logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#21 Posted : 26 April 2011 22:52:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
5) If I Said I Loved You, Would You Hold It Against Me (6:23)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
Track five is an extremely soft and mellow acoustic song about love, the lyrics can perhaps be a little too soppy at times as Brandon draws out a map of what the future could hold. “I Know Your Independent/Or At Least You Try To Be/I Know Your Smile Is Worth A Thousand Words But There’s One Word You Can’t Seem To Say To Me/You Live Your Life Like You Want It To Be/If I Said I Loved You, Would You Hold It Against Me.” As he sings in soft tones to the point where it almost becomes a whisper, no need for anything other than the acoustic guitar on this track and Brandon’s emotional vocals manages to carry the song all the way to the end, which at over six minutes long is no mean feat. “I Could Tell You A Lie/Just To Put A Smile On Your Face/But That Wouldn’t Be Right Because It Would Be Out Of Place/I’ll Tell You The Truth But It May Hurt For Sometime/At Least For Now Your Love Will Be Mine.”
As the song comes towards it's end, the acoustic guitar and piano combination provide the emotion and beauty of the song and mix perfectly with Caulfield heartbreaking vocals as he sings from every part of his soul and quieries just why love is so important.
And with a sigh of relief the song ends.

Songwriters Comment
I wrote this song in 2009 I believe. I think for a lot of songwriters, you always find your real life creeping into your work and that’s no different for me, I find that even without knowing it, a song will quickly turn from just a song into almost a memoir and with this song in particular, I wrote it without the thought that this is about me, you know and then when I finished writing the song, I played it to myself and I was really surprised at how it somehow became one of the most honest songs I’ve written about something happening in my life. So yeah, the story behind the song is pretty basic really, when your young, the worry about the word I love you is so over-dramatised and I was a little younger at the time and there was this fear about saying I love you to someone and have them not say it back, it’s all pretty dumb now looking back at it but it made for a pretty good song. And it's a song that I'm extremely pleased with, it's always great when you hear a song and it takes you back to a place and time in your life that you have memories of, be it good or bad memories it's still always pretty nice to get back to that place.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Damien Rice - Cannonball
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#22 Posted : 28 April 2011 01:14:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Wow....amazing! I'm going to be purchasing this album in June, I have a lot of respect for you and you seem to not take yourself too seriously, which is attractive. But your talent is amazing either way, keep doing your thing man!

OOC: You did an outstanding job with these track descriptions. Good job :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#23 Posted : 28 April 2011 01:55:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: Wow....amazing! I'm going to be purchasing this album in June, I have a lot of respect for you and you seem to not take yourself too seriously, which is attractive. But your talent is amazing either way, keep doing your thing man!

OOC: You did an outstanding job with these track descriptions. Good job :)

Brandon: Thank you, that really means a lot.

OOC: Thanks, I'm pretty happy with them and it's nice to get good feedback :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 28 April 2011 02:16:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

6) Bounty Hunter Beauty (4:02)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
Track six is a song about falling in love with someone you shouldn’t and tells a story of a guy falling in love with someone sent to possibly assassinate him with the opening line, “She Broke In Through The Window/With A Switchblade And A Gun/She Cornered Me In The Bedroom/And Told Me Not To Run/Do Your Worst Is What I Said/Your Worst Ain’t Good Enough/And As I Gazed Upon Her Face/I Knew I’d Called Her Bluff.” A sudden chance of pace in the song begins as the attempted assassination turns into a love story. It’s one of the loudest songs on the record, perhaps with the exception of tracks ten and eleven, the guitar is very melodic and the drums are quite powerful providing the perfect backdrop for Brandon’s mix of soulful softness and growling rocker vocals and the anger and frustration is there as he asks in the song, “Why Do I Love You/When You Were Sent Kill Me/You Don’t Have Any Answers/But Baby You Still Thrill Me.” And the song ends with several drum beats each getting softer and softer as time passes.

