logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#21 Posted : 04 December 2020 10:15:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19145 time(s) in 7603 post(s)
THANK YOU

Wow, I never thought I'd get to this moment. Writing this section has been a long time coming. At first, I didn't think I had it in me to even give you all a second album. When I started the process I then felt like I had another mountain to climb. GOLDENHEART's creation has been such a cathartic process. I've laughed, cried, smiled, got insanely pissed off and all several times over. I truly opened up on this album and was in my feels as they say. It was like free therapy. I just got into my little studio and let it all out every single day. Finishing the record was like half a weight lifted but once this album is out there in the world and you're listening and reading these words, I will well and truly feel the release. My thoughts, feelings, ideas and art will be out there in the world for people to do however as they please with. It's an awfully frightening yet deliciously exciting feeling.

First of all, I'd like to thank YOU. If you are reading this, it means you have purchased my album or have acquired it in a shady way. I won't tell if you won't! Seriously though, thank you for showing an interest and supporting my work. Whether this was a Christmas gift for your dad, a listen out of curiosity or you're a diehard member of Grimmie Nation, I appreciate it greatly. While there is ego involved in the creative process, at the end of the day I just want people to connect with it. I hope my words can help people. Whether it is giving them an answer to a problem, shining a light on a situation or just bringing a smile to someone's face, I'll be happy to know this record resonated with you. It's our own little special connection. Truly cannot wait to see, hear and read your reactions once this album hits the shelves!

Unlike with my debut album, there are no other musicians to thank here. I know they say you can't be selfish with art and that two heads are better than one but for me, GOLDENHEART was never just going to be a typical studio album. With a lot of eyes on me and a boatload of stuff to tackle, explain and own, I HAD to do it alone. This is MY story. It may be a harsh listen at times. It may not sit well with some people who loved the first record. It may not have the polished edge that a top producer or songwriter could help add over it but it is what it is; raw and honest. It sounds exactly this way because that's just how it came out in its natural state. Every sound, lyric and instrument embody how I was feeling in that moment. They say what I want to say. While I was a loner in my little studio for about a year, I couldn't have gone ahead without Five Pesky Kids' blessing. A huge thanks to everyone over there for believing in me. I know I raised a lot of eyebrows when I said I wanted to give this album an entire DIY approach at that meeting last year. Your faith and interest in the project really spurred me on. Thank you all.

Dae, my sweet boyfriend. Thank you for being aglow with the most beautiful light. I don't just mean through the creation of this album. Since the moment we met, you've radiated such a glorious, magnificent, positive energy. You always know what to do and say at the right times. When I lose my head, you find the magic words that calm me down. When I'm low, just a simple look from you can raise me back up. I know you don't like when I talk about this but it has to be said. I wouldn't be here today without you. So many times I've felt lost in the most brutal sea and your guiding light has brought me back to safety. I love you.

Dustyn & Ryan, two brotherly idols. I have truly cherished your friendships and creative words of wisdom throughout this process. You've shown such interest and support, cheering me on from the side lines. You have such experience within the industry and it's an honor just to be able to chew your ears off about things. From your wise words, your talents to your wonderful authentic selves, you have both inspired me to extents you cannot imagine. Thank you.

Mom & Dad, it has been a rough few years, hasn't it? I'm sorry for all the turmoil I've caused you. I know it's the last thing you need. I haven't been the perfect son but you've never made me feel any less. Of course, I get a stern word when needed, but overall you have been nothing but encouraging. From my school days to the world's stage, you've continuously supported my dreams and given me your blessing. I am so lucky to get to call you my parents. I grew up in such an open-minded, loving, caring and supportive household. You never held us kids back and I honestly wouldn't be here, sharing my art to the masses if it weren't for your constant backing and encouragement. Forever indebted to you both. Sending my love. Thank you.

To all the people who pissed me off and tried to screw me over throughout the last few years, thank you for the inspiration! I hope you enjoy GOLDENHEART. I KNOW for a fact that you'll be listening!!

