logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2023 00:07:11(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Cerys Nyland : Embracing the Heat with "The Secret Cove" - Interview by Pete Sullivan

[Pete Sullivan:] Ladies and gentlemen, I'm thrilled to be here today with the incredible Cerys Nyland, hailing all the way from Seaford, UK. She's the singer, songwriter, and guitarist behind the mesmerizing new album, "The Secret Cove". Cerys, it's an absolute pleasure to have you here. How are you feeling? Summer, Alternative rock, adventures? Is it what we can expect from your album?

[Cerys Nyland:] Thank you! I'm doing great, and I'm really excited to be here. It's always a pleasure to chat with you. Yes, that's a good summary! ahah!

[Pete Sullivan:] Fantastic! Let's dive right into "The Secret Cove." The title itself evokes mystery. Can you tell us a bit more about this project?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely! "The Secret Cove" is a two piece project...

[Pete Sullivan:] You mean two albums?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely. The first part will be released in few hours. We plan to release the second part in July...

[Pete Sullivan:] how did you get this Idea?

[Cerys Nyland:] So, I was invited to perform at "Bring the Heat" Summer Festival, and I suddenly realized I had no real "summer" songs to play...First I wanted to write a song to sing there....but soon, I realized that there were enough songs to make an album....and even two. I actually wrote a bit less thanks 30 songs.

[Pete Sullivan:] 30 songs? wow!

[Cerys Nyland:] Yeah, some of them will feature in the two LPs, some as B-sides, some are not good enough and won't be released.

pic

[Pete Sullivan:] Now, what about the concept behind the album?

[Cerys Nyland:] I wanted to capture the essence of summer and the beauty found in hidden places. I wanted to convey the feeling of escaping to a secluded paradise where you can be yourself and find solace in the surrounding nature. It's an album that reflects personal growth, self-discovery, and the magic of summer.

[Pete Sullivan:] That sounds absolutely huge, and very immersive!

[Cerys Nyland:]. Yeah, Indeed. I wanted to create an immersive musical experience that transports listeners to dreamy coastal landscapes, where they can feel the sand between their toes and the warmth of the sun on their skin. Each track represents a different aspect of that summertime adventure.

[Pete Sullivan:] And looking at the tracklist, it seems like you've covered a wide range of themes. Can you walk us through the songs on "The Secret Cove"? "Island Escape" sounds like a great opener for the album. Can you give us a glimpse into what inspired this track?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Island Escape" is about longing for an escape from the daily grind and finding solace in an idyllic remonte island setting. It's about the desire to embark on a journey. It sets the tone for the album, inviting listeners to join me on this musical voyage.

[Pete Sullivan:] Sounds like the perfect way to kick things off. Now, "Archipelago" seems like an interesting choice for the second track. What inspired that particular song?

[Cerys Nyland: ]"Archipelago" was inspired by the beauty and allure of a cluster of islands. I wanted to convey the sense of exploration and discovery that comes with navigating through different experiences and emotions.

[Pete Sullivan:] The song has a vibrant and adventurous feel to it, reflecting the journey of exploring diverse landscapes... This songs is made of 4 different parts, with different riffs and rythms...

Cerys Nyland: ] Yes, this is about exploration. The song also draws parallels between a group of islands forming an archipelago and the relationships we build with others.

[Pete Sullivan:] That sounds captivating! Moving on to "Crushing Sand Castles ," what can you share about this one?

[Cerys Nyland: ]"Crushing Sand Castles" is about those childhood beach memories where we would build elaborate sand castles only to have the tide wash them away, or simply jump on it. It's a high energy one, with punk influences. It's a metaphor for the fleeting nature of life, you know?

[Pete Sullivan:] Ah, the impermanence of sandcastles. I can relate to that (laughing). Moving on to "Trapped in Lianas." That title definitely catches the eye. Can you elaborate on the story behind that song? Is it a story about girls wearing bikinis being tied in jungle lianes?

[Cerys Nyland:] Definitely! (Laughing) "Trapped in Lianas" is a bit of a whimsical track. I had no clear idea when I started writing the song. It all started with my love for those ridiculously bad movies where girls in bikinis get themselves into all sorts of trouble in the jungle. I thought, "Why not capture that madness in a song?" So, "Trapped in Lianas" was born, complete with its wild guitar riffs and untamed spirit.

[Pete Sullivan:] Haha! I love the inspiration! Can you share a bit about the musical process behind "Trapped in Lianas"?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely. I had to find the perfect balance of untamed chaos and coherent music. I won't lie, it was a bit like wrestling with a wild animal. But eventually, the song came together, and it was exactly the raw and wild sound I was aiming for.

