logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#41 Posted : 25 July 2011 03:54:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
What's wrong with these forums?

I can tell you whats wrong. Whats wrong is everyone thinks there is something wrong just because their so-called glory days here aren't happening anymore when the truth is this place has never been all that different from how it is now since the game went offline a few years ago. Thats the only time things actually changed, since then we have been having the same sort of forum interactivity, and the sooner everyone realizes that...the better.

Point is, things have never changed, will never change, but if we quit complaining about "how far down this has gone" maybe we could actually make an effort to change things?

Change is self inflicted, blaming others, being paranoid, or moping about it gets you nowhere.

Rant concluded.

When I said "How far this is going down" I'm talking about the thread itself.

You might think that now, cause all of the sudden you're mod now and you feel like you need to have a good reputation. But I know that wasn't your opinion back when we used to be more "social" ont this site and you weren't mod.

Offline asdf  
#42 Posted : 25 July 2011 03:59:04(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I'm not sure what you mean GK...having seen the forums various waves, or my opinions waves? lol

I think its obviously just RP. I mean everyone is everyone elses friend OOC. I mean you yourself have helped me a lot with my little romance novel, and Rincewind has helped me with my book, and other things too. All this despite Rince not having anything to do with RP, and you and me never working together in Rp.

So we have to ask what is wrong with RP?

Some would blame it on the lack of labels. Others would blame the un-interactiveness of late.

I blame everyone for just being lazy, or growing up. Whichever.

When I first came here, labels were HUGE. I signed up with Bikz to her label and she helped me do promotions, reviews, and made all the artwork for me. Her or Raven. That was the thing. And if you posted something, good or bad, 10 people would reply. People who were huge RPers, and people who were just starting like me.

They're were hundreds if not thousands of active RPers and active forum users. Most of them are all gone now. The few that are left have more important things to do in real life. Myself included. I've been neglecting the huge storyline that I had planned in favor of the story line that is my romance novel. We are all guilty of that, but really we're innocent.

It may be a sad state of affairs, but its not horrible. The people here are sort of like...buddies as my mom would call it. We aren't close friends, most of us have never really met each other. But, we all help when someone else has a real life problem just like real friends, and we can all chit chat on the most random shit ever. Thats what this place should be if you ask me. I personally enjoy the current state of things. Its like a peaceful band of warriors staying to protect their degrading city. All the while chatting about times long gone and the future ahead.

;)
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline genocidal king  
#43 Posted : 25 July 2011 04:02:06(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
I meant the various waves of RP man, yeah lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#44 Posted : 25 July 2011 04:04:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

I can tell you whats wrong. Whats wrong is everyone thinks there is something wrong just because their so-called glory days here aren't happening anymore when the truth is this place has never been all that different from how it is now since the game went offline a few years ago. Thats the only time things actually changed, since then we have been having the same sort of forum interactivity, and the sooner everyone realizes that...the better.

Point is, things have never changed, will never change, but if we quit complaining about "how far down this has gone" maybe we could actually make an effort to change things?

Change is self inflicted, blaming others, being paranoid, or moping about it gets you nowhere.

Rant concluded.

You might think that now, cause all of the sudden you're mod now and you feel like you need to have a good reputation. But I know that wasn't your opinion back when we used to be more "social" ont this site and you weren't mod.

No, I still agree they're is some shit that needs to be taken care of.

But, believe it or not, the mods here dont have secret conversations like me and you both suspected. If they do its over PM and they leave me out of it.

When have I ever cared about my reputation here? My existence here has been based of the fact that I have my own opinion and I will argue for it no matter how wrong I am.

Wake up and realize that my being a mod never affected anything, and quite frankly I have barely even noticed that I even am a mod.

What did change is I realized your a jealous person who blames everyone and everything for any problem he can find in his life and takes out his depression on others like a dead deer on the highway getting ready to pop. I dont want to talk about that, because I feel sorry for you and wish the best for you. But I'll be damned if your going to act like I'm on some sort of high horse hanging out with Bikz and Lewis now.

I hate a lot of things here, but ultimately I've decided to just try and be cool with everyone and enjoy the conversations I can have and steal any bit of help I can get when I have a problem. If you open your eyes you would see that I'm here to help you too if you need it. You have to let someone in first though.

