logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

200 Pages«<128129130131132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#2581 Posted : 14 July 2013 06:21:42(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Reported Failure: Rocks Biggest Sellouts
By The Punk Rock Defender
UserPostedImage

According to Business Insider eleven of the nineteen most expensive real estate markets in the United States are located in the state of California with the top six spots taken up by different cities in California. The study is based off of average listed prices for homes. Los Altos, California takes the top spot at an average price of 1.7 million dollars. This 1.7 million, of course is not near at all to the most expensive house in Los Altos or in the country. The most expensive house in Los Altos is a 27 million dollar mansion that only the most elite in the music industry could even dream of owning. The most expensive house in the United States goes to Greenwich, Connecticut's 190 million dollar home that looks like something straight out of the latest Great Gatsby remake. In California, the most expensive real estate market outside of the LA and San Francisco area is likely Santa Cruz. in the sea of overprividged corporate giants, worthless inheritees, and manipulative, big breasted gold diggers, in early 2012 formerly significant and legitimate rockstars joined the Santa Cruz real estate business buying a home right on the beach.

In March of 2011 Matt Collins was living with his parents or out of his car, and a year later he had purchased a 3.7 million dollar home on the beach in Santa Cruz, California. Vin Peters was struggling to build a record label out of nothing at a cheap office in Sacramento, California, and a year later he not only bought an 800,000 dollar home in neighboring Capitola, California, but also moved the labels headquarters to Santa Cruz's ocean facing commercial district by summer 2012. Billie Beckett had been renting an apartment in Seattle and then briefly in Berkeley. By Fall of 2012 he was living in a 2.5 million dollar home in a neighborhood near Collins's home. Robert Edwards was living in England at the beginning of 2011 and by the time Beckett moved to Santa Cruz, Edwards also bought a small apartment there.

Thus the band whose biggest hit in money-making 2011 was "Manufactured Radio" about the greed and fakeness of the music industry had, by the songs one year anniversary gone on to become the exemplary rags to riches punk band. Some might say that this is just chance and that the band became successful, had money, and then spent it on nice houses like anyone would. It is estimated, however, that Reported Failure's real estate ventures in 2012 cost roughly 8 million dollars. Meanwhile no financial records show the band donating more than 500,000 thousand dollars to major charities collectively. Between the four members of the band over 8 million dollars has been present on their own houses and personal hobbies but only 500,000 has been given to help those in need.

Reported Failure hasn't just not given to charity, but the way they became so successful in 2011 is also questionable. In Manufactured Radio the prechorus goes "So when you breathe fuck or sleep I hope you know that youre doin it for me/Every note you’ve sang, that was me/And your words, I wrote them for you/So you can be the radio". Reported Failure infact became not only the most successful rock artist on radio (Spawning six #1 songs on airplay in the past year) but also had their actions dictated by an intense desire for money.

Most bands release an album each year, and they earn their money by touring relentlessly and expanding their fanbase so that they can do it all again next year. Not Reported Failure. Just months after the release of the now ironic "Post-grunge Catastrophe" the band released a premature Best Of double disc called "Reported Failure and Friends". It featured one disc of songs from their career thus far plus two lazily written new tracks (Its no wonder you never hear about Reported failure putting on a show by playing hits like "My Shotgun Fairytale" or "Sunburns": because they were awful songs). The other disc was them and other bands playing various Reported Failure songs together and a couple of awful covers. This was a calculated move. What pop-punk band had a single ten times bigger than any single by Reported Failure at the time? Riot! in the Boulevard. Who was on Vin Peters's label and thus would be featured on anything Peters told them to? Riot! in the Boulevard. Who did Reported Failure choose to appear on the lead single from the album? Riot! in the Boulevard. Another big rock act was Lily so she appeared on two tracks. The album thus managed to sell close to two million units and had extremely low recording prices because Reported Failure didnt make anything new for it.

Then came another release that year. They called the "My Name is... EP" a prequel or preview, but unlike movie previews this one would cost you five dollars to see. Instead of just put the songs on their next album "Darkness" Reported Failure released the EP separately. Another calculated, planned move was hiring Jason Smith to produce the EP. Vin Peters is an accomplished producer who does not need guidance or help, but Vin Peters was just the guitarist from Reported Failure. Jason Smith on the other hand was the single biggest rockstar and producer in the world at the time. Whose name could Reported Failure now strap onto an otherwise typical, dare I say boring release? Jason Smiths. The unnecessary EP with the unneeded producer was released and sold almost four million copies. With a relentless marketing campaign sparked by exaggerated scandals and the bands public image as "getting darker and more mysterious" Reported Failure managed to become a multi-million dollar a year business.

This business was smart. The album "Darkness" was supposed to be released in February 2012 but was pushed to July. Why? Because the band realized that when the hype of an impending album dissipated so did singles sales. "Manufactured Radio" was the first single and most successful single from "post-Grunge Catastrophe" and after the first single from the bands fifth album "Crumbling" debuted at number one the band wanted to keep that going so rather than give the fans a timely release the band released two more singles before the album came out and even spread false rumors that they would break up to build hype. The three singles released before the release of "Darkness" debuted at #1. The one single released after the album only ever reached #3.

Thus Reported Failure is not the shining beacon of rock and roll integrity that they are portrayed as. They are in fact exactly what they complained about two years ago in "Manufactured Radio". Every move since the release of that single has been calculated and planned not for the benefit of the fans or the music industry but for the benefit of Reported Failure in the form of income. For the past two years Reported Failure has been acting with only their income in mind. They stopped making modest punk records and started pushing giant concept albums that were easier to advertise. They left their modest indie label and joines the biggest money making machine in music, Studio 60 Records. They left their calm, creative homes and spent upwards of 8 million dollars on beach front houses. They left the life of a legitimate band and became rocks biggest sellouts.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 5 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 14/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 14/07/2013(UTC), Matticus on 18/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2582 Posted : 14 July 2013 06:40:39(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: I'd like to know where it states artists aren't allowed to splurge with their money and buy whatever the fuck they want. They earned it so who cares what they buy! One day, I'm gonna buy a unicorn, will I sell out too CU? They worked with a money making machine in Studio60 Records, AND? Oh my god, just let them bask in their success. I swear, you're a sellout if you even find success these days.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 14/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2583 Posted : 14 July 2013 06:51:46(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17935 time(s) in 10425 post(s)
Erich: fuck giving to charity. Those swindlers will rob you blind. Personally,I donate my time along with money. I can see where It goes.

Erica: which is more of a sellout..having money and using it....or having it and pretending to be broke and "real".?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 3 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 14/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#2584 Posted : 15 July 2013 03:29:03(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Punk Rock Defender: its ok for artists to enjoy success but its not ok for artists to betray what they had previously stood for and done and what their fans expect from them.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline kandii  
#2585 Posted : 15 July 2013 04:12:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Love Triangle Gone Wrong !
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Emerald Black and Mariko Kobayashi fighting over Nina Tarantino .

Nina Tarantino , ( AKA Rum from the PBR&B duo , Rum & Coke ) , and Emerald Black , ( An Industrial Pop singer known simply as Emerald ) , have been dating each other for a good 2 months now . Things looked solid , but on the inside things were very dysfunctional . According to Emerald , Nina was very dramatic , even to the point where she broke her phone for flirting over twitter . Turns out Nina's not only messing it up with her overreactions , but about a week ago she was seen making out with Mariko Kobayashi inside a club and later seen going into a hotel with her , not leaving until 8:30 that morning . Strange that 2 days later Emerald was seen leaving bloody Mariko on the sidewalk as Kobayashi waited for the ambulance . That's when she gave out that completely false story , " I was drunk and fell on a bottle . " More like Emerald was drunk and hit her with the bottle . Now here we are 3 days later and what has happened ? Emerald Black was rushed to the hospital just yesterday because according to the story Tarantino told the police , After Nina and Mariko showed up at her house to sit down and talk this mess over , Nina decided that right now wasn't a good time for her to be dating anyone and after breaking down in tears , Emerald ran to the kitchen and stabbed herself , while looking at Nina saying , " My life is worthless without you . " No word on Emerald's state , but she has not been pronounced dead , just as far as we know , she has lost about 2 pints of blood before she was even made it to the hospital . Though do you really think Emerald would stab herself ? Yes , she seems a little mental but , would she go that far over Nina ? Tell us what you think .
thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
FiveT on 15/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 15/07/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#2586 Posted : 15 July 2013 05:00:12(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Alec: .... Who?
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
kandii on 15/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2587 Posted : 15 July 2013 05:20:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: This sounds like on Twilight when Bella said she "fell down stairs and out a window".
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 15/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 15/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2588 Posted : 15 July 2013 07:59:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

nina:damn,what DOES nina have betwixt those legs,gold?

erica:i dont know,but it must be good. seriously.

nina: she should charge people for glances. " oh,you have cancer,love? check out my crotch. it'll cure it!"

erica: she would have to have something to counteract emerald's crotch. even i wouldnt touch that with pol pot's tongue.

nina:pol pot,love?

erica: yeah. hitler and stalin are played out.

mariko: emerald needs to grow up. i could accept nina not wanting to date anyone.she should too. personally,i think emerald needs help,like real help. mood swings and violence...it isnt cute.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#2589 Posted : 15 July 2013 08:22:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 7608 post(s)
Billy: Where the fuck are Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle when you need them?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline FiveT  
#2590 Posted : 15 July 2013 08:28:34(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
A NEW LOVE FOR THE TEEN TITAN DEN

UserPostedImage

He split up with radio speaker and actor Kegan Dawson a month ago, but the Teen Titan Den Walnut doesn't seem to have given up on love after being spotted out of a restaurant with a new guy the last Thursday and after a few researches, we have soon found out that he's the actor and model Adam Black, brother of the singer Emerald Black, who's signed to the label that the owned by the Teen Titans themselves, Titanic Records.
A few sources told us that the couple met with a meeting Adam's cousin, Britney Black, with the Teen Titans Den and Tanya for a deal with their label. Apparently, the two boys liked each other so much that one of the sources even told us to have seen the two kissing and hugging in the restroom of the restaurant where the meeting had taken place. Rumors also suggest that Adam was seen at the wedding of Den's bandmate Martina Downtown with her fiance Nate Alexander on Friday.
So will this new relationship last or will it end up like last time for the Teen Titan? We'll see.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 2 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
kandii on 15/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2591 Posted : 15 July 2013 08:28:42(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica: but billy,nina and mariko would have to be related and wanting date emerald's pet iguana.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#2592 Posted : 17 July 2013 13:26:56(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Mannequin Religion: Are they worth the hype?

UserPostedImage

Most of us here at Culture Uncut are familiar with a new band that is surfacing from the water named Mannequin Religion. Well, I'm not quite sure we can call them new. The best friend duo of Matt Urie and Nicole Woods are currently on the road supporting Pop-Punk/Alternative heavyweights Calling Captain on the Hot and Harmonious tour, which we have seen about four times. It would appear that the ex Suburban Sunrise rockers are off to a great start, they are showing off their music on tour, just released what has been praised by many as "a breath of fresh air" but, are they really a breath of fresh air? Or are they a silent cancer that sits dormant for awhile before completely crushing it's host(in this case the host being the music industry.)

Now, you might be asking yourself, "what does this mean?" or "where did this idea come from?". The answer is quite simple actually. The duo has already been in the music industry and swore that they would never be back. Well, they are back. They re being praised highly for their debut single titled "one." which even I will admit is a good song to jam out to in the car while on a long drive, but based off of what I saw at their live show, that's all they have going for them. That, and the fact all the guys on tour with them just want to fuck the shit out of Nicole. I know that an article was posted on this website earlier this month praising the duo for their "amazing set" and amazing new songs. As I said, from their live show I was not impressed. It's the same fabricated bullshit that we got with the last two albums from Suburban Sunrise. Apart from "one." the rest of the songs sound like a terrible rip off of their former band.

