logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#41 Posted : 25 November 2020 12:29:01(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Is it hard for you too? (Official Music Video)

UserPostedImage

The elevator’s door opens up revealing four generations of Magie Lena, a little girl of ten, a young adult in her 20s, a woman in her 30s and Magie herself in her 40s, each character dresses according to her age, the 20, 30 and 40 years old have Magie's face, which clearly means that Magie has characterized herself in her younger versions while the little girl with red hair is obviously a child actress.
They come walking through the corridor in line approaching the door of a psychologist’s office. As they enter the room they all sit down in a comfortable armchair, the scene was made with the additional of some computer generated effects, as they all sit down they sort of blend themselves into the main version of Magie at her 40s. The psychologist can’t be seen but its implied that he or she is sitting in front of Magie. The song drops its first melodies and the first verse is sung by Magie while the camera rotates around her revealing that the psychologist in front of Magie is the ten years old version of herself.
The ten years old Magie sings the two last lines of the first verses, she is wearing a black dress and she holds in her hands a portrait of Magie’s family, the scene closes up in the portrait revealing Magie, her sister Abie, their mother and father apparently happy, as the first verse ends, the girl takes the picture inside the portrait and and rips the photo separating the father from the family.

I thought that I was stronger, I thought that I was braver, but no
I thought that I was wiser, I thought that I was smarter than you
But in the end, I was the one taken by a fool
Yes, In the end, I was the one who ended up being abused

The camera rotates once again showing the nowadays Magie Lena singing the lines of it. As Magie sings each sentence she tilts her head in sympathy with the sadness of the ten-year-old girl. Magie's interpretation indicates the loss of her father but as if she had not experienced the situation separating her from her younger version.
In the final lines of the chorus she sings the line “Is it hard for you too?” tilting her head once again but with an inquiry expression indicating that the person on the psychologist position has changed to somebody else.

How could you be so cruel?
How could I be such a fool?
It’s hard to face the truth
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be indulgent?
Is it hard for you too?

During the break melodic moment from the chorus to the second verse, the camera rotates once again revealing the 20-year-old version of Magie. This young adult version of her is quite spontaneous, she seems to be uncomfortable as the psychologist trying to find a comfortable position but yet she can’t find it, so she decides to take a magazine in the table in front of her, the magazines shows off the launch of ElectroDeath first album.
As the second verse starts, this young adult version of Magie flips through the pages of the magazine when eventually the camera shows off the news about ElectroDeath split, when she reaches that particular page, she drops the magazine on the ground holding her emotions towards the news that she has read. There’s a bottle of vodka beside the chair as this young version of Magie takes the bottle and starts compulsively drinking interchanging the zips on the bottle with a quite frenetic interpretation of the song second verse.
In the final lines of the second verse, the camera rotates back to Magie at her 40s, she’s is with a reflective look on her face as she seems to judge the compulsive habits of her younger self. She abruptly takes the bottle off her 20-years-old version and throws it away, the bottle ends up breaking in the wall at the corner of the office.

Everything was-in-between, all the longing and the demanding
I was just a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer
And in the end, I never thought I’d be so weak
At the very end, I never thought you’d only watch me bleed

Another chorus starts and this time the camera reveals the 30-years-old version of Magie as the psychologist. This version of herself is playing with her wedding ring, she is indecisive about taking the ring off or keeping it in her finger. She looks straight at the camera at some point with her face expressing anger, she takes the ring off and throws it away closer to the cracks of the bottle that had been thrown away before.
The 40-year-old Magie stands up and takes the ring back but instead of putting it in her finger she puts in her pocket, she even cherishes her pocket after having put the ring in it. This older version of Magie comes back to sit but now as the psychologist and not the patience.

How could you be so cruel?
How could I be easily fooled?
Is it hard for you too?
How could you be imprudent?
How could I be complacent?
Is it hard for you too?

The song is coming to its final melodies and lines as the 40-years-old Magie comfortable sits in the psycologist armchair, the camera rotates once again revealing all of Magie’s younger version arguing with each other about who’s turn to sit down as the patience. While they seem to not reach an agreement, they decide to leave the room leaving the real Magie Lena alone. The song ends with an unexpected silence.

Is it hard for you too?
Is it hard for you too?

Magie is looking straight to what it seems to be a new patience, someone who has just sit the armchair that Magie had been at the beginning of the video. The camera rotates one last time revealing a very old lady smiling at Magie with a contemplating look on her face, this last one being obviously the older version of Magie.

Edited by user 25 November 2020 12:29:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 25/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 25/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 27/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 27/11/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#42 Posted : 25 November 2020 23:22:31(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erich: in multiverse theory, there is a world where I've known magie and electrodeath for a long long time. Tapping into that realm,I have to say this is some of the best work I've ever seen from magie. She and radio are locked in a video death match of sorts.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 25/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#43 Posted : 26 November 2020 17:13:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Oh my goodness. I love the progression of this music video. True art. Really brought me back reading about ElectroDeath. Wow, that really struck a chord to the good ole days. Really enjoyed reading this. Loving what you’re doing with Magie!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#44 Posted : 27 November 2020 09:24:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: in multiverse theory, there is a world where I've known magie and electrodeath for a long long time. Tapping into that realm,I have to say this is some of the best work I've ever seen from magie. She and radio are locked in a video death match of sorts.

Magie: In a multiverse theory I'd probably be a member of Atomic War Bride, that would have been a crazy wild journey but yet inspiring and life fulfilling. Bts in a match between me and Radio, I think Radio would win. Thanks for the comments my friend it's always a huge thing for me coming from you.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Oh my goodness. I love the progression of this music video. True art. Really brought me back reading about ElectroDeath. Wow, that really struck a chord to the good ole days. Really enjoyed reading this. Loving what you’re doing with Magie!

OOC: I was inspired by those old times, how I miss 2011, I cannot believe it's been tem years already. Geez. Thank you :)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline GirlSpice  
#45 Posted : 27 November 2020 23:20:22(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: As I mentioned on Twitter with this video - nostalgia!! The throwback to her ElectroDeath days is so cool and adds a lot of depth to this video, the fact it's been ten years is so crazy O_O but she's still going strong on her own! Beautiful video concept. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/11/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#46 Posted : 02 December 2020 00:07:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: Love the progression of Magie over the years with this music video. Such a clever idea! I really enjoyed watching the music video and I feel like it fit the song really well :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#47 Posted : 10 December 2020 02:28:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: As I mentioned on Twitter with this video - nostalgia!! The throwback to her ElectroDeath days is so cool and adds a lot of depth to this video, the fact it's been ten years is so crazy O_O but she's still going strong on her own! Beautiful video concept. :)

OOC: Thank you, I feel like 2020 has been the most nostalgic year for me and for all of us, being able to come here and to touch on our own thoughts for ten years ago are really inspiring, I was 20 when I first came to this forum, I'm 30 now. GOSH I feel old, but happy :)

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: Love the progression of Magie over the years with this music video. Such a clever idea! I really enjoyed watching the music video and I feel like it fit the song really well :)

Magie: Thank you Daniel, I was listening to a track we've made 10 years ago, I don't know if you remember it, but we've worked together, we were just kids, and look, here we are still... Dancing
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown