logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2012 07:23:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Genre: R&B, Soul, Trip Hop
Elements Of: Jazz, Downtempo, Rock
Release Date: 9/4/12
Label: North Hill Records
Writers: Aubrey Mikkel

Who is Aubrey Mikkel? Is that what you ask? Who is this cocky, brash R&B starlet? Well if you don't exactly know who she is, where have you been? Aubrey Mikkel is a Toronto born singer who some may find familiar over a year ago from appearing on the remix of Dominic Angel's "Dance With You" or even playing as an extra in Hannah Beth's "Animal" video. Since then however Aubrey took her hunger for fame to singing competition, Starfactory. The starlet called herself the winner of the competition from the first episode of the show, automatically making some have a bitter opinion toward the hopeful. Still, as the weeks went on and on, Mikkel always rose the occasion and in the end, won the competition like she said she would. Since winning, Aubrey collected her hefty surprises and has gone on to achieve the fame you receive from winning any talent competition. Heavy momentum. Following her win, riding off the the heat of winning, she has released debut single, "Partner In Crime" which has become a big success on both the radio and digital charts as well as moderately certifying Aubrey a spot amongst some of today's musical talents. But since the release, what Aubrey's main focus is, is her new album entitled "Victorious" slated for a mid October release. Over the next two months, as Partner in Crime continued to sell, Aubrey made some appearances, most notably singing the hit at the Fan Choice Awards. Following the ceremony, Aubrey took the next few weeks to work fully on the album.

Just when people were wondering where she could be, Aubrey dropped great news on her fans, stating that the album was 90% percent done, and a new single would be on it's way. As well as revealing the album title's name, which was said earlier, will be called "Victorious". However, we are not here to talk about the album just yet, we are here to talk about her new single, entitled "Savior". Numerous times we have heard Aubrey Mikkel proclaim her self to be the "Savior of R&B&Soul" as she feels like other then R&B vocalists like Alicia Lena, the R&B genre is dwindling, quite swiftly. But could this be what the song is about? Aubrey also stated that the song would be much different then "Partner In Crime" calling the single, a heavily pop influenced R&B cut that was wonderful for the mainstream market. What could Aubrey offer for her next release?

Savior is the second single taken off of the debut album of Aubrey Mikkel. With the genre of the song being written under R&B, Soul and Trip Hop, we sure would like to see exactly what the track consists of, in terms of it's sound, and lyrically. Soon as the song starts, it gets straight to business. A very intimidating slamming beat is heard, mixed with the calmness of a quiet storm like baseline and drums appearing very swiftly. This is also happening before Aubrey is heard and already the song sounds quite unapologetic and that's what makes it all the more mysterious. Seconds go on with the same intimidating beat and Aubrey's voice finally finds it place onto the track. Aubrey's sings as if she has no inner feelings, almost as if she's possessed by the denseness and menace in her vocals as she starts off with the first line of the song. "They say I'll never use my heart| As long as I stay alive" Aubrey murmurs, within the break of those two lines, a swift electric guitar chord is heard as well as light cymbals. She continues on with the next lines of the song, with the intimidating beat and manner of the song not making a change. There looking for a right| To put an end to this spotlight; The beat then slows down a bit, with the continuous pounding and a jazz influenced sound appearing as Aubrey sings But I'm just getting started| I'm already on the flight. In those lines, it is clear that Aubrey is talking to the people who speak about her being "cocky and mean" or even wanting her to lose the spotlight she has garnered, but instead, she says she's on the flight to get to the top as well as saying talentless souls stand in the way, speaking of talentless artists who stand in the way. All the instruments from the beginning of the track then find it way back as Aubrey sings the next lines God placed me at the fate, at this fame| So where's the love and devotion| I've showed pain and emotion| If I have to be in the frontline of this battle of mine| I promise I'll stay alive that includes rigid guitar chords that find it's way to the hook. The song then slips into the chorus, that continue the rythm of the track but adds in more guitars and harder pounding. Aubrey's coos out the apologetic lyrics I'll be the savior of us| I won't sit around and wait| They don't care about us
Talentless souls just stand in the way| You can call me cocky| I might be mean| Ain't my fault
I'll live out this dream; Making it obvious that no matter what, Aubrey will achieve her "savior duties". Continuing, the song goes into a chanting like scream, where Aubrey yells out: I won't be left behind| Head on my shoulders| Neck growing taller| So I rise
With this will to fight; Aubrey then continues to belt out the next lines, addressing other female singers who take time out to only speak about their life, but really in all honestly people don't really want to hear about that: "You can waist your time telling you're life stories| All they wanna hear about is the last girl acting whorey"; Speaking of the media feeding into scandoulous females who get famous for being "whores". Aubrey continues on with these annopologetic lyrics as she elegantly says the next lines: It's dog eat dog world, what's there to worry| Especially when you're the one that's hungry; And then quickly yells out the next lines: You're not here to fight?| You're not on the frontline?; She quickly then speaks the next words: So bow down to your savior| Cause I'll need some favors; Playfully picking at anyone who's not in with the fight. The intimidating manner of the song doesn't change as the song goes onto the hook where Aubrey elegantly sings the hook followed by the chorus. For the bridge the chant like roar is heard, with it sounding like many people are yelling with her for the first two lines, she chants: I've been lost, but had no doubt
Cause I won't be left behind (no)| Let me shine!| I'll never be torn up inside| Let me fight through the night| While you all stand in fright| Then you'll call me your savior| And pay me with your best behavior|; Aubrey speaks as if she's actually fighting while others stand in fright and takes a nudge at the ones who will be thinking her. The song then breaks into the hook once more and then the chorus that brings all the instruments into one, with the organ, electric guitar, backing beats and cymballs roaring after Aubrey finishes the last lines for about 30 seconds, repetitively as the song fades off to the ending.

