logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#21 Posted : 25 October 2020 03:56:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity: I love a song that reminds me of the early 2000's! But I also love the message of the song because it's never good to hold all of that anger inside and it seems you used this song as a good outlet which I'm always a fan of. Songwriting is one of the best ways to get through something sometimes, but I am glad that you were able to get out of that situation and shine brighter than ever <3

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 25/10/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#22 Posted : 28 October 2020 21:40:38(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: I love a song that reminds me of the early 2000's! But I also love the message of the song because it's never good to hold all of that anger inside and it seems you used this song as a good outlet which I'm always a fan of. Songwriting is one of the best ways to get through something sometimes, but I am glad that you were able to get out of that situation and shine brighter than ever <3

Magie Lena: Writting music is cathartic. For me it's getting deep on emotions and situations that I've experienced and making it something people would relate to. I'm so honored that you were able to feel that Serenity. Thanks for your comments.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#23 Posted : 28 October 2020 21:44:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

"Anger" Official Music Video

UserPostedImage

The video starts with a black screen and the following message:

*This is a real story – If you are facing any of the circumstances or situations showed by this video make sure to access www.CallForHelp.com or tell somebody of your trust. You are not alone!*

In a dark tones, Magie can be seen driving a Porsche in a highway so fast that from inside the car, all the lights are nothing but a glimpse of what’s outside the road. As she drives fast, a loud sound can be heard from the car’s engine. The camera closes on Magie’s face, she has her mouth half opened but her eyes wide open and a scary look on her face’s marks. It’s clear that she is terrified, so she keeps on pressing the car's accelerator. Suddenly a teardrop is seen rolling down her face, the scene zooms in inside her eyes as the effect of the camera takes over the scene, the first beats of the track starts to play.

The next scene Magie is watching the video footage of her marriage, she is drinking wine on the floor of her bedroom, she’s alone under deem lights and the room is messy. She isn’t crying but the sadness in her eyes is vividly perceived. The introduction of the track focusses on this scene. Before the first verse of the track, the camera zooms in the marriage footage on the TV.

In front of an aisle and a crowded beach, Magie looks uncomfortable, she wears a red dress with a white veil, on her neck there’s a necklace with a pendant in the shape of a three moon symbol which is used by wiccans in modern witchcraft. As she is slowly walking the aisle, she’s being carefully watched by all the attenders of the wedding party. At this moment She is lip-syncing the first lines of the track.

Quote:
I’ll be setting limits so that you cannot cross them
‘Cause all this time I’ve been understanding
I’d listened to your cries and I made them mine
I’d done everything for you to be fine

A quick shot of the attender’s face reveals that everyone is wearing a blindfold even though they are smiling at Magie, she looks disturbed by the scene as she approaches the altar to meet her husband. The man she’s marrying doesn’t have a face, instead he wears a happy face mask. As he takes off Magie’s veil, he looks at Magie’s Wiccan necklace and abruptly pulls it out of her. She is taken by surprise over his movement, but she hides her feelings behind a smile and finishes the last lines of the first verse from the track.
The scene cuts back to Magie’s bedroom, where she is now seeing a portrait of herself, her four years old child and her husband, both are wearing masks. Her husband wears white blank mask, without any expression, while her son wears a sad white mask. The camera zooms in the portrait taking us to another past situation.

The family is getting ready to take the picture and Magie is being guided by her husband on which position he wants her to be in the picture. She tries to be spontaneous, but her husband takes her hands and orders her to look static for the picture, once again she is taken by surprise over the violent act, but she smiles for the camera and the flash takes the perfect family portrait.At this moment Magie is singing the second verse of the track.
Once the picture was taken, Magie’s son runs towards a playground, her attention is called out by her husband, who’s angry at her attitude of contentment by letting her kid to run free through the park. She immediately runs to reach out her kid while her husband is left briefly alone where he is seeing with a different mask, this time with a malicious face expression, but the scene didn’t show when he had changed the mask. A beautiful young girl is close to him. Magie catches her husband intentions from far, but she doesn’t show off her feelings, once again she just smiles. She finishes the last lines of the second verse from the track.

Quote:
They say: “love is good”, I say: “Love was cruel”
Am I being clear? Can you hear my statement?
You aren’t allowed to forget this sentence
Nothing takes me back, ’cause I found my independence

During the chorus Magie is singing the song back at her bedroom. She’s looking at her phone, she looks impatient and she’s calling what it seems to be her husband number but he doesn’t answer the phone. She walks through the empty room as she gets closer to an empty baby crib. There is another picture inside the baby crib. It’s a picture of herself and her kid both wearing crying masks. She drops the picture and starts desperately to text her husband. The messages are the lines of the chorus from the song, but the husband, who seems to be nowhere but home, doesn’t even see the messages.

