(UTC)
sharinganerror

Sharing-an-Error(not some cruddy naruto fan garbage)- sort of self explanatory name that was "thunk" up during one of my philosophical moments(which used to happen quite frequently during my childhood years).

Written Consent- it just made alot of sense due to the genre and belief system in which the band stood.

Bleeder- because it's kentucky fried awesome, and it also pertained to the idea of how an "actual" Christian would spiritually bleed out their past sins and regrets.
Offline Aj  
#13 Posted : 26 June 2009 04:56:56(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
Sharing-an-Error(not some cruddy naruto fan garbage)- sort of self explanatory name that was "thunk" up during one of my philosophical moments(which used to happen quite frequently during my childhood years).

Written Consent- it just made alot of sense due to the genre and belief system in which the band stood.

Bleeder- because it's kentucky fried awesome, and it also pertained to the idea of how an "actual" Christian would spiritually bleed out their past sins and regrets.

AJ: Because it's my middle & second name initials.
The Lost: It's a kind of punky sounding name and theres an Anti-Flag song with the line 'We are the lost' and i thought it sounded cool.
Broken Avenues: Sounded a kind of pop punk/emo name.
Ghost: Don't know, just thought it up.
Offline Taylr  
#14 Posted : 26 June 2009 05:01:57(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Dead Roses - I dont have a clue. :P Just a random pick.

Suicide - Yet another random pick. :P

Taylr (My username) - It's my name, just without a O.

Offline xNightsidex  
#15 Posted : 26 June 2009 06:44:00(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
xNightsidex originated from the Bulletfans forum (Bullet For My Valentine fansite LOLZZZ) I met Birdie on waaaay back in the day. "Nightside" is just a word I nicked out of a HIM song title from the album Dark Light - "In The Nightside Of Eden", when HIM were my favourite band. Then I just put a couple of the letter "x"'s around it because I thought it looked cool at the time, and that's also how it came to be on RSG V3. I then kept it V3.5 purely to avoid confusion and for ease.

My Freaky Valentine (2006 - 2008) was a play on the band My Bloody Valentine, who were one of my brother's favourite bands, and also something I used as a real-life band name back in 2005/2006. I just felt like continuing it onto here. The band website might still be about on the net actually, hahah, it's utterly awful, don't go looking please.

The Ambitious Ones (2006-2008) is a reference to a song by the band The Academy Is..., taken from the song "Classifieds". (Lyric: "The one ambitious one now holds the smoking gun.") I think they may have also used it for a tour name? I can't remember, it was back in their first album days...

Final Heaven (current) is reference to the RPG Final Fantasy VII, where the character Tifa Lockhart (incidentally, my favourite character) learned 'Final Heaven' as her final Limit Break move in battle. It's also the synonymous name of the main theme of FFVII the franchise, and the song Cloud plays on the piano somewhere very late into the game. I always really liked the name "Final Heaven".
Offline HellRaider  
#16 Posted : 26 June 2009 07:09:41(UTC)
HellRaider

Man

HellRaider and Jackhammer have been my online nicknames for years, although I mostly use Jackhammer now. I believe RSG was the last forum where I used HellRaider.

Transferium Project: A friend of mine told me about a project running at his school called the transferium project. I said "that's gonna ba my band name once!" I'm pretty close now but maybe I'll form a real-life TP once.

Sinner/Carnage: I played with the idea of introducing a death metal band and Sinner popped into my head. When I wanted to resurrect them Sinner didn't sound that good for a dm band and I struggled with finding a new name. I listened to a lot of Vomitory that time so I used a word they use a lot: carnage. I also use Vomitory in my head as of how Carnage should sound. With TP Í dan't do that, they're too unique.

Arschloch (who remembers them):Just the German word for asshole.

Sankarihauta: I realized there weren't any folk/viking/pagan metal bands here so I started one. Sankarihauta means Warrior Grave and is a song by Finnish pagan metal band Moonsorrow. Might expect a name change since I'm not too happy with it as of now.
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal

Offline warningsound  
#17 Posted : 26 June 2009 10:51:25(UTC)
warningsound

Rincewind wrote:
Rincewind.... was a name on a forum a long long time ago when i was reading terry pratchet, and when i first joined this game i was still using it... I think this is th eonly place im called this nowadays.

Hell Is For Heroes, were a damned fine band who released two amazing albums and are about to release a third....

no not very original am i?