[Pete Sullivan:] Haha! I can imagine the struggle, Cerys. Taming the musical beast is no easy feat. Now, "Love Can Burn Our Skins" certainly has an intriguing title. What's the story behind that one?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Love can burn our Skins" ... It's about those relationships that ignite like a wildfire and leave you with some serious heartburn. There's also a sense of surrendering to the intensity. It's a reminder that love can be both beautiful and destructive, and we have to be prepared to get a little scorched on our journey.

[Pete Sullivan:] Maybe aloe vera Can help? (Joking).

[Cerys Nyland:] Ahah!

[Pete Sullivan:] We're excited to talk about this one.... "The Dune is the Only Witness," featuring megastar NingNing. It's creating quite a buzz. Can you tell us a bit about the inspiration behind the song?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely! "The Dune is the Only Witness" is a song that draws inspiration from the magic of summer, hidden attractions, and forbidden love. It's all about that intense connection that you can't resist, no matter the consequences. The song tells the story of two individuals, played by...

[Pete Sullivan:] NingNing and you? (Joking)

[Cerys Nyland:] oh.... Let your imagination work, ahah! NingNing and me if you want.... or you and a Stranger, if you prefer?

[Pete:] oh...interesting! (laughing)

[Cerys Nyland:] Well, let's say...two individuals who find themselves drawn to each other in a vast, desolate dune. It's a metaphorical space where they can escape from reality and indulge in forbidden games.

[Pete Sullivan:] That sounds intriguing! How did the collaboration with Ningning come about?

[Cerys Nyland:] It was an incredible stroke of luck, really. I've been a fan of Ningning's work for a long time, and I've always admired her voice. I loved her album "New Look", and her latest "Up Close and Personnal". When I was conceptualizing "The Dune is the Only Witness," I felt her voice and presence would be a perfect fit for the track. So, I reached out to her team, and to my surprise, she was interested and wanted to collaborate.

[Pete Sullivan:] That's fantastic! How was it working with Ningning on this song?

[Cerys Nyland:] Working with Ningning was an absolute joy. She is not only a supremely talented artist but also incredibly professional and down-to-earth. We connected instantly, and it was amazing to see how she brought her own interpretation to the lyrics and melody. She added a whole new layer of depth and emotion to the song. It was a true collaboration, and I couldn't be happier with the result.

[Pete Sullivan:] That's wonderful to hear. Now, let's talk about the music video. It has some visually stunning scenes set in a dune. Can you tell us a bit about the concept and the filming process?

[Cerys Nyland:] Of course! The music video captures the atmosphere of the song beautifully. We wanted to create a visual representation of the hidden attraction and forbidden love that the song portrays. The dune represents this isolated space where these two characters can indulge in their desires without judgment.

Filming the video was an adventure in itself. We scouted for locations and found this breathtaking dune that provided the perfect backdrop. The heat of the summer sun added to the intensity of the scenes. Ningning and I had a lot of fun during the shoot, playing these characters and bringing their emotions to life. It was a memorable experience, and I'm grateful to the entire team for their hard work in bringing the vision to reality.

[Pete Sullivan:] It sounds like a remarkable experience indeed. Hmmm....what do we have next?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Whispers in the Sand"

[Pete Sullivan :] Yes! What's the Story behind this one?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Whispers in the Sand" is a song that means a lot to me. It's about finding solace in the gentle whispers of nature. The lyrics explore the idea of the sand carrying the secrets of the world, and the healing power it holds. It's a personal and introspective track that reflects my own journey of self-discovery.

cover

[Pete Sullivan:] Let's delve deeper into two specific songs from "The Secret Cove" - "Aguapanela" and "Swaying With Her" Can you share the inspiration behind these tracks and what they mean to you?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely! "Aguapanela" ... it's a south american local becerage, you know? It's a track that takes inspiration from Latin percussions, and the refreshing taste of summer. I wanted to infuse a latin energy into this song. It's a celebration of embracing different cultures and finding joy in the richness they offer.

Now, "Swaying With Her" is a more intimate track... It's the only ballad on the album. It's about finding comfort in the arms of a loved one. The song explores the power of connection and the strength we gain from those who support us. It is definitely a tribute to the people in our lives who bring us peace and help us navigate through difficult times.

[Pete Sullivan:] Both songs sound truly captivating and unique in their own ways. The fusion of Latin American influences in "Aguapanela" and the heartfelt connection portrayed in "Swaying With Her" offer a diverse range of emotions within the album. How do these songs contribute to the overall narrative of "The Secret Cove"?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Aguapanela" and "Swaying With Her" serve as important chapters in the narrative of "The Secret Cove." They both represent different aspects of our inner journey. "Aguapanela" embodies the vibrant and joyful side of exploration, where we immerse ourselves in different cultures and allow their energy to inspire us. It represents the excitement and freedom that comes from embracing new experiences.

On the other hand, "Swaying With Her" delves into the more introspective and intimate aspects of our inner sanctuary. It reflects the comfort and support we find in the presence of a loved one, It represents the warmth and solace we can discover within ourselves and with the help of others.

Together, these songs contribute to the overarching theme of self-discovery.

[Pete Sullivan:] That's a wonderful explanation. It's evident that these songs bring a unique depth and perspective to "The Secret Cove. And finally...."The Secret Cove" is the closing track with. With such an enigmatic title, what can you tell us about that it?

[Cerys Nyland:] "The Secret Cove" is the culmination of the album, the final destination of our musical journey. It's about finding that hidden place within ourselves, where we can truly be at peace. The song embodies a sense of tranquility and serenity, inviting listeners to take a moment to breathe, reflect, and find their own secret cove.

[Pete Sullivan:] It sounds like a perfect ending to a captivating album, Cerys. Thank you for sharing the stories behind each track. Now, before we wrap up, is there anything else you'd like to add?

[Cerys Nyland:] Thank you so much for having me. It's been a pleasure. Stay tuned for more music and adventures to come.

[Pete Sullivan:] Best of luck with your album, and see you in July for "The Secret Cove" - Episode 2 ?

[Cerys Nyland:] Of course! ahah! And see you at 'Bring the Heat' Festival! I Hope we'll have fun there!

Edited by user 05 January 2024 03:31:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
2001clay on 05/06/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/06/2023(UTC), erich hess on 05/06/2023(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/06/2023(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/06/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/06/2023(UTC), kandii on 18/06/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2023 17:20:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Amy Meyer: Lovely interview Cerys, it's always a joy to see some alternative rock influenced music around the industry so I'll definitely be keeping an eye for your future releases and your festival performance. I love how intricate and ambitious your plans for your music are, makes a refreshing change from just throwing together a bunch of tracks and putting it out for release. Truly can't wait to see what you deliver this summer at the festival!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 12/06/2023(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2023 22:04:25(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for the kind words and be sure that we're working hard to bring some Heat at the festival 😎

Love,

Cerys,

Edited by user 12 June 2023 22:14:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2023 04:22:34(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Allison: The lineup for the Bring the Heat Festival is going to be WILDDD i absolutely have to buy a ticket! Can't wait to hear 'The Secret Cove' live, you've explained all of these songs so beautifully and now I'm intrigued.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 19/06/2023(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2023 05:54:54(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

Dear Allison,

I'm glad you're interested in my music. Can't wait to share it with you all at the festival.

See you there! :)

Love,

Cerys
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
kandii on 20/06/2023(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#6 Posted : 28 June 2023 02:31:44(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

July is here, bringing guitars and Seashells...

[Pete Sullivan:] Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to have the incredibly talented Cerys Nyland back with us. We're here to discover the second part of her project, "The Secret Cove - July." This alternative rock album is filled with great tracks, and I can't wait to discuss them with Cerys. Welcome back, Cerys! How have you been since our last conversation?

[Cerys Nyland:] Thank you, Pete! I've been doing great. The response to the first part of "The Secret Cove" has been overwhelming, and I'm excited to dive into the second part with you today.

[Pete Sullivan:] That's fantastic to hear, Cerys. Let's jump right in and explore the tracks on "The Secret Cove - July"... The "The album opens with "Burning July." Tell us about that explosive start.

[Cerys Nyland:] Yes, actually "Burning July" is a high-energy track that embodies the heat and intensity of the midsummer month. It's about the passion and desires that arise during this time. I wanted to capture that fiery spirit...

[Pete Sullivan :] What a way to kick off the album! Looks like a kind of summer festival anthem, if you see what I mean (joking)

[Cerys Nyland:] (Smiling) Ahah, totally! I wanted a song that reminds me of this festival.

[Pete Sullivan :] We're talking about Bring the Heat, in Summerfield, Maryland.

[Cerys Nyland:] Yeah! I'm so excited! Can't wait to perform at FedexField.

[Pete Sullivan :] Really? Have you ever been to Summerfield ?

[Cerys Nyland:] hmmm, nope (laughing). You know, this is the first time I play in such a festival. This is a completely different exercice than a regular gig in front of your fans. You have to play in front of an audience awaiting bigger names....so you have to convince....more than usual.