Quote:
All this anger that I have inside
Has made me move forward one more time
All the anger I kept inside my heart
Overflows from the edges of my mind
Look like ten thousand knives piercing my heart
All the anger I’ve been containing inside
Spills out of my guts and clears my mind

During the introduction for the third verse of the track, Magie is desperately inside her bedroom looking through her phone for a response of her husband, when she access her Instagram to see a video she made of what seems to be her wedding anniversary. The scene zooms in again into that memory.
Magie is in a fancy restaurant wearing a sexy red dress as she walks towards a table waiting for her husband to come. She stays there, sitting alone for the whole third verse of the song. Some strange things are happening around her.
First, everyone at the restaurant are blindfolded just like at her wedding day memory. Second, she didn’t order any food, yet food is being served at her table as if she was always hungry but instead, she doesn’t eat the food, she only drinks some wine and looks at her phone. At some point Magie tries to take a selfie when her husband appears. He is drunk.

Quote:
For every empty word I kept a meaningful silence
Gazes are more worth than a thousand words
Can you see the fire? Yes, I’m turning red
This is way too heavy for me to bear

Singing the fourth verse of the track, Magie is trying to hide her desolation from everyone at the restaurant as her husband walks towards her. He’s wearing a mask with an evil face expression. He pulls her by her arm out of the table and starts to maliciously simulate sex with her, while she tries to scape from his arms. Around her the people in the restaurant ignore all the abusive scene. When Magie manages to scape, she runs out of the restaurant and when she crosses the exit door she is transported immediately to the bedroom scene for the second and final chorus of the track.

Quote:
All this anger…

During the last chorus, Magie takes her key car and leaves the apartment she was in. She wants to go after her husband, she gets inside her car and starts to drive desperately to a manor up in a hill. When she gets in the place, she walks through the garden towards the entrance door. As she gets closer to the door, she sees a lot of pictures thrown away on the ground, pictures of past memories, in every picture Magie’s husband is wearing a different mask and she is blindfolded.

UserPostedImage

She finds the entrance door opened. She runs up the stairs and sees her husband’s real face, he’s naked on his bed with three other girls, the girls are wearing blindfolds. She disgustedly watches the scene and quickly closes the door locking it up from the outside. She then, moves towards a kid’s room in the corridor as her husband starts to kick the door she has just locked. She takes her son out of the baby crib, similar to the one she had in the apartment. Her four years old son is wearing a white happy mask, she takes it off and leaves the manor with him in her Porsche.
During the last melodies of the track, Magie is seen back at the very first scene of the video. The camera zooms out of her eyes as the teardrop falls down her face.

As the scene is wide opened, Magie’s son can be seen in the backseat of the car, he is sleeping. Magie hears some police car’s sirens getting louder which means that the cars are getting closer to her. She watches over the mirror and realizes that she’s being chased by five police cars. She now understands that she doesn’t have any choice but to keep running, so she presses the car’s accelerator and the video cuts to a black scene with the message below:

*Is it hard for you too?*

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 8 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 28/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 29/10/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/10/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 29/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/10/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 03/11/2020(UTC)
Online erich hess  
#24 Posted : 28 October 2020 22:58:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: I didn't like it. The video is super hard to watch. There is just so much tension. I needed a shower after watching this. So I guess magie achieved what she was going for.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#25 Posted : 28 October 2020 23:28:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: This was really good! I love that I was able to play this in my head like an actual video, you explained it well and made it easy enough to understand. Also, great use of symbols and the images too :) I know how hard/annoying sometimes writing music videos can be Laugh
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#26 Posted : 29 October 2020 05:24:25(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: Oh shit! Is it 2000 again? Am I 22 again? Nope, my back is telling me otherwise. Anger is one hell of a song with some powerful lyrics and the visuals are just as good to convey the message. Amazing work on this one.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 29/10/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#27 Posted : 29 October 2020 11:50:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Ooc: been trying to catch up with so many amazing RPs and this one was no different! First and foremost good to see you back in action! 2020 has brought back so many people! It’s a shame my work life is getting super busy again! Amazing RP! Really enjoyed it, the song and the creative music video! Love when music videos provide a visual extension to the song RP!

Daniel: Anger is one of those songs that you play over and over and you feel a different emotion each time! Truly a standout this year! I needed this! Shit The world needed this! Haha anyways can’t wait to hear more ☺️
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 29/10/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#28 Posted : 29 October 2020 20:25:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: I didn't like it. The video is super hard to watch. There is just so much tension. I needed a shower after watching this. So I guess magie achieved what she was going for.

Magie: It was definetely what I was going for miss Erica. I appretiate the fact that you were able to watch the video even though it made you feel uncomfortable. There are a lot of references from situations of my life in the past three years, they're all exagerated in some parts of the video, but the goal was to make people think and reflect about their own lives. One should pay attention to husbands, boyrfriends, girlfriends and wives, it's all about knowing the limit of relationships.

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This was really good! I love that I was able to play this in my head like an actual video, you explained it well and made it easy enough to understand. Also, great use of symbols and the images too :) I know how hard/annoying sometimes writing music videos can be Laugh

OOC: It's hard, you never knwo when you should write it as a narrative or as a script, I try to put elements of the two text genres in it. The wrost part for me is to create a visual aspect of a video with only words Anxious

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: been trying to catch up with so many amazing RPs and this one was no different! First and foremost good to see you back in action! 2020 has brought back so many people! It’s a shame my work life is getting super busy again! Amazing RP! Really enjoyed it, the song and the creative music video! Love when music videos provide a visual extension to the song RP!

Daniel: Anger is one of those songs that you play over and over and you feel a different emotion each time! Truly a standout this year! I needed this! Shit The world needed this! Haha anyways can’t wait to hear more ☺️

OOC: Thank you for reading it, your opinion is a great deal for me, I always admired the way you did your RPS around here, dunno if you notice, but my RPs are always inlfuenced by your creative persona Applause

Magie: Thank you mister "Monster in your bed". You know that I have always been a huge fan of your work and the veratile way you make music. Also having the privilage of working with you before had been one of the most incredible and unique situation in my life I'll never forget how creative a person can get in a studio like you did.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/10/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/10/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#29 Posted : 29 October 2020 20:27:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
RRH: Oh shit! Is it 2000 again? Am I 22 again? Nope, my back is telling me otherwise. Anger is one hell of a song with some powerful lyrics and the visuals are just as good to convey the message. Amazing work on this one.

Magie: Man, my back always reminds me I'm 40 too, but that's fine. Glad that for an instant you were back at your 20s. Thanks for the kind words about my music.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 03 November 2020 01:16:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Is it hard for you too?
Written By: Magie Lena and Lily Stuart
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anton Zaslavsky)
Genre: Electropop
Length: 3:12
Release date: November 3rd, 2020
Record Label: Independent

Background

Having released two songs of her upcoming third studio album this far, Magie Lena is paving her way thought the music scene with another track taken from the same project expected to be premiering in 2020. “Is it hard for you to?” works as another buzz single to increase people’s attention towards this new selection of music she has created over the past five years.

The track was written by miss Lena and her longtime former girlband mate Lilly Stuart, who’s been nowhere but writing music ever since the disband of the group. Production was again taken by mISTER_b.

The track starts off with ambient sounds and an oriental vocalization which leads to miss Lena’s layered vocals. If it wasn’t for the bass line and the electronic drums the track could be the perfect choice to practice Yoga. The oriental vibe, which is incorporated in a mix with synths, is the perfect combination to add into the track a melodic mood even more highlighted by the sad timber of Ms. Lena.

Structure is simple, here, there are two verses and two choruses which last 3 minutes and 12 seconds making it a fast tune. The mid-tempo beats contrast to the other two previous tracks released by Ms. Lena so far. She has clearly been showing us the versatility of this new body of work.

In her last single “Anger”, Lena sings about being mentally abuse in her past relationship and it seems that in “Is it hard for you too?” the theme remains the same. The difference for this track is that here she is being vulnerable, instead of analyzing what her love interest has done to her, she has taken the time to reflect on how she had behaved while she was being the victim of the situation. That can be seen by the first line of the track “I thought that I was stronger […] I thought that I was smarter than you”.

At the choruses, Ms. Lena sings about the outcome of the situation which has taken her into a rehabilitation moment of her inner traumas, she is trying to imagine how is it like for the person that’s been on the other side, “It’s hard to face the truth, Is it hard for you too?”. Compared to Anger, the A-Side single, this track takes us to a dark and vulnerable side of the situation, the side where we are all placed after a break-up.