My screen name came from Hell is for Heroes. Small world.
UserPostedImage
a higher state of consciousness is upon us...
Offline bikz  
#18 Posted : 26 June 2009 10:59:23(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
HellRaider wrote:

I remember them. One of the best band names on TRSG, during my time at least.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#19 Posted : 26 June 2009 11:18:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
bikz wrote:
HellRaider wrote:

I remember them. One of the best band names on TRSG, during my time at least.

I don't find the name so great. I actually don't it.
Offline Gorloche  
#20 Posted : 29 June 2009 12:29:20(UTC)
Gorloche

bikz wrote:
The Nightside Bikithan Cat Collective - xNightsidex + bikz + cat band + The Grand Society Collective (they were a collaboration group back in t'day, as was TNBCC).

Cool! I didn't know that I inspired you to name something.

Gorloche - I like to tell people that it is a portmanteau of two Gaelic words, one being the word for silly and another being the word for lake or a body of water. When taken as "silly body of water", it acts as a self-deprecating joke about people, as we are made primarily of water. So it becomes a witty wordplay thing. The real story is that in class, both before college and now, I would doodle random things to keep my mind busy while I was being bored to death, as most do or did. I drew the Grim Reaper with a backpack and called it Kryolotor, Teenage Death. I then wrote down the name Gorloche as a similar name to come up with something for, but I never got around to it. I use it for online stuff because it is distinctive, unique, and easy to remember for most people (the opposite of Gilder).

Enoch - They were originally called Azazel, which is a name for Satan in Judeo-Christian mysticism. Enoch is a figure who, according to Abrahamic myth, ascended bodily into heaven on a fiery chariot. Also, in the occult text The Book of Enoch, he describes the language of the angels, Enochian. I changed the name to Enoch because he's an interesting mythological figure (I'm not religious, but Abrahamic mysticism is terribly interesting to me). Originally, their first stuff was primarily based around mysticism until I branched out (one was a concept album about someone reaching Solomon's temple in their dreams and some stuff along with that, another had the album and track names all in Enochian, and the third was based around the tribes of Israel).

Sudan - I was in sort of a political mood at the time and was writing really terribly socially-conscious poetry inspired by the later-period work of Death. I wrote one thing called "Sudan" that I thought was alright, so I decided to make a new band that would be a metal band and have that name. If you know anything about Sudanese politics, you'd know why someone would write something scoially conscious about it and be able to get away with just calling it "Sudan".

The Theosophical Society - This goes along with the mysticism theme that I built up around Enoch. The Theosophical Society was a real mystic spiritual group of ritual magicians, occultists and mystics in the late 19th and early 20th century. The name is just so fantastic that I had to use it for a name once I decided to make a supergroup out of Sudan and Enoch. I highly recommend Wikiing the society, because it is all terribly interesting, especially if you have a passing interest in the history of occult groups. It's all pretty bogus, but really interesting. Releases from all three bands are referred to as releases by the Theosophical Society Collective because that is what they essentially are; a collective of bands recording and releasing music under different names dependent on who they are recording with at the time.

The Grand Society Collective - The name was a reference to the scope of the band (comprised of: the Theosophical Society, 10 members; Herr Fische, 8 members; Waterlelie, 6 or 7 members) and has obvious ties to the Theosophical Society name. It was meant to be similar for branding purposes but have Grand to signify both size and quality. Short version: It sounded similar but better.

Pharaohs - I was thinking about Sun Ra, a jazz saxophonist who also lead an orchestra (his Arkestra) and had his band dress like space pharaohs (he was from Saturn, you see), as well as Pharaoh Sanders, another famous jazz saxophonist. This made me think about a jazz band comprised of people dressing as pharaohs, with those bitchin' hats and white-and-gold robes and all to touch on these various references to Egypt in jazz and it struck me as totally sweet. Then I realized I had jazz-trained musicians in my fake, fake bands and decided to make it.

Tremors - I wanted to make a grindcore side-project band and this sounded the most grindcore without also sounding stupid.

Waters (defunct) - A reference to Roger Waters and what I imagine the aural texture of water to be, kind of spacious but bubbling almost. This reflected the major influences on the band as I saw it. I have not remade them in the new game nor do I plan to.

RJ2 (defunct) - When my friend gave me his two accounts, one was named Raptorjesus (which became Waters) and the other was named Raptorjesus2. I didn't like how the names sounded dumb, so i changed the first but couldn't think of another for the second band. So, I just shortened it to initials to tide me over until I got one. But I liked how RJ2 looked and it kind of reminded me of R2-D2, so I just left it as is.