logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#21 Posted : 30 October 2020 02:48:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist name: Isabel
Genre: House
Track length: 3:35
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Cedric Gervais

For the extended version of the All Eyes On Me album, Isabel added two bonus tracks, both different versions of tracks heard before. Control was first heard in it's remix version with Cedric Gervais. It is a house inspired track with a less dreamy effect to it. She recorded the track in 2013 while visiting in Milan. The melancholy tune mixes seductive yet sad lyrics about finding yourself by losing control, and allowing things to happen instead of trying to control every aspect in your life. She shows little depth in her voice as she almost sounds monotone but her airy and crisp vocals shine throughout, even without much variation. In the bridge of the song, Isabel sings in a light falsetto which then comes back down to her normal voice in the chorus.

Lyrically, she focuses on letting go, possibly in her personal life but also in relationships. "There's a mellow feel to it, where you're not worried and you just let the beat take over, you just let the music do the work instead of worrying about everything. That's what the song represents to me. I'm letting things flow more naturally and it's allowing me to become better and have more fun than before. I love both versions but this one just feels more personal and I know my fans will love it. I adore this song so much." The track was produced by Sunny Monroe and also written by her along with Isabel.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
It never felt this way before, finally see all the things ignored
I don't feel so shy tonight, infinitely running through time

Arise, my heart, I'm standing in the dark
But I feel all eyes are on me to start
You never know, to go, unless you push yourself
Far above your expected reach

Make me only yours to hold
A vision in the air
Don't you ever let me go
I'll never know happiness

[Chorus]
We grow apart just so we can grow together
Your words are hard but you're lighter than a feather
I lose all of control

I'm losing all control, I'm losing all control
I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh

[Verse 2]
I love the way you say my name
Nobody else can make me feel that way
Spending all your money on a drama queen
It's so right to be thinking of me

Arise, my heart, I'm standing in the dark
But I feel all eyes are on me to start
You never know, to go, unless you push yourself
Far above your expected reach

Make me only yours to hold
A vision in the air
Don't you ever let me go
I'll never know happiness

[Chorus]
Your words are hard but you're lighter than a feather
I lose all of control, oh, oh

I-I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh
I'm losing all control
I-I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh
I'm losing all control, oh, oh

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 11 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/10/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 30/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 30/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/11/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 30 October 2020 03:43:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: October 3rd, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2014
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:42
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Lilly Stuart
Producer(s): A.R. Rahman, Gia Rose-Hilton

Catch Up! appears as the second track on the album, featuring a change from her usual genres and having a more Bollywood influence to it. The song was written by Isabel and Lilly Stuart and produced by Gia Rose-Hilton and A.R. Rahman, who wanted to preserve the more Bollywood side of the song without stripping away the Pop elements. The song's lyrical content focuses on Isabel wanting to thrive without being caught up or held back, encouraging others to 'Catch Up' to her and not get left behind. Perhaps the most musically diverse on the album, the track has received generally positive reviews from critics who note her experimentation with a new song and turning into her own. She recorded the song as one of the last tracks for the album, in New York City, and there are rumors of it being the 3rd single from the album but she has yet to confirm or deny it.

It starts off with handclaps that are also joined in with Dholak to complete the beat. It has an effervescent, joyful atmosphere throughout the song which makes it full of life and fun to listen to. The high energy bollywood beat needs nothing more to add except Isabel's vocals, which are raspy and breathy, giving it a sultry sound as well. This changes in the chorus, however, when her voice becomes more alive, so to speak, and her beautiful range is heard as she proudly declares herself ahead of the 'race.' During the hook, the beat becomes more modernized mixing with synthesizers and giving it an electropop feel which is then drowned out by the Dholak. To further intrigued listeners, before the bridge, Isabel starts vocalizing in the traditional Indian way which makes her sound even more majestic as she belts it out. All the time, her echo being heard as she sings the choruses and it almost sounds like a chanting. She's joined in the outro with background voices as they all shout, 'Higher! Higher!' and give the track a proper ending.

UserPostedImage

Catch up!
Catch up!