“Dealing with failure is hard, you don’t wake up every morning to make mistakes, in fact all we want is to get it right, but it doesn’t depend on us 100 per cent of the time. In relationships we are always trying to fit into somebody else’s life and when we cannot fit in we realize that the truth is hard to face because from one part there was a try, but what about the other part? Is it hard for them too? I feel like sometimes it’s just overwhelming and all that we want to say do is crying and screaming, this song is my cry.”

Lyrics

Verse
I thought that I was stronger, I thought that I was braver, but no
I thought that I was wiser, I thought that I was smarter than you
But in the end, I was the one taken by a fool
Yes, In the end, I was the one who ended up being abused

Chorus
How could you be so cruel?
How could I be such a fool?
It’s hard to face the truth
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be indulgent?
Is it hard for you too?

Is it hard for you too?

Verse
Everything was-in-between, all the longing and the demanding
I was just a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer
And in the end, I never thought I’d be so weak
At the very end, I never thought you’d only watch me bleed

Chorus
How could I be easily fooled?
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be complacent?
Is it hard for you too?

Is it hard for you too?
Is it hard for you too?

Similar to

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 06/11/2020(UTC)
Online erich hess  
#31 Posted : 03 November 2020 03:10:44(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Mariko: I asked myself those same questions for years the answer I came to was: no. It is easy for them.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 03/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#32 Posted : 03 November 2020 06:36:53(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Den: 'It's hard to face the truth'... Thanks Mag for this art 🙏🏻. You spoke directly to my soul and the with yoga kind of aura around it at least it didn't hurt...

OOC: Original idea to put oriental sounding in a track like this! That's nice

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#33 Posted : 03 November 2020 14:21:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I’m so late with this but omg welcome back!!!! It’s honestly so good to see you back on the boards dropping these consistent, quality RPs. I’ve missed you! It’s so excited everything you’re doing with Magie thus far. Your lyrics are so compelling and tells a story. Really creative stuff. It doesn’t even seem like you’ve been gone all this time. Totally never forgot how to RP amazing stuff. Can’t wait for everything you have in store. Great work on Magie’s latest releases and awesome video!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#34 Posted : 04 November 2020 05:51:03(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: I asked myself those same questions for years the answer I came to was: no. It is easy for them.

Magie: I agree with you, nobody who truly cares can do the things they do.

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Den: 'It's hard to face the truth'... Thanks Mag for this art 🙏🏻. You spoke directly to my soul and the with yoga kind of aura around it at least it didn't hurt...

OOC: Original idea to put oriental sounding in a track like this! That's nice

Magie: I'm glad you managed to get free. I'll always be in your support Den, be sure about that.

OOC: Oriental rythms are a perfect match to reflect about life struggles.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I’m so late with this but omg welcome back!!!! It’s honestly so good to see you back on the boards dropping these consistent, quality RPs. I’ve missed you! It’s so excited everything you’re doing with Magie thus far. Your lyrics are so compelling and tells a story. Really creative stuff. It doesn’t even seem like you’ve been gone all this time. Totally never forgot how to RP amazing stuff. Can’t wait for everything you have in store. Great work on Magie’s latest releases and awesome video!!

OOC: Thank you. I missed being here interacting with people like you. Even though we have never seen each other in real life I do feel we share a bond through the stories we have created here.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline RadioVine  
#35 Posted : 06 November 2020 03:00:25(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Radio: I can so relate to this song because you ask these things all the time. I admire your strength during this song vocally and lyrically it’s my favorite! This is def a wine night song for me darling! Good job doll.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 06/11/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#36 Posted : 06 November 2020 04:33:18(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Tyler: Lena has been out here just working on music but this song I really like. This is really what girls should sing during heartbreak. Why is it the guy is always the problem and not the fact that things just don't work out? You thought being in a relationship would stop loneliness but it didn't.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#37 Posted : 06 November 2020 05:05:11(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
ooc: Absolutely love this! I did something similar with the whole oriental thing with Stephanie Fierce a few months back and I’m just in love with that sound 🙌🏼 You are absolutely crushing it with your RPs!!!! Never a miss!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#38 Posted : 06 November 2020 12:13:21(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
Radio: I can so relate to this song because you ask these things all the time. I admire your strength during this song vocally and lyrically it’s my favorite! This is def a wine night song for me darling! Good job doll.

Magie: Thank you miss Radio Vine, you're such a true inspiration for me, I have been watching you HBO doc and gotta tell you it's been a greateful journey for me to see you as a real human being.

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler: Lena has been out here just working on music but this song I really like. This is really what girls should sing during heartbreak. Why is it the guy is always the problem and not the fact that things just don't work out? You thought being in a relationship would stop loneliness but it didn't.

Magie: For the most part I have to admit that I was broken but the person who was with me took advantage of my vulnerability and that's the worst part, sometimes I wonder if it was hard for him just like it was for me to realize that we were failing.

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Absolutely love this! I did something similar with the whole oriental thing with Stephanie Fierce a few months back and I’m just in love with that sound 🙌🏼 You are absolutely crushing it with your RPs!!!! Never a miss!

OOC: Thank you. I saw that masterpieces you did for Stephanie last album. BTW I'm very excited for Daniel's new record love what you're doing with him.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#39 Posted : 07 November 2020 04:30:50(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Anger (Live Acoustic)

UserPostedImage

Accompanied by an acoustic guitar player, Magie Lena is seen in the video sitting in a stool behind a pedestal with a mic close to her mouth. She’s wearing a dark purple coat, her red hair is loose over her shoulders, her eyes wide open, sightly smiling to the camera, she’s bouncing side to side as the guitar riffs are performed introducing her latest single “Anger”.
She sings the first verse of the song by holding the mic with her hand, a glimpse of her red nails contrast with the nude make up she’s wearing. She’s 40 years old but it’s clearly just a mere number, she looks so much younger in this performance.
Her voice is deep but with her characteristic acute timber. At the start of her career back in 2000’s she used to have a baby voice style added to her soft tone, she loose that style over the years to incorporate the deep tone we can hear from her most recent songs. She seems confident with the new approach to her voice. Her natural Brazilian accent are highlighted due to the number of syllables of each word she’s singing.

Verse 1
I’ll be setting limits so that you cannot cross them
‘Cause all this time I’ve been understanding
I’d listened to your cries and I made them mine
I’d done everything for you to be fine

The second verse doesn’t change much, but there’s a real connection between Magie’s blue eyes and the lens of the camera, it feels like she’s singing for somebody in the other side of the screen, almost as if she was trying to hypnotize the audience somehow, even though she’s alone with the guitar player at the studio.

UserPostedImage

Verse 2
Now my glass is full of your misery
I feel like I absorbed your insanity
In my attempt of comprehending your flaws
I ended up being drained from of all hopes

As she starts the chorus of the song, she flips her hair back and grabs the mic, she’s ready to hit the higher notes of the lines to come. Pitch perfect, she manages to slightly change the notes to comfortably fits the environment around her. An intimacy provided by a tiny room with lights on the wall, a speaker on her right and the guitar player closer to her.
The mood of the track is to be fierce but for this interpretation Magie has chosen a slow sad approach. It feels that she’s trying to contain the “anger” inside the tiny room she’s in.

Chorus

It’s clear that there are more than one camera man filming the performance due to the changes of angles. The shots are closer and far away, little editing were made to the final cut of the video, so it does give the audience an idea of dancing over the acoustic riffs without leaving the seat, all that because of the movement the camera does capturing the gestures and movements of Magie and her band mate.
For the third and fourth verse Magie seems to have loose herself a little bit, not overthinking about her pitch or the vocal performance. As she let loose more thought the lines, we are taken to this journey with her. A journey of acceptance and connection with the song. Her vocal performance is not less than perfect.

Verse 3
For every empty word I kept a meaningful silence
Gazes are more worth than a thousand words
Can you see the fire? Yes, I’m turning red
This is way too heavy for me to bear

UserPostedImage

Verse 4
They say: “love is good”, I say: “Love was cruel”
Am I being clear? Can you hear my statement?
You aren’t allowed to forget this sentence
Nothing takes me back, ’cause I found my independence

At the last chorus, Magie give us a full smile as the camera gets closer to her eyes.

UserPostedImage

Chorus
All this anger…

As the video ends, a wide shot shows the entire scenario, it’s a studio. There are instruments everywhere and Magie looks at her band mate beside her. He’s playing the final riffs of the track. When both are done, the scene blurs and the video ends with a glimpse of Magie laughing, she clearly has had a good time while performing the track.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 07/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 07/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#40 Posted : 07 November 2020 04:47:39(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Den: Beautiful my friend, looking and sounding flawless. This version made me a little emotional...

Rose (The Jollies): I have just discovered this song through this performance, as I'm, like, still trying to discover all the new songs released when we were on the reality and... I mean, wow! Magie is so gorgeous and talented. This song is so beautiful. This version especially! I love acoustic, emotional versions.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 07/11/2020(UTC)