logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2009 02:06:08(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
This isn't really a topic about whether s/he exists or not... But assuming s/he does exist, Does s/he deserve our respect / worship?

in my opinion no... Simple because According to the bible s/he has killed personally 2,270,365+ Humans... Not including The flood or Sodom and Gommorah
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/godkills.htm
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2009 02:19:52(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Besides that, if you do one little thing against him, you'll suffer eternal fire in hell.
That doesn't seem much loving.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2009 02:52:32(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Thats is quite untrue. If you repent ask for forgiveness, there is not a sin in the world that will not be forgiven. The criminal on the cross next to Jesus was the first example of this. He had done many bad things, but repented to Jesus and Jesus told him that he would see him in Heaven. The other criminal spat in Jesus' face and a crow landed on his cross and pecked his eyes out. "Ask and you'll be given, seek and you will find."
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline forkboy  
#4 Posted : 28 August 2009 04:03:53(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
asdf wrote:
Thats is quite untrue. If you repent ask for forgiveness, there is not a sin in the world that will not be forgiven. The criminal on the cross next to Jesus was the first example of this. He had done many bad things, but repented to Jesus and Jesus told him that he would see him in Heaven. The other criminal spat in Jesus' face and a crow landed on his cross and pecked his eyes out. "Ask and you'll be given, seek and you will find."

That only applies to the Christian God.
Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2009 05:40:38(UTC)
asdf

Man

Well, I assumed that was who we were talking about. But it also apply's to the the ASDFism God too.

Offline The Nimrods  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2009 08:53:29(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Wow according to this god is racist, he killed 1 million Ethiopians, the most people he killed at one time and every last one was black.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Raphaela  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2009 10:34:05(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

asdf wrote:

So if a guy rapes and kills 10 women in his life, but accepts Jesus later on, he'll go to heaven.
And I'll go to hell for being an atheist and never accepting Jesus in my life.
Now that's fair.
I own:

Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 28 August 2009 10:41:28(UTC)
asdf

Man

I dont know how it works, exactly. No one does, but it says if you repent God will give a second chance. If you beg for forgiveness on your death bed, its not the same, you have to ask for forgiveness and then show that you mean it by living a better life afterwords. The Bible doesnt explain everything, but it gives the gist of things, so its like a warning and people like your self tend to ignore the warnings. When your in Hell, then I will laugh...hard.

Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 28 August 2009 19:50:36(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
asdf wrote:

So if a guy rapes and kills 10 women in his life, but accepts Jesus later on, he'll go to heaven.
Now that's fair.

I'm not a Christian, but my ex-girlfriends dad was a priest, and he told me that you can only recieve forgiveness if you really mean it. You can't just ask him. He'll decide whether you truly mean it or your just saying it to get into heaven.

And about the atheist thing, only idiots and born again christians believe that. In my opinion and my ex's dad's opinion god will understand your doubt and if you've lived a good life and have done what you truly believe in you'll still go to heaven.

Plus, about the flood and shizz, we all sit here saying oh dear he can't do that, when most of us in other threads have said 'mass extermination of all bad people is the only way' *cough* forkboy *cough*. So maybe the guy's just a realist.

/sticking up for religeons I don't believe in.
Offline Gildermershina  
#10 Posted : 28 August 2009 20:51:10(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
asdf wrote:
I dont know how it works, exactly. No one does, but it says if you repent God will give a second chance. If you beg for forgiveness on your death bed, its not the same, you have to ask for forgiveness and then show that you mean it by living a better life afterwords. The Bible doesnt explain everything, but it gives the gist of things, so its like a warning and people like your self tend to ignore the warnings. When your in Hell, then I will laugh...hard.

Yeah but who says the Bible explains anything at all. Maybe the first ever issue of Spider-Man is closer to the truth of God. You're just taking the word of your elders that the Bible is the correct version of things, even though much of its wilder myths have been scientifically disproven, leaving only a nice message which actually doesn't require belief in God at all. Hard-line christians act like without following Jesus, you must be a sinning, evil monsters. Truth is, I don't steal, I don't commit adultery, I don't kill (hell, I even rescue spiders and insects rather than kill them like most people), I don't do drugs, I don't drink alcohol, if anything - if only I went to church I'd practically be a model Christian. I don't do those things because I think I'll be rewarded with eternal life, I do those things because I believe them to be the right things to do. Does that make me better than a Christian? Yes, yes it does.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 28 August 2009 21:00:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
asdf wrote:

Yeah but who says the Bible explains anything at all. Maybe the first ever issue of Spider-Man is closer to the truth of God. You're just taking the word of your elders that the Bible is the correct version of things, even though much of its wilder myths have been scientifically disproven, leaving only a nice message which actually doesn't require belief in God at all. Hard-line christians act like without following Jesus, you must be a sinning, evil monsters. Truth is, I don't steal, I don't commit adultery, I don't kill (hell, I even rescue spiders and insects rather than kill them like most people), I don't do drugs, I don't drink alcohol, if anything - if only I went to church I'd practically be a model Christian. I don't do those things because I think I'll be rewarded with eternal life, I do those things because I believe them to be the right things to do. Does that make me better than a Christian? Yes, yes it does.