[Verse 1]
Always, being, underestimated
You think you've got me figured out
But not until I say
(Catch up! Catch up!)
You've been waiting for me to run away
Rolled the dice and took a chance
I don't wanna play it safe
(Catch up!)
Cus when I hit you, I'll hit you where you won't see it
(Catch up!)
You don't believe me, believe me I'm never ending

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
I'm through with staying in my own lane
(Catch up!)
I'll never win if I don't play the game
The feeling's ecstasy, catch up! Up, up, up, up
(Catch up!)
And I don't wanna leave you behind
(Catch up!)
But I'm afraid I'm running out of time
I want you next to me, catch up!

[Hook]
Stop me, stop me, stop me, stop me
Don't you stop me, just go faster
I know you've been searching
You've been searching, for some answers
Hold on to my aura, to my aura
Don't let me go
If you hold me back, hold me back
I'll let you go

(Catch up!)

[Verse 2]
So now it's time. For me to leave my mark
You'll feel it here and anywhere
But first climb out the dark
(Catch up! Catch up!)
Come with, me now before I get too far
It's too late for turning back
When the world is almost ours
(Catch up!)
They think I'm crazy, I'm crazy, They think I'm crazy
(Catch up!)
But when they're smiling on top, they'll try to thank me

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
The feeling's ecstacy, catch up! Up, up, up, up
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)

[Hook]
Stop me, stop me, stop me, stop me
Don't you stop me, just go faster
I know you've been searching
You've been searching, for some answers
Hold on to my aura, to my aura
Don't let me go
If you hold me back, hold me back
I'll let you go
(Catch up!)

[Bridge]
Can't stand by, Impatient
Gonna need a, replacement

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
The feeling's ecstacy, catch up! Up, up, up, up
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)

[Outro]
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up! Catch up!)

Sound Like:
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/10/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 30/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 30/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/11/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#23 Posted : 30 October 2020 03:49:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: April 13th, 2015
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2014
Genre: Dance-pop, Electropop
Length: 3:37
Producer(s): The Outsyders, Gia Rose-Hilton

The second collaboration from the hit album, Muse features vocals from the young singer, Eilidh Greene. She is best known for her stints on Celebrity Big Brother as well as hosting the Chaos Awards. She was also featured on a previous single before with Kourtney Steele. It has dubstep influences. The track is also described as a "breathy and sultry" song, which contains an orchestral-dubstep beat. The song contains "brief but potent" flourishes of strings, dark synths with gloomy, trip hop beats along with low, burbling bass. According to Gia, "Izzy's soft voice takes center stage over sexy synth-beats, icy choruses and wallowing melodies while Eilidh compliments the track with her high notes and low, sultry vocals as well to match those of Izzy's." This collaboration came to be after Isabel expressed interest in working with the young star. "I had heard Eilidh on my good friend, Kourtney's track. And I thought her voice was phenomenal, one of the best I've ever heard. So I had to work with her. She's like the sweetest girl ever, I love her so much. She just was very happy to be in the studio and she was interested in everything that was going on, she caught on very fast and we made something so incredible together. I thought, when I first heard the track, it sounded like it could use something or someone extra. And adding her in was amazing. Now I love it better than when it was just me singing it because I feel like her voice is so powerful and adds in another element of the song that I wouldn't have reached on my own. I loved working with her and I wouldn't mind working with her again."

Lyrically, the song is a metaphor on referencing herself as a piece of art in which the guy is the artist. She calls herself his 'muse' for his creations and says things like 'Picasso would be jealous, of this masterpiece' and uses another metaphor of molding clay. Critics praised the track calling it a 'lyrical sensation in one of the most subtle ways.' Rebecca from PopDust says "The metaphor's usage in this song is something that most pop singers wouldn't even think of. She's not only showing her creativity through the music but the lyrics as well. She's showing she's not just the little girl that sings about partying and young love all the time. She's putting herself in a different league than her peers and it's why she will always be one step ahead and have on foot in the door of an iconic music career. She also shows her smart producing side as adding in Eilidh Greene's refreshing and almost hidden vocals to the music world, in a track where she knows will gain a lot of exposure and possibly throw her center stage with other singers. Underestimating Isabel after this album would just be ignorant and foolish."

UserPostedImage

Eilidh Greene
Together

[Verse 1]
Take out a new page
So clean and so blank
Mix all the colors and schemes
And then we can create
All your art, they will display
Something so genius inside has come awake

[Chorus]
You can keep your eyes shut
And let your hands move
You know what to do (Ooh)
Just paint me with your brush
Fill me in with your guidance
I could be your muse, a ruse, you'll use
Constantly

[Verse 2]
Picasso would be jealous, of this masterpiece
Wherever we go we make love, we make art and it's so heavenly (Ooh)
And no outline can take your place (take your place)
In between all these sheets is something so real (Ooh baby)

[Chorus]
And let your hands move
Constantly, ly, ly

[Bridge]
And when you start to get stuck, think of me
Mold me like I'm clay, inhale then inside me breathe
It feels like everything around us is but a dream
How you can capture all that I seem, so effortlessly

[Chorus]
And let your hands move
Constantly, ly, ly

You can keep your eyes...
You can keep, you can keep, you can keep, y-y-you can keep your eyes shut

Constantly

Muse...

Sound Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/10/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 30/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 30/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/11/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 30 October 2020 03:58:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: August 31st, 2020
Format: Digital Download, Vinyl
Recorded: 2019
Genre: Electropop, Dance
Length: 3:34
Producer(s): The Outsyders

“Eat You Up” is a Dance song recorded by pop singer Isabel for her compilation album, Portrait (2020). It was written by Sunny Monroe and Isabel Merjos with production from The Outsyders. The song is the first song released from the singer in over 5 years after going on a hiatus from music and the entertainment industry altogether. The lyrics talk about Izzy warning the listener that she is just intoxicating enough that her feelings can ‘consume’ others and at the same time she doesn’t feel regret for someone who becomes consumed with her. She uses the term ‘Eat You Up’ as a way to also describe the feeling the other person will get once they become enamored with her but she doesn’t return that she hopes it eats them up inside.

Serving as the lead single of her compilation album, the track is one that manages to capture some of Izzy’s past hits and make small, but noticeable references to them in the lyrics. The one thing listeners will notice is the production of the song. It is mainly electro pop but has some Latin influence included, which is prominent in the chorus. The intense beat mixed with Izzy’s inviting vocals makes for an excellent combo. Izzy describes the song as one that is playful and can be interpreted in different ways. If you wanted to go the romantic route, the song could be about Izzy’s past lovers and how she is saying it is difficult for them forget her, “Mmm, you know it’s not easy/To cast me away so freely” meaning it is not simple to just throw away what they had as if it was nothing. The rest of the verse is her pretty much declaring that her love is one that makes you feel on top of the world and incomparable with everyone else. She has the capability of “making you one of a kind” meaning making the person feel like they were the only one. She continues on to say that she loves how it makes the past lover feel uncomfortable and restless, thinking about her constantly and yearning over her. In the chorus, Izzy talks about how they have been watching her every move, unable to go a night without her. In the next line, she references her single, “Muse” in which she sings about being someone's inspiration but in this setting she claims to me more than a muse and more like an ‘obsession’ stating that she has consumed their thoughts to the point they will come undone.

The hook, which is so incredibly catchy, is a warning. She acknowledges the fact that they cannot get enough of each other and proceeds to warn them that they should run from her before she “eats them up” meaning before she, in a nice way, devours their thoughts and emotions. Now, so far from the beginning of the song, Izzy’s tone has been normal, with her light and airy vocals coming front and center during the verses, and then during the hook, she switches it up a bit by going from singing to talking in her husky voice for the “luck” part where she almost in a monotone like voice speaks the word before jumping back into the next line of singing again in her light and airy tone. The second verse is self-explanatory with the same theme as the first but using more examples of how alluring she can be. In the bridge, she references another single of hers, “Sleep At Night” which mainly talks about a breakup and how she hopes they are able to both move on and sleep better at night. In this song, Izzy says she will be able to sleep at night while they toss and turn.

Now, the second interpretation could be Izzy is poking fun at her “anti” fans. While we know not everyone may like Izzy, there are always people who will still know what she is doing and other personal facts from her life. Izzy is even aware of that and the lyrics could be a tongue in cheek response. Basically, same meaning but in a non romantic way.
Izzy debuted the song at the 7th annual Fan Choice Awards after closing the show with a medley of her hits and took to her Instagram to announce she would be releasing a greatest hits album in October, presumably on the day in which it will mark her 12th year in the entertainment industry. She also stated the album would not just include her hits but some fan favorites as well, including this new single. A music video is also set to be released to accompany the single.