Offline Rincewind  
#45 Posted : 25 July 2011 05:07:08(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
asdf... the secret conversations are carried out via sephamore towers.... expect one to be built near you soon.....
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
thanks 1 user thanked Rincewind for this useful post.
asdf on 25/07/2011(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#46 Posted : 25 July 2011 05:07:53(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)

What did change is I realized your a jealous person who blames everyone and everything for any problem he can find in his life and takes out his depression on others like a dead deer on the highway getting ready to pop.

Huh, that's just about the oddest turn of expression I've ever come across.
thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 26/07/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#47 Posted : 25 July 2011 06:17:23(UTC)
asdf

Man

Lol, it just sort of bursts out at random in case you didnt get it...

For those who didnt know too, deer will pop after they die and are left in the sun.

Offline forkboy  
#48 Posted : 25 July 2011 06:27:18(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hey, it made me chuckle, so no complaints there!
Offline Mt. Epic  
#49 Posted : 25 July 2011 08:25:35(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
as long as I get to be the preppy cute tennis-playing honor roll student, I think i'll survive in TRSG High School
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
thanks 1 user thanked Mt. Epic for this useful post.
Matticus on 25/07/2011(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#50 Posted : 25 July 2011 22:36:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17941 time(s) in 10428 post(s)
I wasnt here for the glory days,unless you count the pre pay for play experiment days.so i dont know how this place is supposed to be,but one of the things i see wrong has to do with form. It seems like a lot of things are written as a sort of "closed loop" sorta deal.while utterly brilliant in scope,audience participation is not really desired or possible. Why write something,if you dont want the community at large involved?

Hell,i want random characters popping up on the duke of winchester. I want non hess characters playing shuffleboard with a bloated possum corpse. If its written,it should be fair game for outside involvement.

Hopefully this makes sense to people who arent me.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
bikz on 26/07/2011(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#51 Posted : 25 July 2011 23:05:03(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Makes total sense, yeah lol. I get what you mean, and I know a lot of my stuff is like that, when I write stories like the mobile studio one. But there really isn't a way to make stuff like that more interactive. Personally, I'm not huge on the threads that are just post-after-post of two characters chatting back and forward, but that's just me, other people like that kinda RP, and we're all different I suppose.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#52 Posted : 26 July 2011 00:52:32(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17941 time(s) in 10428 post(s)
It's not so much the stories,as i can fully understand the non interactivity of those nobody would want something like :

" joe six pack posts: the sniper took his posistion on the london eye,in a few minutes he would rid the world of jenny poptart and the hot filling trio for good.

Erich hess posts: erich and erica are taking a ride on the eye too. Erich rips off a massive fart.

Erich: erica?! .that was rude!

ERrica: im not the one wearing smoldering tousers."

It could possibly ruin the atmosphere of the original story. Nobody would like that and should never be done.
But using the cassie and lauren topic for example :

after the show where cassie pretty much ousted lauren on stage,i dont think it would be out of place for a character to comment on it. It happened in a public place,there is no mind reading going on,and the chances of the tiff being seen from the crowd is pretty good.

Thats just for example as its the first storyline that popped into my head. Still not exactly what i want to say,but close.i've been trying to put my thoughts into words since this topic was started,with little success. Nevermind,carry on.

This is why i stick to writing goofy ass dialog.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
#53 Posted : 26 July 2011 04:07:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Rant concluded.

No, I still agree they're is some shit that needs to be taken care of.

But, believe it or not, the mods here dont have secret conversations like me and you both suspected. If they do its over PM and they leave me out of it.

When have I ever cared about my reputation here? My existence here has been based of the fact that I have my own opinion and I will argue for it no matter how wrong I am.

Wake up and realize that my being a mod never affected anything, and quite frankly I have barely even noticed that I even am a mod.

What did change is I realized your a jealous person who blames everyone and everything for any problem he can find in his life and takes out his depression on others like a dead deer on the highway getting ready to pop. I dont want to talk about that, because I feel sorry for you and wish the best for you. But I'll be damned if your going to act like I'm on some sort of high horse hanging out with Bikz and Lewis now.

I hate a lot of things here, but ultimately I've decided to just try and be cool with everyone and enjoy the conversations I can have and steal any bit of help I can get when I have a problem. If you open your eyes you would see that I'm here to help you too if you need it. You have to let someone in first though.

Oh God Cody. Over dramatic much lol
Offline asdf  
#54 Posted : 26 July 2011 05:23:13(UTC)
asdf

Man

Well I just wanted to make sure you would comprehend it. I considered going Shakespearean on your ass.

#55 Posted : 26 July 2011 05:28:41(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Well I just wanted to make sure you would comprehend it. I considered going Shakespearean on your ass.

You are one funny big kid.
Offline xNightsidex  
#56 Posted : 26 July 2011 05:40:34(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Cody said it all, really. I'd definitely agree that the decline in "activity" the more long-standing members talk of here probably does indeed come from the fact that a large wedge of the active community a few years back and so on were teenagers of varying degree, who have since grown up, found other commitments, jobs, moved on with education...etc.

To be honest, I question sometimes why I still even come back, but I do enjoy reading what a number of the members are up to and such and input here and there, which is why I mainly stick to Off Topic now. I simply don't have the time between week, university, moving, and other commitments to get back into the swing of roleplay. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#57 Posted : 26 July 2011 14:57:51(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
It's not so much the stories,as i can fully understand the non interactivity of those nobody would want something like :

" joe six pack posts: the sniper took his posistion on the london eye,in a few minutes he would rid the world of jenny poptart and the hot filling trio for good.

Erich hess posts: erich and erica are taking a ride on the eye too. Erich rips off a massive fart.

Erich: erica?! .that was rude!

ERrica: im not the one wearing smoldering tousers."

It could possibly ruin the atmosphere of the original story. Nobody would like that and should never be done.
But using the cassie and lauren topic for example :

after the show where cassie pretty much ousted lauren on stage,i dont think it would be out of place for a character to comment on it. It happened in a public place,there is no mind reading going on,and the chances of the tiff being seen from the crowd is pretty good.

Thats just for example as its the first storyline that popped into my head. Still not exactly what i want to say,but close.i've been trying to put my thoughts into words since this topic was started,with little success. Nevermind,carry on.

This is why i stick to writing goofy ass dialog.

I love reading your goofy ass dialogue.

Anyway, this has sort of turned into talk about stuff that happened when I wasn't here. I don't relate to most of what people have been saying.

I don't interact as much as I should here, but that's simply because it gets very repetitive to leave a comment in character saying something like "I love the song" or to leave and out of character coment complimenting someone's RP. This probably causes some people to feel like their RP goes underapriciated at times, which could create some resentment. I think that there is definately a newbie curve. Everyone makes new people feel welcomed in their first couple of threads. Part of the problem was probably that I was in and out of here so much, but I don't feel like I was really accepted into the community here until just earlier this year. I don't really notice many conflicts. I notice a few cliques, but overall it seems like everyone gets along well with eachother. There are little things that can be annoying about these forums, but overall, I think it doesn't bother most of us to the point where we don't enjoy being here, or want to leave. That's just my opinion, but I think I probably speak for at least a few other people here, if not most.

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Mt. Epic  
#58 Posted : 26 July 2011 16:30:25(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
What is necessarily "wrong" with the forums?

The forums are a place that wouldn't exist without its inhabitants. We are the inhabitants. However, the way each of us individually choose to act effects all of us, especially since we are such a small community. We've all known each other for a while, and so it's natural that we're a little tired of each other and bored. We've all established whom we consider our closest buds, and our sworn rivals. It's all politics. It's natural. Just like any relationship, whether romantic, friendly, or just acquainted, the start is always the most exciting part. Now that we've all grown on each other, we make believe all of these issues that all of us as a group created because of a nonsense frustration rooted from ennui.

Quite frankly, I'm proud of TRSG, especially since Carl doesn't even go on here. We manage to cope on our own. I'm not sure if your "glory days" had me in them, but whenever they occurred, the only difference was that it was fresh and new back then. And everybody here is simply not as motivated because their RPs and threads aren't as energetically fueled as the ones from the past.

Hopefully, it's a phase. That tends to happen on here, but if we keep bickering and talking about how awful it is to be on here, it will only get worse. If you're not as excited, just leave. Take a break, come back later when your mind it clear and set on TRSG. Don't feel committed. After all, it's a game, meaning it's a hobby. If this was our job, we'd probably already killed each other by now. But that's not the point. Let's not fight or argue. And if you have nothing polite to say, don't say it at all, because that's what leads to threads like these being created.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
thanks 1 user thanked Mt. Epic for this useful post.
Offline asdf  
#59 Posted : 27 July 2011 07:28:01(UTC)
asdf

Man

Hey, funny big kid I'm proud to be but dont you dare call me "one"...I am many.

#60 Posted : 27 July 2011 07:40:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Hey, funny big kid I'm proud to be but dont you dare call me "one"...I am many.

Yes Cody. You are many things.