logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#21 Posted : 17 October 2011 05:12:56(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: I am really happy that I was chosen to produce this. Fucking immense stuff guys.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Laurelles1 for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 17/10/2011(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#22 Posted : 17 October 2011 09:05:12(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Winston: Two months ago we got chosen to do a cover for Reported Failure's compilation album which we regrettably couldn't finish due to the extent of Gary's illness at that point, not to mention a lack of creativity to give the song we were chosen to do (Let's Run) a good Gears of Bremen spin. So once I tried parts of your newest release My Name is William I was pretty excited and not at all disappointed. Today's release, Demons, only further cements the fact that Reported Failure & Friends won't be your last Compilation. Still quite regretting the fact that we couldn't get a good Let's Run cover out, so if we could make that up to you, I'd be happy.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 17/10/2011(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#23 Posted : 17 October 2011 09:20:46(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Vin: Thanks Jason. I'm glad we got to work together again.

Robert: It's alright Winston. We understand that you were busy. I'm glad you like the EP.

My Name is Freedom/My Name is William EP is available now. All info can be found in the spoiler.

Edited by user 17 October 2011 09:27:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
#24 Posted : 19 October 2011 15:16:50(UTC)

News 10/18/11

Hey guys! The EP is hopefully being blasted through your headphones, car stereo, dollar store speakers or whatever you have available. Well we have a few pieces of news. Firstly the music video for My Name is William is quite mindblowing and is in the final stages of editing and should be released very soon. It involves fire, historical landmarks, and moshing, so what else could you ask for? Otherwise The Infinitely mindblowing tour has kind of gone to the crapper considering Infinite was supposed to be headlining and they are not in one piece at the moment. Don't worry though, being a connected person in this here music industry I might get some things together and we will likely still be hitting the road in November.

- Vin
UserPostedImage
#25 Posted : 20 October 2011 04:53:00(UTC)

Reported Failure - My Name is William (Official Music Video)

The video begins with bright orange lights. They are blurry at first. As the strange intro to the song begins the screen becomes clear to reveal flames. There is a massive forest fire. Clearly now the fire is engulfing a hillside. The focus shifts to a team of firefighters who are desperately trying to fight the blaze. But they are not doing much to help. Suddenly the flame jumps and the firefighters are almost surrounded by flame. They make the decision to leave while they can.
UserPostedImage

It seems everyone has avoided the danger but suddenly you can see someone who is now trapped in a small clearing among the forest of flames. It is Billie Beckett and he looks horribly sick as he begins to sing the verse of the song. Although Billie remains on the screen the background flickers between the flames and many other things. An urban rooftop, Billie's childhood home, a dark hotel room.

Pen, paper, words, feelings
All get lost in between life and fiction
Rooftops and minimum wages
Lost families and disfunctional relationships
They all get lost
In my pen my paper
Until I don't recognize ohh anything.
It's all just morning coffee
Marble Pillars
Smoke and mirrors

UserPostedImage

The chorus of the song finds Billie and the rest of Reported Failure now in a more live performance setting for the music video. They are on a large stage with a massive crowd of fans. The background continues to change. First Reported Failure is seen rocking out in front of the Parthenon in Athens. then in the middle of central park in New York, and then in the middle of some sort of club, and also in the midst of all of the flames where the video began.

Noooo
I wish I never set sail
Hey!
I should've stayed in Greece
Now
I'll just be stained on the cars below
Unwanted again

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The performance aspect of the video is realistic of a Reported Failure concert. THey aren't just going crazy for show. Most of the video is flipping through performances at these different settings all of which are slightly different. In central park and in Athens there are both massive crowds of people. The crowds however get steadily more intense. Slight movement leads to all out moshing. Soon the crowd is more like a Riot. everyone is screaming and fighting. Steadily things turn to chaos towards the end of the song.

Hate, culture, waste, breeding
All have blurred the line between real and fake
Unwanted fathers and unwilling mothers
Lost causes, and forgotten sons
They are all I see
Through my worn eyes
I'm falling fast
All I see are sad memories
Painful lies
Hatred skies

Noooo
I wish I never set sail
Hey!
I should've stayed in Greece
Now
I'll just be stained on the cars below
Unwanted again

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Then as things get quieter in the outro everything fades until it's back to Billie almost entirely surrounded by flames. He is sweating and still looks horrible. Random flashes of the other scenes pop into the screen momentarily, but for a very short period of time. Billie's face looks terrified, and as the video ends the flames engulf him entirely.

My name is William
My name is William
oooh
UserPostedImage
#26 Posted : 24 October 2011 04:32:00(UTC)

Update 10/23/11
Our single My Name is William has hit the charts! It snagged #15 on the digital chart and #16 on the airplay chart. that's great! but I think we can do better. All of you fans need to get out there and buy the single if you haven't because it is one of our favorite songs ever. request it at your local radio station and what not. I know we can push it up a little bit further.

As far as tours go, were thinking of headlining or co-headlining a tour with some of our very good friends in the music industry. All ticket purchases from THe infinitely Mindblowing Tour will be transfered because seeing as Infinite was the headliner and they don't really exist right now the tour is likely not happening. So as fans of Reported Failure, where would you like to see us tour? It's been awhile since we went into Europe or anywhere besides the US for that matter.

- KC James
UserPostedImage
#27 Posted : 21 November 2011 14:33:26(UTC)

UserPostedImage
The next single will be Goodbye, My Son. It will feature B-Sides and everything so get ready to blast it as loud as you possibly can! Lookout for a music video released this weekend. The single will be available on Saturday.
UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#28 Posted : 21 November 2011 23:10:28(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: Recently you guys have been releasing the best videos ever! This is really cool for such a heavy rock band like you..
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 22/11/2011(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#29 Posted : 22 November 2011 06:25:21(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17941 time(s) in 10428 post(s)
Erich: i like music,i like videos. This is going to rock my socks,like seagulls in a flock,a male chicken isnt a hen...its a cock. I am not going to mock,i,for its not athletes foot,its itch of the jock.

Karoliena: lost your grip on reality again?

Erich: its a distinct possibility. There we were,fighing the kaiser at tobruk. Orders had just came down from monty that we were to deploy that morning. Some cats of a tabby persuasion had taken to eating hamburger helper by the fistfull. Leaving us but scraps,so we hammered down the distilled spirits that smelled of skunk musk and tasted of ribeye steak.

Karoliena: ENOUGH!!!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#30 Posted : 22 November 2011 06:29:25(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: From one KC to another...wow, that is a bright cover! Can't wait to hear the single that goes with it :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
#31 Posted : 22 November 2011 11:05:15(UTC)

Matt: Thanks everyone. About the video, it's guaranteed not to dissapoint. It will be just as epic as our My Name is William video but probably in different ways. With b-sides I can say with certainty that one will be a song that we haven't released yet, and the other might be a cover or something. Just teasing though. I know exactly what they'll be. I'm just screwing with you.
UserPostedImage
#32 Posted : 25 November 2011 02:51:07(UTC)

UserPostedImage
The Hugely Awaited LP

Coming 2012
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 25/11/2011(UTC)
#33 Posted : 26 November 2011 07:09:39(UTC)

Making Album Five... And Other Mischief [Episode 1]
The camera fades in to find Billie Matt and Robert sitting on a couch in the tour bus.

Robert: Hey guys!

Matt: Howdy

Billie: Hey

Robert: Were making a documentary of sorts.

Matt: It's true! This is not a scam.

Robert: It's about being out on the No Venues Tour and making album number five. Whatyou see around us is what we're calling the No Venues Bus-a-tron 5000.

The camera moves. The bus seems about the size of a slightly but not massively large RV, which is exactly what it really is. There is some clutter around the floor. KC is passed out on a bed and Vin is working on a laptop. In the front there is a busdriver who is focused on the road.

Matt: We're driving across Germany right now. Vin right now is emailing some very creative people about our video for our next single which will be Goodbye, My Son. I think by the time you see this it will already be out.

Robert: It's funny! Not the video, but it's funny that in the My Name is William video we killed Billie with fire and in this video we kill him with water.

Billie: i'm basically the Kenny of this band. I think now I'll have to die in every video somehow.

Robert: KC is passed out. We had a long night lastnight.

Matt: Yeah. People think rock n roll is all fun and games. That you play for thousands of screaming fans then go the the hotel and throw the TV out the window and don't care about the fine, but it is actually a lot of work...

As Matt continues to talk the film cuts to the band and a few other people from the No Venues tour the night before. They are all in a bar. A chant of "shots, shots, shots, shots..." begins to get louder followed by everyone taking a shot and then cheers. "Can we get some tunes?," shouts KC. Some music begins playing and then several people start busting some moves.

Matt (continued): ...We wake up early everyday talk to radio people, sign some autographs, work on writing songs for the new album, do some promotion events for the EP, then we play for thousands of screaming fans. At the end of the day we all go back to the bus exhausted and onto the next city.

Billie: Actually we just screw around.

Matt: Damnet. We have reputations.

Vin: We actually call this whole music scene The Circus, because that's what it is.

The camera fades out and then fades in again to find the band hanging around at the No Venues tour in Frankfurt signing autographs and talking to fans.

KC: Hey. We're here in Frankfurt. I think the first band is about to start so we'll clear out soon. As you can see there are people everywhere. This tour is really fantastic so far, and it's barely begun!

THe camera fast forwards to show lines of people coming and talking to the band and also walking into the park where the tour is set up. Then Cartographer took the stage and Reported Failure go backstage to watch without being a distraction for the crowd...
UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 26/11/2011(UTC)
#34 Posted : 27 November 2011 08:20:32(UTC)

Hey everyone! Our new single is available for download now! You can also order the vinyl version online or if you're going to be able to catch us out on the No Venues Tour you can buy it there with a digital download card. You can also check out the music video for the song!

Making Album Five... And Other Mischief [Episode 2]

The camera fades in to find Reported Failure in a studio. Robert is sitting down in a chair spectating. KC and Matt are both working on their parts for a song, Billie and Vin are both in the mixing room sipping on coffee. Matt is playing a skullcrushing bass lick while KC plays a dark tremolo picking riff to compliment it.

Vin: One thing were doing on this tour is recording at every chance we have. For the last month we've just been creatively thriving and even though were busy on tour we still have to take that energy into the studio at every chance we get so that it doesn't go to waste.

Billie: I really think it's helping too because just being on the road with other incredible bands and seeing places that we've never seen before is inspiring and fueling the creative drive that we already have.

KC and Matt finish up playing the song and look around.

Robert: I think it could be really quite interesting if we did what Vin was saying with the horns section.

Vin: Yeah, I love what you guys were doing but if we just do that and the drums vocals and my guitar part that we had planned then really were just making the same song again.

Matt: Where can we find some trombones or whatever you had in mind?

Vin: I'll call some people. Maybe in two weeks sometime.

Matt: Alright. We payed for another hour so I guess we should maybe work on something else.

KC: Yeah. How 'bout you work on crumbling so I can go across the stret for a bakery run.

Everyone laughs a little bit and Vin rolls his eyes slightly.

Robert: Bring me back something round and fattening.

The camera follows KC out of the studio and across the street to a bakery.

KC: You aren't going to film me trying to pronounce the names of what I want to order are you? See being in Europe means a different language every four days. First we were in England which was fine because I already know English. Then we were in Germany for a few days and I made a fool of myself, now were in Amsterdam and I get to try my hand at dutch. Two years of highschool spanish wont help me much here.

KC enters the bakery and waves at the fairly old man behind the counter.

KC: It smells amazing in here. Just thought I'd point that out because this wont be released over smellivision.

The film cuts to KC back in the sudio. He goes to where Matt and Vin are standing in the mixing room while Billie is recording vocals.

KC: I have something curcilar and sticky, something long and sugary, a couple of rectangular chocolatey things and something round and fattening for Robert.

Billie(Singing):
Of many I found no one
no one who could save my life
Falling so heavy
Before it's done no one will even know why
Even know why

Vin: I think it's good, but I think we should make it a bit more dynamic and add backing vocals, but first we need a pastry break.

The camera fades out on KC, Matt, Billie, Vin, and Robert all standing around eating dutch baked goods.

UserPostedImage
#35 Posted : 28 November 2011 06:10:26(UTC)

Vin: Because I take pleasure in relentlessly teasing you fans, I will give you a bit more basic info.

UserPostedImage
Label: Nomad/Liberation Records
Producers: Vin Peters, and Jason Smith
Release date: January or February 2012?
Rough Tracklisting:

1. 6771
2. Being Man
3. A Dramatic Turn of Events
4. Overture I
5. A Pattern of Distress
6. Nevaeh
7. Crumbling
8. Overture II
9. 2001
10. Writing My Own Eulogy
11. Lithium
12. Overure III
13. New America
UserPostedImage
#36 Posted : 28 November 2011 09:18:08(UTC)

Making Album Five... And other Mischief [Episode 3]

Things fade in. In the background a crowd can be seen and someone is playing on a stage. In the foreground Robert and KC are standing facing the camera.

Robert: Hey guys! We're in Amsterdam still, and right now Atomic War Brides are behind us playing their set here at the No Venues Tour.

KC: That stage has to be taken apart put in a couple of trucks and then reassembled at the next city.

Robert: Yeah. This tour is quite a production. There is a lot of crew people who go out there every day and make it possible. Some nights we set off fireworks and stuff. Not tonight though because were playing earlier and the sun wont be down yet. I think we have flames scheduled instead.

KC: Most of these videos are going to be about us making this upcoming album, but were also on an amazing world tour, so for this video were going to tell you and show you just what that is like.

Everything fades out and then fades in again to find KC and Robert standing inside of the bus.

KC: This is the bus. I think you've seen it before. This is where we spend a lot of our time. At some point we'll fly somewhere and get a new bus, but it will be the same. Probably it will smell a little bit better because we weren't already on it for a week. There's some beds. A guitar or two incase we feel like writing, the all important sound system.

KC points out the beds one of which has Matt passed out ontop of it, and then at a couple of guitars and then up to some speakers on the roof. THe bus looks relatively cluttered there is some random stuff on the floor like clothing or papers on the floor. As KC is pointing things out Vin shows up.

Robert: THen back here we've got the toilet and shower. If you are claustrophobic then you will pee in lots of soda bottles and not smell very good at all because it is a tight squeeze in the bus bathroom. Another thing is, if there are any plumbing problems you are completely screwed.

THe tiny bathroom looks like something out of a horror movie. THere is hair, scum, and grime everywhere.

Vin: A while ago when you two weren't in the band we were on tour with The Walls and whenever something had to get cleaned up on the bus we drew straws. I think there was one time on that entire tour when someone besides Matt had to clean. Matt cleaned everything. I think he considered quitting the band at least a couple times when the toilet overflowed.

Things fade out again and then fade in to backstage where people are walking around everywhere.

Robert: This is backstage AKA ground zero for all the behind the scenes chaos. Over there you've got James Urie getting ready to go onstage. We wont disturb him right now.

Vin: Most people you see are either The No Venues Tour crew who keep everything running or I think there are some journalists around, there are also the artists on this tours posses. Half the people back here are trying to get things done the other half are back here because being backstage is cool.

Things fade out once more to find Robert, KC, and Vin behind where all of the crowd is below a couple of canopies. THere are tables with merch, and a small crowd around a couple of the tables.

[b]KC: This is the place for all things merchandise. People like us or members of the other bands will float through here throughout the day. I think right now Suburban Sunrise might be causing that crowd. Billie was out here earlier, but I think he's gone now.

Vin: When I was a kid this is where I would always hang out at shows.

Robert: Basically if you're stuck standing behind some tall guy or you don't feel like watching whoever is playing at the moment, or no one is playing and you just want some merch this is where you'll go. People who sell merch are always talking about something cool.

KC: That's basically the whole setup at the tour. Were gonna go find Billie and wake up Matt so that we can play our set later.
UserPostedImage
#37 Posted : 04 December 2011 03:58:21(UTC)

Musicians Needed!
Hey everyone! In our fifth album "Darkness" which will be out next year we are going bigger than ever musically, lyrically, and everything! There is only so much that the five of us can do, so we want some talented musicians to be part of this album! A full list of everything we will need is below. It might be added to at some point.

Piano
Backing Vocals
Spoken Words
Trumpet
DJ/Producer (Electronic)
Harp
Organ

We'd love to get some guest musicians to do some of these especially the backing vocals and spoken words. The words that will have to be spoken are poems that are going to sort of intros to certain songs.

Update: We have just about everything we need.

Edited by user 12 December 2011 05:01:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#38 Posted : 12 December 2011 05:00:23(UTC)

Vin: Thank you everyone who bought the My Name is Freedom/My Name is William EP. It has now gone double platinum selling 2,210,000 copies total! We're stoked about how successful this EP has been. Thanks again for all of the support.
UserPostedImage
#39 Posted : 15 December 2011 09:50:00(UTC)

Lithium (Demo)

Run to black gold or black tar
A desert or a jungle
Im still the same
I find it harder to define myself when were all so full of doubt
So much harder to keep someone else when nobody can help

But your love is my lithium
Im so entranced, you are my drug
Yeah your love is my lithium
So goodnight I don’t want nothing but you on the day I die

Run to the black holes
Of American dreams and hipocracy
Run to the drumrolls
Of growing up a broken man
I finder harder to stay sane when nothing seems sane anymore
I know there shall be no doubt when I fall, I fall like a the book, or the bell

Kill me. You’ll kill me I fear.
(I want so much to break you down
I need so much, to steal your crown)

UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 15/12/2011(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#40 Posted : 15 December 2011 11:06:12(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Harmony: (scratches head in confusion) Is lithium like the same as kryptonite? If it is why don't they just use that word instead? Ahhhhhh too many questions!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 15/12/2011(UTC)