The single is available for purchase and streaming on all major music apps.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
Mmm, you know it’s not easy (no)
To cast me away so freely
Leaving you feeling so incredible, on your new pedestal
They say that I’ve got a way of making you one of a kind

Love it when you look uncomfortable (uncomfortable)
Drives you crazy you can’t tame me like you thought (like you thought)
Every time you get a little taste
It leaves you in that place
Before you know you’re past the point of no return

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night
Slowly you’re falling, don’t know what to do
More than a muse, your thoughts I’ve consumed
I can’t promise you won't come undone (oh)
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you up
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

[Verse 2]
You’ll have to excuse me (yeah)
Cause I ran all out of empathy
No matter how much we both give and take, its written on your face
You say that you are so done but we both know that’s a lie

Always sitting on the tip of your tongue (of your tongue)
Try to compare but you know that there is none (there ain't none)
And I know you hope I’ll fade away
So you don’t take the blame
But my scent is all that you’ve ever known

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you up
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

[Bridge]
I’ll send you deep into the end
Spiraling so close to the edge
I’ll sleep so good at night as you toss and turn
It’s a lesson learned

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes (I see your eyes)
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night (ni-i-ight)
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you (up)
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 30/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 30/10/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/10/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 30/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/11/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#25 Posted : 30 October 2020 06:40:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Released: October 30th, 2020
Format: Digital Download, Vinyl
Recorded: 2020
Genre: Electro-pop, Dance-pop, EDM
Length: 3:34
Producer(s): Isabel Merjos

Portrait is the second single released from Izzy’s compilation album with the same name. It was written by Isabel and Sunny Monroe and produced by Izzy marking the first and only song on the album that she solely produced. It is also the first time she has self-produced her own single alone. Izzy announced the song on the same day as she made the album available for pre-order on Spotify. The song is supposed to be a representation of the album as it serves to sum up the meaning behind the title of the album.

The track itself can be described as an acoustic midtempo pop song with country influences. It's also described as an edm ballad and dance pop anthem type song. It opens with guitar strings and fades into the background as Izzy's vocals decorate the track. The song has a signature Izzy sound in that she's definitely in her comfort zone using her restrained and warm vocals. Lyrically the song uses the metaphor of creating a portrait and references it to her career. In the first line she talks about believing she had already reached her peak and would often look at her old works in order to feel recharged. The third and fourth line speaks about her hearing criticism to the point she almost nearly believed it herself but was able to remember what she was fully capable of.

The chorus continues the metaphor as she sings "Traced all the outlines, colors bled the outside" referring to her music and the way she went about it. She originally tried to stick to the "outline" of her music but she started going outside. The next few lines she talks about how she drew inspiration from everything around her and she would do it all again if she had to, she regrets nothing that helped build her up to where she is now and accepts all of the good with the bad. In the second verse, she sings about how she believes she "drew her heart where her brain went" because she was more emotional instead of using logic when making decisions but after studying other people's "creations" or careers and music, she realized that she still wasn't as emotional to the point where you could guess what she was thinking since she didn't wear her heart on her sleeve like most others.

Now the bridge she ties it together beautifully, hoping that even when she was done with music or even gone from existing, her songs will remain and listeners will be able to piece together who she was. She admits that she saved the "drafts" or imperfect moments she didn't like but she also admits and is thankful that she has had more joyous moments than sad. Overall, Izzy wants her music to serve as a Portrait of her without her having to explain herself or sharing everything outright. She hopes that over her career she has finally completed a good enough "Portrait" for everyone to see and encourages others to think about what they want others to see as their own portrait.

The single will be available for purchase on October 30th, 2020 on all major streaming platforms.

