logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#141 Posted : 23 March 2012 09:32:14(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Leaving the voting open until tomorrow afternoon since I only have a total of 3 votes. Lets get voting guys!

OOC: If you'd like your artist to be on the show just pm me so we can schedule a date.

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

#142 Posted : 25 March 2012 12:21:13(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Since it's becoming impossible to get any votes for the videos, I'm considering just getting rid of the video countdown in the show. It will no longer be called the Music Box Top Ten obviously and instead will just be the Music Box.

The shows will just consist of interviews and live performances. You will still be able to premiere your videos here if you like and the episodes will still be on Fridays. However I always do "special episodes" for those who need to promote a video, single, etc.

Hope you guys like the new changes and you're welcome to leave your comments. Thanks.

Edited by user 25 March 2012 12:26:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
deadserious on 25/03/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/03/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/03/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#143 Posted : 25 March 2012 12:26:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Hey, it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do :) It's a struggle, I tell you what. (In my Hank Hill voice)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 25/03/2012(UTC)
Offline deadserious  
#144 Posted : 25 March 2012 12:27:16(UTC)
deadserious

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
I know how you feel, its frustrating. But everyone seems to be voting less on other charts too. But I cant thank you enough for continuing this regardless.

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
thanks 1 user thanked deadserious for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 25/03/2012(UTC)
#145 Posted : 25 March 2012 12:28:07(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Hey, it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do :) It's a struggle, I tell you what. (In my Hank Hill voice)

OOC: Lol. Shut up. :P

#146 Posted : 25 March 2012 12:30:01(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: deadserious Go to Quoted Post
I know how you feel, its frustrating. But everyone seems to be voting less on other charts too. But I cant thank you enough for continuing this regardless.

Yeah but their votes aren't as low as mines lol. I think people's favorite parts are the interviews and performances anyway so the videos probably won't be missed all that much. No problem. I'm glad I did, its been really fun. :)

#147 Posted : 29 March 2012 10:18:48(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Don't miss this chance to see the one and only Alicia Lena!

Tune in to the Music Box on Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:00pm.

UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 29/03/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/03/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 29/03/2012(UTC)
#148 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:00:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Welcome to another wonderful episode of the “Music Box!” I'm your host, Lisa and today we have Alicia Lena stopping by for a little fun Q & A. Plus we also have a brand spanking new video from Jennifer Armstrong for her single, "My Heart Is Not For Taking." Make sure you stick around for that but for now, its time to bring out our beautiful guest for the day. Give it up for Alicia Lena!!!!!

*audience applause*

ALICIA LENA MUSIC BOX INTERVIEW

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Hello Alicia, its nice to have you join us today on the show. As a musician, you've written many songs throughout your career. Songs that have been or may not been released. What is your favorite song to perform?

Alicia: I think ‘Who I Am, Who I’m Not, Who I Wanna Be’ is probably the one that gets the most focussed attention whenever I perform it live, every time I start up the piano intro the crowd just goes completely silent, so that’s always a favorite of mine to perform live. I enjoy performing covers too and I gotta say that ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’ by Sam Cooke is an incredible song to perform, not just because of the lyrics and the power of the song but also some of those notes that you have to hit, it’s always a challenge no matter how many times I’ve performed the song.

Lisa: Always a joy to hear you sing both those songs. *Smiles* You are always on the road, constantly visiting different places all of the time. Where's your favorite place to travel?

Alicia: I’ve been blessed to go to some pretty wonderful places, I love Monaco and Barcelona, they’re really great cities. But more recently I’ve spent quite some time out in Hawaii and the way of life out there is incredible, it’s so different from New York, I think if I was ever to move somewhere else then I'd definitely choose Hawaii.

Lisa: Yes, Hawaii is certainly a great place to be. Most artists will tell you that most of their songs were inspired by someone or something else. Who or what inspires you when you make your songs?

Alicia: All kinds of things inspires me, I like to find the beauty in the mundane things in life and I like to think that a lot of what I write is accessible to the people on the street. There’s some things that I find difficult to write about like love and money and that sort of thing but I think my own internal issue’s appear in my music quite often, for example songs like, ‘Who I Am’ and ‘Another Face In The Crowd’ are as personal as I’ve ever gotten. But more recently my own personal beliefs have become more evident in my work.