[Pete Sullivan :] And "Burning July" was born...(laughing)

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely It was written with the intention of heating up the audience and bringing a cool energy. It's a fast-paced, feel-good track that aims to get people on their feet and dancing. I wanted to write a song to have fun with people there and leave Summerfield with great memories.

[Pete Sullivan :] That's so cool! Can't wait to see your performance.

[Cerys Nyland:] And the full lineup is cool!

[Pete Sullivan :] It is!! I'll be there!

[Cerys Nyland:] Ok Pete, I'll sing for you...

[Pete Sullivan :] (laughing) Let's get back to the album, if you don't mind...

[Cerys Nyland:]I don't mind. (laughing)

cover

[Pete Sullivan :] The second track is entitled "Incandescent Waves"... Very different from the first one. I heard it was recorded on a beach with the sound of the waves. Can you share the inspiration behind that song?

[Cerys Nyland:]Of course, "Incandescent Waves" is all about embracing the vibes of a lazy summer day. We actually took the recording process outdoors, setting up on a beach to capture the natural ambiance of the waves crashing against the shore. The song embodies that sense of relaxation and sunny bliss...

[Pete Sullivan:] Am I right if I tell you that this song is an "ode to lazyness"?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely. It is a quiet and lazy song stuck between the agitated opener, and the third track...

[Pete Sullivan:] The third track "In the Blazing Hours" is rather raw.

[Cerys Nyland:] Ah, this one's a wild ride. It tells the story of a young country girl, full of principles... going on holiday with her friends and getting caught up in the chaos. She starts losing control of her soul and her body, doing crazy and stupid things, much like during spring break, you know? It's a whirlwind of a track that'll make you raise an eyebrow and say, "Been there, done that, I deeply regret. It's a darker song compared to the other ones.

[Pete Sullivan:]....reminds me of my own holidays (Laughing)

[Cerys Nyland:] Oh really???

[Pete Sullivan:] Can't tell the whole story now....

[Cerys Nyland:] Write a song! (Laughing)

[Pete Sullivan:]Oh Maybe I should, ahah. I could also write one on the following subject.... "Strangers On The Towels" certainly sparks curiosity. Can you elaborate on the inspiration behind that intriguing track?

[Cerys Nyland:] well, it is an exploration of the connections we create with strangers while lying on the beach. It's about those fleeting moments of curiosity, imagining the lives of the people around us without truly knowing them. The song captures the sense of mystery and the transient nature of these encounters.

[Pete Sullivan :] Ah, the wonders of people-watching on the beach...

[Cerys Nyland:] Come on ! Everybody does it! (Laughing)

[Pete Sullivan :] I don't! (Laughing)
Now, "Emmie Goes Swimmin'" sounds like catchy song. Can you tell us more about it?

[Cerys Nyland:] "Emmie Goes Swimmin'" is an upbeat, rock track with indie surf rock influences. It's an homage to those carefree moments of diving into the ocean and riding the waves. The song aims to capture the pure joy of being in the water, embracing the summer spirit to its fullest.

[Pete Sullivan:] I really enjoyed this one. It was made to be released as a single, right?

[Cerys Nyland:] Thanks! (Smiling). And yes, this one should be released as a single.

[Pete Sullivan:] I can't forget to ask about "The Men Who Watched" featuring Daisy Monroe. The title itself sparks curiosity. Can you tell us more about the inspiration behind this collaboration and the meaning behind the song?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely, Pete. It is a song that delves into the experience of being a girl on a beach and the sometimes uncomfortable gaze of men around with their, well, naughty thoughts. Voyeurism, you know? The song explores the feelings of both vulnerability and empowerment, and how girls can navigate these situations with strength and confidence.

[Pete Sullivan :] It sounds like a powerful and provocative exploration of a common experience. The collaboration between you and Daisy Monroe must have been a creative whirlwind. How did the collaboration process unfold, and what was it like working together on this track?

[Cerys Nyland:] Working with Daisy Monroe was an absolute blast. It was like a party on the beach. We'd jam together, experiment with different melodies, and laugh our heads off. She brought this infectious energy...

[Pete Sullivan :] What was her contribution to the song?

t

[Cerys Nyland:] Daisy not only lent her killer vocals but also had some wicked ideas. She brought her own unique perspective and added depth to the lyrics. We wanted something that captures the essence of the song, something that says, "Hey, I see you looking, but guess what? I'm in control here." Daisy's a force to be reckoned with, and her contribution took this track to a whole new level.

[Pete Sullivan:] Alright, Cerys, let's talk about "Seashells in Pocket." I have to say, the title alone has me intrigued. So, we're talking about collecting souvenirs, huh? Tell me, do you have an uncontrollable urge to snatch up every shiny object you come across?

[Cerys Nyland:] Haha, well, Pete, I don't, but I do have a bit of a sentimental side. "Seashells in Pocket" is all about that need we have to hold on to physical objects as reminders of our experiences. Sometimes, we're scared to forget, so we pick up seashells, trinkets, and other mementos to keep those memories alive. It's a mid-tempo song about how our past shapes who we are.

[Pete Sullivan:] Ah, so you're telling me you've got pockets full of seashells right now?

[Cerys Nyland:] (checking her pockets): I knew....I knew you would Ask this question. I got one....here you go....a gift for you (laughing)

[Pete Sullivan:](speechless and a bit scared) Are you a Seashells maniac?
[Cerys Nyland:] Haha, noooo. But I do find it fascinating how these seemingly insignificant objects can hold such sentimental value for us. It's like a physical connection to a specific moment in time.

[Pete Sullivan:] Well, Cerys....are you suggesting we are now connected through this seashell you gave me??

[Cerys Nyland:] (serious) Yes Pete. We are.

[Peter Sullivan :] Gosh! This interview is getting stranger and stranger, ahah.

[Cerys Nyland:] Mystical, I'd Say!

[Peter Sullivan :] Now, "Emerald Empire" seems to draw inspiration from a trip to New Zealand. Can you give us a glimpse into the world of that track?

[Cerys Nyland:] Absolutely, Pete. "Emerald Empire" was directly inspired by my trip to New Zealand, years ago. Particularly the breathtaking giant ferns forests I encountered there. These forests felt like an impenetrable empire of emerald greenery. It's a tribute to the beauty of nature and the sense of serenity that comes from being surrounded by such majestic scenery.

[Pete Makowski:] That sounds absolutely captivating, Cerys. Now, "Hidden by the Sun" carries an intriguing title. This is a catchy atmospheric song ...

[Cerys Nyland:] "Hidden by the Sun" delves into the multitude of thoughts and ideas that bloom within our minds when we're kissed by the sun rays. It's a song that celebrates the creative spark that comes alive in the summertime, when the sun's energy ignites our imaginations and fills us with inspiration. It's about embracing that burst of creativity and allowing it to guide us on our journey.

[Pete Sullivan:] That's a beautiful theme, Cerys. And last but not least, we have "And the Nereids Shook the Reefs." That title certainly grabs attention. Can you give us a taste of what to expect from that high-energy track?

[Cerys Nyland:] We did not want to have an ending to these two albums...

[Pete Sullivan:] Yeah ..something like "We're going back to the continent" or "Good bye Summer"?

[Cerys Nyland:] ahah, exactly. This song came as a joke between me and the guys in the studio. We covered a wide range of themes and someone came with this Idea: " what about mythology?".

[Pete Sullivan:] wow....that is so....unexpected !

[Cerys Nyland:] (laughing) The funny part was me reading Mythology books at the library to find some inspiration ... And we wrote a song about the Nereids, who were legendary Nymphs living in the ocean...and They decide to go out and party all night long. It's a pure burst of energy.

[Pete Sullivan:] Mythology...is it something that usually brings you inspiration?

[Cerys Nyland:] Well, as much as many other subjects. Everyday life can bring inspiration, providing you find the extraordinary in the ordinary. The creation of an album is an exploration, and Myths can provide good ideas.

[Pete Sullivan:] Cerys, you've truly taken us on a journey with "The Secret Cove - July." It's an album that encapsulates the spirit of summer, with tracks ranging from high-octane rockers to introspective and dreamy tunes and the collaborations with Daisy Monroe add an extra layer to the project.

[Cerys Nyland:] Thanks, Pete! It's been a blast creating these two albums. I hope listeners can relate to the stories and maybe even find themselves in these songs.

[Pete Sullivan:] Well, Cerys, you've certainly delivered a great material that will have us rocking all summer long. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us and give us the inside scoop on "The Secret Cove - July." We can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.

[Cerys Nyland:] Thanks, Pete! It's been a pleasure. A european tour is planned After the festival. Stay tuned, I have some projects in mind, but a lot of work needs to be done before reaching what I want.

[Pete Sullivan:] Another album inspired by Summer?

[Cerys Nyland:] Ahah, one thing is certain: The Secret Cove is now behind me It'd not mine anymore. It belongs to listeners. And I'll find other ways and inspirations to develop my music.

[Pete Sullivan:] Thank you, Cerys, and enjoy your Summer!

[Cerys Nyland:] You too!

