logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2009 06:07:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
I have some great news, I was talking to my friend and he works in Phanotm City Studio and he told me I can record there for only 420 dollars per day and since I've written tons of songs in which I will be sharing with you guys, eventually. This is exciting, I will start taking vocal classes. I'm currently saving up so I can take a couple of days to record. Most of the songs that I have written are in Spanish but I have some in English.

Edited by user 27 June 2009 06:09:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2009 07:35:11(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Cool, I wish you luck and hope it sounds good.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
#3 Posted : 27 June 2009 07:42:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Cool, I wish you luck and hope it sounds good.

thanks, I got to save some money though, I'm tight with college.
Offline Gildermershina  
#4 Posted : 27 June 2009 07:52:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Okay, if I had any advice for you, seeing as I'm studying Audio Engineering, don't spend any money on this at all. For that amount of money, unless you're a professional singer or unless you have musicians to record music, a recording studio is not worth it. You can quite plausibly record vocals in your own home, if you have the know-how and the equipment. Not that I'm saying you should buy an expensive microphone because it's not exactly plug-and-sing. Point is, if you spend that much money, and you go on and just sing, all you'll come out with is a CD of files of you just singing.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#5 Posted : 27 June 2009 07:59:09(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Gildermershina wrote:
Okay, if I had any advice for you, seeing as I'm studying Audio Engineering, don't spend any money on this at all. For that amount of money, unless you're a professional singer or unless you have musicians to record music, a recording studio is not worth it. You can quite plausibly record vocals in your own home, if you have the know-how and the equipment. Not that I'm saying you should buy an expensive microphone because it's not exactly plug-and-sing. Point is, if you spend that much money, and you go on and just sing, all you'll come out with is a CD of files of you just singing.

I apreciate your advice, I was thinking about it before, but he onvinced me so much, but I guess your right, I just feel more comfortable in a proffesional studio working with a music producer. Gosh I have a lot to think about.
Offline Lepelbos  
#6 Posted : 27 June 2009 08:46:03(UTC)
Lepelbos

Also an advise, Steph. I dont know what you want to do with these recordings, maybe you want to make it in the music business, i dont know. But if you ask me, dont do it. Save your money. Try to find people to form a band, practice in live gigs, practice your voice, etc. Or when you want to be a good singer, just take lessons in only that. Well, its just an advice.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#7 Posted : 27 June 2009 09:12:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lepelbos wrote:
Also an advise, Steph. I dont know what you want to do with these recordings, maybe you want to make it in the music business, i dont know. But if you ask me, dont do it. Save your money. Try to find people to form a band, practice in live gigs, practice your voice, etc. Or when you want to be a good singer, just take lessons in only that. Well, its just an advice.

You know my friends always tell me I have a good voice and never believe them (I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up). I don't like bands, I like being solo. One reason I want to make this album (Sample) not just for business, I want to use it for auditions to some record labels. I believe I can make it big if I work hard. And this is the first step. Like Lady Gaga(think it was her), she once walked into a record label and said "I want to be signed" and she sung and and she was signed.
Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 27 June 2009 09:27:42(UTC)
asdf

Man

Not to be a grammer nazi, but "she sung" should be "she sang".

#9 Posted : 27 June 2009 09:46:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Not to be a grammer nazi, but "she sung" should be "she sang".

Not to be rude, but I really don't care.
Offline Lepelbos  
#10 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:15:21(UTC)
Lepelbos

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

You know my friends always tell me I have a good voice and never believe them (I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up). I don't like bands, I like being solo. One reason I want to make this album (Sample) not just for business, I want to use it for auditions to some record labels. I believe I can make it big if I work hard. And this is the first step. Like Lady Gaga(think it was her), she once walked into a record label and said "I want to be signed" and she sung and and she was signed.

Well, do what you want to do. Ill support you all the way and im always for people taking risks in their lives, but dont take to much hope for it. Record labels are not interested in good voices from amateurs (dont take this as negative please). That has nothing to do with you but mainly with the system how the music industry works. You have to know people to have a chance. But yeah if you think what Lady Ga Ga can i can do too, well thats very naive. I only can say go for it, but if you really want it you must stop with this game ofcourse.
NEW ALBUMS

#11 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:25:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Lepelbos wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Lepelbos wrote:

Well, do what you want to do. Ill support you all the way and im always for people taking risks in their lives, but dont take to much hope for it. Record labels are not interested in good voices from amateurs (dont take this as negative please). That has nothing to do with you but mainly with the system how the music industry works. You have to know people to have a chance. But yeah if you think what Lady Ga Ga can i can do too, well thats very naive. I only can say go for it, but if you really want it you must stop with this game ofcourse.

The funny thing is that many of you don't know me, I have this internet personality that Isn't me. In real life I'm not an amateur, I take things seriously and I have a lot of expirience with music, I just need that extra kick. I never get my hopes up to high for things, because I always been turned down. But I will always have faith and until I can't anymore I will keep fighting. If it doesn't happen for me it wasn't meant to be, but music isn;t the only thing I want to do so I'll be allright. Just know if I ever become famous I will let everyone know about this website.
Offline xNightsidex  
#12 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:26:38(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Do whatever feels comfortable. It could be easier to shell out the money and have all taken care of and just have the responsibility and focus of singing, as opposed to worrying about production and setting it all up yourself.

All the best.
Offline PANIC!  
#13 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:27:43(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the chances of you getting signed to a label are slim to none. Record labels and even more when it's pop artist they are extremely picky when it comes to choosing talent.
UserPostedImage
#14 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:28:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

xNightsidex wrote:
Do whatever feels comfortable. It could be easier to shell out the money and have all taken care of and just have the responsibility and focus of singing, as opposed to worrying about production and setting it all up yourself.

All the best.

Thank you so much, finally some real support.
Offline Lepelbos  
#15 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:30:46(UTC)
Lepelbos

Keep fighting for it then. Go for it. :)
NEW ALBUMS

#16 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:37:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

PANIC! wrote:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the chances of you getting signed to a label are slim to none. Record labels and even more when it's pop artist they are extremely picky when it comes to choosing talent.

Your not being rude your actually being nice I've heard worse Like: (oh please girl, they will look at you an laugh and tell you to get out..) Like they saying "dont knock it til you try it". I won't give up. And I know chances are slim but what if it happens.
And Pop? who said my music wold fit the genre pop. That's my internet personality, I think my songs would fit in to the acoustic, folk, rock genre.
Gosh, you guys really don't know me. Well is not your fault I have only showed my ego side in this forum.

Offline PANIC!  
#17 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:39:27(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

Your not being rude your actually being nice I've heard worse Like: (oh please girl, they will look at you an laugh and tell you to get out..) Like they saying "dont knock it til you try it". I won't give up. And I know chances are slim but what if it happens.
And Pop? who said my music wold fit the genre pop. That's my internet personality, I think my songs would fit in to the acoustic, folk, rock genre.
Gosh, you guys really don't know me. Well is not your fault I have only showed my ego side in this forum.

Well, nonetheless I wish you the best of luck. =]]
UserPostedImage
#18 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:40:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

PANIC! wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

Well, nonetheless I wish you the best of luck. =]]

thank you :)
Offline asdf  
#19 Posted : 27 June 2009 10:51:00(UTC)
asdf

Man

Two Words! "American Idol Tryouts!"...Oh wait.... :)

#20 Posted : 28 June 2009 04:08:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Two Words! "American Idol Tryouts!"...Oh wait.... :)

I so had the chance last year because they came to orlando, but I was to afraid. I need support, all I hear is you wont make it.