No it doesn't. It makes it worse, god knows that you could be a good example and you choose to refuse his word which according to the bible makes it much worse. Since you are entitled to your opinion and you will stick with it, I'm not going to try and "debate" with you on this, but all I have to say is that you would only understand when you give your life to Jesus. Me I'm not setting you a good example as a Christian, but hey we are all not perfect that's why Jesus is up there to forgive you. I got to church often but sooner or later I'm going to go every time because I know he may be coming soon and I want to be save. I also want others to be safe and I just feel so bad.
Offline Aj  
#12 Posted : 28 August 2009 21:13:43(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
'No human is perfect, but that is why the lord put us on earth and not in heaven.'

- quote from the reverand in GTA at Francis or Derricks funeral :)

Plus, can I say, all that shit saying refusing his word is bollocks, I'm not refusing it, I'm just keeping my options open.

Human's are incredibly arrogant to think we can understand whatever made us. We think we can control other people by writing books explaining everything, but you cant explain EVERYTHING. :) My opinion on the matter of god.

Offline forkboy  
#13 Posted : 28 August 2009 21:59:17(UTC)
forkboy

stephaniewazhere wrote:
No it doesn't. It makes it worse, god knows that you could be a good example and you choose to refuse his word which according to the bible makes it much worse. Since you are entitled to your opinion and you will stick with it, I'm not going to try and "debate" with you on this, but all I have to say is that you would only understand when you give your life to Jesus. Me I'm not setting you a good example as a Christian, but hey we are all not perfect that's why Jesus is up there to forgive you. I got to church often but sooner or later I'm going to go every time because I know he may be coming soon and I want to be save. I also want others to be safe and I just feel so bad.

Any God who places murdering dicks who are all repentant over genuinely good people is not worth worshipping. That's ultimately the bottom line. I couldn't be a Christian even if I believed there was a God. But I don't, so I don't have to worry about that.
Offline Raphaela  
#14 Posted : 29 August 2009 01:41:36(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:

So Steph, you're basically saying that it doesn't matter if you follow 90% of "God's rule", if you don't believe him in the end, you'll get fucked up anyway?
I own:

Offline sharinganerror  
#15 Posted : 29 August 2009 03:54:37(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
asdf wrote:

Now that's fair.

wrong raph, if he REPENTS he'll go to heaven. That means turn from sin in every way, but we all know and God knows that because we are man, it is impossible to complete this task. It's written in the Bible that God knows our hearts intentions and couldn't give a shit about our minds. If what our heart wants is to be forgiven, and is willing to turn from sin despite knowing it cannot, he will forgive us.
Offline forkboy  
#16 Posted : 29 August 2009 03:54:39(UTC)
forkboy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/...rld/americas/8226165.stm

Philip Garrido is going to heaven so long as he says "sorry" because he has faith!

Yeah, God's despicable. (As with all posts in this thread unless I state otherwords I'm throwing out my belief that there is no God and just assuming there is for the sake of chuckles)
Offline sharinganerror  
#17 Posted : 29 August 2009 03:57:23(UTC)
sharinganerror

asdf wrote:

In a way actually, it does explain everything, like alot of great Christians have said, it's all in the interpretation of which we accept the Bible. It just depends on the person. Well, I dunno about any of us laughing that others are in hell, but if God allows it, I will mock every last one of the atheists alive when the end comes.
Offline sharinganerror  
#18 Posted : 29 August 2009 03:59:33(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8226165.stm

Philip Garrido is going to heaven so long as he says "sorry" because he has faith!

Yeah, God's despicable. (As with all posts in this thread unless I state otherwords I'm throwing out my belief that there is no God and just assuming there is for the sake of chuckles)

God's despicable because you say he is, yet you deny others their right of opinion, making excuses like he murdered so-and-so, or he did this or that. I for one have the greatest respect and awe for God, even if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't go around saying he's despicable just because I know why he did all of those things and have no ill-will towards any of it.
Offline forkboy  
#19 Posted : 29 August 2009 03:59:59(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
wrong raph, if he REPENTS he'll go to heaven. That means turn from sin in every way, but we all know and God knows that because we are man, it is impossible to complete this task. It's written in the Bible that God knows our hearts intentions and couldn't give a shit about our minds. If what our heart wants is to be forgiven, and is willing to turn from sin despite knowing it cannot, he will forgive us.

Of course, this is contradictory, because well, our intentions are formed in our mind. I mean the heart is merely a metaphor, all it is in reality is a muscle that pumps blood around our body. If we want to be forgiven then no matter what our crime then we will be forgiven, apparently. I mean there are plenty of cases of murderers, rapists and other individuals feeling genuinely regretful for their acts. That doesn't stop their acts from being appalling.

It's how we act that should matter in a moral society. And we should act morally because to act immorally affects other people in a negative way. That's how I live my life. Treat others as I'd want them to treat me. And why? Because I want them to treat me with respect. And so I live a reasonably moral life simply because it's the right thing to do, not because of some mystical threats.
Offline sharinganerror  
#20 Posted : 29 August 2009 04:02:24(UTC)
sharinganerror

Raphaela wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

So Steph, you're basically saying that it doesn't matter if you follow 90% of "God's rule", if you don't believe him in the end, you'll get fucked up anyway?

Well I think steph may have not exactly worded that right, but I know that if you don't believe in God and try to at least to follow his word faithfully, you'll live a more fulfilled mortal life, but in the end you won't get that acceptance without salvation, it's like paying for something and not asking for a receipt, no refunds.