Lisa: I've always believed that the kind of music that involves an artists personal beliefs within in it are the best kinds of music. You've certainly proved my point time and time again. Exactly how did you know you wanted to be a singer?

Alicia: I always knew, I know it may seem a little odd to say that but yeah. My parents were really into classical music and I was taught the cello at a very early age, real early, we’re talking music lessons from the age of 6 and I moved onto learning to play the piano at 8 but it wasn’t really until the age of 11 when I started to sing seriously. I mean I was always singing as a child but it was just for fun around the house but at 11 it was clear that it’s what I wanted to do.

Lisa: The world truly wouldn't be the same without your music in it that's for sure. Even though you're a celebrity, you're still human like the rest of us. Which means that you go through problems in life as well and it's certainly hard to keep afloat if you don't have your own personal quote that gets you through it all. What is your favorite quote?

Alicia: It’s quite difficult to choose just one quote but there is one that has always stuck in my mind, E.E. Cummings once wrote, “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.” I basically interpret it as, people don’t really seem to believe in perfection and so there’s always going to be some people that don’t like something about you and may try to change you but it’s the courageous ones that don’t fall to the pressure and change who they are and remain true to themselves.

Lisa: I adore that quote, it certainly can help out a lot. Being an artists certainly has its advantages. What’s your favorite part about being a musician?

Alicia: There’s a lot of great things about being a musician, the opportunity to get to visit some incredible places is something I’ve loved about being a musician, having more people than you ever imagined singing your own songs back to you is a feeling like no other. There are so many great things about it.

thanks 4 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 31/03/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2012(UTC), deadserious on 31/03/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 01/04/2012(UTC)
#149 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:02:52(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Often times in life we look back and reflect on the decisions we've made. If you could change anything from your past what would it be?

Alicia: That’s a pretty tough question to answer, I guess If I could change anything from my past then I’d maybe have taken more chances, I left San Diego at 18 years old to move to New York, I was being completely independent when I did that so I knew that I had to be cautious and be a little careful and so for those first two years on my own in New York I avoided so many great opportunities, if I could go back and do it all again then I’d maybe change that and take more risks but I was young and making sure that I had a regular wage no matter how little, that was more important. But thankfully everything seemed to work out.

Lisa: Happy to hear that it did. *smiles* The Chaos Awards V are this Sunday, will you be in attendance?

Alicia: Sadly not, I’ll be hoping to watch on TV though, it’s a shame I can’t be there since it’s probably the best event in music, It’s always an entertaining evening but these next few weeks are gonna be quite hectic for me so I’ll have to miss out on this show.

Lisa: Aww well maybe next year you can and good luck. Who would you most like to see take home an award?

Alicia: There’s so many to choose from, I think Giselle has been outstanding recently and certainly deserves an award. Dominic Brown has had quite some success recently so it would be nice to see him pick up an award, Of course Nadia will be very difficult to beat but there’s so many to choose from, I think Katie Coyle and Weekend will definitely go home with an award or two. I think best album will be an interesting category, with Nadia, Cinzia and Giselle. I think Stephanie Fierce or Ryan Ross Hernandez have to take home the Icon Award but Glamazon has a great chance. I think it should be pretty close in so many categories so it will be interesting.

Lisa: Those are pretty much the same people I think will win too. Look at you reading my mind. *Laughs* A lot of times we see time and time again celebrities getting into trouble, how do you keep yourself from letting the fame get to your head?

Alicia: It’s not something I particularly have to worry about so much, I want to be completely judged on my music ability and I’d like to be a respected artist rather than a caricatured image created by the media, I live my life as normally as I possibly can, I don’t feel like I’m any different to the average person on the streets of Manhattan, I mean sure, people occasionally ask for a photograph with me or for my autograph but the majority of times I can just live my life like a regular person.

Lisa: You're always so humble, I just love that about you. You've worked with quite a few varieties of artists from Ryan Ross Hernandez to Dominic Brown, are there any other artists you're just dying to work with next?

Alicia: Collaborations are always fun, I’ve had the chance to work with some great artists and there’s more that I’d love to work with in the future. I think Giselle would have to be the one that I’d be most interested in working with at this moment in time, I think she’s an incredibly innovative artist with some really great ideas and I that’s something I really like about her, it’s always difficult to come up with something that feels unique and new but I think she’s recently proven that she’s a huge talent.

Lisa: A collab between you and Giselle would be super awesome. We'll have to call our good friend Giselle up and see if we could get that happening. Over the years, you've had a total of five #1 singles and two albums that sold over three million copies worldwide. With that said, is there still a few goals you'd still like to achieve or are you fine with how you've done so far?

Alicia: Of course, there’s always a lot more that I want to achieve and I don’t think that ever stops. I think we’re always looking at the next thing that we want to achieve so yeah, I’m always looking to improve on any achievements that I’ve already had, I think that’s important.

Lisa: Well I'm sure there are more to come for you. When you see up and coming artists like Cassie Valentine, Naomi Page, Bianca Moretti, and The Weekend just to name a few, what advice would you give them?

Alicia: The best advice that I could give them would be to just work hard, I know it may seem like a pretty basic answer but you’ve just gotta work hard, you’ve got to tour your butt off. When I was first starting out someone said ‘The album alone is not enough, you’ve gotta tour, you’ve gotta go from east coast to west coast and when you’re done you’ve gotta turn around and do it again.’ And I did and he was right. There isn’t a manual on how to be a musician or how to be a success, there’s no rule book, there’s no right or wrong way of doing it, there’s just doing it, pure and simple and if you put in the hard work then you’ll get the rewards.

Lisa: Great advice Alicia. You currently release a statement awhile back that you had been working on your next album, “Reign Over Me.” How is this album different from your first two?

Alicia: There’s a growth between my previous album and the one that I’m currently working on. I think it’s shaping up pretty well. It’s feels more personal, there’s a lot more element of myself on this album in comparison to my first and second album. It’s primary influence is that old fashioned soul sound from artists like Sam Cooke and Otis Redding. I don’t think I can really call it a pop record, I’m sure there’s elements of that in the music of course but it’s as close to my own influences as I can possibly get and I think it pushes on further in the soul and blues genre more than my previous album did. I think it’s my best work yet.

Lisa: I'm sure it is Alicia, I'm sure it is. Are there any possible collaborations on the album and can you name some for us?

Alicia: Yes, there’s one or two collaborations on the album. There’s a song called ‘Place A Wish In Your Heart’ which should be released as a single sometime in April that features rap vocals from Chloe, I actually wrote the rap verse which was a pretty interesting challenge *laughs* but I think they’re alright. There’s one more collaboration on the album with a song featuring my friend Benji but whether that appears on the finished version of the album or not remains to be seen. Other than those two there’s no other collaborations, but the album’s not quite finished yet so you never know.

Lisa: Wow Chloe and Benji you say? Sounds amazing. What's next for Alicia Lena?

Alicia: It’s gonna be a busy couple of months, the second single from the album should be released sometime in April and hopefully I can get the album released sometime in May, I’m sure there’ll be the occasional magazine article or interviews in preparation for the album release, then maybe a couple of warm up shows to get the new material prepared.

Lisa: Certainly can't wait. We have a submitted question from Tim Howard, He asks: “Do you plan to get back out and tour again?”

Alicia: Yes, absolutely. I’m currently working with my label to finalise the tour dates and it’s looking like the biggest world tour of my career so far. We’re really planning on going all out in support of the album and the touring is without doubt the biggest part of the process, I think I could have the tour dates announced in the very near future so yes, I’ll be touring again around May or June and throughout the rest of the year.

Lisa: Our last question comes from an audience member.

Audience member: Have you thought about creating your own clothing line, nail polish line, etc.?

Alicia: No, to be honest I haven’t thought about anything like that. I’ve noticed that it’s becoming increasingly popular but I don’t have any plans for those kind of things any time soon, I think if I take a break from music for a short while then that could become an option but it’s nothing I’ve really thought about.

Thank you for those great questions you guys and thank you Alicia for joining us today. Up next we have the world premiere of Jennifer Armstrong's newest video. Right now we have to take a break but we'll be right back. Don't touch that dial.