Songwriters Comment
“This is quite a different sort of song for me, it’s quite hostile and it’s a pretty angry song as the lyric explains, the guy in the song doesn’t understand how he can fall in love with someone sent to kill him and it’s just way too tough for him to figure it out, he doesn’t like it because it’s a feeling that he doesn’t seem to be used to and he’s kinda angry about it but he can’t seem to stop himself from falling for this girl. I wrote this song around December 2010, I actually wrote the beginning of the song at the DB hotel and Hannah added the line, “And As I Gazed Upon Her Face/I Knew I’d Called Her Bluff.” Which I thought was a great line, we did initially plan on doing the song together as a duet but it didn’t really happen, it just didn’t seem like a duet song so when I went out to Indiana to record part one of the album, I finished the song and even recorded it for part one but I decided not to include it and I recently decided to change the lyrics slightly and include it in part two, it’s a complex sort of song but it’s different and it’s something I’m quite proud of.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
The Who - Love Reign O’er Me
Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 29 April 2011 03:13:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

7) Kiss Me Out Of Desire (Not Out Of Guilt) (5:11)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The song opens with a soft mystical piano introduction which last for almost 30 seconds before Brandon Caulfield begins singing, “When Your Pretty Brown Eyes, Pierce Me/Like A Gunshot In The Dark/Everything Feels Out Of Place/As You Ignite The Spark/A Feeling I Ain’t Felt Before/A Feeling I Can’t Resist/You Lean Over To Me With Those Golden Tones/And Attack Me With Your Lips.” and already you have a feeling that Caulfield is singing this song with a smile on his face, it’s light hearted but beautiful at the same time as the singer talks of the most desirable person in his life, and if you read closely into the lyrics, there is a chance that he could be singing about a person some of us may be familiar with but there aren’t any name checks in the song.

The soft piano warms your heart with it’s twinkly and dreamy tones as Brandon sings the chorus, “Your Beauty Is Clear And I’d Never Tire/you’re The One Who Could Put Out The Fire/But I Have Only One Small Wish/Please, Please, Please, Kiss Me Out Of Desire/Not Out Of Guilt.” and this song is the first on the album that makes real use of the backing vocals provided by session musician Sarah Jade Harrison as she adds, wistful, “Oooh Oooh Oooh’s” and “Aah, Aah, Aah’s.” to the soft song, perfectly matching the piano’s backing and Brandon’s singing for the song. As it ends with four, extremely soft piano keys.

Songwriters Comment
“This is the newest song from the album, I wrote this one more recently, I think in early February I wrote this song and it’s a pretty little song, well I think it is anyway, I really liked it and it makes me smile when I play it which I think is a nice change from some songs. I don’t wanna give away too much about the song and who it’s written about although I think it is pretty obvious and if people wanna guess then they can feel free but it’s quite obvious when you read into the lyrics, it’s just a love song really and it’s soft and it’s nice and I like to think that it makes you feel warm when you listen to it, I personally look for feeling and emotion in music, that’s what I want, I wanna hear a song that makes me feel something in the pit of my stomach, be it good or bad if it makes you feel something, anything then it’s a good song, certainly in my opinion anyway. People go into listening to music in a different way which is fine but I generally wanna hear something that makes me feel something very real and I do when I listen to this song which is all I really ask of myself.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Eels - All The Beautiful Things

OOC: I've kinda surprised myself with these, I didn't think I'd be able to keep up with the one track per day thing but it's going well :)

Edited by user 29 April 2011 03:13:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#26 Posted : 30 April 2011 03:21:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