Aubrey offers us the elegant, intimidating,and self proclaiming track "Savior" that offers us something much different then her first release in "Partner In Crime", like Aubrey said herself. With it's Jazz influences with intimidating and truthful lines.... What do you think of the new apologetic track?

They say I'll never use my heart
As long as I stay alive
There looking for a right
To put an end to this spotlight
But I'm just getting started
I'm already on the flight

God placed me at the fate, at this fame
So where's the love and devotion
I've showed pain and emotion
If I have to be in the frontline of this battle of mine
I promise I'll stay alive

I'll be the savior of us
I won't sit around and wait,
They don't care about us
Talentless souls just stand in the way
You can call me cocky
I might be mean
Ain't my fault
I'll live out this dream

I won't be left behind
Head on my shoulders
Neck growing taller
So I rise
With this will to fight
You can waist your time telling you're life stories
All they wanna hear about is the last girl acting whorey
It's dog eat dog world, what's there to worry
Especially when you're the one that's hungry
You're not here to fight?
You're not on the frontline?
So bow down to your savior
Cause I'll need some favors

I'll be the savior of us
I won't sit around and wait
They don't care about us
You can call me cocky
I might be mean
Ain't my fault
I'll live out this dream

I've been lost, but had no doubt
Cause I won't be left behind (no)
Let me shine!
I'll never be torn up inside
Let me fight through the night
While you all stand in fright
Then you'll call me your savior
And pay me with your best behavior

I'll be the savior of us
I won't sit around and wait
They don't care about us
You can call me cocky
I might be mean
Ain't my fault
I'll live out this dream

[2x]

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/09/2012(UTC), Moquel on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2012 07:46:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Really good job writing this :) Very detailed and interesting to read.

Gia: Please save us from some of these acts! I'm actually not surprised at how great this is. I wouldn't expect less from someone like yourself and I love your sound. It's refreshing to hear something not like everything else already on the radio.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 05 September 2012 07:50:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Nice work. Brilliant description as always :)

Scott: StarFactory alumni for the win. I always knew you'd be a winner Aubrey. Epic work here my friend.
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 05 September 2012 08:16:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Really good job writing this :) Very detailed and interesting to read.

Gia: Please save us from some of these acts! I'm actually not surprised at how great this is. I wouldn't expect less from someone like yourself and I love your sound. It's refreshing to hear something not like everything else already on the radio.

Aubrey: Thank you. I have a message in mind that I need to get across, and I won't stop at anything to do that. I'm glad you see it too, Gia.

OOC: Thank you! Glad you liked it ! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 05 September 2012 08:17:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Nice work. Brilliant description as always :)

Scott: StarFactory alumni for the win. I always knew you'd be a winner Aubrey. Epic work here my friend.

OOC: Thank you :)! Glad you found it enjoyable.

Aubrey: Thank you Mr. R.H, I mean...didn't we all know I was the best candidate to win that show? If all the others didn't, I'm at least glad you did :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 05 September 2012 09:16:03(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jason: Hey thought I'd just say this song is really great and different from everything else out there I love it the sound the lyrics and your vocals also you look really great on the cover anyway awesome song :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 05 September 2012 09:36:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jason: Hey thought I'd just say this song is really great and different from everything else out there I love it the sound the lyrics and your vocals also you look really great on the cover anyway awesome song :)

Aubrey: Thank you Jason. I've been waiting for some time to drop this one on all of you.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:51:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

CHART POSITIONS UPDATE

Radio Charts: #4, #3
Digital Charts: #4, #2

Continue Supporting 'Savior'!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage