logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#201 Posted : 20 May 2012 09:22:46(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Aw, am I really a veteran? Lol I hope you guys never stop making music either, you've really helped me through some tough days and you're representing for groups all over the world :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 20/05/2012(UTC), FiveT on 23/05/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#202 Posted : 27 May 2012 04:53:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
STEPHANIE FIERCE LIVE - MUSIC BOX INTERVIEW!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Music Box, as always your Friday night entertainment begins right here. Tonight we have a hugely well-known guest being interviewed for you, she’s considered one of the most well-known musicians of the past five years, pleased welcome … Stephanie Fierce!!!

Stephanie Fierce starts waving at the crowd, smiling warmly as she heads center stage.

Stephanie, welcome to the show, it’s great to finally have you here

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you so much, I'm so honored to be here.

So you’ve been in the industry for a long time now, what’s the secret to that sort of longevity?

Stephanie Fierce: The music industry is always constantly changing and a lot of things that do happen, happen out of luck but to be honest there isn't really a secret. I think people chose who they want to see happen in the long run, so it is the fans. It's a scary thing to think about to be honest, especially since I've made it this far. I've seen generations of artists come and go and that kind of does make me feel old, but I'm only 26 (laughs). Now when you think about it , out of everyone that started when I started there is only two or three people who are still making music, it's a bit strange because I expected some people to last a bit longer than others, I always pictured myself trying other things and I'm happy I was able to accomplish that. (Steph smiles, while wavign at other fans)

You’ve of course been unafraid to move into different genres over the years and have certainly shown that you’re not afraid to take risks when it comes to your music but what is your preferred genre?

Stephanie Fierce: I personally love every genre I've done as an artist. to me I respect any genre, if I have a connection with the background. However, I love this question because I don't ever get a chance to speak on this. My favorite genre of music will have to be Indie pop and ambient music. I love trippy sounds and things that aren't common or radio friendly. However from time to time, I love R&B, Rap and Soul. That's my urban side that will always stick with me. As you can see, there's always something "urban" in my music. At least most of the time. I love Blues, Country and Folk. It really just depends on the mood I"m in

Have you ever created something that you’ve looked on later in your career and thought, “That was terrible, What was I thinking?”

Stephanie Fierce: Not many artists would like to answer this question, including me (laughs) but I'll have a take on it. I personally think that working with Suzie on "Love Feels Like Osama Bin Laden" will remain the most embarrassing thing I've done. Period.

You’ve of course collaborated with a number of artists over the years, who was your most preferred collaborator and why?

Stephanie Fierce: It really sucks that I have to chose one. My most preffered collaboration will have to be with Johnny. My ex husband because he really thought me a lot about music and I feel that he's one of the very few people that I can always connect with musically. Him and my sister Vanity.

Is there anyone that you have yet to collaborate with but would love to in the near future?

Stephanie Fierce: I would love to collaborate with Mercedes Payne or Serenity Scott for sure.

You’re not just a musician and performer but your also a businesswoman and after having a lot of success with Hot Eye Records you’ve spoken about how that would be something you’d like to return to in the future, is there likely to be a return for Hot Eye Records anytime soon?

Stephanie Fierce: Hot Eye Records was definitely one of the biggest moves I've made in my career. As of right now, I hold all ownership and I'm working on some other deals. I want to re-launch it by the end of this year that way things could pick up by 2013. That's if the world doesn't end (laughs) I have to find talent. Maybe someone on Star Factory .... I don't know.

What do you think the key to success is with regards to running a record label?

Stephanie Fierce: When running a label you must keep in mind the vision statement, and you must also keep in mind that you're running a business, not a charity event. I think that when we see talent we tend to favor that artist over others, but in the end we should try to make everyone feel equal and everyone has to be given the chance to shine. But in the end, you must do whatever it takes to keep not only the label running, but to keep the progress going. With no progress, you only have chance to take a step back. Also, keeping the artists happy and having a strong relationship with them is important, because the artist make the label in the end.

Of course your often outspoken and recently you made a guest appearance on Star Factory and caused a little controversy with your comments regarding ‘Lashes’, my own personal opinion is that if you’re gonna try to break into the music industry then you’ve got to learn to accept criticism because let’s face it not everybody is going to love you, but do you still stand by your comments?

Stephanie Fierce: That's right, people need to understand that. When I first started the industry, I was slammed much harder than that. However, I personally feel sorry because I was a bit harsh on them and it made me realize that I was once in their position and I know how it feels to be criticized. However, the girls must understand that not everyone is going to nice in the industry. You just have to fight. In the end, I want them to prove me wrong and I want them to be successful and I wish nothing but the best. But I will say is that, this was MY very first time on a Reality TV show EVER..... and I enjoyed myself.

One of the mentor’s on the show recently criticised you for those comments, what do you think about the comments about you by Brittany Knox?

Stephanie Fierce: Other than her being a TV personality, I have no idea who that girl is, that's all I'm going to say.

So after watching last week’s show and seeing the contestants perform songs of yours, who do you think deserves to win the competition at the moment?

Stephanie Fierce: Though my comments on Edward were a bit mixed, I feel as though he should win. I would like to see him do something more upbeat because he has the voice for it. But in the end, he choses to do what he wants because I know for a fact I woudln't let no one not even a legend of my time tell me what I should do. But anyways, he's great either way and I think he's very attractive as well. I also feel as "Lashes" should win because I've seen other performances by them and they have the "it" factor. To be honest most if not all of the contestants deserve to win the competition. But in the end, there's only going to be one winner..

You recently announced that you’re going to become a mother for the second time and we here at Music Box congratulate you but how difficult is it to juggle being a parent and being a very busy celebrity?

Stephanie Fierce: Aww, thank you (Smiles). You know, this time things are going to be a little bit different, I think that with this pregnancy I'm gonna be more relaxed and situated. Aside from launching "Hot Eye Records", I'm not doing anything musically related further down my pregnancy. This is the first time in my career that I actually will be taking a hiatus from music. I would at least write songs in between albums or do a feature or something. But this time, I'm just gonna be Stephanie Mother Fierce (laughs). And on this whole hiatus thing, I decided when I start the hiatus (Steph points to the camera), not you or YOU or YOU. So sit yo asses down. OK. Thank you. (the audience laughs)

The music industry is an ever evolving place and many artists come and go quite quickly, is there any new artists that you can seeing being in the industry in many years to come?