Edited by user 28 June 2023 04:54:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/06/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 06/07/2023(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#7 Posted : 11 August 2023 06:29:41(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

f

Cerys Nyland Returns to the Studio: New Album in the Works

Brighton, UK - August 10, 2023

Alternative rock sensation Cerys Nyland, hailing from the coastal town of Seaford in Sussex, is poised to set the indie scene abuzz once again as she steps back into the studio. Following the triumphant reception of her two-part magnum opus "The Secret Cove," the local artist is gearing up for yet another creative endeavor at the prestigious Brighton Electric Studios.

Cerys Nyland, known for her distinctive blend of raw sound and immersive lyrics, captured the hearts of listeners with her previous albums. Her unique sound and raw vulnerability catapulted her into the spotlight, carving a niche for herself in the competitive realm of alternative rock. With "The Secret Cove," Nyland masterfully delivered a sonic journey that resonated deeply with her audience, cementing her reputation as a promising artist within the industry.

However, Nyland is not one to rest on her laurels. In a recent statement, the artist revealed her intention to diverge from the sonic landscape she cultivated in her previous work. "Change is inevitable, and I believe that growth as an artist comes from embracing that change," Nyland shared. "My next album is a departure. It will explore a new territory, both musically and thematically."

The choice of Brighton Electric Studios for this forthcoming project only adds to the excitement surrounding the endeavor. Known for fostering creative innovation and nurturing artistic experimentation, the studio has been a breeding ground for some of the most groundbreaking albums in recent years. The synergy between Nyland's artistry and the studio's dynamic environment is undoubtedly a recipe for musical magic.

Fans and critics alike are left eagerly anticipating what Cerys Nyland will unveil in her upcoming album. As the songstress ventures into unexplored musical realms, one can only imagine the sonic tapestry she will weave and the emotions she will evoke. Brace yourselves for a musical trip like no other, as Cerys Nyland readies to take us by surprise...again?

Writer: Maia Gelaspi
[email protected]

Edited by user 11 August 2023 07:52:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 11/08/2023(UTC), erich hess on 12/08/2023(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/08/2023(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#8 Posted : 06 September 2023 07:29:23(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

t

Jimmy Saunders: (Excitedly) Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to "Another Late Show"! Our next guest is a sensational talent hailing from the picturesque shores of UK. Her new album "Shenanigans" is already causing a stir. You might remember her last album "The Secret Cove - July," which flew off the shelves with a whopping 4.5 million sales worldwide. Critics hailed it as a turning point in her career, and now she's back with a bold new direction.

Please give it up for...for Cerys Nyland! "A Feast of Hyenas"

[The stage is dimly lit, with a single spotlight focused on a young, fierce female artist. She stands center stage, gripping her green stratocaster guitar with a look of determination. The crowd buzzes with anticipation.]

first

[Nyland starts to play the opening chords of "A Feast of Hyenas," her fingers moving skillfully along the fretboard. The driving and gritty guitar riffs create a sense of urgency.]

[As she begins to sing, her voice is a mix of vulnerability and defiance, matching the lyrics perfectly.]

Cerys Nyland: (Singing with grit)
"Wounded Heart
Bleeding scars
Hyenas circling
Craving their due
..."

[With each word, her voice gains strength, and her body sways to the rhythm. She stands still, in the middle of the stage, locking eyes with the audience.]

"You Filthy dogs
Come here to me
Your hunger grows
Under my heels
I feel your claws"

[As the song progresses, her guitar riffs become more intense, the notes shredding through the air like a storm. Her fingers dance on the strings, creating a mesmerizing sound.]

y

Cerys Nyland: (With fiery determination)
"Teeth bared wide
Circling Closer
Sinister tide
You scent my pain
And you taste my fear
And you taste my flesh
I won't relent"

r

[Her intense plaintive screams echo through the venue, matching the intensity of the song. She's pouring her heart and soul into every word.]

Artist: (Screaming)
"And you think I'm prey,
An easy feast,
Your stench on me,
Your poison words,
Infect my ears..."

[The crowd is captivated, swaying to the music, caught in the whirlwind of emotions the artist is unleashing.]

[As the song reaches its climax, the artist's guitar riffs become a torrent of sound, and her screams pierce the air.]

Cerys Nyland: (Sobbing, but singing fiercely) "I won't relent,
There'll be no feast,
No I won't relent,
There'll be no feast, I won't relent, You ugly beasts,
I won't relent,
No I won't relent..."
(Repeating till the end)

[The final chords of the song ring out, and the stage lights flash brightly, engulfing the artist in a blinding aura of raw energy. The crowd erupts in thunderous applause and cheers.]

Jimmy Saunders: (Excitedly) Wow! That was absolutely electrifying! Cerys Nylan, everyone! Thank you for that incredible performance!

[Nyland, visibly drained from her emotional performance, smiles and waves to the cheering crowd before exiting the stage]

(Crowd applause)

[The Another Late Show stage is alive with energy as the audience's applause and cheers fill the room. The camera pans to the charismatic TV Host, Jimmy Saunders, standing at his desk.]

[Cerys takes a seat on the leather sofa next to the host's desk, smiling warmly.]

Jimmy Saunders (grinning): Cerys, welcome to the show! It's so great to have you here.

Cerys Nyland: Thanks, Jimmy! It's a blast to be here.

Jimmy Saunders: Now, let's dive right into "Shenanigans." This album is a real departure from your previous work, especially "The Secret Cove." Tell us about this new sound and what inspired it.

Cerys Nyland: Well, Jimmy, I've always believed that music should be about reinvention. "The Secret Cove" was a fantastic journey, and I'm really proud of it, but I wanted to challenge myself and explore different territories. "Shenanigans" is a mix of blues and punk, and it's all about desire and its strange manifestations.

Jimmy Saunders: Oh, intriguing! The album's songs are raw and intense, like "Cuffs," where the desire to possess someone seems to overpower love. Are these songs autobiographical, or are you a master storyteller?

Cerys Nyland: (chuckles) I'm definitely more of a storyteller, Jimmy. I love creating characters and weaving their stories into my music. It's like being a musical author, crafting tales of desire and longing.

Jimmy Saunders: That's a fascinating approach! One of the standout tracks is "A Feast of Hyenas." It's both alluring and menacing. Can you share the inspiration behind it?

Cerys Nyland: "A Feast of Hyenas" is about that paradox where you're drawn to someone, but at the same time, you see them as a wild pack hunting their prey. It's a primal, raw feeling, and I wanted the music to reflect that with those intense guitar riffs and screams.

Jimmy Saunders: And then there's "His Feet." A rather unusual topic, I must say. Can you shed some light on that one?

Cerys Nyland: (grinning) "His Feet" is about a unique kind of addiction, a fascination with a lover's feet that's so strong it compels the character to follow them everywhere, even down the streets.

Jimmy Saunders: (laughs) That's definitely a fresh perspective! Now, "Hurry, Will, Hurry" is a more plaintive track. What's the story behind it?

Cerys Nyland: "Hurry, Will, Hurry" tells the story of a woman longing for her lover's return. He left, promising to come back with money to help her and her son. It's all about that ache of waiting and hoping.

Jimmy Saunders: Your album's themes are undeniably unique, Cerys. Before we wrap up, I have to ask, do you personally experience any of these strange manifestations of desire?

Cerys Nyland: (grinning mischievously) Well, Jimmy, I like to keep some mystery in my life. But I will say, my inspiration comes from a deep well of imagination.

Jimmy Saunders: (laughs) Fair enough! Now, before you go, Cerys, any last words for your fans and, of course, a shoutout to your hometown of Seaford, UK?

Cerys Nyland: To my amazing fans, thank you for your support, and I promise to keep surprising you with my music! And to Seaford, you'll always be my rock! Cheers!

[The audience erupts in applause as the TV Host and Cerys Nyland exchange warm smiles while Jimmy introduces the next guest, coming After a short break]

Edited by user 06 September 2023 14:48:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
2001clay on 06/09/2023(UTC), erich hess on 06/09/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/01/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/01/2024(UTC)
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#9 Posted : 05 January 2024 02:42:48(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

Cerys Nyland : Premiere New Single and Music Video "Burn The Saints"

Title : Burn the Saints
Artist: Cerys Nyland
Genre : Alternative Rock

INT. MYSTERIOUS CHAPEL - DAY

A dimly lit chapel stands in eerie silence. The air is thick with tension. CERYS NYLAND, a fierce and revengeful woman, stands at the altar, singing and playing her electric guitar with fiery determination.

The song offers a simple wistful melody built with a succession of electric guitar chords.

g
t

CERYS
Bedraggled saints
looked down on me
Mocking smiles upon their faces
They never witnessed
A bride so wow
Yet prayers
Can't help me now

The camera captures Cerys's intense gaze as she recounts the pain of her past. Flashbacks reveal a violent husband, and it becomes clear that the saints blessed a union stained with brutality.

g

CUT TO:

FLASHBACK - WEDDING CEREMONY

The saints, with their deceptive smiles, bestow blessings upon the couple. Cerys, in her wedding dress, conceals the pain behind her eyes.

h

CERYS
Promises whispered
And vows
Written in tears
And so many memories,
Shot down in flames

I learned from you
How to hide
And Love
Never tastes so foul
That moment
When you kissed the bride

CUT BACK TO:

INT. MYSTERIOUS CHAPEL - NIGHT

Cerys's fingers skillfully dance on the guitar strings, emphasizing the bitterness in the lyrics. The chapel's haunting atmosphere intensifies.

h
g

CUT TO:

FLASHBACK - SHATTERED PROMISES

Cerys stands alone in an empty chapel, representing shattered promises. Cerys watches as her dreams crumble, realizing the cost of love.

g
g
CERYS (V.O.)
Wedding ball garlands
Belong to the past
As promises shattered
Thrown onto the pyre
Prayers, tossed and scorned
And now I learned that
Love has a cost

CUT BACK TO :

During this instrumental part, Cerys is seen with candles, Vision of fire lights Cerys revengeful spirit.

j
ll
d

CUT TO:

Cerys, fueled by anger and defiance, takes a canister of gasoline and pours it around the chapel. The flickering flames of candles reflect in her determined eyes.

h

CERYS
In the Holy Kingdom
They all know my name
They heard my cries
Softly hurled
Saints silently watched
From above
While God,
Looked away

The camera follows her as she drops a candle on the gasoline-soaked altar, setting the chapel ablaze. The fire dances around her, symbolizing the destruction of a painful past.

y
r

Burn the saints, oh, burn them down now
No more bruises, no bridal gown
Be blessed with gasoline
No more sorrows, burn them down
Smash their halos
Burn the saints
Who blessed this day

t
f

CUT TO:

INT. MYSTERIOUS CHAPEL - DAY

We see Cerys playing the last riffs of the song and whispering the last lyrics.

(Whispering)
Burn the saints
Who blessed this day

h

FADE OUT:

The music video ends with the chapel consumed by flames, and a close-up on Cerys standing outside, liberated from the shackles of her past.

g

FADE TO BLACK.

Lyrics :

Bedraggled saints
looked down on me
Mocking smiles upon their faces
They never witnessed
A bride so wow
Yet prayers
Can't help me now

Promises whispered
And vows
Written in tears
And so many memories,
Shot down in flames

I learned from you
How to hide
And Love
Never tasted so foul
That moment
When you kissed the bride

Wedding ball garlands
Belong to the past
As promises shattered
Thrown onto the pyre
Prayers, tossed and scorned
And now I learned that
Love has a cost

In the Holy Kingdom
They all know my name
They heard my cries
Softly hurled
Saints silently watched
From above
While God,
Looked away

Burn the saints, oh, burn them down now
No more bruises, no bridal gown
Be blessed with gasoline
No more sorrows, burn them down
Smash their halos
Burn the saints
Who blessed this day

(Whispering)
Burn the saints
Who blessed this day

Edited by user 08 January 2024 17:30:41(UTC)  | Reason: Premiere New Single and Music Video "Burn The Saints"

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Cerys Nyland for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 05/01/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/01/2024(UTC), erich hess on 17/01/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 17/01/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 16 January 2024 21:10:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Amy Meyer: I absolutely adored this music video and track, Cerys. It's got such an early/mid 00's alt-rock feel to it and we all know I've never really grown out of that phase. When something like this comes along, it definitely does stoke a fire underneath my ass. Love anything that feels slightly alternative to what we've heard over the last few years and you're an artist that is definitely doing that. Great work as always!
Offline Cerys Nyland  
#11 Posted : 17 January 2024 02:29:01(UTC)
Cerys Nyland

Subject: Re: Your Kind Words and Support

Hi Amy,

I hope this email finds you well! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on my latest music video and track. Your words mean a lot to me, especially coming from someone whose work I've admired for so long.

It's incredibly humbling to hear that the vibe of the video resonates with your alt-rock nostalgia. Your ongoing passion for music is truly inspiring.

Speaking of inspiration, your career has been a constant source of admiration for me. Your dedication to pushing boundaries and staying true to your choices is something I've always aspired to.

I'm curious about your current studio sessions – how are they going? Any exciting projects in the pipeline? I'd love to hear more about your creative process and the magic happening in the studio, eheh.

On a personal note, I've been brewing some ideas for future projects, and I can't help but imagine how incredible it would be to collaborate on a song together, if you're interested.

Kind regards
Cerys N.
UserPostedImage
Online erich hess  
#12 Posted : 17 January 2024 12:01:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: well...she may lack the çorpse paint, laughably blasphemous lyrics,and absolutely dog shit production of black metal,but.. cerys is metal as fuck.that was great
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 17/01/2024(UTC)