logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#221 Posted : 22 July 2012 03:45:26(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Looking for someone to take control of the Music Box and keep it going!

(PM me if interested. :))
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#222 Posted : 22 July 2012 04:40:44(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Happy to announce that the ownership of the Music Box has been filled. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 22/07/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#223 Posted : 26 July 2012 22:09:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
OOC: There's three guests on the show this week, so if each of you could have your interview/performances sent to me for tommorow then that would be great, if not then I can delay the show for another week, either way let me know :)
Also if anyone has any ideas of any alternative music based shows for the music box then feel free to PM me, thanks :)
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/07/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#224 Posted : 01 August 2012 03:09:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 01 August 2012 03:10:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/08/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#225 Posted : 04 August 2012 04:46:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

You have recently released your second studio album and it appears like it will be a big success, how was the recording process of the album?
I hope it succeed too. Well I started out writing songs for this album while I was still on tour last year, I was feeling very inspired due to a delusion I had back then and several songs like the title song of the album were born that time. After I finished touring I went to vacations with my mom and my sister and several other ideas and songs started to born too, so right after I arrived home from vacation, I called my manager and Studio60’s new manager Julian and I told them I was ready to make the follow up for Love and Heartbreak. Weeks after I was in the studio with them and a bunch of other people like my band my best producer ever Rick Rubin and my sister came once in a while to check me, it was a very family Sunday feeling, record this album. The pressure of making a second album was camouflaged, I only realized that I was about to release a second album when it was done.

The most recent single from the album ‘The Same Tear’ has gone to number #1 this week, how does it feel when you find out the news that your songs or albums have become a success?
I cry LOL, seriously, well this is my very first number one single on radio, I had like a number two and others top five, but a number it was my first time, so I cried a lot, LOL of happiness of course. It’s a very awkward feeling of joy and pleasure, awkward because you realize that millions of people are in the same mood you once were and those millions of people are listening to that song, they really don’t know the true story behind that song, this only belongs to the artist, but they make up their own story over those lyrics, but for me as a person, it’s like they’re reading my diary.

The majority of your songs deal with the subject of love and heartbreak, that was even the title of your debut album. Have you dealt with a lot of heartbreak in your life or do you just enjoy writing and singing about those sorts of things?
Actually I had two heartbreaks in my life, most of the songs I wrote is me dealing with my own self, I’m a very complicated person, I’m the best in making friends but I’m awful on relationships, they say that people who have lots of friends are the loneliest people in the world, that’s me. I don’t really understand myself sometimes, in my first album songs were more softer than this one, so I can say that ‘Seasons’ is more of my own issues and struggles, my own way to see things, in ‘Heartbreak’ I was analyzing from a general point of view. I guess, but in the end they’re all love songs.

Your still a young musician and with three albums released overall, two studio and one live album. How long do you hope to continue to make music for?
As long as it keeps bringing me the joy and happiness it brings me now, I’ll be making music forever.

When can fans expect you to debut your latest music on tour?
I don’t know if I can reveal now, my label would kill me if I do it, because they want make this huge announcement, but anyway, I can say that touring will happen this year and probably next year too, so very soon you’ll know news about the ‘Seasons World Tour’

Do you think that you will headline the tour or will you be looking to be a supporting act?
This is frightening, because I never had a headline tour before, I toured with Cassie Valentine last year and that was a moment to remember, but now my manager and people at the label wants me to headline a world tour. That’s very intriguing for me, because at the ‘Pink Romance Tour’ people paid to watch Cassie and maybe me, but me headlining a tour means that I’m the protagonist, so pressure is bigger!

You’re a Brazilian native, do you think it’s more difficult to write music when it’s not your first language, I mean there’s a lot of English musicians that seem to have difficulties with their own language so learning another I’d imagine could have difficulties, especially as a songwriter?
That’s a very interesting question, yes it was very hard at the beginning, but actually I had English lessons since I was a child so the major problem was to translate my Portuguese feelings into English feelings, LOL but now I’m very used in writing in English, you should read my first lyrics, LOL they were hilarious.

What is the biggest influence on your own music?
Genres like jazz, blues and soul, I love Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and also Dolly Parton. Actually for this new record I became obsessed about Dolly Parton, I think she’s a wonderful singer and songwriter and she’s an actress too. But I listen to new songs too like Alicia Lena’s new album, it’s amazing!

You don’t seem to cause controversy very often and you seem like quite a quiet young person, is it difficult to keep your life private?
I choose to be recognized by my music, I never wanted to be known for things I did, I watched my sister Magie suffer a lot because of stories published on tabloids and magazines, so I decided to be the most private I could. But sure it’s hard to keep that privacy, because even your fans wants to know something more of your daily routine and you own them a big part of your life, so I try to balance things I like to tell my fans some things and other things I want to keep for myself. But it’s hard sometimes.

Who would you say are your favorite musicians around right now?
I cited Alicia Lena before, she’s wonderful I love her, but I listen to pretty much everything, Glamazon is releasing amazing music recently, Isabel has a new album too and both are my label mates, I like my sister music too LOL, if I didn’t say that she’d kill me after this interview, Brittany Knox is a great singer too. Pretty much everyone does a good job in this industry, they all work very hard.

If you could change one thing about the music industry then what would it be?
That’s a hard question, well I choose to be in a label, so pretty much all of the hard work like the legal things and the boring things of releasing music is up to them to solve, I just have to deal with some things like my art and the way I should look and the way I must be seen, it’s boring sometimes, maybe I’d change that, but in fact I don’t know if I can change that anyway, LOL.

So what are your plans for the next couple of months?
Well I just released the album and promotion goes on, we’re thinking about a new single very soon, this week we premiered the video of ‘The same tear’ so there’re loads of things to be done as promotions, but next month it’s time to a full dedication for my upcoming tour.

Thank you for your time and good luck with your latest album and your future plans, it’s been a pleasure to have you on our show.
The pleasure is mine, thank you all for having me and thanking you guys for buying my singles and records, I love you all so much!

Edited by user 04 August 2012 04:47:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/08/2012(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 04/08/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/08/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#226 Posted : 04 August 2012 10:10:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Awww you think I'm a great singer? That means so much, amazing interview from an amazing singer...:)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#227 Posted : 04 August 2012 10:16:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Well you know us Merjos's love us some Abie Lena ;) Haha.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline C4AJoh  
#228 Posted : 06 August 2012 06:54:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: If anyone would like to take control of this then PM me