Stephanie Fierce: I think new artists like Lily and Katie Coyle have what it takes to remain here for a really long time. they are officially established from my point of view. I also think new artists like Mercedes Payne and Serenity Scott have what it takes to be here for a very long time.

So you have released a new single titled "Gangstar" featuring Vanity and The Rockers, can you tell us anything about the track?

Stephanie Fierce: It's called "Gangstar" because I took the words "Gangster" and "Star" and put them together because those are the two words that represent me. The song is something I wanted to release because it represents how I feel at this point in my life. I'm just happy to be where I am and I'm not letting anyone bring me down.

Many people are wondering, Is "Love is Lust" being released?

Stephanie Fierce: YES! YES! and YES! Get ready guys....

And of course you’ve had your share of criticism a lot in the past and have seemingly always proven yourself, what advice would you give any young artists trying to break into the industry?

Stephanie Fierce: An advice is that be bold, be different, stand on top of the world. Also, another advice is to not mess with Stephanie Fierce, because she's crazy and she doesn't give a f*ck what you think.

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/05/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/05/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 27/05/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/05/2012(UTC), Walton on 27/05/2012(UTC), deadserious on 27/05/2012(UTC), FiveT on 27/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/05/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#203 Posted : 27 May 2012 05:01:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hayden: I hope I last a long time in the business like you, God knows you've been around FOREVER. I joke lol, but judging by Serenity's debut, she will be around for a long time. No offense, I really don't know who the Mercedes chick is.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 27/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/05/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#204 Posted : 27 May 2012 05:19:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Hayden: I hope I last a long time in the business like you, God knows you've been around FOREVER. I joke lol, but judging by Serenity's debut, she will be around for a long time. No offense, I really don't know who the Mercedes chick is.

Stephanie Fierce: I've only been here since the 18th century. You know, I take it all as a compliment, really. It's freaking amazing :)
thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/05/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#205 Posted : 27 May 2012 08:43:09(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)

Serenity Scott: Thanks Hayden :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/05/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#206 Posted : 07 June 2012 05:06:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

TUNE IN! ALSO MAKE SURE YOU STICK AROUND FOR KATO'S NEW VIDEO "Hurt Me Bad"!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
deadserious on 07/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/06/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#207 Posted : 09 June 2012 09:02:32(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Music Box - Pretty Little Freaks Interview

Lisa: Hey there. Welcome to another great show of the Music Box. I'm your host, Lisa, and today we really have a show for you all. Joining us today is up and coming girl band, Pretty Little Freaks. They'll be stopping by for some Q& A but that's not all. We also have the world premiere of Kato's new video to his new single, “Hurt Me Bad” coming up later in the show. Make sure you don't miss it but now without further adieu, lets give it up for Pretty Little Freaks!!!!!!

Lisa: Hey girls. You both look oh so lovely.

Mia: Thanks, we do try to look our best when we have to

Jade: Thank you Lisa you look great as well. (Smiles)

Lisa: No, thank you Jade. (Smiles) Just a few years ago, you two were attending college, working in your parent's pub back home and performing there as well. Now you're traveling and performing in a variety of locations, making hit singles, and well on your way to becoming the next big girl band. How has the transition been for you?

Mia: It’s been a really long road to be honest, I mean when you put it like that it seems like it’s been a pretty easy ride so far but we’ve worked hard for a really long time and it wasn’t until after college when I considered this as a possible career, we both studied fashion at college and wanted to go down that route initially. But we’ve spent the past couple of years falling in love with the art of music and we’ve somehow managed to get some sort of break, but we’ve definitely worked hard to get to where we are now.

Lisa: You both are from London, England. Do the people back at home support you?

UserPostedImage

Mia: Oh yeah! We’re totally just like The Beatles back home, nah we’ve got a little fanbase, nothing crazy or anything but we love going back home whenever we can.

Jade: There's definitely some amazing Freaks we have that have been supporting us since Day one so we want to do everything we can to make sure we don't disappoint.

Lisa: For those who aren't familiar with Pretty Little Freaks, how would you describe your sound?

Mia: I think it’s a mix of all kinds of music, I think pop-rock is the obvious genre that comes to mind but we like to change things up sometimes and because there’s two of us we’ve got different tastes and that sometimes comes across in our music.

Jade: It's really a blend of numerous genres. Pop-Rock, to me, is the base and then we extend it further with throwing in Electro or something similar to it. We're changing up styles all the time because of our own personal favorites.

Lisa: Who are your musical and non-musical influences?

Mia: I’ve always preferred rock music; I love Joan Jett and Blondie.

Jade: I've always loved Joan Jett, Johnny Cash, they've just about written songs that I can relate to or just love because of it's pure genuineness.

Lisa: What inspires you to do what you do?

Mia: I enjoy putting myself out there, writing things gives me perspective and helps me understand things around me a little better. Also I quite enjoy the lifestyle that comes with what we do, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of the perks.

Jade: My passion for music. It really keeps me going when I feel like I want to quit or whatever and I realize how lucky I am to have even been given the chance to be making music that everyone can hear.

Lisa: What advice would you give to fellow bands?

UserPostedImage

Mia: Go your own way, it’s as simple as that. Obviously you should be willing to listen to input from other people but every decision that you make should be your own decision and something that you’re comfortable with.

Jade: Yes, definitely find your own niche and stick with it. Don't make yourself suitable for the industry, make them suitable for yourself.

Lisa: Before you guys made it big, you promoted your music through videos on YouTube. How do you go about promoting it now?

Mia: I think it’s important to just keep your fans as updated as you can, sometimes you get side-tracked but they understand and if they enjoy your music then they’ll find it, that’s what I think anyway.

Lisa: You're signed to Chaos Records. What's it like having a label supporting you?

Mia: It’s great to be signed to a label, it definitely helps to get your work out into the public consciousness more than before we got signed, I wouldn’t say that it’s essential to sign to a label though but it definitely does help.

Jade: Yeah, we really love our label but we managed to do some things without one but we're grateful for the opportunity to be signed by such legends.

Lisa: If Chaos Records hadn't have taken interest in you, do you think you would have been as successful without a label as you are now?

UserPostedImage

Mia: Yeah I think we would have, they’re not the only label out there for one and our debut E.P was released independently and sold a ridiculous amount, so yeah I think we would have been just as successful as we currently are.

Lisa: Your last single, “Little Heaven (Escape),” was a great track by you. What was it like working with Aaron Marks?

Mia: I think Jade had a crush on him, she kept stuttering whenever she spoke to him, it was so cute.

Jade: I did not Mia! (Laughs) He was really nice and polite when we all got together and met and recording was fun because he's a really unique person who brings a lot to the studio. It was a very fun experience.

Lisa: For the last couple of months or so, you two have been pretty quiet. It wasn't until recently that you made a blog telling us you had been working on your killer debut album in your downtime. How has it been recording it versus recording your EP?

Mia: It’s taken a lot more time recording this album compared to our E.P and that’s because there’s much more songs to record, it’s only natural for an album to take longer, it’s been stressful but I can’t wait to hit the road and tour in support of it.

Lisa: Tell us more about the album. Do you have a name picked out yet?

Mia: I’ll do the drum roll, you tell em’ Jade!

Jade: It's calllllled....Underneath The Blue Moonlight! (Laughs)

Lisa: Awesome name. Every album pretty much has a theme, what's yours?

Mia: It’s just songs inspired by what we’ve felt at some point. There’s happy songs that appear on the album and there’s quite a few more sad ones too. It’s just a complete mix of all kinds of feelings.

Jade: It's basically a kind of 'getting to know us' record where there's tons of different emotions on the songs about us or someone or a boy or a stranger, just a wide variety of songs.

Lisa: Any hot collaborations on this album?

Jade: We decided to not overshadow ourselves by letting everyone else come in on our record so we only have our one collaboration and that was with Mr. Aaron Marks.

Lisa: We have just two questions left. The first question comes from Nina and she ask, “Besides getting your debut album out, what else are you working on?”

Mia: Most of my focus has been on the album for the best part of the year, we’ll get a little downtime for a week or two once the album has been released but I won’t be planning anything else anytime soon.

Jade: Really just the album and trying to get it out so our fans wouldn't abandon us. (Laughs)

Lisa: Our last question comes from an audience member.
Audience member: “Jade, you were a victim of bullying. What advice would you give those still struggling with it?”

Jade: Yeah, well I think it's important to have someone or a group of people who are really there for you and can help you because my biggest helper has been my sister Mia, unfortunately not everyone has someone so I think it's best to just take one day at a time and not to let yourself get overwhelmed. It's hard to think about not getting so upset and angry but you will get become a better person and it'll always get better if you allow it to. I still get bullied till this day but I just know that you can't always listen to what someone says about you because they just wanna get you down and if you let them then you let them control you so have a lot of control and just have patience and faith. There's really no sure fire answer on how to deal with bullying because sadly, it's getting worse and bigger every year and I think if more people spoke out about it and could have confidence, the outcomes would be better.

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Thank you both for those great questions and thank you Pretty Little Freaks for stopping by the show today. We hope to have you back again someday. Its time for a quick break but up next we have the world premiere of Kato's new video to “Hurt Me Bad.” Don't touch that dial, we'll be right back.

*commercial break*

Edited by user 09 June 2012 09:13:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 3 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 09/06/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/06/2012(UTC)
#208 Posted : 09 June 2012 09:11:20(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Lisa: Hey! Welcome back to the show. Before we left, I said we'd get to see Kato's brand new video and now that time has come. Ladies, here's the brand new video from Kato, "Hurt Me Bad!"

UserPostedImage

The video fades in while zooming from what seems to be Kato in a forest, sitting down on a log. He looks up from the ground as the beginning part of the song starts with the beat. He then starts to sing while still staring at the camera with a sad look on his face. There's a stillness in the area around him as if he's the only person out there. It's clearly cold since his breath is visible with each verse he says. He stands up, slowly, and walks around as he sings. The first few scenes after are flashbacks of him with his girlfriend before. The two were cuddled up together, happy and acting like any normal couple. As soon as he's about to kiss her, the scene changes back to him in the woods alone.

UserPostedImage

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

[Verse 1]
It’s been a real long time
Since I been thinkin bout this girl
I tried to give her my world
And I don’t even know what with wrong with it
And my heart breaks for you
Every day
My loving is just something
That you can’t change
And I’m gonna think about the times
That I called you mine

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
I’d love you when the sun rises up
My dear, It’s clear
I’d love you till the sun rises up
Holdin to that desperate dream
I’d shout it to the moon, across the stars
Through the galaxy
Been thinkin about you lately
And honestly, I don’t care about your man
But why you had to hurt me bad?

UserPostedImage

Kato is now seen in another area, where it's dark. He has on a leather black jacket and it's raining lightly while he is standing on the side of the road by buildings, watching people go by. He starts to sing, looking into the camera while gazing back. He sees images of his ex-girlfriend but tries to wave the thoughts away. He is seen standing in the middle of the vacant street while it still keeps raining a little. The scene goes back to another flashback of him and his ex together.

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

[Verse 2]
It’s been a real long time
Since I told you how I felt
I know that I’d be lyin, Oh
If I said that I could let you go
And my heart breaks for you
Every day
My loving is just something
That you can’t change
And I’m gonna think about the times
That I called you mine

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
My dear, It’s clear (It’s clear)
Holdin to that desperate dream (Dre-e-eam)
Through the galaxy

The scene then changes to what seems like Kato standing beside a large pool. The water was crystal clear and blue with his reflection barely visible. He stares at the pool for several seconds before turning around as if he were about to walk away. He then falls back in slow motion, and engulfs himself in water. The scene is switched between this and him standing in front of a burning car with a black leather jacket on and the hood on his head. He looks at the camera as the screen is split into 3 parts. The top part is Kato as he is falling into the pool, the second him with the burning car, and the third is of his feet as he rises up from the water, looking up. The last scene is of him in the road again looking down, smiling, with his hand on his chest and the words
TO BE CONTINUED appear.

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh
Hurt me ba-a-a-ad
Ohh, Ohh

[Bridge]
I think it’s plain to see
I want you here with me
Cause not a day goes by babe, where I don’t picture you by my side
But you had to go and hurt me ba-a-a-ad

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
My dear, It’s clear
Holdin to that desperate dream
Through the galaxy

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

Till the sun rises up (Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh)
Ohh, Ohh
Why you had to hurt me bad?

UserPostedImage

Lisa: Whoa such a hot video! Well done Mr. Kato. What did you guys think of that video, did you love it?

*audience applauds*

Lisa: I'll take that as a yes. Well that's our show for today guys. Tune in next week for another great episode but for now I'm out. Peace!

thanks 5 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/06/2012(UTC), Moquel on 09/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 09/06/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/06/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 11/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#209 Posted : 09 June 2012 09:49:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jade: I had a lot of fun being on the show with you guys :) The fans were amazing and I felt really good!

Hayden: Kato...the female version of Cassie with love troubles. You guys just have poor luck.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2012(UTC)
#210 Posted : 09 June 2012 10:41:56(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Cassie: I happen to have a boyfriend thank you. :P Anyways great show and really cool video Kato.

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#211 Posted : 12 June 2012 05:43:53(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
THE TITANS' GALAXY
EPISODE 1

UserPostedImage

*OPENING CREDITS*
UserPostedImage

The episode starts showing the five Teen Titans all sitting on a sofa in a living room and they all immediately scream a loud "Hello everyone", talking then to the camera.

Laurence: So this is the first episode guys. We hope you're going to enjoy this and the rest of the series. You're going to see all that's going to happen this week, so it could be anything.
Martina: ...Except sex or anything about it of course.
Joey: Yeah, so if ya wanted to watch this to see anyone of us having sex, change channel now! This is not a porn. (Laughs with the others)
Den: There's still chance to see you Joey doing it though. I heard you were going to release a secret sex tape of yours.
Joey: Shit, how did ya find out? (They all laugh together)
Den: I've got my sources, you know. (Winks at the camera laughing)
Laurence: I thought you were going to release that calendar with your nude pics instead Den.
Den: Wait, I am not going to do that!
Laurence: You told us about it.
Martina: Yeah, do you not remember?

Tanya starts laughing hysterically as Den does a shocked face and Den laughs with the others.

Den: Hey, that's not true! But you gave me an idea though.
Laurence: Good, good. We always need some money.

Martina then looks back at the camera while the others keep talking ignoring her and the camera completely

Martina: Anyway it is time for rehearsals now. See you there.

Martina waves at the camera and the scene changes showing in the new one the five being in a rehearsing studio and rehearsing their song "Recognise Me".
When the song finishes, the cameraman gets closer to Tanya who's standing next to Den and keeps her hand on his chest helping to sing from his diaphragm, while Joey and Laurence are talking to each other and Martina is reading the lyrics of the songs.

Tanya: You have to throw out all the air when you hit the higher notes. That's easier.
Den: Yeah, I know, but I can't do it walking.
Tanya: (Rises her eyebrow) I even did it flying.
Den: But you have more experience!

Martina then interrupts the two and Laurence and Joey as well, reminding them to try again "Recognise Me". The four agree and the beginning of their new rehearsal of the song is shown before the scene changes again showing them now being at Laurence's house, as Coco of Hard Sugar appears putting some food in some plates, while the five Teen Titans are all sitting at the table and talking to each other.

Den: I love it when we eat at your house Laurence. Coco cooks so well!
Laurence: Yeah, she's great. (Smiles at Coco, who raises her eyebrows and puts food in his plate)
Joey: She'll never be as good as me though. (Grins)
Coco: Good, because you're a total mess.

The others all laugh and as Tanya does her hysterical laugh too, Joey looks at them trying not to laugh.

Joey: Hey, I can teach ya, I swear!
Coco: Better not. I don't wanna be a killer.

The others keep laughing and this time Joey joins the laughter too.
UserPostedImage
The five Teen Titans are all in a car, being driven by a their official driver to somewhere. Martina and Tanya are both listening to the same ipod with one earplughs looking out of the window, while Laurence is just looking out of the window thinking. Joey is playing a game on his iphone and talking to Den.

Den: So did you win?
Joey: No, this is game is shit!
Den: But it's addictive though!
Joey: Yep, but still shit. (Laughs a little)
Den: I can't play these games on my tablet. I wish I could.
Tanya: (Looks at Den) Buy an iphone then. It's that simple. (Joey and Laurence laugh)
Den: (Smiling) Well, that's a good idea.

The scene then changes showing the Titans getting out of the car and some bits of them doing a radio interview. After showing a joke of Joey, which makes the others and the radio speaker laugh, they're shown getting out of the radio building and begin to talk to the cameras and the cameramen.

Martina: We have just done another interview and it was fun like it always is.
Joey: Yep, what are we doing now?
Laurence: We're going to the studio, but the driver isn't here yet.
Den: (Screams shocked) God, he's dead!
Martina: Really?
Den: No, but he's never been late!

Tanya shakes her head at Den, while Laurence takes his phone and calls Will.

Laurence: Hey Will, it's me, Laurence. We have just done the interview, but the driver isn't here yet. Do you know anything about this?

The others all look at Laurence, while he waits for an answer.

Laurence: ...Oh, okay. Great. See you later then.

Laurence shuts the phone off and looks at his bandmates.

Laurence: So it's time to take a bus.
Tanya: A bus?!
Martina: Oh dear lord.
Laurence: Yeah, I know. Will sent the driver somewhere else and forgot about the interview. He's waiting for us.
Tanya: I don't want to take a bus like at all.
Den: Me neither! But I think we should do it if we want to-
Martina: ...Get away from here.
Tanya: You're insane, I'd never do it.
Laurence: Come on, Tanya, we'll be alright.

Tanya sighs and they all start walking, as the scene changes and shows them being in a busy bus, not being even able to move.

Den: (Looks at the camera) I hate this. I feel like it's destroying my freedom.

Martina giggles shaking her head at Den, who looks at her and smiles, winking at the camera.
UserPostedImage
Laurence and Joey are working out in a gym and begin to talk to the cameras.