I'd like to dedicate the release of this album to Ashley Grimmie. My dearest Ash, I miss you greatly. Not a day goes by where I don't think of you and have a little sob to myself. It's a cruel world. Far too cruel for an angel like you. You were my favorite person. My first friend. My big sister. You were so protective of me. Even at a young age, you were like a third parent. I vividly remember you trying to teach me how to read when you could barely even do it yourself! Fuck, this world is an even colder place without you. I hope you're safe and at peace wherever you are. Like I said, we'll meet again someday. Get those lobster rolls ready for meeeeeeeee.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 04/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 04/12/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 04/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 04/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 28/12/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#22 Posted : 04 December 2020 10:55:15(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
Erich: joshua just unzipped and flopped it right out on the table. this is beyond dropping. this? this is an unfurling. no matter what,i dont think anyone can give joshua shit of any kind after this. he could go full morissey or bono and we couldnt really say shit. he could fart into a microphone for the rest of his career. hes earned that right with this.

Erica: while i'd have liked to have seen more clues of THAT nature. i WILL get to the bottom of the urban myth around joshua if it KILLS me. goldenheart is amazing! its sound,while cohesive,ist something pegged down. it goes this direction and that. picking a single favorite track wouldnt do this justice. it must be enjoyed in its entirety. as the reigning,defending,queen of punk rock,i dub joshua with oodles of punk rock credibility.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#23 Posted : 04 December 2020 14:25:04(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
OOC: Wow, this must be a masterpiece RP you have done yet Sean. I think so because I feel Joshua has become one of your main acts for me, I see you growing him and his story like a child, giving so many details. That's actually what's striking me off reading the whole album, the fact that you put detail into writing songs as if it were actually Joshua and it does feel so, when I read these lyrics it's like I really feel like Joshua wrote them in reality. I like how you managed this way to make this all very very personal and I was surprised to read the track 'On The Inside', I always seen him as a very confident character with a strong image but reading the struggles to get there feels more human. Like he had to built that strength and confidence in life, also explaining some of his anger. I also find interesting how you picked the right genres and beats, the whole interludes thing is really feels like something that I would picture him doing. So you really thought this out. It's showing me your passion all through it.
My faves apart from Tragic Kingdom and Swallow are Flavors because I like this other human side of Joshua where he talks about his boyfriend and seems to be not only really in love but a love a character like him would give, a real honest love. Then I really like Starry Eyed especially for the idea of what it may sound and the whole commentary, I wish you make that a single, it's soo distinctive (Also the fact that 'When I Grow Up' interlude is behind it is so cool).
I also like Take Your Place, the idea of a Rock Ballad and not an exactly tearing up weaker thing kinda feels coehesive with who I think Joshua is and I think I wasn't there during the Ashley death storyline, so it's good to find these pieces of his story.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 05/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#24 Posted : 04 December 2020 22:20:01(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: How daaaaaaaare you create something so perfectly flawless, I feel like I can never post another album on here again now. LOL Ugh. This is such a defining album for Joshua as a person and an artist, I think he really found himself and his sound with this record, and despite pulling influences from so many genres, it still feels super cohesive and totally Joshua. I'm glad to finally be around to witness not only Joshua's growth, but an actual album thread from you again and to see so much of your own growth as a writer and how amazing you are now!! Legit every song here could be a single for him, and the effort to not only write all these songs & the descriptions, but the art too, is definitely something to commend. Last time I did that, I needed like... a 5 year break lmao, meanwhile you made it look so effortless. Amazing. <3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 05/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#25 Posted : 10 December 2020 02:15:54(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Ok, I have some things to say to you about this project (as if you would care... LOL):
First - For a person who has flirted with Ska before (I'm talking about me) I think I wasn't bold enough to really go deeper into that genre like you have done with this album. It's a mixed of emotions for me, because you have created some of the most meaningful dark lyrics ever, but with the sexy vibrating sound of ska, the dark sensation vanished. The initial perspective of feeling depressed like you have shared on those lines, was contrasted by the melodies. It was a genius movement in my humble opinion. It was all about the contrast and that's very inspiring as a musician, PLUS you've made it all by yourself, GOSH you're such a good producer.
Second - You brought the text frontward with those spoken words track, I have not seen anybody do that in a while and you sort of brought it back genuinely not forcing anything. I felt like I was in mid 90s with those double album projects being released something that the industry nowadays would never accept. I salute you for doing that, and it matches perfectly all the stages of your own persona represented by the group of songs that followed those spoken words, it was a smart choice for sure!
Third and Last – For me, the standouts were: “Could've Had It All” because of its rock and roll vibe and attitude; “Bluest Summer” you couldn’t have been more naked in a song like you have been with this one, seriously, you stripped down everything, raw and beautiful; “Swallow” you sound sexy, the music is also sexy and the lyrics are also sexy somehow even though they have a politic approach, for someone who’s been harassed by media outlets, being confident it’s something I can live for; Last but not LEAST “Take Your Place” I’ve never seen a singer to write such a gentle song about loss like this one, I could feel your pain and as a person who has also lost before, I thank you for those pretty words at the chorus.
I guess I made my point, I’m a fan, I wish I’ll be able to work with you in the near future!