UserPostedImage

Recently I’ve feared that my best years were already behind me
Pulling out past sketchbooks just to confide in when I wanted to
Limits always tested and credibility called into question
When you hear it for so long then you forget what you can truly do

So even when I’m long gone
And all you have of me are songs
I hope you saw the picture drawn

Traced all the outlines, colors bled the outside
Took every moment as inspiration with
Paintbrush in hand and I would do it all again
Kept the finished and unfinished
Our portrait’s all we have in life
I hope my portrait came out right (ooh)
Cause my portrait’s all I have in life

I took a second look and seems that I painted my heart where my brain went
Making decisions based off of logic just wasn’t me
Over the years, I peaked at everyone else’s creations
So I guess you could say I don’t quite wear it all on my sleeve (wear it all on my sleeve)

Traced all the outlines, colors bled the outside
I hope my portrait came out right
I hope I captured it nice
I hope it came out right
Feels like I need more time

Our portrait's all we have in life
I saved the drafts I didn’t like
I had a couple restless nights
At least I smiled more than I cried
My portrait’s all I have in life

Traced all the outlines, colors bled the outside (colors bled outside)
(I hope it came out nice, I hope it came out right)
It's all I have, It's all I have

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 30/10/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/10/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 30/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/11/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/11/2020(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#26 Posted : 31 October 2020 21:30:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Ashford York: I think this is a fantastic release, it truly showcases one of the great modern bodies of work from a career that has been nothing but exemplary so far. It's a nostalgia trip of recent pop domination and you really do sometimes forget how incredibly successful and productive this period has been for yourself until you sit back and really look at things with reflective eyes. The worry is that with releases like this, it's either a bookend for that period and that you may go away for a little while or hopefully it's you drawing a line over that period and beginning a brand new era. I like to think it's the latter but wouldn't hold the former against you because as this release shows, you've worked so incredibly hard and consistently over such a crazy short amount of time.

As great as looking over the known singles from your back catalogue are, they were already available. What truly drives this forward is the strength of the two brand new tracks, "Eat You Up" and "Portrait". For me, "Portrait" being the final track and ending the collection (with the exception of the acoustic track) really gives the record a story and a narrative, whether unintentional or not and turns the collection from a "worth having" to a "must have". It's such a beautifully written track with maturity and shows your evolution as an artist with the biggest payoff you could imagine. I hope that song in particular gets the attention it warrants as I'm sure it will.

OOC: Really great work with all of this, it's easy to forget just how much you've done until you piece together things like this. The new tracks are really great but "Portrait" in particular floored me, just so beautifully written. It kinda moved me and I don't move all that easily these days haha I don't know if you're planning on posting it as a single release on a separate thread but that's what it requires, it's that good and I hope it doesn't get lost in the great work throughout the album thread. Wonderful stuff overall!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/10/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#27 Posted : 31 October 2020 22:02:44(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: This was such a nostalgia trip! Seeing Isabel's progression from teen pop into a mature pop artist is so cool to see here all in one thread, "Eat You Up" was such a great return for her and as Andrew said, "Portrait" really is beautifully written, some of your best lyrics I've seen to date, hoping she can snatch another hit with that one. :) It's wild to see how old some of these songs are too, like we've all watched each other grow up on these forums, 12 years! x_x Feeling old now, yikes. But really really awesome work with this. ❤
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/10/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#28 Posted : 02 November 2020 02:15:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Ashford York: I think this is a fantastic release, it truly showcases one of the great modern bodies of work from a career that has been nothing but exemplary so far. It's a nostalgia trip of recent pop domination and you really do sometimes forget how incredibly successful and productive this period has been for yourself until you sit back and really look at things with reflective eyes. The worry is that with releases like this, it's either a bookend for that period and that you may go away for a little while or hopefully it's you drawing a line over that period and beginning a brand new era. I like to think it's the latter but wouldn't hold the former against you because as this release shows, you've worked so incredibly hard and consistently over such a crazy short amount of time.

As great as looking over the known singles from your back catalogue are, they were already available. What truly drives this forward is the strength of the two brand new tracks, "Eat You Up" and "Portrait". For me, "Portrait" being the final track and ending the collection (with the exception of the acoustic track) really gives the record a story and a narrative, whether unintentional or not and turns the collection from a "worth having" to a "must have". It's such a beautifully written track with maturity and shows your evolution as an artist with the biggest payoff you could imagine. I hope that song in particular gets the attention it warrants as I'm sure it will.