8) Working On A Mystery (3:03)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The soft dulcet tones of Caulfield return to the fore once more for track 8, Brandon sings of confusion and love once more, a recurring theme perhaps. But with a slight difference, the acoustic guitar providing the introduction to the song “When You Are Here, I Can’t Help But Feel So Warm/But Now That Your Gone, I’m Just Sat All Alone/You Burn Through My Heart Like Wild Fire Once More/You Write Me A Note And Slide It Under My Door/And As I Smile/It Says To Me/I’m Working On A Mystery.”
As the music continue’s to play softly and free, he let’s out a sorrowful and somewhat lonely voice, as he questions his own feelings, “And Nothing Is Happening In My Lonely Life/I Can’t Seem To Let You Out Of My Head Tonight/You’ve Gone And There’s No Sign Of You Coming Back Home/I Get A Letter And It Says I’m Better Off Alone.” And at 3 minutes long, the song is perhaps the only real likely candidate as a single but it remains to be seen. As the soft acoustic guitar continue’s to play during a break from lyrics, it’s beauty is evident as you can hear every little sound of the guitar, it may not be perfectly produced with layers but it’s rawness and beauty is what makes this song as endearing as it is and if you listen really closely to the song, you can even hear Caulfield’s breathing towards the end of the song providing a slightly haunting feeling to the music.

Songwriters Comment
“This is just pretty bizarre to me, I like the song but when I listened to it back for the first time, I was like what the hell, how did I get in the mindset to write this, it’s pretty unusual, I can usually put a story to each song that I was written, I can usually explain what I was feeling when I wrote each of my songs but with this one, it’s just a complete blur, I guess it’s just one of those things but I have no clue as to what my mindset was and how I was feeling when I wrote it, I don’t even remember when I wrote the song or where I wrote the song, I was looking through a box of old stuff and I came across this torn piece of paper with the lyrics written on it and I was just like, “where the hell did that come from.” but I sat with an acoustic guitar and tried to find the right music to go with the lyrics and the song sort of took on a new kinda life, from almost not existing it became a song I was pretty fond of and I just had to include it in the album and at 3 minutes long it’s pretty short from my standards but it’s an easy song to listen to, you don’t have to use your mind an awful lot when you listen to it, but yeah, It doesn’t really have a story.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Ryan Adams - Memories Of You
Offline infinite135  
#27 Posted : 30 April 2011 03:38:02(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
You're so fucking awesome, Brandon! Shame I haven't noticed these songs earlier, because they're all superb. You're one of my favorite singers out there, mate.

-Eric Quillington

OOC: You're doing a great job with this, man! :)
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#28 Posted : 30 April 2011 03:55:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

infinite135 wrote:
You're so fucking awesome, Brandon! Shame I haven't noticed these songs earlier, because they're all superb. You're one of my favorite singers out there, mate.

-Eric Quillington

OOC: You're doing a great job with this, man! :)

Brandon: Woah! that's a pretty huge compliment, thanks, it means a lot.

OOC: Thanks, I've enjoyed doing em. :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#29 Posted : 01 May 2011 00:54:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

9) Finding Meaning (Running Down A Dream) (7:11)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
This song begins with a soft piano backing and soft drumming, accompanied by Sarah Jade Harrisons quiet “La La La La.” backing vocals and it’s quickly clear that this is a slightly more positive and upbeat number although it’s pretty clear that Brandon doesn’t do an awful lot of upbeat songs, as Brandon sings, “When You Whispered Out To Me/This Is How It’s Meant To Be/I’ve Found My Calling, Found My Place/So Watch My Smile Fall Into Place.” it’s clearly something a little different compared to previous songs from this record and pretty much everything else he’s released in his short career.
As the music becomes slightly louder, the drums begin to overplay the piano and Brandon begins to raise his voice for the first real time on the record, perhaps ever considering his quiet nature, but his lungs upon up as he sings, “Today I’m Finding Meaning/I’m Finding What Life Means/Today I’m Finding Meaning/I’m Running Down A Dream/Things Falling Into Place/I’m Running Down A Dream.” but don’t get me wrong, we’re not talking ACDC type decibels, he’s still keeping things pretty meek and tame because that’s who he is and that’s why his music is becoming so endearing because it’s the softness and emotion in the voice that has begun to draw people in and the Songwriting is the perfect accompaniment with this guy. He likes sorrow and he feeds off of darkness and the fact that he’s still pretty much an unknown quantity, well that just adds to the mystery and intrigue.