OOC: I’m jealous but in a sweet and beautiful way. This RP was fantastic truly one of the finest I have read in the forum for a very long time.

Edited by user 10 December 2020 02:45:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/12/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#26 Posted : 10 December 2020 10:23:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Absolutely enjoyed reading this! Seeing your growth in this forum is really admiring. I remember when you first joined all the way up to now (minus the years I was gone ;) but overall just have to say you have proven time again and again that you have what it takes to write beautiful melodies, lyrics, and album concepts! Not only that you've done this numerous time and I really admire that! Great job Sean it is always exciting when you post don't lose the passion :) I know you probably feel burned out but the forum wouldn't be the same without you posting so keep doing it!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#27 Posted : 20 December 2020 05:29:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: joshua just unzipped and flopped it right out on the table. this is beyond dropping. this? this is an unfurling. no matter what,i dont think anyone can give joshua shit of any kind after this. he could go full morissey or bono and we couldnt really say shit. he could fart into a microphone for the rest of his career. hes earned that right with this.

Erica: while i'd have liked to have seen more clues of THAT nature. i WILL get to the bottom of the urban myth around joshua if it KILLS me. goldenheart is amazing! its sound,while cohesive,ist something pegged down. it goes this direction and that. picking a single favorite track wouldnt do this justice. it must be enjoyed in its entirety. as the reigning,defending,queen of punk rock,i dub joshua with oodles of punk rock credibility.

Joshua: Flopped it right out on the table totally soft on a freezing cold December night and still made jaws drop ;) Haha, thank you Erich, you total nut. I think I still have a couple more albums in me before I resort to farting into a microphone. Saying that, I'd much rather take that up than ever become a Bono or Morrissey. The latter has me blocked on Twitter. Can't think why!

Erica, darling, just think about the title of this entire record and squint at the font on the cover. Hidden in plain sight ;) Aaaaaaaanyway, I wear your comment like a badge of honor. I'll never be as punk rock as you but I'm damn well happy to have your blessing. Thank you so much. I'm really happy that you enjoy the album. You're one of few people in the industry who gave me a chance and knew me prior to kicking off this second album era. You know what went into making this album and I can't thank you enough for the support.

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Wow, this must be a masterpiece RP you have done yet Sean. I think so because I feel Joshua has become one of your main acts for me, I see you growing him and his story like a child, giving so many details. That's actually what's striking me off reading the whole album, the fact that you put detail into writing songs as if it were actually Joshua and it does feel so, when I read these lyrics it's like I really feel like Joshua wrote them in reality. I like how you managed this way to make this all very very personal and I was surprised to read the track 'On The Inside', I always seen him as a very confident character with a strong image but reading the struggles to get there feels more human. Like he had to built that strength and confidence in life, also explaining some of his anger. I also find interesting how you picked the right genres and beats, the whole interludes thing is really feels like something that I would picture him doing. So you really thought this out. It's showing me your passion all through it.
My faves apart from Tragic Kingdom and Swallow are Flavors because I like this other human side of Joshua where he talks about his boyfriend and seems to be not only really in love but a love a character like him would give, a real honest love. Then I really like Starry Eyed especially for the idea of what it may sound and the whole commentary, I wish you make that a single, it's soo distinctive (Also the fact that 'When I Grow Up' interlude is behind it is so cool).
I also like Take Your Place, the idea of a Rock Ballad and not an exactly tearing up weaker thing kinda feels coehesive with who I think Joshua is and I think I wasn't there during the Ashley death storyline, so it's good to find these pieces of his story.

OOC: First of all, WOW at this wonderful comment. Thank you for taking time out to not only read this lengthy album but to write up such an in-depth piece of feedback. Truly appreciate it. Joshua is up there with the likes of Dustyn and Billy, where he's just like part of me. Writing as him is just second nature after all the years of developing and focusing on him. Really happy that his personality is shining through the song as I know a lot of the lyrics are extremely heavy. Was tricky finding the balance between honesty and sounding like a sad sack of shit as well as trying to get enough of his character across without being too overbearing as I know he can be a lot to digest. There are many, many layers to him which I wanted to tap into, hence why this is 18 tracks long. I'm sorry to make you sit and read through ALL of that lol. I got carried away when writing. Once again, thank you for such a kind comment. I appreciate your feedback on everything, from his character, to your thoughts on specific tracks. Thank you for reading this thread. A very special album for me and the fact that you called it a masterpiece truly warms my heart. Thank you so much.
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#28 Posted : 20 December 2020 06:11:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: How daaaaaaaare you create something so perfectly flawless, I feel like I can never post another album on here again now. LOL Ugh. This is such a defining album for Joshua as a person and an artist, I think he really found himself and his sound with this record, and despite pulling influences from so many genres, it still feels super cohesive and totally Joshua. I'm glad to finally be around to witness not only Joshua's growth, but an actual album thread from you again and to see so much of your own growth as a writer and how amazing you are now!! Legit every song here could be a single for him, and the effort to not only write all these songs & the descriptions, but the art too, is definitely something to commend. Last time I did that, I needed like... a 5 year break lmao, meanwhile you made it look so effortless. Amazing. <3

OOC: Oh please, you came out the gate swinging with Vanity's record! It was like you were never away lol. Thank you so much for the comment! I'm glad you called this a defining album because I feel like that's what I set out to do in the end. The character had been through so much and became a staple of mine after the first record. I found myself at a place where, in order to do his dramatic ass justice, I either had to kill him off, officially retire him from music or go balls to the wall with the new album. There's no way I could've just released a random pop album. I HAD to smatter it with Joshua's story and personality. It's what he deserved. Reading such wonderful comments tug at my heart. I put a lot of work into it. Sometimes worked myself a bit too hard. It's all worth it knowing that you enjoyed it, however. Thank you so much. You already know how much you inspire my writing so I'm very grateful.

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: Ok, I have some things to say to you about this project (as if you would care... LOL):
First - For a person who has flirted with Ska before (I'm talking about me) I think I wasn't bold enough to really go deeper into that genre like you have done with this album. It's a mixed of emotions for me, because you have created some of the most meaningful dark lyrics ever, but with the sexy vibrating sound of ska, the dark sensation vanished. The initial perspective of feeling depressed like you have shared on those lines, was contrasted by the melodies. It was a genius movement in my humble opinion. It was all about the contrast and that's very inspiring as a musician, PLUS you've made it all by yourself, GOSH you're such a good producer.
Second - You brought the text frontward with those spoken words track, I have not seen anybody do that in a while and you sort of brought it back genuinely not forcing anything. I felt like I was in mid 90s with those double album projects being released something that the industry nowadays would never accept. I salute you for doing that, and it matches perfectly all the stages of your own persona represented by the group of songs that followed those spoken words, it was a smart choice for sure!
Third and Last – For me, the standouts were: “Could've Had It All” because of its rock and roll vibe and attitude; “Bluest Summer” you couldn’t have been more naked in a song like you have been with this one, seriously, you stripped down everything, raw and beautiful; “Swallow” you sound sexy, the music is also sexy and the lyrics are also sexy somehow even though they have a politic approach, for someone who’s been harassed by media outlets, being confident it’s something I can live for; Last but not LEAST “Take Your Place” I’ve never seen a singer to write such a gentle song about loss like this one, I could feel your pain and as a person who has also lost before, I thank you for those pretty words at the chorus.
I guess I made my point, I’m a fan, I wish I’ll be able to work with you in the near future!

OOC: I’m jealous but in a sweet and beautiful way. This RP was fantastic truly one of the finest I have read in the forum for a very long time.

Joshua: Thank you so much, Julia! You are an artist I admire greatly and it's a blessing to receive feedback from you. I'm really glad that this project made you feel different things with all the contrasting melodies and messages. That's what I wanted. GOLDENHEART is essentially my fucked up life over the last two years. It was a cathartic and wild process, which I wanted to reflect in the sonics. Life's not an easy ride. One day you're on cloud 9, the next you're in the pits of Hell. Sometimes you're smiling through those fires and pretending you're OK. Sometimes you're feeling real sensual and then you find yourself crying your eyes out later that night. It's a packed album and I know it could be overwhelming to a lot of listeners with its heavy subjects, jarring musical compositions, the spoken-word segments which aren't really common practise anymore and the fact that it's 18 tracks long. So happy that you were able to navigate your way through it and feel all the things I intended. Thank you for all of your beautiful words and sharing your thoughts on my art. Especially grateful that you highlighted "Take Your Place", such a special and important song to me. Eternally grateful, Julia.

OOC: Thank you so much, Andre! It was a labour of love but worth it in the end. Really appreciate your lovely comment <3

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Absolutely enjoyed reading this! Seeing your growth in this forum is really admiring. I remember when you first joined all the way up to now (minus the years I was gone ;) but overall just have to say you have proven time again and again that you have what it takes to write beautiful melodies, lyrics, and album concepts! Not only that you've done this numerous time and I really admire that! Great job Sean it is always exciting when you post don't lose the passion :) I know you probably feel burned out but the forum wouldn't be the same without you posting so keep doing it!

OOC: Thank you!! Every so often, I find myself in a project where it feels like I've bitten off more than I can chew. Set my sights and goals for an album just a little bit too high and end up regretting it like four songs in. This was one of them lol. Glad I didn't bail though. I owe this to Joshy. One of my favourite characters of mine. You're right, I do feel a bit burned out but I know I'll find myself trying to outdo this album a few months from now. I can't help myself lol. Thank you for the kind words. Comments like that make all the stress worth it lol.

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#29 Posted : 20 December 2020 11:44:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I just want to say how so proud I am of you for completing such a timeless album. Wow, I really must say that you out did yourself with this one. I know how much this album meant to you and the hours of hard work you put into crafting up something so amazing. It's nice to see how well it's gone over and how exponentially well it's impacting the forum. The fact that this ties in Joshua's experiences into a experimental album with pop influences. The lyrics, the sound alikes, the descriptions and artwork are all top notch here. There's so many amazing things that I can say about this album!!! My favorite tracks are Could've Had It All, Flavors and SURPRISE! But literally all the tracks are excellent. Literally, every song could be a single so I'm HOPING that you have a lot planned for this album and more singles. You really out did yourself. One of your best album's you've posted on here. Coming for Weekend's WIG!!! Amazing work Sean x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#30 Posted : 24 December 2020 03:15:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: So I finally finished getting through all of this LOL Everything about the album is great, you can definitely tell you put a lot of time, effort, and thought behind this rp! I don't know how you do it but I know it's tiring lol. I can't praise it enough, like everyone said it's a really great album and very cohesive too. Definitely 2020 was Joshua's year and I'm interested in seeing how his work further changes or progresses.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 24/12/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#31 Posted : 26 December 2020 20:57:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Ashford: Joshua, where to start with this? Your growth as an artist is the first thing that's so evident on full listen of this record. Looking into the background of the album shows that even more, where it's only your name as a writer for the record and only your name as a producer of the record. As a mainstream pop artist it is a massive undertaking in it's own right to do this truly solo. But there isn't a solitary period throughout where you think, if only this was done slightly differently. There are no small improvements to be made to this, it's a masterclass in it's entirety.