Joey:
Man, it's gonna feel amazing when we get out of here later. I'm gonna feel huge.
Laurence: Yeah, I agree. We're going to feel like Hulk. (Laughs with Joey)
Joey: This is always hard work though. But you have to go through every kinda shit to feel good.
Laurence: Yeah.

The two keep working out and the scene changes showing Martina being in a recording studio with Claire Becker and the two are writing lyrics while listening to a slow beat.

Martina: I do want this to be very emotional or, better, the most emotional. It has to feel like the perfect ending-track for the album.
Claire: Then you have to change some words here in the lyrics.
Martina: Which ones?
Claire: Here. (Indicates a point on the sheet) It just doesn't feel alright with the melody. See what I mean?

Martina looks at Claire a little confused on why and Claire starts humming the tune. So as she stares at the lyrics, Martina nods.

Martina: Ok. Let's change it this way.

Right before Martina says Claire how she wants to change the lines, the scene changes showing Den at his house getting ready to go out. He puts on his jacket and starts talking to the camera once he gets out of the door and walks for a street, about to meet Tanya.

Den: You know what, I think being famous now makes it harder for me to walk on a street alone. I remember when I was younger and being like "Yeah, I can only be happy if one day the paparazzi will start follow me", but now I feel like it's just not what I expect it to be. They're definately not how I thought they were. I also think I'm lucky I haven't met them yet, you know!

As he finishes talking, a paparazzo suddenly appears in front of him taking pictures. Then some other paparazzi appear as well and Den trying to smile at them, starts walking faster and talks to the camera again.

Den: See? Just when you talk about them, they appear! It's just crazy!

He keeps walking until he meets Tanya and her dog.

Tanya: Wow, so you finally came. You're a little late. A little too much!
Den: Sorry, there were paparazzi everywhere!
Tanya: Yeah I know. But they're scared of Isha. (Grins looking proud at her dog)
Den: (Looks at the dog and then back at her) Uhm, yeah, I can sort of see why.
UserPostedImage
It's early morning and Laurence is seen making some coffee in the kitchen of his house. Coco appears and gets closer, kissing him on the lips.

Coco:
What is my boy doing today?
Laurence: (Still preparing the coffee) I'm meeting a girlband in the studio later.
Coco: Who are they?
Laurence: They're called 4U and are new to the industry. They seem quite good.
Coco: They surely are if they are going to work with you.
Laurence: Yeah of course.

Laurence smiles and drinks his coffee. Then he looks at the camera raising his eyebrows in a funny way and gets his jacket. He kisses Coco once again and smiles giving a quick look at his son sleeping and then leaves the house.
So the scene changes and Den is in the living room of his house with Joey, Tanya and Martina.
They're all playing the wii together and seem to have fun. They play a match on a tennis game and Joey and Tanya win, being in the same team.

Martina: Oh dear lord, Den. How could they win?
Den: I don't know! I did my best!
Tanya: (Smiles) If that was your best, you're definately going to win nothing.
Den: (Laughs) Well, thanks for the kind words.
Tanya: (Still smiling) You're welcome.
Martina: I want another match!
Den: Yeah, me too!

Joey and Tanya look at each other laughing and accept. So some bits of the matches they play are shown and then the scene changes showing the other three leaving Den's house.
UserPostedImage
The Titans are all in a car driven by their usual driver. They're all about to meet their manager Will.Rocca and talk to the camera.

Joey: So having these cameras around is just a lot of fun.
Den: Yeah, I love it too. I always talk to the camera when I have something to say. It frees me.
Martina: Really, Den?
Den: Yeah!
Martina: Then I can see a lot of this documentary being cut.

The others all laugh loud at Martina's words and Den smiles confused.

Den: Why? I don't understand. (Looks around) Why are you all laughing?
Joey: Because we imagine all the shit that you said to the poor cameramen.
Den: (Tries not to laugh) Hey, that's not shit. It's my thoughts and I all have inside!
Laurence: Then why getting it out? Keep it for yourself.

They all laugh again and Den shakes his head smiling. Then they're shown arriving at the meeting and getting in the room, meeting Will.Rocca. They all sit at the table and begin to talk.

Will.Rocca:
So guys, there's a lot we have to talk about today.
Joey: We always have a lot to talk about, don't we?
Tanya: Yeah, I was like surprised!
Laurence: It's like a news.

The Titans all start laughing again.

Will.Rocca: But really there's a lot to talk about. First I want to know how are the rehearsals for the Field Trip going.
Tanya: Erm...
Laurence: They're going good. We're doing one last rehearsal tomorrow.
Will.Rocca: What did you choose to perform as the third song?
Laurence: "Friendship Never Ends".
Martina: Yes, we chose that as we won't need to rehearse any dance routine. It is easier.
Will.Rocca: Good. Now I would like to talk about the new music and especially the new single.

As Will speaks and the five all look at him, the scene ends, before they talk about the new plans about new music.
UserPostedImage
Some bits of the five rehearsing the performance for "Somebody New In The City" are shown and then when the performance ends, they're all seen eating their lunch while taking a break.

Martina: I am so looking forward to perform our next single to the next festival.
Den: Me too.
Laurence: It's gonna be our best.
Martina: Yes. (Takes a sip of her coke) It will be finally easier and better.
Tanya: Yeah, I've had enough of all these dance routines and stuff. It was better at the beginning when all we did was playing around the stage.
Den: But that was cheesy!
Joey: Was still a shitload of fun though.
Martina: I am sure you agree on this too, Den. I remember you saying that it feels like being "robots" doing all of this.
Den: Yeah, I said that, but we're putting on better performances now. It's more artistic.
Joey: Who cares. I'm performing for fun, not for art.
Martina: I quite agree on that, monkey.

Some new bits of them rehearsing are shown and the scene ends.
UserPostedImage
The five are at the Field Trip Festival walking around and some bits of them with the fans are shown. Then they're seen being in the backstage and walking over the stage a few minutes before the performance.

Den: So we're about to get out there and just enjoy ourselves. We're ready and-
Joey: We just wanna rock even if we're pop!
Laurence: We're gonna pop.
Den: Yeah!
Martina: It is so amazingly excited.
Laurence: Like always.
Joey: High fives guys!

They all keep smiling and start giving each other high fives. Then some bits of the performance are shown and after that, they're shown being in a car with their driver, who's driving them home. In the car they all cheer for having just performed and smile and talk to the camera.

Joey: Yaahh! We just did it!!
Laurence: That was just awesome!
Martina: Probably the best performance ever put on by us.
Joey: Probably? It fuckin' was!
Den: I think we should perform "Friendship Never Ends" again the next time!
Joey: Yeah!
Tanya: It was fun to perform that.
Joey: I got all high when they screamed. It's like... wow!

They keep having fun and cheering with each other in the car and scene, along with the episode, eventually ends showing them smiling at the camera together. Then the ending credits start showing bits of the whole episode with "Somebody New In The City" playing in the background.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 7 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 12/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/06/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 12/06/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 12/06/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 12/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 16/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#212 Posted : 12 June 2012 06:32:07(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: That was really fun, Den is so funny, it's sad they cut him talking about his thughts on camera.. LOL
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/06/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#213 Posted : 12 June 2012 06:37:01(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: That was really fun, Den is so funny, it's sad they cut him talking about his thughts on camera.. LOL

Den: Thanks Magie! I agree with you! I wasted all those words... Oh well, I can still do it this week. :D

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
#214 Posted : 16 June 2012 04:02:41(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Tonight @ 8/7c!

thanks 4 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2012(UTC), Walton on 16/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 16/06/2012(UTC)
#215 Posted : 16 June 2012 10:00:28(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Music Box with special guest, Serenity Scott

Lisa: Hey hey. Welcome to another great episode of the Music Box. I'm your host Lisa and boy do we have a show for you all. Today we have up and coming artist, Serenity Scott. She'll be stopping by for the usual Q&A but that's not all. Later on in the show, Serenity will be premiering her brand new video. You don't want to miss it but for now its time to bring out our special guest. Please welcome Serenity Scott!!!!!

*audience applauds as Serenity walks onto the stage*

Lisa: Hi Serenity. It's a pleasure having you here today with us.

UserPostedImage

Serenity: Thank you so much Lisa. I feel so welcomed here by everyone who is here today. *She smiles and waves to the crowd and at the camera*

Lisa: You had a bit of a rough start in the beginning after having issues with record label, Imitation of Life, and splitting from 8 Mile Rock. Fortunately though you were able to start a promising solo career and land a deal with Liberation Records. What was it like having to experience those difficult obstacles so early on before your career even started?

Serenity: Well, it was a tough choice leaving the band, but I felt like deep down inside, I wanted to pursue my own solo career, so I made my departure. It wasn't anything personal though.

Lisa: How has Liberation Records helped with your career since signing with them?

Serenity: Liberation Records is doing a fantastic job so far! I think Liberation is THE best label in the world. From the first day I signed with them, they were already beginning to promote my music. And at the time I had already released 'Wonderland'.

UserPostedImage

Lisa: “Wonderland” was your debut into the music industry. How did you come upon choosing this song as the one the world would be introduce to you by?

Serenity: Well, I just wanted to release something that everyone can relate too when you have a crush on someone, and I felt that 'Wonderland' fitted the bill perfectly.

Lisa: Do you feel that it was as successful as you wanted it to be?

Serenity: To be honest Lisa, I never really payed any thought into that. To me, it doesn't really matter how much an album sells, or how much a single sells. I know a lot of other artists say this, but I really feel like the quality of your music is all that matters.

Lisa: Your latest single, “Escape From the Back,” comes from your debut album, “Teenage Era.” Can you tell a little bit more about the album?

Serenity: The first thing I would like to say about the album is that it is EPIC! The album is finished and will be out on the 28th of next month. There will be 2 editions of the album, one: the standard edition, and two: the deluxe edition. The standard edition will have 13 songs while the deluxe edition has 16.

Lisa: How did you go about picking the name for it?

Serenity: I got the name for it because when I was writing songs for the album it kind of reminded me of my teenage days.

Lisa: What are your predictions as for how well it will do on the charts?

Serenity: I think the album will do just fine. I'm not saying that it will go straight to number one, but if it does than that would just be marvelous! *She grinned*

Lisa: Many may not be acquainted just yet with you so we've put together a few questions to help people get to know you better. I'll ask you ten questions and you give the first answer that comes to mind. Sound fair?

*The audience applauded*

Serenity: Fair and square Lisa.

Lisa: Great, here we go. What's the weirdest thing that ever happened to you with a fan?

Serenity: Uh, I don't know. I mean between a man asking me to colour his nipples or another woman asking me for my panties, I just can't choose. *The audience (including Lisa) started to laugh*

Lisa: When did you discover that you had a talent for singing?

Serenity: I realised that when I was 12.

Lisa: How would you describe your music to someone that has never heard it?

Serenity: I would describe my music to that person as something that can relate to anyone.

Lisa: What would you like to have accomplished in ten years?

Serenity: My only goal is to just make people smile with my music. Nothing else really.

Lisa: What's your favorite song at the moment?

UserPostedImage

Serenity: I have to give it to Nadia Berry's 'Records On'. I played that song a gazillion times on my iPod (she grins).

Lisa: Who or what inspires you?

Serenity: I am really inspired by Madonna. She has always been my idol. I have quite a few others who I'm inspired by as well like Lily, Abie Lena, and more. Oh and please Lisa, don't ask me who I despise in this industry (she winks then laughs). *the audience and Lisa starts laughing*

Lisa: Do you have any celeb crushes?

Serenity: Of coarse! I always had a crush on Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys.

Lisa: If you could go on tour with anyone, who would you want it to be and why?

Serenity: If I could go on tour with Anna Villiot someday, that would be awesome because I seen her perform recently at the Field Trip Festival and I thought she did great! She seems like the 'cool' type of person. But she's really talented. Also, I'd love to go on tour with Nadia Berry one day. She is a great lyricist and a great performer from what I heard. So touring with her would one day would be something I look forward too.

Lisa: What's the very first song you ever sung?

Serenity: I can't remember that (she grinned).

Lisa: Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Serenity: Uh, maybe Vanity or Stephanie Fierce. Isabel maybe.