*commercial break*

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 31/03/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2012(UTC), deadserious on 31/03/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 01/04/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 01/04/2012(UTC)
#150 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:09:31(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Hey hey welcome back everyone! Just as I promised we're back. The show is almost over but not before we get into today's new video. It comes from the lovely miss Jennifer Armstrong and we're proud to be the first one to premiere it. Without further adieu, here's “My Heart Is Not For Taking.” Enjoy!

UserPostedImage

The video begins with Jennifer and her older brother, Max, in their family living room sitting down at the coffee table in the middle of playing a game of scrabble. The two are seen laughing and having a great time in each others company.

Jen: Okay, its your turn and no cheating this time mister!

Max: Not promising a thing.

Max gives a quick grin at Jennifer before looking back at his neatly arranged display of tiles in front of him on his rack. He carefully thought out his next strategy and moments later placed his tile to create his word. Jennifer tries to make it out.

Jen: "Doh?" What the heck is "doh"

Max: You know, "D'oh!" from the Simpsons. Duh.

Jennifer stared at her brother blankly for a few moments then reached over to grab a pillow from the sofa to hit him with.

Max: Hey! Watch it! What was that for?

Jen: For cheating. You know that's not a real word genius.

Max: If Homer Simpson said it, then it must be. He's the coolest guy there is.

Max smiles once more while Jennifer rolls her eyes at him. She sets the pillow back in the spot it came from on the sofa before looking back at her brother.

Jen: Yeah yeah. Well.... looks like you ruined the game to me. I win!

Max: What? No way. That word alone should be worth a million points.

Jen: *Scoffs* You wish.

Max: You damn skippy I do.

Max starts making silly faces to get Jennifer to laugh while she tries her best not to. With Max silly faces getting funnier and funnier by the minute, Jennifer finally gives in and bursts out laughing. Max smiles and begins tickling her to make her laugh even harder. Still laughing, she tries to get away from him but Max doesn't budge. As the tickling increases, Jen begins begging for her brother to stop.

Jen: Omg..... stop.... Max.... stop!

Max: What was that? I couldn't hear ya Jen.

Jen: I said..... please.... stop.

Max: As you wish sis.

Max lets go and Jennifer falls back on the floor in exhaustion. He lays back against the couch with his hands behind his head, smiling and thinking about what had just happened between them. Meanwhile, Jennifer sits up and tries to hit Max again but he darts off in the other direction, barely escaping her punch.

Jen: Come back here you.

Max: Nope. Besides I have to go to work now.

Jen: *Frowns* You do? Aww can't you stay?

Max: Wish I could but I can't miss another day.

Jen: K.

Max: Hey don't give me that look. We can continue this when I get back.

Jennifer smiles and gets up to go over to her brother and hug him. The two remain close for what seems like a long time but moments later break apart. Max and Jen begin walking to the door then out towards Max's car. He gets in and cranks up his car then looks back at his sister who is standing there watching him.

Max: *Smiles* Love you.

Jen: *Smiles* Love you too.

Max waves goodbye and then waits for Jennifer to do the same before pulling off towards the direction of his job. Jennifer watches her brother's car pull off until she can no longer see it. She turns around and heads back inside to keep herself busy while she waits for her brother to get home.

The scene switches to show Max in his red car driving down the road on his way to work when suddenly a car in the opposite lane loses control and swerves off into Max's lane. Max's car gets hit from the side and is drove off onto the shoulder of the road, crashing into the ramps. Seconds later a loud explosion is heard and the car is surrounded by smoke and large bright flames.

UserPostedImage

The music begins and the screen then goes black for just a few seconds before switching to show someone's hands are playing a piano. The words "Three Months Later" appear on the screen towards the bottom.

UserPostedImage

In the next scene, the camera zooms out to reveal Jennifer, wearing a long red dress, as the one who is playing at the black piano. She begins to sing verse one.

UserPostedImage

Life was never suppose to be this way
You were never suppose to leave me behind
Picking up the pieces, hoping some day
I'd find that this is all a dream in my mind
I'm so hurt and mad at you for leaving me
Its not easy when you're all that I miss
You always told me to be the best I can be
But its so hard when I always hurt like this

The scene then switches to show Jennifer, wearing a white dress and a light brown jacket, standing in a room in front of a purple painted wall with a variety of black symbols painted on it. She looks into the camera as she sings the chorus.

UserPostedImage

Don't you know my heart is not for taking
Yeah my heart is not for breaking
I don't know how to keep on surviving
Yeah my life can't be reviving
My soul is so lost without you here
Nothing in my life is no longer clear
Oh brother I need you to come back
So maybe my heart can relax

A flashback occurs showing Jennifer and her family receiving the news of Max's passing. Jennifer's mother and older sister begin to break out in cry as the rest of the family try to console the two women. Jennifer, in disbelief, refuses to believe it and lets out her rage.

Jen: No..... you're lying! I just saw.... him. He can't be.... gone.

Jennifer's father comes over to console her but she yanks away. Her father sighs.

David: Jen please. Try to calm down.

Jen: No..... its all a lie!

Jennifer storms off towards her room, slamming her door and jumps into her bed. She remains there all night, thinking about Max and crying her eyes out. The flashback fades and the camera now reveals Jennifer at the piano once more signing verse two.

UserPostedImage

Late at night when I try to fall asleep
I'm kept awake by the good memories
Stuck in my mind all night as I weep
No one to share the pain of the memories
I'm so hurt and mad at you for leaving me
Its not easy when you're all that I miss
You always told me to be the best I can be
But its so hard when I always hurt like this

The camera closes in to show Jennifer with her eyes closed. She sings the chorus once more but with even more emotion this time.

UserPostedImage

The scene switches back to show Jennifer in the room with the purple and black wall again. She begins to sing the bridge.

UserPostedImage

Not sure how much I can take
Cos my heart keeps increasing
At any moment it will break
Into a million pieces
No one to put it back together
No one except you
Has the slightest clue
How my heart works altogether
(ohhhhhhhhhh)

The next scene, the camera zooms out to show the full view of the white room that Jennifer sits in to play her black piano. As she sings the chorus, the scene fades out to show her and Max having fun together.

UserPostedImage

The flashbacks fade and Jennifer is standing in front of the purple and black background again. As she sings the final chorus, a tear rolls down her face. The video slowly fades out until the screen is completely black. A few words appear that read "R.I.P Max Armstrong. We will always love you."

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Whoa what a terrific video. Wouldn't you say guys?

*audience applause*

Lisa: Looks like they love it Jennifer. That's all the time we have this week but tune in next week for another special performance. I'm Lisa and this has been the Music Box. Peace.

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/03/2012(UTC), deadserious on 31/03/2012(UTC), FiveT on 31/03/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 01/04/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#151 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:23:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Awwww this is so good Jen! Very brave of you to make a video about Max, I know he loves it :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 31/03/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#152 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:34:11(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Greg: Brought a tear to a grown man's eye.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
#153 Posted : 31 March 2012 10:38:56(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Jen: Thanks Izzy. It was very hard. Awwww glad you loved it Greg.

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/03/2012(UTC)
Offline deadserious  
#154 Posted : 31 March 2012 12:34:41(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
Aimery: Wow, that made me all teary eyed and everything. Such a sad way to lose someone you care so deeply about, now I feel the need to contemplate about the world.

OOC: Lovely, lovely interview. I could actually picture the whole thing in my head as if it were the real deal.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
thanks 1 user thanked deadserious for this useful post.
#155 Posted : 31 March 2012 12:49:20(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Jen: Yea it really is. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Glad you liked the video.

OOC: Thanks. So could I. It was fun to put together too. :)

#156 Posted : 07 April 2012 04:56:36(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Aimery Achai joins us on the Music Box tonight at 8pm!

UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
deadserious on 07/04/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/04/2012(UTC)
#157 Posted : 07 April 2012 10:10:05(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Welcome to another wonderful episode of the “Music Box!” I'm your host, Lisa and today we have a very special show for you all today. The hottest new sensation, Aimery Achai will be stopping by for Q&A. Plus he'll also be premiering his new video right here just for us a little bit later. Oh and we're not done, Benji Luna will be performing right here tonight! You definitely don't want to miss it but for now, its time to bring out our special guest for the day. Give it up for Aimery Achai!!!!!

*audience applause*

Lisa: Hello Aimery, pleasure having you join us today. Just two months ago, you made your way onto the music scene with your debut single, “C'est La Vie.” Explain the process of how you chose that particular song to be the one that you'd make your debut into the industry.

Aimery: Its awesome to be here! Well, I wanted a big upbeat song to get me out there. I decided to go with "C'est La Vie", because its lighter than my other songs yet still be in your face. It was almost automatic really.

Lisa: For those who never heard your music, explain your sound in 5 words?

Aimery: Well my music is, real, lively, thoughtful, different, and I'm not sure if I can say this...orgasmic.

Lisa: Exactly how did you get started singing?

Aimery: Since I was a child, I started singing when my parents played music by Elvis. He really inspired me, so my dad got me a guitar, and I started singing and playing. When I got older, my friends and I started a band. We jammed all the time, and I knew that's what I wanted to do with my life. And here I am now!

Lisa: What was the first song you ever sung?

Aimery: The first song I remember singing was "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles. My mother would sing it to me all the time as a kid, they way she sang it was so calming it put me right to sleep. So, I would sing it all the time as a kid, and I would even do a little act to it. The song is really a cute song to sing to a kid, looking back now. Makes me smile.

Lisa: A few weeks back, you were able to get signed to Black Tie Productions. How has that been going for you?

Aimery: Its amazing, at first I was iffy about it. The label is really nice which is good, its not too big where you get lost in the shuffle, but its the right size. So far its been going great, I'm really crazy about my music style but they understand and accept that.

Lisa: How did it feel filming your first official video for "C'est La Vie?"

Aimery: It was fun! I got all my friends and family together for this. It was like a big long party, doing everything you wish you could do if you got the chance. If I got a chance to do it again, I so would.

Lisa: You've performed at many different places, from Soho to Grey Ghost Concert Hall. What has been your favorite place you've performed so far and why?

Aimery: I love to perform, its almost like a second nature to me. I loved performing at Grey Ghost, its just the perfect venue. I can't put my finger on it, but it the overall atmosphere of the place. It gives you a certain intimacy with the audience. I have a sort of dislike for the over-theatrical performance. For me its just about the music and the fans, not the tricks. And I feel that Grey Ghost was the perfect place to connect.

Lisa: After releasing your debut single, you dropped an EP titled, “Who's Aimery?” How do you feel about the success of the EP?

Aimery: Amazed and shocked. I didn't expect it to be such a hit, when I herd it got to number 4 I was stunned. I feel happy about it, I like the nice feedback its been getting by the fans and that's whats most important. And if they like it, I do.

Lisa: Recently you announced that your debut album, “Rise,” and released two singles from it already, “War (Come Together)" and Must Be Love.” Could you tell us more about the album, things like the sound you want to go for or how you went about selecting the songs for it?

Aimery: The album is really raw and unpolished. A majority of the songs were recorded through my computer and my simple home studio. I wanted the album to be lo-fi, and implement a "wall of sound", to give it an overall vintage sound. The songs are a mix of folk, rock, and reggae, and go over political topics, love, youth, and fun. I didn't want to make an album on just politics because I would sound whiny and contrived. “War (Come Together)" is my favorite song on the album, it was inspired by the folk songs of the 60s and how close we are to a nuclear war right now. Another favorite of mines is "Runaway" which is about teenage rebellion, and my life. It was the hardest song I had to right, because its too personal. I felt like I was being too out there. Overall, the album is different from anything in the mainstream right now and its something that will make you think.

Lisa: Rise is set to drop late May, since then have you been able to decide a more percise date and are things going according to plan with the tracklist, production, etc.?

Aimery: Most definitely, everything is going perfect. I hope it stays that way, but if things get better single wise. The album date may get pushed up.

Lisa: What can we all expect from Aimery Achai next?

Aimery: Well, i'm not the one to give too much away. But, I always wanted to do a little good old fashioned rock n' roll. It seems like no one does it anymore, it needs a comeback. Really, I can't say for sure. I may do do a straight metal record if i'm in a certain mindset. But expect growth for sure.

Lisa: You've been experiencing a lot celebrity privileges, are you enjoying the celebrity life?

Aimery: I'm getting used to it. I haven't grasped the idea of walking down the street with a whole entourage of people like many celebrities. I do get a lot of teen girls bombarding my house for autographs, and it was funny at first. But, its tiring after a while. At the end of the day, i'm just happy I even got here. So beggars can't be choosers you know.

Lisa: As a new artist trying to reach fame, do you ever fall victim to pressure in efforts to keep from making mistakes?

Aimery: Yea, I do. The higher you go, the harder you will fall. I want to put out records that will make the fans happy, critics are not a thought to me, they hate everything. I especially don't want to misguide younger kids to do bad things. I don't want to be an "idol", but I don't want to have a negative impact on children who are impressionable. However, I'm only human, and I do make mistakes. And having fame can make it worse, so I do try to watch what I do and say.

Lisa: We have a submitted question from Melissa. She says: “Will you be going on any tours anytime soon?”

Aimery: Right now, I'm going on a very small 7 date tour to promote the album. But someday, I hope to get on a bigger tour. So stay on the look out, I want to do it before the end of this year.

Lisa: Our last question comes from an audience member.
Audience member: Hi Aimery! Which artist would you love to work with someday?

Aimery: Such a hard question. The talent out right now is crazy, but if I had to choose it would be Cristina Lake. I love her music, and her talent is really amazing and pure. There's something about her that draws you in. Others I would like to are Jacob Estrada and Bianca Moretti.

Lisa: Thank you for those questions and thank you Aimery for being here today. We'd love to have you back on the show in the future. Up next we'll be premiering Aimery's new video but first we must take a commercial break. Don't touch that dial.

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
STRIKE on 07/04/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/04/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/04/2012(UTC), FiveT on 08/04/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/04/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/04/2012(UTC)
#158 Posted : 07 April 2012 10:21:28(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Welcome back you guys! I'm Lisa and its time to premiere today's new video from Aimery Achai. It's called "Must Be Love" and here it is now. Enjoy!

UserPostedImage

Must Be Love
3:15
Who's Aimery?
Black Tie Productions

The video takes place in an ordinary suburban high school, and Aimery is playing as a stereotypical high school nerd. On his way to school, one of the jocks stuffs Aimery in a locker. In there he begins to daydream about a girl...

Aimery: *Says to self* I wish I could get the perfect girl.

*Suddenly Aimery begins to daydream*

A girl walks to the locker hearing Aimery screaming, she opens it and asks.

Girl: What are you doing here?

Aimery: Some idiot put me here, thanks for getting me out. What's your name?

Girl: My name is Madison, and yours is...?

Aimery: Aimery *smiles awkwardly*

Madison: Do you want to go to lunch? I'm new here.

Aimery: Ughh, sure, yea.

As they walk to the lunchroom, everyone stares at the two. Madison feeling weird asks.

Madison: Why is everyone staring?

Aimery:You're like really...hot.

The music begins and Aimery sings the first chorus.

What is this feeling coming over me,
I thought it could never be,
I feel weird when I'm next to you
Could it be love that I'm feeling
Or just some infatuation

Must be, must be, must be love
Love, love, love
Must be, must be, must be
love, love, love

The two are sitting together laughing and chatting. Aimery begins to have a crush on her, he asks her to the prom and she said yes smiling.

With that dress you wear,
and your long brown hair,
you drive me crazy whenever you are near
You smile and my day goes great,
when you laugh I know my fate,
and its to be with you
Forever and always

Love, love, love
love, love, love

Madison gives Aimery a makeover, and they begin to get closer. Aimery eventually falls in love. A few weeks later, they go to prom. Ad when Aimery sees her in her gown his draw drops.

Blessed with the most beautiful eyes,
I know that you are mines
You have style and grace,
and I know you were made in heaven
Because no girl on earth could compare
I don't know how I can bare a world without you
And I must admit, I love you

Love, love, love
love, love, love

Love, love, love
love, love, love

After the dance, Aimery confesses his love for her. She smiles, and says she doesn't love him back. And said it was all a joke, Madison goes to her boyfriend and kiss him in front of Aimery. Aimery is crushed and heartbroken, and envisions everyone laughing. Aimery wakes up, and is relived it was a dream. Although he is in the locker, and he screams for help. And just then, Madison opens the locker and says...

Madison: What are you doing here?

Aimery looks to the camera and the video ends.

Lisa: Such an amazing video. Wouldn't you say guys?

*audience applauds*

Lisa: I'll take that as a yes. We have to take another commercial break but when we come back Benji Luna performs right here just for us. You don't want to miss it. We'll be right back.

thanks 4 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/04/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/04/2012(UTC), FiveT on 08/04/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/04/2012(UTC)
#159 Posted : 07 April 2012 10:33:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Hey hey! Welcome back. I'm Lisa and just as I promise, here's Benji Luna!!!!

BENJAMIN LUNA LIVE ON MUSIC BOX – APRIL 6, 2012

UserPostedImage

The announcement of Benjamin Luna is met with mild applause as he’s still a relatively unknown artist but as the lights turn the stage into entire blackness a soft blues guitar riff by Benji can be heard as the lone figure is stood centre stage, “You guys good tonight?” he asks with a smattering of applause “This is a love song” he laughs slightly before turning around and with his back to the audience he counts to his backing band before shouting, “Let’s do this” and with that signal the band begin to play with a drum beat and an even more powerful blues guitar riff that introduces the song;

“Oh, I’ve been pushed around with my face in the dirt
I’ve had my scars torn open to feel all this hurt
I’ve been laughed at and beaten with hands around my neck
Just holding it tighter until I lose my breath
I’ve been stabbed in the back
I’ve been pushed to the floor
I’ve had all this pain and then some more
I keep getting up, can’t you see
It’s you I’m fighting for
You and me

Oh, I’ve been left all alone in the pouring rain
I’ve felt the blood on my face and the pulse in my vein
I’ve seen the mercy of love in the cold light of day
I’ve seen the pain you’ve had and I’ll take it all away
I’ve been beaten and bruised
I’ve been close to death
I’ve been lied to and cheated
With your single breath
But when there’s nothing else that I can do
Just remember that I’ll take the bruises for you

I’ll take the bruises for you and we’ll be alright
I’ll take the bruises for you every day and night
I’ll take the bruises for you because I’ve seen you at your best
I’ll take the bruises for you and all the rest
I’ll take the bruises for you in the cold light of day
I’ll take the bruises for you if you promise you’ll stay”

UserPostedImage

Moving back and forth across the stage with the rest of his backing band, Benjamin has the crowd in full energy as he sings with powerful vocals and plays his guitar continually throughout, all the while moving to the edge of the stage to reach his hand out to the energetic crowd in the front rows during instrumental breaks in the song, before slowly making his back to the microphone at the centre of the stage to continue singing in his powerful bluesy vocals which provides the emotion that you’d expect from a love song of this nature;

“Oh, I’ve been tired and lonely, I’ve been cold and shaken
I’ve been questioning all the things that we’re so used to taking
I’ve been confused and lost like a child in a flood
I’ve taken the pain, the scars and the blood
It’s been like this for so long
Maybe you will see
That it’s you I’m fighting for
Baby, you and me

Oh, I’ve been left all alone in the pouring rain
I’ve felt the blood on my face and the pulse in my vein
I’ve seen the mercy of love in the cold light of day
I’ve seen the pain you’ve had and I’ll take it all away
I’ve been beaten and bruised
I’ve been close to death
I’ve been lied to and cheated
With your single breath
But when there’s nothing else that I can do
Just remember that I’ll take the bruises for you

I’ll take the bruises for you and we’ll be alright
I’ll take the bruises for you every day and night
I’ll take the bruises for you because I’ve seen you at your best
I’ll take the bruises for you and all the rest
I’ll take the bruises for you in the cold light of day
I’ll take the bruises for you if you promise you’ll stay”

With the end of the song, Benjamin strikes the final chord on his guitar and ends the vocal performance with a high note that the crowd clearly enjoy as their cheers increase. He steps back from the microphone slightly and raises his hands in acknowledgement of the crowd, he takes a little bow before stepping up to the microphone, “Thank you, enjoy your evening”

Lisa: Thank you Benji for that excellent performance. Well that's our show for tonight but tune in next week for another great show. Deuces!

thanks 6 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
STRIKE on 07/04/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/04/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/04/2012(UTC), FiveT on 08/04/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/04/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/04/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#160 Posted : 08 April 2012 19:05:36(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Martina (Teen Titans): Aimery and Benjamin have just become part of my favourite artists. So talented!

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 3 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 08/04/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/04/2012(UTC), deadserious on 09/04/2012(UTC)