logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#41 Posted : 15 December 2011 11:27:56(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Matt: allow me to enlighten you on the history of the band I'm in called Reported Failure. Back in September my friend Billie who is that guy you hear singing in all our songs went to the hospital because he had overdosed on lithium which can be fatal. Any more questions?
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#42 Posted : 15 December 2011 11:35:13(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
Matt: allow me to enlighten you on the history of the band I'm in called Reported Failure. Back in September my friend Billie who is that guy you hear singing in all our songs went to the hospital because he had overdosed on lithium which can be fatal. Any more questions?

Harmony: Nope that about sums it all up for me. Thanks for making my head stop hurting! Sorry about your friend though.

Edited by user 15 December 2011 11:36:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline DistortedAudio  
#43 Posted : 15 December 2011 11:42:10(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Winston: Even though these are demos, they feel as top-notch as I would expect from a band of your caliber.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 15/12/2011(UTC)
#44 Posted : 16 December 2011 15:23:21(UTC)

6771 (Demo)

Let's emulate
The god damn kings
Fly so high were out of oxygen
There's a freedom to misunderstood flight!

Where's my old home?
On the ledge there
No I'll never be there again
No I'll never see anyone again

Born into a cult of glorified Scientologists
I've held the keys to your hopes and dreams
Manipulated by fear, I could fall at any moment
I am fought for and died for
I am beaten and wounded
In this new land I exist for a mere two centuries
In a lust of flawed philosophies it's the beginning of the end
In the darkness I run for my life
The end is coming

The end is coming (Hallelujah)
I love you so (Hallelujah)
I spill my secrets to you
In the darkness I call
For this to be heaven
To make sense of it all

Let's climb the mountaintop
So we can see all we've done
Crowning achievements
From hell and beyond
I know its out there
I'm waiting to see what life can still do for me!

I spill my secrets to you
In the darkness I call
For this to be heaven
To make sense of it all

UserPostedImage
#45 Posted : 17 December 2011 03:29:37(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Harmony: Nice! I especially love the part where you say "Scientologists". *giggles* I likes that word a lot. I don't know why though. Maybe because it sounds smart. Hehe For example if I said, Hi my name is Harmony. I'm a scientologists. See how that works there? Makes me seem smarts!

Jennifer: These demos are all so amazing. Its making it very hard to pick my favorite. I'll just have love them all. :)

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 18/12/2011(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#46 Posted : 17 December 2011 05:09:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Yulia: This is F%$#ng awesome guys!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 18/12/2011(UTC)
#47 Posted : 17 December 2011 08:45:32(UTC)

Matt: Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like them. Just a couple more will be released before we release the firsr official single from the new album Darkness which will be available in January or early February.
UserPostedImage
#48 Posted : 18 December 2011 04:51:48(UTC)

The first single from the upcoming album "Darkness"

The single will be available on December 30th.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
#49 Posted : 22 December 2011 11:09:11(UTC)

Vin: I am stoked to present to you the cast of Reported Failure's new album "Darkness" which will be available next year. The first single will be available on the 30th. Everything should be complete in a matter of weeks. Making this album has been and still is incredible and everyone involved is amazing. When we started all those months ago with just an idea we didn't think it could be done. Until quite recently we still believed it wouldn't all work out, but it's all working out. We love all of you from the fans to the people who work at recording studios who helped us out, to all of the guest musicians and vocalists, the London Symphony Orchestra, everyone at Nomad Records. You are all incredible!

The Cast

Vocalists:

Billie Beckett......... The Darkness

Amy Meyer......... Sarah

Yulia......... Justice

[color=dark red]James Urie......... Peace[/color]

The Darkness Chorus

Aaron Marks
Matt Collins
Nicole Woods
Ryan Williams
Vin Peters
Clara Thompson
Mitchell Hughes
Alice Mason

KC James......... Additional Backing Vocals

Strings:

Matt Collins - Bass
Vin Peters - Guitar
KC James - Guitar
Billie Beckett - Guitar

Mitchell Hughes - Piano
Alec Watson - Harp
The London Symphony Orchestra

Percussion:

Robert Edwards - Drums
Rafael Gomez - Bongos
Rachel Jones - Xylophone
The Darkness Chorus - Clapping

Everything Else:

Production - Vin Peters, Jason Smith

Get "Darkness" on February 21st or Pre-Order it today!

Edited by user 22 December 2011 17:06:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#50 Posted : 30 December 2011 11:45:39(UTC)

OOC: This is really more for me to look back at what RF did this year so that I have it all compiled in one place and sort of to reflect on what I've done with RP this year, but I'm sure you'll enjoy reading it too.

A Year in Perspective
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
It has been almost a year since the punk rock quintet Reported Failure got back together and began working on new material. A year ago today the band would probably have been in four pieces. At that point they were the band that had had a good breakthrough album and then fallen apart just when it seemed they were about to get massive. At this point all of the seems ancient history. Right now Reported Failure are at the highest point they've ever been with a multi-platinum selling EP, a few successful singles, and absolute domination of the music video charts.

"It all really started with Post-Grunge Catastrophe" says Matt Collins. "sure we met up and played old songs and loved it, but it was a mutual desire to create that album that brought us back together as a band". When the album Post-grunge Catastrophe did come out it charted very oddly. Singles like "The Cure to Growing Older" and "Manufactured Radio" both became anthems of the punk scene and were met with moderate success, and the album itself debuted at number eight. "At that point we were all thinking 'Great! It will expand our fanbase a bit more and then we can get another record out later and just keep at it'" says Vin Peters who not only plays guitar but also runs Nomad Records where the album was released. After a month it looked like the album would be successful but not near their previous album Disarm and nothing that was going to make them a super massive band. What no one could have predicted was the album staying in the top 20 for months after it's release, and not peaking until after the band had finished releasing all of the singles. "I don't really know why there was a delayed surge in this album, but somehow there was" continued Peters.

The success came with a spot on the When all Else Fails Run Tour over summer, and the release of Reported Failure & Friends in August. The best of album was a great collection of songs that introduced newer fans to the band's older songs. It also was loaded with guest vocalists on new versions of old songs and a few new songs. "The album was really to close the door on our first four albums because we knew that next our sound would change. We wanted to sort of group the first four together because they are all basically pop punk records and our sound basically left that for a darker heavier sound" says frontman Billie Beckett.

Then in September the band hit a rather massive bump in the road. "I just dont't think September is our month haha" says Collins. It was a September that Reported Failure officially split up. THis September though was a much worse tragedy. Almost simultaneously Billie Beckett was hospitalized for overdosing on lithium which he would later admit was a suicide attempt, and Matt Collins, who says himself that he will "Say whatever the fuck I want no matter how much hot water it gets me in", had an attempt on his life. Although unsuccessful Matt came away with a bullet to the arm.

It would seem that a day like this would cause Reported Failure to stop and try to figure things out, but instead it fueled them. "After that I was just like, fuck it man if we stop now then why did we ever try to keep going and put out a fourth album" says Collins. After a few weeks of recovery Reported Failure announced a new lineup adding KC James on guitar and the release of an EP in October.
The EP which ended up being called "My Name is Freedom/My Name is William" was a prequel to their fifth full length album due out in February of next year. The EP was darker and heavier as the band had promised. The EP debuted at number six and sold around 250,000 copies every week and still is. The release of the EP came along with Reported Failure headlining The No Venues Tour. The singles from the EP have both charted rather well, but it is in music videos where Reported Failure found they truly dominated. The video for the single My Name is William was the #1 video for four weeks in a row.

At the moment Reported Failure mania is at an all time high. "The days of Disarm seem so distant" says Peters. Post-Grunge Catastrophe is obviously the crowning achievement of Reported Failure in 2011, and the EP is just a sign of what is to come. 2011 was the year Reported Failure really got recognition for what they can do, but 2012 promises to be the year that as Vin Peters puts it "We will take everything that people think they know about us and what we can do then we will take it all to a level that no one expects".
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 30/12/2011(UTC)
Offline Synxhard  
#51 Posted : 30 December 2011 14:52:18(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Looking forward to some new stuff dudes! Usually the idea of being a commercially successful, viable act is something I completely disassociate with, but I gotta applaud you guys for getting there on your own terms without compromising your artistic integrity. I can't say enough good things about true, honest musicians like yourselves, it gives me hope that there are still some real people out there in the public eye.

-Jacob Buckley
Art Official
thanks 1 user thanked Synxhard for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 31/12/2011(UTC)
#52 Posted : 31 December 2011 04:34:41(UTC)

Vin: Thank you. I'm glad you brought that up. None of us are willing to ever change our sound to be more popular, but luckily we are popular enough to keep going and make more music plus live comfortable lives. Being a legitimate career band has been our long term goal and I hope we have been able to accomplish it.
UserPostedImage
#53 Posted : 03 January 2012 08:18:22(UTC)

Hey everyone! We've got some tour dates for you! The No Venues Tour has one leg to go, but then we will still have a few dates here in the US to play before we really sit down and relax haha. Check out the dates! Were playing a lot of shows in our homestate of California which will be nice because the no venues tour will only bring us there twice.

The No Venues Tour: Leg 3 - America
1/11/12 - Rio De Janiero, Brazil
1/13/12 - Rio De Janiero, Brazil
1/14/12 - Cordoba, Argentina
1/17/12 - Santa Cruz, Bolivia
1/19/12 - Trujillo, Peru
1/20/12 - Guayaquil, Ecuador
1/21/12 - Monterey, Mexico
1/24/12 - Guadalajara, Mexico
1/26/12 - Chihuahua, Mexico
1/27/12 - Dallas, TX (USA)
1/28/12 - Los Angeles, CA (USA)
1/30/12 - Seattle, Washington (USA)
2/1/12 - Denver, CO (USA)
2/3/12 - San Francisco, CA (USA)
2/4/12 - Cleveland, Ohio (USA)
2/6/12 - Memphis, TN (USA)
2/8/12 - Tampa, Florida (USA)
2/10/12 - Washington DC (USA)
2/11/12 - New York, NY (USA)

Lily's Demand and Supply Tour with Lily, Riot! in the Boulevard, Scott H, Book of Love, Metallic Swan, and Faking Our Own Destiny
We wont be there for the whole thing, but we will play a few dates. So stoked to be on tour with Riot! in the Boulevard again, and it'll be nice to finally tour with Lily, and meet some of these other artists.

March 5, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA

March 8, 2012 - Fresno, CA

March 10, 2012 - San Jose, CA

March 11, 2012 - San Diego, CA

May 1, 2012 - East Rutherford, NJ

May 3, 2012 - Columbus, OH

May 4, 2012 - Grand Rapids, MI

May 6, 2012 - Rockford, IL

May 7, 2012 - Moline, IL

May 8, 2012 - Council Bluffs, IA

May 10, 2012 - Salt Lake City, UT

May 12, 2012 - Seattle , WA

May 27, 2012 - St. Gallen, Switzerland

June 5 , 2012 - Bali, Indonesia

June 11 , 2012 - Santiago de Chile, Chile

Totally Awesome 5 Date Tour of Shredding, and Talking Between Songs!
April 26, 2012 - Sacramento CA @ Ace of Spades
Playing back in the town that 3/5 of us call home on the one year anniversary of our album Post-Grunge Catastrophe. We will perform that album in it's entirety, plus a whole shitload of oldies for the hometown fans and some new songs too. We would like just one band to open up for us, and if you would like to be that one band let us know. (OOC: PM me)
May 18, 2012 - Portland OR @ Rotture
We will be playing in the hometown of our newest member, KC James, and will play a lot of old songs again, plus a few new ones. Once again we'd like just one band to open up for us.
May 23, 2012 - Seattle WA @ El Corazon
We will be playing at one of our favorite places to play ever. Again a lot of oldies, maybe some of Billie Beckett's solo work, and obviously some new songs, probably more new songs will be played at this show than any of the others. We are open to as many other artists as want to play (OOC: PM me). it's going to be just a massive musical party!
June 2, 2012 - Boulder CO @ The Boulder Theatre
Were playing here because it is the beginning of rafting season in Colorado and a few of us were going there for that and figured we might as well all go and play a show while were there! You can count on some songs from PGC being played there plus whatever we feel like playing. Two opening acts is a good amount if anyone is interested!
June 8, 2012 - Madison WC @ The Majestic Theatre
We are playing this show because we decided we wanted to play another show on this super mini tour. So we threw darts at a map and the first one to land near a town we actually felt like playing at landed near Madison. It'll be great! We plan to stuff ourselves with cheese after we play a setlist that we will probably make up on the spot. Be there. Two opening acts would be nice.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/01/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/01/2012(UTC)
#54 Posted : 09 January 2012 03:42:56(UTC)

Hey everyone! You know that single we released. Well it is #1 on the airplay chart! Thanks to all you wonderful fans. But the best part isn't even that. Our new album that comes out on the 21st, well the first song will be leaked today!
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/01/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/01/2012(UTC)
#55 Posted : 09 January 2012 03:50:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Harmony: I was so siked to see you guys #1 on the charts that I spilled hot cereal on my grandma! I have to run now cause she's trying to get me! :(

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 09/01/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#56 Posted : 09 January 2012 07:50:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8611 time(s) in 2698 post(s)
Amy: Congrats on the number #1 guys, it definitely proves that people still love a great rock song. :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 09/01/2012(UTC)
#57 Posted : 09 January 2012 08:01:45(UTC)

Matt: Just explain to Grandma that a super cool band topped the charts. Or outrun her. I hear grandmas can be slow

Vin: Thanks Amy. People do like their rock n roll still
UserPostedImage
Princess_Valentine on 09/01/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#58 Posted : 10 January 2012 01:29:57(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17941 time(s) in 10428 post(s)
Erica: i find the best way to outrun the elderly is to flatten one of the tennis balls on their walkers.

Nina: or put sugar in the gas tank of their buick. Old people love buicks.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
#59 Posted : 17 January 2012 06:27:23(UTC)

Looking for an act or a couple of acts to open up for us at the following show...
April 26, 2012 - Sacramento CA @ Ace of Spades
May 18, 2012 - Portland OR @ Rotture
May 23, 2012 - Seattle WA @ El Corazon
June 2, 2012 - Boulder CO @ The Boulder Theatre
June 8, 2012 - Madison WC @ The Majestic Theatre

Live Stream of No Venues Tour at the Santa Monica beach
On January 28th we will be playing in Cali for the first time since last summer and were going to record the whole thing and throw it up on the web. As a result it will be our most epic setlist of the entire tour probably. We will play until the cops either shut us down or we pass out. And you get to watch it all on the wonderful interweb!
UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 17/01/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#60 Posted : 18 January 2012 08:20:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Bianca: I would love to play a show :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar