logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#61 Posted : 14 July 2009 09:38:10(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
for the last time, do not go off-topic... 1 day ban for both of you... enjoy
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline The Nimrods  
#62 Posted : 14 July 2009 09:46:41(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
for the last time, do not go off-topic... 1 day ban for both of you... enjoy

Please don't ban me but isn't that a little harsh like seriously.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Rincewind  
#63 Posted : 14 July 2009 10:41:13(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

nope... It was way way way off-topic and was contributing nothing whatsoever to the debate... If you want to talk about how old someone is, or what they do, go to off-topic and start a thread there, or better yet pm them. its what its there for...

FROM NOW ON. with no exeptions off-topic debate in this forum will not be tollerated at all. If you have a problem with this. Pm me don't respond with a complaint or argument, or you will just have it deleted and possibly be banned for a couple of hours or maybe a day....

anyway... I do think the conspiracy theories do have some merrit... SImply because the towers came down far to easily and in far to neat a fashion.....
and im just like:
Offline Captain Insano  
#64 Posted : 14 July 2009 11:46:16(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Well, I dont know about 'too neatly' but they came down easily because you have a several hundred tonne aircraft (passengers, baggage, fuel) slamming at high speeds into the buildings, you have the resulting vibrations that can weaken the main structural points through out the building, you have aviation fuel which is extremely flammable and burns like a motherfucker ( i dont know what sort of firewalls the buildings would have but under these circumstances the catastrophic nature of the incident probably would have rendered them useless and radiant heat would have been able to spread further) then you have the weight of the top section of the building collapsing onto the already ruined bottom half of the building. Your talking about hundreds of tonnes of concrete and steel collapsing on top of the other sections of buildings. To me that seems a pretty reasonable explanation as to why they came down as they did. I am no civil engineer but common sense can tell you these things.

I am definately no fan of conspiracy theories...they are just mere theories that cant be proved, they always crop up after major incidents like this.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline sav  
#65 Posted : 14 July 2009 13:14:47(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
Well, I dont know about 'too neatly' but they came down easily because you have a several hundred tonne aircraft (passengers, baggage, fuel) slamming at high speeds into the buildings, you have the resulting vibrations that can weaken the main structural points through out the building, you have aviation fuel which is extremely flammable and burns like a motherfucker ( i dont know what sort of firewalls the buildings would have but under these circumstances the catastrophic nature of the incident probably would have rendered them useless and radiant heat would have been able to spread further) then you have the weight of the top section of the building collapsing onto the already ruined bottom half of the building. Your talking about hundreds of tonnes of concrete and steel collapsing on top of the other sections of buildings. To me that seems a pretty reasonable explanation as to why they came down as they did. I am no civil engineer but common sense can tell you these things.

I am definately no fan of conspiracy theories...they are just mere theories that cant be proved, they always crop up after major incidents like this.

witnesses said that there were other explosions apart from the impact of the plane. and some people that know about this stuff said that it was like a demolition; the buildings can't fall down just like that leaving nothing but dust. i support that idea; i think there were explosives inside the buildings.
by the way, the only thing they found was a passport from one of the "terrorists" that were in the plane. and it hadn't got even a scratch. yeah, that is possible.
Offline sharinganerror  
#66 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:11:49(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
very simple post: 1. conspiracy 2. still don't care to this day(yes I'm an asshole) 3. AYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline Captain Insano  
#67 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:22:37(UTC)
Captain Insano

Well, if it was a controlled explosion as claimed, debris should have been confined to a relatively small area consisten to way such demolitions are done. Then why were nearby buildings damaged (at least one was ruined) from debris from the impacts and subsequent collapse?

One thing you could perhaps explain to me...as you support the theory that the US wanted to go to war in a previous post (correct me if I am wrong(...why would the government cause such a tremendous loss of life and suffering just to engage war when it could have simply lied and made up stories. There are much easier ways of going about things that causing mass loss of life and devatastion just to get something.

Edited by user 14 July 2009 14:25:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline sharinganerror  
#68 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:41:50(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:
Well, if it was a controlled explosion as claimed, debris should have been confined to a relatively small area consisten to way such demolitions are done. Then why were nearby buildings damaged (at least one was ruined) from debris from the impacts and subsequent collapse?