OOC: Really great work with all of this, it's easy to forget just how much you've done until you piece together things like this. The new tracks are really great but "Portrait" in particular floored me, just so beautifully written. It kinda moved me and I don't move all that easily these days haha I don't know if you're planning on posting it as a single release on a separate thread but that's what it requires, it's that good and I hope it doesn't get lost in the great work throughout the album thread. Wonderful stuff overall!

Isabel: Thank you for all of your kinds words! I'm really glad that my hard work has paid off after all of these years and I know that in the future I will try to continue to work as hard. I know most compilation albums either like to just use past songs or use past songs and add maybe 1 new song but I felt like both were needed for the album in order to finish up this chapter for me. Both were very therapeutic to record and release so I'm happy with the outcome. "Portrait" is really a favorite of mine too. I'm so so happy with how it turned out. I really was trying to find like the song to really wrap things up and to basically be the purpose for the whole album so I am glad that message was received well!

OOC: Thank you so much :) I know, I was putting this all together and I was like 'I really didn't have a life back then' LOL Aww, I'm gald it moved someone lol. By the time I finished writing it I was tired of the song and everything to do with it. Now I think I know how some artists feel when they have to continuously perform the same song over and over after spending months hearing it nonstop. I love the song but I genuinely had it stuck in my head prior to posting it lol. I think I'll just keep it here, if it gets lost, it gets lost Laugh but I'm glad you appreciated it! :)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This was such a nostalgia trip! Seeing Isabel's progression from teen pop into a mature pop artist is so cool to see here all in one thread, "Eat You Up" was such a great return for her and as Andrew said, "Portrait" really is beautifully written, some of your best lyrics I've seen to date, hoping she can snatch another hit with that one. :) It's wild to see how old some of these songs are too, like we've all watched each other grow up on these forums, 12 years! x_x Feeling old now, yikes. But really really awesome work with this. ❤

OOC: Thank you! Yes, it's so cool to see how far your character has come from the "golden age" I like to call it lol. I know everyone knows I tended to put a little teeny more care into Izzy and her songs and everything. She was just always my favorite and easiest to write for and come up with ideas for. Thank you very much for the compliment on the lyrics, they were a headache to write lmao. Yes I feel very aged! I'm always grateful for deciding to click the forum button on TRSG's main site Razz Thank you again! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Online 2001clay  
#29 Posted : 02 November 2020 02:19:55(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3543 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Tika Mays: Love Love Love it!!!! i love every minute of it & new song have a snap to it

OCC: Love the collection of Isabel & nice job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 03 November 2020 01:01:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: I was taken by the over one hour of this album lenght. Throught your music I danced, I laughed, I cried and I even reflect about existence and the world around us. This just shows how much of a true artist you are, after so many years, so many tours, so many things that have happened you yet let the best for last, I'm talking about "Portrait". For me it was like I was seeing the portrait of all the pieces you have left elsewhere as the time went by yourself, true poetry.

OOC: That was a journey, I remember the very first track you have done with Isabel and GOSH we were so young... I mean, the themes were changing through the years, it felt like natural, because in fact we were growing up with these characters. And we always comeback and I'm so glad that I'm here to read this RP. Thank you Tequila Applause
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#31 Posted : 03 November 2020 06:03:51(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
OOC: Reading through tracks took me back to some good old memories and RPs and I loved how I could remember a lot of her past singles like 'Rain On My Parade', 'Hide And Seek' or 'Rule The World' and I think that wouldn't be easy not being real songs, but it's the whole RP done in a way to remain after so much time. That's also why I think Isabel is getting to become an RP legend, I'd compare her to level of artists like Ariana Grande or Rihanna that we have in real life.
I feel like 'Portait' was the perfect greatest hits single and title. I see it like it suits the idea of celebrating the art in her hits and the fact that she'd inspire younger acts and artist, so very well thought :) (apart from the fact that I also just love the song it sounds like, but that's another story Tongue )
Beautiful job Tequila! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#32 Posted : 03 November 2020 07:59:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Happy belated bday btw!: ) Sorry for posting late but as others have said this was outstanding!

I was so happy you came back with "Eat You Up" that was a fun moment! I really enjoyed the execution of this album though! Honestly, I love the bonus new songs in addition to all the great nostalgia! It really shows the progression of Isabel and her growth but more importantly, I think it shows what an amazing songwriter and RolePlayer you are! :) Portrait (the song) was so beautifully written and it's one of my favorite songs you ever did from all of your characters!

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#33 Posted : 03 November 2020 13:37:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I could just...cry. To see Isabel back in 2020 was such a huge moment. Even in real life for me lol. We’ve seen Izzy grow so much over the years with her story progression and to see it all come full circle this year with her comeback performance at the FCAs and now this AMAZING body of work is all us Izzy stans could ask for after such a long break. This whole album encompasses Izzy’s growth musically an artist and highlights her abilities to not only write an A+ pop record but also dabble in other genre’s and be a risk taker. I’m happy Chloe is apart of Izzy’s story and album ;)

Nice work making everything tie in so nicely. I also really love Eat You Up (an absolute Isabel highlight) and Portrait. We are FED!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#34 Posted : 05 November 2020 16:39:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
OOC: SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! I knew that Isabel was a huge character but I forgot just how many HITS that she has had. I think that this was the perfect release at the perfect time. Being your first album release since returning to RP, it really helps tie in the old with the new and gives a great nod to arguably your biggest and most loved character. Not only that, with the influx of older users returning, this was a great little retrospective for everyone to enjoy and reminisce over. I certainly enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Whole thing is dripping in nostalgia! Also happy to have new material in there. Isabel returning at the beginning of a brand new decade just feels so right! Great work on all of this. You must still be recovering from all the old song hunting you had to do for this!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#35 Posted : 06 November 2020 00:50:08(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: When we were just a closet and a mic there was a running joke that Isabel was the queen of the world and to not get on her bad side cause we were just some nobodies and her fans would just tell people not to watch us. When we went into a year of review we thought it would be funny to dress our friend as Izzy and asked "her some questions but we decided to see if she would come to the show, what's the worst that can happen? Not only did she agree to it put she knew about us and the jokes. From there the whole team had a lot of respect and admiration for just a hard worker. She has really done it all actor, activist, musician, and after a much-needed break to come out with something like this just reaffirms how talented she is. All of us just want to say thank you for the hard work, and future blessing to all of your endeavors and success.

OOC: Did not disappoint, really fantastic.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline RadioVine  
#36 Posted : 06 November 2020 02:16:12(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
OOC: Isabel is one of the big pop acts on here! The eras, the pictures, the music, the visuals! You’ve taken all of us on a journey with this album! I enjoyed every minute of it, just reading it though. I always admired your talented hand and mind! I’m super proud of how Isabel turned out. She’s a icon on here! And the way she’s keep taking her career to a new level is dope!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#37 Posted : 07 November 2020 00:43:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: Love Love Love it!!!! i love every minute of it & new song have a snap to it

OCC: Love the collection of Isabel & nice job

Isabel: Thank you :)

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_b: I was taken by the over one hour of this album lenght. Throught your music I danced, I laughed, I cried and I even reflect about existence and the world around us. This just shows how much of a true artist you are, after so many years, so many tours, so many things that have happened you yet let the best for last, I'm talking about "Portrait". For me it was like I was seeing the portrait of all the pieces you have left elsewhere as the time went by yourself, true poetry.

OOC: That was a journey, I remember the very first track you have done with Isabel and GOSH we were so young... I mean, the themes were changing through the years, it felt like natural, because in fact we were growing up with these characters. And we always comeback and I'm so glad that I'm here to read this RP. Thank you Tequila Applause

Isabel: Yes, I was like 'maybe people will let me have their attention for 60 minutes' haha. We pretty much experienced the same emotions then! Thank you very much for listening and also being apart of my career. I hope we can work together again soon :)

OOC: Thank you! Yes, it was a different time back then lol. But thank you for reading :)

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Reading through tracks took me back to some good old memories and RPs and I loved how I could remember a lot of her past singles like 'Rain On My Parade', 'Hide And Seek' or 'Rule The World' and I think that wouldn't be easy not being real songs, but it's the whole RP done in a way to remain after so much time. That's also why I think Isabel is getting to become an RP legend, I'd compare her to level of artists like Ariana Grande or Rihanna that we have in real life.
I feel like 'Portait' was the perfect greatest hits single and title. I see it like it suits the idea of celebrating the art in her hits and the fact that she'd inspire younger acts and artist, so very well thought :) (apart from the fact that I also just love the song it sounds like, but that's another story Tongue )
Beautiful job Tequila! :)

OOC: Thanks! I'm always trying to create songs that would possibly be something that could actually be released and now I can see how hard that can be, also taking into account the character and the sound they would be able to perform with a little wiggle room for experimenting but not like having Izzy release a death metal record or something LOL and yes I wanted to try to do something other than "Greatest Hits" which I was leaning towards but I wanted to make it more personal so I am also glad I went with that title. Thank you again for reading :)

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Happy belated bday btw!: ) Sorry for posting late but as others have said this was outstanding!

I was so happy you came back with "Eat You Up" that was a fun moment! I really enjoyed the execution of this album though! Honestly, I love the bonus new songs in addition to all the great nostalgia! It really shows the progression of Isabel and her growth but more importantly, I think it shows what an amazing songwriter and RolePlayer you are! :) Portrait (the song) was so beautifully written and it's one of my favorite songs you ever did from all of your characters!

OOC: Thank you! :) I really wanted to emphasize her growth which can be hard sometimes but I think it coincides with me too because I feel like I can write about more than when I was like 12 lmao. Thank you for reading! :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I could just...cry. To see Isabel back in 2020 was such a huge moment. Even in real life for me lol. We’ve seen Izzy grow so much over the years with her story progression and to see it all come full circle this year with her comeback performance at the FCAs and now this AMAZING body of work is all us Izzy stans could ask for after such a long break. This whole album encompasses Izzy’s growth musically an artist and highlights her abilities to not only write an A+ pop record but also dabble in other genre’s and be a risk taker. I’m happy Chloe is apart of Izzy’s story and album ;)

Nice work making everything tie in so nicely. I also really love Eat You Up (an absolute Isabel highlight) and Portrait. We are FED!

OOC: Thank you so much! Yeah she's like my child lol or at least my first born that I give a little more attention to even though I'm supposed to love them all equally lol. I'm glad yall are fed because you might be put on a diet for a few years again Laugh Thank you very much for reading! :)

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! I knew that Isabel was a huge character but I forgot just how many HITS that she has had. I think that this was the perfect release at the perfect time. Being your first album release since returning to RP, it really helps tie in the old with the new and gives a great nod to arguably your biggest and most loved character. Not only that, with the influx of older users returning, this was a great little retrospective for everyone to enjoy and reminisce over. I certainly enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Whole thing is dripping in nostalgia! Also happy to have new material in there. Isabel returning at the beginning of a brand new decade just feels so right! Great work on all of this. You must still be recovering from all the old song hunting you had to do for this!

OOC: adkjaskdlj thank you lol. Yes I was like "I haven't written an album in so long so let me release a compilation album to test the waters first" and now I'm glad I did. I almost felt like I had to relearn everything when I came back lol. I am, I was a horrible documenter back then but luckily a few years ago I tried to favorite my old threads so it'd be easier to find them and then luckily I have my usb with most of my rp things, it was very taxing lol. Thank you for reading! :)

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: When we were just a closet and a mic there was a running joke that Isabel was the queen of the world and to not get on her bad side cause we were just some nobodies and her fans would just tell people not to watch us. When we went into a year of review we thought it would be funny to dress our friend as Izzy and asked "her some questions but we decided to see if she would come to the show, what's the worst that can happen? Not only did she agree to it put she knew about us and the jokes. From there the whole team had a lot of respect and admiration for just a hard worker. She has really done it all actor, activist, musician, and after a much-needed break to come out with something like this just reaffirms how talented she is. All of us just want to say thank you for the hard work, and future blessing to all of your endeavors and success.

OOC: Did not disappoint, really fantastic.

Isabel: Aww thank you for being very supportive of me over the years! And thank you for your sweet words. I wish you all nothing but success as well and hopefully we can reunite haha.

OOC: Thank you for reading :)

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Isabel is one of the big pop acts on here! The eras, the pictures, the music, the visuals! You’ve taken all of us on a journey with this album! I enjoyed every minute of it, just reading it though. I always admired your talented hand and mind! I’m super proud of how Isabel turned out. She’s a icon on here! And the way she’s keep taking her career to a new level is dope!

OOC: Thank you! Thank you so much for reading :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 07/11/2020(UTC)