Delving into a world of other genres while maintaining your trademark sound is a revelation in itself. I personally was slightly worried when glancing at the genres this covers and was afraid that this could have become your overindulgent record. Thankfully it wasn't the case, although I don't think even you can get me fully on board with Ska music. I'm pleased to say that it was an enjoyable experience. For me, the standout track is "Tiny Little Bubbles" and anybody that has experienced a moment on that brink will no doubt find a connection with that track on a whole different level. But the record is littered with work like that which people can apply to themselves and hold tightly to. That's the mark of true artist, an outstanding generational talent. Beautiful work as expected, delivered to absolute perfection.

OOC: Just remarkable work as always. On the very highest level, from every aspect. I think the lyrics alone would be good enough, but the way you put everything together making sure everything is perfect is just insane. Great stuff! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 27/12/2020(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#32 Posted : 28 December 2020 17:03:07(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Coke: Joshua, all of your albums have a special place in my heart. Your talent goes so well with your smart ass mouth and with every song it's like you liberate yourself more and more. By being someone who's not afraid to speak the truth, you bring a lot of light to some of the blindspots in this world. My personal favorites are towards the end like On The Inside and Take Your Place but there's so many gems on this album from start to finish, including all of the spoken word material that I know you probably ripped out of your diary and felt really nervous about releasing lmao. It's all just perfect, YOU'RE PERFECT, and I would real life fight somebody for saying otherwise. Thank you for this beautiful body of work.

OOC: i told you i would read it LOL you really kept me up to date on the whole process of this project and watching it manifest in real time was an honor. sean my mf baby you are a genius
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/12/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#33 Posted : 04 January 2021 10:41:53(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Seriously what took me so long to review was I needed a free day to do the album but this one. Really I knew it was going to be one of those where I would have to take some serious time to read it all and listen to it all but this is my opinion. 9/10(Recommended) There is revenge text, sleeping with the best friend, making your ex envious. Then there's what Joshua did that is like hold my beer, I’ll show you petty. Why did this get a high score, cause this level of FU to an ex is a wow factor. I mean I don’t know where to begin but just wow an album that does record sells about how the ex is a piece of shit? Slow clap Joshua, you won. I’m not getting on your bad side. Favorite Track: Could of have it all How you start a song with he has a small dick, he is a prick, and if he would have done right you didn’t need to do this but since he all of those things Get Fucked. What makes it worst is this is the second song.

Edited by user 04 January 2021 10:42:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/01/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#34 Posted : 19 February 2021 04:28:58(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: You're a bastard, but you're one talented bastard you son of a bitch. In all honesty, this record is perfect. From beginning to end, you created a piece of work that is engaging the listener. The effortless swagger that is carried throughout, the easy flowing soundscapes that change from song to song, the fucking top notch songwriting. It's brilliant. I'm honored that you included me in your thank you's. I consider you a brother in this industry and you know that. I unfortunately never got the chance to get to know Ashley but I'm certain she is somewhere listening to this album, incredibly proud of you, and jamming the fuck out. Congratulations on making ska cool again. I feel like it's 1997 and I'm 20 again.

OOC: Pretty much what I said IC! Holy fuck. This is incredible. Album threads like this are what truly inspire me most on here. You took your time to perfect this and you nailed it. How you are able to tie in these different storylines into the album with subtleties here and there, that's a talent. Amazing work! You should be incredibly proud, Sean!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/02/2021(UTC)