I liked Suburban Sunrise back when they released their second and in my opinion best album titled "Torn. Filthy. Love." But quickly after that release it's easy to say that the band went in a complete downward spiral into a never ending abyss. If you listen to what their new songs sound like, it is apparent that they are just trying to mooch off of Suburban Sunrise's 10 seconds of fame. Honestly, with all the hype surrounding this band at the moment I would expect more from such "veteran" musicians.

Is this band worth the hype? Absolutely not!

What do you think? Is Mannequin Religion going to surprise me? Or will they bomb as bad as I feel they will? Sound off below!

OOC: I felt like doing something different, maybe this could become a full time thing? Let me know what you think :)
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked MATTT for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 17/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 17/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 17/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/07/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2593 Posted : 17 July 2013 17:46:01(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai Rollins: I also just want to fuck the shit out of Nicole. Just saying, likes.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#2594 Posted : 17 July 2013 22:31:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica: doesn't matter. They are fucking ADORABLE! They can do no wrong. Erica decrees this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2595 Posted : 18 July 2013 03:47:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia Volkova sings a two album deal with Chaos Records FINALLY?

After so many speculations regarding Julia’s contract with Chaos Records, finally the official announcement came from Julia’s press office this morning. We’ve been asking them since the first rumors of Julia leaving Chaos last month started to popping across the internet and they informed us that whenever Julia would sing or not with Chaos or any other label we would be the first to know about it.

And yes we are the first to officially announce Julia’s renew contract with Chaos for another two album deal plus a greatest hits and two world tours. Isn’t that enough for you? Well the amount of advance money Julia’s manager asked were quite impressive despite we don’t have access to that information for sure, but closer sources claim that it was around 15 million dollars just to keep being manager under Chaos licensing.

The fact is that maybe Scott knows to recognize their artists, even though Julia might be thankful for Chaos hiring her when she had just left her former band. Now we guess that the situation is solved, Julia is signed again and plans for her to tour the rest of year is already on the works of Chaos and Julia’s managers.

Another record can be schedule for the following year or perhaps by the end of this year, that we can’t confirm, but we can say with 100% of sure that Chaos will be publishing Julia’s music for a longer period of time from now. Bellow you’ll find the last paparazzi captures of Julia in L.A. where she remains rehearsing and preparing to kick off her tour by the end of this month, she was also seen frequently on the phone and receiving friends visits on her apartment in L.A. we don’t want to name names, but Alex Simms is one of the people who frequently visits her.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 18/07/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 18/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 18/07/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2596 Posted : 18 July 2013 05:47:01(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Sonnets and Novellas announce plans to release debut EP
Chaos Records Triple Threats winners set to unveil their first release

UserPostedImage

Chaos Records' Triple Threat winners Sonnets and Novellas have announced that they are set to start streaming tracks from their debut five-track EP, Illusions, as of Monday (July 22nd) on the band's official website, with the CD and digital release to be available on Saturday July 27th from Chaos Records.

The Parisian five-piece won the European section of Chaos Records' Basement Jam contest in May, which saw them, along with Escape Artists Never Die and Miss Way awarded contracts with the major record company. While their compatriots have elected to quickly get singles onto the shelves while they are still fresh in the mind of listeners, Florian Lefevre's five-piece post-hardcore prog mob have gone about things in a far more methodical way, preferring to wait until they had more to offer.

"I felt that putting a single out straight away was just an easy option for us," front man Lefevre told Culture Uncut. "It is no sleight on the other two bands who wanted to do this, that is fine for them, but I would feel weird if we had put one song out there and then disappeared for a number of months again. Besides, our crazy music is better enjoyed in chunks like this. I feel a record is almost like a living being, and to break it down into little parts like that is a bit....not Sonnets and Novellas."

Ever since their win, Sonnets and Novellas have been tipped by many as the most promising of the three bands, with a little bit more experience on stage and in the studio under their belt. In their five years as an unsigned act, they released four EPs - one of which was exclusively in French - and performed at a range of France and Belgium's top festivals, including the likes of Pukkelpop, Graspop and Groezrock. Since putting their name on the line with Chaos though, their collective mind has been focused on getting music out and into the ears of listeners.

"I always believed in grasping opportunities," Lefevre adds. "Life is about making most of the chances you are given and not taking anything for granted. If we rested on our laurels, we would soon have been forgotten by even the people who voted for us. Putting this record out there might not make much of a difference to our career as a whole, but we have to put it out there and see how people react."

Fans can expect to hear a mix of different styles come together to form a gloriously curious cocktail from the band that has made no excuses through its amateur career at being weird and wonderful. In the press release from Chaos Records, Lefervre promised that listeners will hear topics covered that include such diverse issues as drug use, heartbreak, fire and crime. Their mix of post-hardcore and prog also makes for a rocky-edgy sound that is far more sophisticated, educated and clever than much of what can be heard on the main market at the moment.

Speaking of the nature of his music, Lefevre said: "Music that is too linear or repetitive is not my thing. You should never be able to predict what is coming next in a song, which is why our tracks change so often, both in terms of differences between individual songs and the way there are tempo changes within the songs themselves. They ask questions of the listener. That can only be a good thing. It keeps your ears and brains on alert."

Illusions will be available to buy from all good record stores on July 27th, as well as by digital download on iTunes, and Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca and Amazon.fr via Chaos Records. If the releases from the first two Triple Threat winners are anything to go by, this is one that is not be missed.

Edited by user 18 July 2013 21:01:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 18/07/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 18/07/2013(UTC), Mckenzie- on 19/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2597 Posted : 18 July 2013 05:58:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich: they lost me at " sophisticated," "educated" and "clever". They may be a great band,but their fans are going to be absolute jerks.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
genocidal king on 18/07/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#2598 Posted : 18 July 2013 06:04:51(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: they lost me at " sophisticated," "educated" and "clever". They may be a great band,but their fans are going to be absolute jerks.

Florian: Oh you are right. They turn up to our shows wearing berets and carrying poetry books under their arms. We have some very pretentious fans. I hate those fans. I like the normal ones.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#2599 Posted : 18 July 2013 06:22:12(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich: ew. I'd like to say my chosen area is immune from that sort,but no. I get to deal with people who are "connoisseurs of kustom kulture". Ugh.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#2600 Posted : 19 July 2013 01:49:30(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

Increasingly controversial "bubble gum death rock" musican,Mariko kobayashi left her audience in stunned silence at the finale of her last show. Mere hours after the announced passing of emerald black,Mariko closed her show with a vivid reenactment of miss black's suicide (successful) attempt. At the finale of her closing song, she pretended to plunge her small sword into her own chest. She dropped to the stage as stage blood rained from the rafters. Some audience members politely clapped,others gave sounds of disapproval. Given the song,it was no mistaking what Mariko was referencing. The song went as follows:

Suicide,suicide!
Will we miss you when You die?
Will You suddenly become a saint?
All your flaws coated in fresh paint.
You can't take the life you made,
So check out the easy way.
You feed off others pity,what fucking mediocrity.
Things got a little sad. But was it really that bad?
Now you'll never know if things will get better or not.
All you get to do now is rot, what a fucking waste.

After the show,Mariko gave this statement: " I am not going to pretend to miss emerald . i am not going to say good things I do not mean about her. I am happy she is gone. BUT I am not making light of what happened! I was there. I saw her stab herself. It was horrible. I did not take pleasure in witnessing it. In fact,I distinctly remembering vomiting. The song I wrote,coupled with my stage show serves to show the futility of her actions. Emerald could have met the woman of her dreams after breaking up with nina. She could have been truly happy in life Now? She will never know. She is dead. Emeralds blood is on emeralds hands. Not Nina's. not mine. For her brother to claim otherwise is madness."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 19/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/07/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 19/07/2013(UTC), Mckenzie- on 19/07/2013(UTC)