Songwriters Comment
“I’m really quite fond of this song in particular, it’s not so depressing which I think is a nice change from me to be honest, I think I’m quite good at being lonely and sad so it’s always nice when I come up with something a little more joyous and upbeat, I think it’s a good change for me. This song was written around October 2010, I think things were starting to look like happening for me in terms of a future in music, I had spent the previous two years playing in café’s for free and on the street but I was asked to support this band, I don’t even remember their name and from what I’m aware, they didn’t become particularly big but I was asked to perform as a support at a gig which had more than 500 people which was a crazy big moment for me back then because the biggest audience I played to before then was maybe 60 at a push so it was like wow, this could be a good chance for me and then thinks started moving from there really and this song came during this period of time, I felt like something was on the horizon and I was in a pretty positive mood and that’s pretty much how I wrote the song. Hope you guys enjoy.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Radical Face - Welcome Home
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#30 Posted : 01 May 2011 01:03:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Can you be any more great? :D On Track 9, I feel like the song is gonna be that song in the record, that isn't given much attention, but its going to be one of the greats! I like the idea of it being upbeat for a change, it shows, that you have variety and that's important. It doesn't distance itself from the record, but it's quite unique. I really don't know what else to say other than its amazing this album of yours!

OOC: I never thought about doing the whole "sounds like/similar to" but it is indeed a good idea. If only I could find songs that sound like the ones I conjure up in my head :P
By the way, amazing job, the best RP in a while in my opinion.
Offline C4AJoh  
#31 Posted : 01 May 2011 01:19:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: Can you be any more great? :D On Track 9, I feel like the song is gonna be that song in the record, that isn't given much attention, but its going to be one of the greats! I like the idea of it being upbeat for a change, it shows, that you have variety and that's important. It doesn't distance itself from the record, but it's quite unique. I really don't know what else to say other than its amazing this album of yours!

OOC: I never thought about doing the whole "sounds like/similar to" but it is indeed a good idea. If only I could find songs that sound like the ones I conjure up in my head :P
By the way, amazing job, the best RP in a while in my opinion.

Brandon: Wow thank you for that compliment, it means quite a lot that people are even acknowledging it's existence, I thank you again.

OOC: Yeah that's been one of the trickier parts and like you I think it's a really good idea and I feel that it enhances the roleplay a little more and gives a good idea of what I'm going for, but it's pretty tricky to find songs that fit and like track 9 although lyrically and theme wise it's pretty different and not particularly similar I chose it because it's the kind musically it's similar to what I had in my head, I dunno if people were even checking out the video's but I just thought it would make things a little bit better, dunno if it's worked though.
And thanks that means a lot, I Kinda feel like I've learned quite a lot since I came here, I never really had interest in writing very much but this website kinda drew out this new "obsession" with writing stuff. Thanks again.
Offline C4AJoh  
#32 Posted : 02 May 2011 23:55:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

10) Fighting For A System Built To Fail (5:26)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
This is perhaps the angriest song on the album and makes a change from the wallowing loneliness that we’re now somewhat familiar with, Brandon sings about war and an unusual topic by his standards, this is territory he hasn’t yet involved himself with as a songwriter but he seems to be letting his frustrations out, “We’ve Tried To Find A Way To Resolve All Of Our Problems/But One Thing Is Pretty Damn Clear To Me/Love Is The Most Powerful Tool On This Earth/So Why Can’t You Just Let Things Be.” he snarls into the microphone. Backed by the piano and drums during this song.
The music continue’s as Brandon takes a break from vocals before he returns with, “We’re Waging Wars And Closing Doors/We’re Heading To The Seas And Setting Sail/But We All Know … /WE’RE FIGHTING FOR A SYSTEM BUILT TO FAIL!!!.” He yells into the microphone with nothing but anger and frustration as the song begins to soften towards the end, he takes a step back from the microphone and allows the music to finish the song with around 50 seconds of instrumental music.

Songwriters Comment
“This is a very quiet and sombre record and I think that this song was included because it’s something different, it touches on a topic that I generally refuse to tackle and I attempt to stay away from but this is it, I just sat down and started writing and this is what came out, It was written in February this year and it’s different from what else is on the record. If you know me then you’ll probably be aware that I tend not to raise my voice, it’s not part of me but on this track I just felt like it should be let loose in this kinda way, with every single part of my body, perhaps in a similar way to when John Lennon recorded the vocals for Twist And Shout. I just felt like this was the song to show a different sort of side to the music and it was a good release to just let loose. I think the song still fits into the album although it is slightly different from the previous tracks. I was very happy with how this song came out and I think it’s one of the stand out tracks, I think it’s message can be interpreted in many different ways and that’s a good thing, I know the real message behind the song but I won’t be explaining that part of the song because it’s better for people to make their own judgements.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Bright Eyes - Road To Joy
Offline GirlSpice  
#33 Posted : 03 May 2011 02:11:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: I have to say, this latest track is my favourite... the anger and the yelling could be something to do with it? Hmm... ;)

OOC: Love how consistent you've been with all of these, great job!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline C4AJoh  
#34 Posted : 03 May 2011 02:13:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

GirlSpice wrote:
Glamazon: I have to say, this latest track is my favourite... the anger and the yelling could be something to do with it? Hmm... ;)

OOC: Love how consistent you've been with all of these, great job!

Brandon: Thanks, I'm glad you like it, your a little crazy but in a good way.

OOC: Thanks :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#35 Posted : 04 May 2011 00:10:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

11) What Side Are You On? (3:17)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
This song begins with electric guitars and drums and becomes clearly the most rock oriented song on the album, with it’s tone a lot louder and brash as the previous tracks, it focuses on volume a little more than beauty and emotion but it shows Brandon has rock tendency’s and although it may be a little tricky to label him to one genre it’s clear in this song that the rock frontman could very well be a possible future role for our brooding singer. “Your Torn Between Two Lovers/And You’ll Hide Underneath The Covers/You’ll Make A Choice/Then Change Your Mind And Then Your Gone/I’ll Ask You Once More/What Side Are You On?.” providing the backdrop to the lyrics remains the electric guitars and Brandon shows off a side to him that we haven’t really seen so far with a brief guitar solo mid-way through the song. His vocal range is a lot more powerful in this track in particular and I can’t help but see a future Rockstar being born on this song in particular, whether this is his preference or maybe he prefers the more acoustic and softer side to music remains to be seen. But he’s in full Rockstar mode with this track.

Songwriters Comment
”I Wrote this song in 2008, I was in my hometown in Seattle at the time and I was just sort of managing to continue living, there wasn’t really anything going on at this point in my life, I was sort of gradually working on music and I met up with this guitarist guy called Adam Watson, he was this session musician from Seattle and he caught me performing on a street one day and he got in touch and told me to drop by this tiny little studio for a jamming session, so we hung out and jammed a bit and it was alright but then he said “Hey, do you write lyrics.” I said yeah and he told me he didn’t, well he couldn’t he just had no ability lyrically, so he asked me to stay a little long and see if we could come up with a track, anyway I think I wrote the majority of this song on that one day and I never saw the guy again, I worked on the track in the next couple of days and it turned into this song. When I jammed with Adam, we used these Gibson Les Paul’s which wasn’t who I was, I could play them but I preferred acoustic because it’s obviously a softer thing, anyway we jammed it the song quickly became this sort of modern type of Zeppelin kinda thing, musically it is pretty far from what I’m used to but it was great fun creating the song and I’ve played it live a couple of times and it’s good to just let loose and I feel I can do that with this song.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
The Features - Temporary Blues
Offline Moquel  
#36 Posted : 04 May 2011 10:15:40(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
' Brandon Brandon! Can I say, an amazing album?"
- Radio Vine
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#37 Posted : 04 May 2011 21:38:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Moquel wrote:
' Brandon Brandon! Can I say, an amazing album?"
- Radio Vine

Brandon: Well thank you Ms.Vine that's very kind of you.
Offline C4AJoh  
#38 Posted : 05 May 2011 01:44:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

12) A Whiskey And A Smile (Hides My Sorrow For A While) (9:11)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
Track number nine is essentially a nine-minute Loveletter to both a place and a person. The song begins with a soft piano introduction which lasts for the first 40 seconds until Brandon finally begins to sing, “When We Were Young/We Used To Be So Unafraid/So Childish And Free/When We First Met/We Were So Small/We Didn’t Know Nothing/Nothing At All/But As Time Goes By/I’m Sat All Alone, Just Me/In The Place That We Shared/With No Company.” he sings with that trademark softness with the air of regret and sadness as he looks back on how things were and how things could have been for him now.
The song continue’s with the softness up until around the 2:11 mark where the drums and guitar are introduced into the song to add a bit more aggression as Caulfield begins to sing more with anger and frustration “And Now That You’ve Gone/There’s No One To Fill In Your Place/I’m Just As Lonely As Ever/And I Don’t Wanna Show My Face.” And as the music begins to soften a little again, it’s time for the chorus, “But Now I’ll Learn To Move On/It May Take Some Help/And I’m Going Out Of Style/Because A Whiskey And A Smile/Hides My Sorrow For A While.” He sings with enough emotion that you can begin to hear his voice start to crack a little, it adds to the beauty of the song and gives it a more human touch.

A rather lengthy instrumental break comes after the chorus in the form of the piano which takes the song over the 4 minute mark before Brandon starts to sing again, “The Amount Of Times I’ve Tried To Leave/But I Just Can’t Seem To Find A Reprieve/I Make My Decision And Then I Change My Mind/I’m Just Searching For The Loving Kind.” The guitar and drums come to the fore again as the chorus returns. “But Now I’ll Learn To Move On/It May Take Some Help/And I’m Going Out Of Style/Because A Whiskey And A Smile/Hides My Sorrow For A While.” as the song comes up towards it’s final section he begins to gloss over what has previously been said, as he start repeating himself “When We Were Young/We Used To Be So Unafraid/So Childish And Free/When We First Met/We Were So Small/We Didn’t Know Nothing/Nothing At All/But As Time Goes By/I’m Sat All Alone, Just Me/In The Place That We Shared/With No Company.” before adding to it slightly, “I Need Some Company/I Really Do/I Need Some Company/That’s Reminds Me Of You.” Another chorus repeats and the song plays out softly with the twinkling piano keys and a breathy vocal from Brandon.

Songwriters Comment
“I wrote this song last year. It’s written about a friend of mine called Isabel, she passed away 3 years ago and it was on the anniversary of her death. I’m recording in Elizabethtown, Indiana and this is where we used to go, we first came out here when we were 16 and then every chance we got we used to come out here and it was sort of like our own little place, something we shared together and I drove out here on the anniversary of her death and sat for 2 days straight on this river bank where we used to sit together, I ended up writing this song but I just couldn’t figure out how to finish it, that’s the real reason why it’s over nine minutes long. I think it’s quite different from the previous songs on the record, the previous songs have all had just one primary feeling but with this track it has a mix of everything really, It has anger, reminiscing about happiness, loneliness, frustration and so on. It’s a song I’m pretty fond of.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Ryan Adams - Come Pick Me Up

OOC: Woooo finally finished it lol, let me know what you thought, hope it wasn't a total waste of time.

Edited by user 05 May 2011 01:45:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#39 Posted : 05 May 2011 02:36:17(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: So, yeah... this is pretty damn amazing.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#40 Posted : 05 May 2011 02:37:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Really good man. Wouldn't expect any less though.
UserPostedImage