Lisa: That's the end of our questions and now its time to get into some of the fan's questions. The first one comes from Mary and she asks, “What advice would you give someone trying to become a singer like you?”

Serenity: I'd just tell that person to stay original, practice, since practice makes perfect, and to never let anyone tell you that you can't do it.

Lisa: Our very last question comes from an audience member.
Audience member: “Do you have any other loves besides music?”

Serenity: Yes, I do. I love singing the songs that... Oh wait, that's not besides music. *the audience laughs, as well as Serenity*. Yeah, I like watching romance movies, I love hanging out and getting fresh air, and I love making new friends.

Lisa: Thanks guys for those wonderful questions. We have to take a commercial break when we get back Serenity will be premiering her brand new video. Don't touch that dial.

*commercial break*

Lisa: Welcome back you guys. I'm here with Serenity Scott and its time to get into our brand new video for today. Here's the world premiere of "Escape To The Back" by Serenity Scott!

UserPostedImage

As the first few seconds of the video is played, there is a black screen saying "A RockHard Production" to "Starring Serenity Scott". Before the song is played, Serenity is seen dancing with a man at a club. In the video, it is taking place in the 1940's in a average sized bar. After another few seconds, the instrumental of the song is heard and the first lines of the first verse is played, followed by the chorus (hook) part of the song.

UserPostedImage

Remember when I'd try so hard to sleep at night
And I had a problem of knowing when to fight
And telling the difference between wrong and right
Because for me it's not black and white (But more like)
Trying to tell the difference from darkness and light
One draws you in,surrounds you,in an embrace so tight
And the other helps you to see what's all ready insight
But I still feel like I'm still blind
I can't face foreword without looking behind (trying to find)
Some closure and put some peace in my mind
But I felt so lost going round and around
But then I found someone who thinks like I do
His words are in my head
He looked me straight in the eyes
And this is what he said

UserPostedImage

Escape from the back
When they turn they're back
And hope you're in their prayers
Cause the worst thing that can happen with something like this
Is to find out nobody cares

Escape from the back

UserPostedImage

The video is showing a flashback with her and a guy riding a bicycle. Afterwards, they are both seen on the grass on a red blanket.

UserPostedImage

We haven't spoken in a long time
But his words still plays in the back of my mind
Like when he said
Life is like a game you win and you lose
Somethings you don't control others you do
The penalty's and rewords that lie on the paths we choose
Unravel to us that truth
So it's all in the way you play
You got to let your life grow
You be the mold
You can't refuse to play you're hand and always fold
But sometimes the cards pile up
And when they crash down there's no way to pick em up

Escape from the back

Escape from the back

UserPostedImage

And it wasn't my time to go
so to make things faster I pressed fast forward
Somethings in life you can't control,this one I do
But I spent over an hour trying to think of a way to explain to you
Because I know after all that we've been through
This whole thing seems so unfair
But all I got to say,
Now that I've gone away
Is I hope that I'm in you're prayers

As the chorus (hook) part of the song plays again for the last time, Serenity is seen standing on steps outside remembering all the memories she had with a man. She was thinking of all the good times before they had separated.

UserPostedImage

Escape from the back

Lisa: Whoa terrific video. Wouldn't you say so guys?

*audience applauds*

Lisa: Seems to be a hit with them Serenity! Thank you for joining us today, we loved to have you back again in the near future. (looks to camera) I'm afraid that's the end of our show guys but tune in next week for another great show. Peace!

Walton on 16/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/06/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#216 Posted : 16 June 2012 10:48:52(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Aww such a great video :) Really enjoyed the interview and stuff, you seem like you'll do well in the industry.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 16/06/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#217 Posted : 16 June 2012 10:59:32(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Isabel: Aww such a great video :) Really enjoyed the interview and stuff, you seem like you'll do well in the industry.

Serenity: Thanks Isabel :) I'm really glad to hear that you like the video and the interview and everything. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Chaos Awards show :)
#218 Posted : 30 June 2012 10:31:24(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Catch Luke Striker on the Music Box.

UserPostedImage

Tonight @ 9/8c!

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
deadserious on 30/06/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/06/2012(UTC)
#219 Posted : 30 June 2012 11:00:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Music Box with Special Guest, Luke Striker

[commercial break free]

Welcome to another episode of the Music Box. Today Luke Striker is stopping by for some Q&A. Awesome I know! Anyway without further adieu, ladies and gentleman please welcome Luke Striker!!!!!

*audience applauds*

UserPostedImage

Luke, you were born in Jacksonville, North Carolina in 1991, away from the bright lights of common playgrounds for the superstars of entertainment like New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Vegas and Los Angeles, do you think the nature of where you have grown up has shaped who you are as a person in a positive way?

Luke: *Laughs* In a sense I do believe that it has shaped up the type of person I am now, but I couldn't say in a positive or a negative way because every person grows up accordingly to their setting. I may be different from a person who grew up in New York, or LA... but it doesn't make them lesser of a person, you know what I mean? I certainly wasn't used to all the big cities I've seen so far and at the beginning of my career and it took some getting used to... but I eventually got used to everything.

What were the benefits of growing up in North Carolina, did you ever feel like a career in music wasn’t a likely option because of where you were from?

Luke: I do. People always told me I needed to go to "bigger cities" to be able to have a chance at the big time, and I always felt they were sort trying to kill my hopes... even though they were giving their opinions. Just because I'm not from one of those cities doesn't mean I don't have a chance, it just might mean I may have a harder time getting up the ladder. I moved to Los Angeles to further my career and in turn it became one of the best decision of my life.

You first started to gain attention around May 2011 at the same time as a group of young musicians that were coming onto the scene with the likes of Mandy Williams, Dominic Brown, Isabel Merjos and Hayden Merjos, did you ever feel pressure to compete against their own achievements?

Luke: Absolutely not. I never feel like there's any type of pressure because I'm not here to compete with others. I'm here to be a musician and to make music for all my amazing fans out there. To feel pressure competing against others is just pointless in my opinion. What I will say is that each of the people you stated are very accomplished and talented artists. In stead of me going " Aw man I gotta do better than them", I rather root them on because we're all here making it in this tough business, so there's really a respective type of spirit, not really a competitive one. We all have a bit of competitiveness, it's just in our human nature but it's not like I'm destined to be more successful then them *laughs*. I'm my own biggest competitor.

You made no secret later in 2011 about the difficulties that you’ve had with regards to really establishing yourself but you independently released ‘Come Back Home Someday’ to massive success, it’s fair to say that with that song you finally found your niche and claimed your first moments of real glory with the song, how did you feel after the reception was so positive?

Luke: It was very overwhelming. I remember, the song was a last minute thing. We were initially going to go with a different song to you know, just put on the internet for the fans to stream and listen to. But when Come Back Home Someday literally took of like a rocket, I was so surprised. I was kind of like, "wow, this is really happening and I just got my first taste of success.....this sure tastes good". *laughs* I was just really excited to really start stepping up my game, since I got noticed in such a surprising way.

Did you feel as soon as the song had the success that it had that a label would sign you up rather quickly?

Luke: I was thinking hopefully! *Laughs* I didn't exactly NEED a label, but the support is always a big help, but if I garnered success independently with Come Back Home Someday, I figured, if a deal didn't come along then that obviously wouldn't stop me. But soon enough, a label approached me.

The label of course being Studio60 which also happens to be the home of Isabel, Hayden, Mandy Williams, Jennifer Armstrong, Ellie-Grace Summers and a whole host of talented youngsters, did you think that they were the ideal fit for you?

Luke: I feel like Studio60 was the perfect place for me. They have a great foundation of artists and their artists also have freedom on their projects and what not. I just feel like they were one of the best out of the major labels that are out there. It was essential that I sign to Studio60 and I felt as if they were the best place for me. They also seem great in finding a good place for younger musicians like myself and others to sign to. So trusted the label, and I'm happy I've signed there.

You then marked your signing to the label with ‘Your Conflicted Heart’ which featured Jennifer Armstrong, what was it like to work alongside someone that is also part of this young group of successful musicians?

Luke: Jennifer is an incredibly talented musician and it was really a blast working with her. She may be young but she certainly knows what she's doing and I had a really good time working with her. She's and when we came together, Your Conflicted Heart, was born and I also gained a new friend. I always appreciate working with good because not only does the music turn out to be stellar, but you also form a friendship, and in that case Jen and I became good friends.

UserPostedImage

She’s a talented and beautiful young woman, it would be foolish of me to ask, did anything happen between the two of you, did sparks fly?

Luke: Ah *laughs*, I wouldn't push my luck. She is beautiful but she's engaged. It may come as a total bummer but I'm a respectable type of guy and all we did was talk, on a friendly level.

The difficulties that many artists have is remaining consistent, it’s a constant burden for musicians to have continued success, is that something you worry about?

Luke: No, if a particular artist lives that way then I feel bad for them. Always pressuring yourself just to be successful could be really draining and stressful. All I care about is continually pleasing my fans and outdoing myself as a musician, success is always great but if your pleasing your fans and their behind you, you shouldn't have to worry about having it or not. As long as your doing what you have to do as a musician, that should be a really light burden, if any type of weight at all *laughs*

You enlisted the help of your label for ‘Everybody Wants You’ as it was written and produced by Julian Morello, who has slowly been making a name for himself recently, did you enjoy the collaborative situation or do you prefer to work independently?

Luke: Collaborations are always fun and interesting. Two ideas coming together to make one product. It really doesn't matter to be.. Julian and I had very similar ideas so it was a breeze working with him, I told him what I needed and he just did it perfectly, with his ideas spreading across it as well, it worked really well. Working independently is always your own thoughts and ideas and when its a final product, you tend to appreciate the work you've done solely or by yourself, a bit more. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the final product of Everybody Wants You because it's an excellent piece of work but you always feel that much more proud of the work you've done alone as to with a barrage of people behind it, that's why I swayed away from too many people being on my album. It's not really needed.

He was also listed as a producer for your album, what did your production team bring to the table when it came down to recording your debut album?

Luke: Aside from myself being one of the producers, I have three others that I'm working with. Like I said before, I really didn't feel the need to enlist a large group of producers because their not exactly needed. I just wanted authentic, legit material. With instruments and clean vocals, mixed with real situations that were written for this album. I wanted a very natural sound...I wanted it to be raw and truthful. It has a very alternative rock core, but really sways into a pop/rock territory.

It has been a very long-awaited debut album, what can you tell us about the album, what sort of theme’s occur throughout your first full-length release?

Luke: It has been very long awaited! But I think it well worth the weight. The album is very truthful, I think I dug deep to talk about the things us young guys talk about. I speak about growing up in a small town like Jacksonville, North Carolina and the transition from back then until now. I have a track call "The Best That I Can Be" that conveys that message perfectly and is one of my favorites on the album. Another theme on this album is love and heartbreak. I've run into so many types of loves and heartbreaks in my lifetime that really pumped out amazing song writing, and tracks. So Love & Heartbreak really plays a huge part on the album and I know many people will be able to relate to this album and that's why I'm so proud of that. There's nothing worse then making music that your fans cannot connect with, and with this album the connection between listener and musician is very strong. So expect to be taken on a journey with I, Luke Striker on the "Your Conflicted Heart" album! *laughs*

Is there anybody in the industry that you’d like to work with in the future?

Luke: One day I'd like to work with Ellie Grace Summers, I don't know, she has a really great voice and I certainly think we can make something excellent in the studio if we did come together. I hope Ellie's watching *smiles*. And maybe when I really get up there, I'd like to work with Katie Coyle. Such an incredible artist, I doubt she even knows who I am... *laughs*

And finally, when can we expect to see Luke Striker on tour?

Luke: I'll be heading on tour with Vanity in August for her Good Mourning Tour! But after I do the European Dates as apart of her tour, I'll be heading on a headlining tour of my own. So expect plenty of touring in the following months after the album is release, I'm very excited.

Well thank you Luke for stopping by today, it was a great pleasure. Hope to see back again in the near future. That's our show for today but tune in next week for another great episode of the Music Box. Until then, see ya!

RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/06/2012(UTC), deadserious on 30/06/2012(UTC)
#220 Posted : 13 July 2012 04:47:56(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Music Box will return next Friday!

(Send me a PM if you'd like to be on the show. Thank you.)