One thing you could perhaps explain to me...as you support the theory that the US wanted to go to war in a previous post (correct me if I am wrong(...why would the government cause such a tremendous loss of life and suffering just to engage war when it could have simply lied and made up stories. There are much easier ways of going about things that causing mass loss of life and devatastion just to get something.

What if the explosives were built into the twin towers themselves? What if it wasn't exactly the U.S. who wanted to bring them down? FYI The U.S. WOULD cause that tremendous loss of life to engage war. WAR=MONEY/MONEY=WAR MONEY(somewhat)=EVIL/EVIL=WAR Look at fidel castro, hitler, mussolini, NIMROD!!(the person) They all caused that to get something, power. Our government has always wanted power, if they wanted, they'd lead all of the country to the slaughter if total world conquest was possible. Gladly, it isn't, at least not for awhile.

Those are my thoughts, disregard as you feel you must.
Offline The Nimrods  
#69 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:43:00(UTC)
The Nimrods

sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

What if the explosives were built into the twin towers themselves? What if it wasn't exactly the U.S. who wanted to bring them down? FYI The U.S. WOULD cause that tremendous loss of life to engage war. WAR=MONEY/MONEY=WAR MONEY(somewhat)=EVIL/EVIL=WAR Look at fidel castro, hitler, mussolini, NIMROD!!(the person) They all caused that to get something, power. Our government has always wanted power, if they wanted, they'd lead all of the country to the slaughter if total world conquest was possible. Gladly, it isn't, at least not for awhile.

I hope by the person you mean the biblical person.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline sharinganerror  
#70 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:43:43(UTC)
sharinganerror

The Nimrods wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

I hope by the person you mean the biblical person.

yes I do.
Offline Captain Insano  
#71 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:46:06(UTC)
Captain Insano

sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

Those thoughts you are entitled to.
UserPostedImage

Offline sharinganerror  
#72 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:47:55(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

Why, thank you, your great Modship...
Offline The Nimrods  
#73 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:48:56(UTC)
The Nimrods

sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

He'ss not a mod

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline sharinganerror  
#74 Posted : 14 July 2009 14:50:46(UTC)
sharinganerror

The Nimrods wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

He'ss not a mod

HES NOT?!!!
WHY?!!!
TELL MEH!!!!
OMGAWSH!! NOWAY!!
IMPOSSIBLE!!
HE'S LIKE... THE COOLEST ON THE MEASURE OF BIKZNESS HERE!!
Offline Rincewind  
#75 Posted : 14 July 2009 22:06:28(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

the USA has always needed a big bad wolf figure throughout its history. Someone they can point to and say we need to protect ourselves from them. After 11/09 it was the Arab's turn...

there is also the huge debate about tower 7...
and im just like:
Offline Gildermershina  
#76 Posted : 14 July 2009 22:22:27(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
there is also the huge debate about tower 7...

That one is a mystery, but as a former architecture student, I understand how structure works and the majority of the conspiracy nuts focus on ideas like "the fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel" ignoring the obvious fact that steel weakens and bends when hot, well below melting point, or eye witness accounts that people saw explosions in other places, as if the eye witness accounts of such an event could ever be impartial and untainted by emotion, trauma, the reality of the situation.

There is no way the American government, as shady as it is, would ever commit such an act, although it is true that they milked it for all it was worth. Invasions, securing oil and resources, overseas rebuilding contracts, private military opportunities. Perhaps if people shut up about "if you watch the footage in slow motion you can clearly see George W. Bush's face in the smoke!" then maybe they'd spend some time objecting to the ongoing war profiteering efforts.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Captain Insano  
#77 Posted : 14 July 2009 23:25:04(UTC)
Captain Insano

Thats what I wanted to say...eye witness accounts are generally unreliable.

In any case, if those fires are burning long enough that itself is going to seriously weaken the main structural colums. When one important colum received sufficient stresses on it, others begun giving way, this progressed all the way to the top floor, the load of your building has shifted enough and then BAM! There goes your building. The sprinkler system shat itself so there was basically no water to fight fires because it was susceptible to failures at many points. Fires were burning from floors six right up to floor thirty. Firefighters couldn't do their job properly because of this.
UserPostedImage

Offline Instead of the Everyday  
#78 Posted : 17 July 2009 09:02:58(UTC)
Instead of the Everyday

cam wrote:
I just want to point out something to Instead of the Everyday: RUSSIA STOPPED BEING STALINIST NEARLY TWENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO

Oh and awesome, the nuts have come out, as they will any time you try to have an actual serious discusion about the tragedies that occured on that day in 2001on the internet. For fucksake.

Uh, I know that. If you didn't notice, I also alluded to Idi Amin in Uganda in the same sentence, and that was the seventies.

And also, while we're on the topic, Russia stopped being Stalinist when Stalin died in the '50s. His eventual successor, Krushchev (some came before, but they are blips on the radar) reversed MANY of Stalin's programs and policies.

So, what now?

I also fail to recognize how some of the recent posts (that are on topic) represent "the nuts". As far as I'm concerned, Gildy, Rincewind, myself, and others have replied with better content and quality than you, my friend.
Instead of the Everyday is:

Mike Hurley (Vocals / Guitar)
Kevin DelGaudio (Guitar)
Sam "I am" Winters (Bass)
Rob Palladio (Drums)
Anton Pierce (Keybords)

UserPostedImage

IotE is signed to M/M Records
Offline Pg_Tips  
#79 Posted : 17 July 2009 10:24:38(UTC)
Pg_Tips

Man

tough call on 9.11
its sad that it happed, but lets face it the memory of the three thousand or so people who died has been more than marred by the appalling response from Both the USA and their lapdogs the UK,.
The Uk should have known better, we have extensive knowlage and a good history of suffering from terrorism ourselves, and as always force does not work, it just breeds new recruits. Just look at the IRA or ETA..
*may have anger issues... be carefull*

UserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#80 Posted : 17 July 2009 10:33:24(UTC)
cam

Instead of the Everyday wrote:
Uh, I know that. If you didn't notice, I also alluded to Idi Amin in Uganda in the same sentence, and that was the seventies.

And also, while we're on the topic, Russia stopped being Stalinist when Stalin died in the '50s. His eventual successor, Krushchev (some came before, but they are blips on the radar) reversed MANY of Stalin's programs and policies.

So, what now?

I also fail to recognize how some of the recent posts (that are on topic) represent "the nuts". As far as I'm concerned, Gildy, Rincewind, myself, and others have replied with better content and quality than you, my friend.

Really. Seriously. The nuts. You don't know what that refers to? Which ever bozo it was who started throwing in conspiracy theorist drivel, that's who the nuts are. Because they are insane. Doesn't mean they can't put forward eloquent arguments or anything. I was not labelling Rincewind or Gildermershia as such nuts because they didn't make nutty contributions. I don't think you did either actually. There's a difference between a crazy post and a shit post, which is what you can argue mine was.

And OK, if you really want to argue semantics, yes THE SOVIET UNION (Russia only being one part of that, since we're debating semantics) stopped adhering to the cult of personality built up around Stalin after Kruschev came to power and his famous speech to the CPSU Party Conference, so I was incorrect in my assertion that Russia was a Stalinist until the Soviet Union finally fell. It was me using it as a catch-all term because I didn't really want to use either socialism or communism for varying reason. I should have fallen back to the classic Marxist-Leninism.

I should also point out that I've gone back and read your original post. I don't even know why I got so enraged, I can't see anything particularly wrong with it. So actually when I said my post was arguably shit, I think it's fair to say it's without any doubt shit in that light. Hmmmm. Wonder what crawled up my arsehole that day.

As for point about what I could contribute to the thread, I do think I added something waaaay back in the last post of Page 2. The problem is that I don't have much to say on the 11/9 thing really. It was massively shocking, hugely tragic and very sad. It further reinforced my loathing of religion. But as far as the topic goes, which was originally "What do you think we should do?" I really don't care. I mean I just think there's much bigger things to be concerned with. Like the the things that caused the 11/9 attacks to occur in the first place. Like the rather shambolic and clumsily dealt with aftermath. I can talk about those. I just can't talk about "should people still be mourning about it", because that's an entirely personal decision. I personally didn't mourn when that attack happened, nor the Bali bombing, the London bombings or any other terror attacks, I felt shocked and surprised, tried to empathised with others pain but I certainly didn't mourn. But I'd not deny that to other people if they felt they needed to still mourn. I'd only ask them not to allow their grief to get caught up in cheap jingoism.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage