logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2012 05:18:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Lashes - Leather Love

OOC: Song by Famouss7x7, lyrics by genocidal king

UserPostedImage

Title: Leather Love
Artist: Lashes
Genre: Pop, Dance
Recorded: Leeds, UK
Release: October 7th 2012
Produced by: Brit Knox
Written by: B. Knox
Label: Hot Eye Records

Personnel
Natalya Dobros - Vocals
Mercedes Gomez - Vocals
Gemma Urie - Vocals
Lily-Rose - Vocals

The Single

Hailing from the UK, Lashes are a four piece girl group who have their origins as one of the stand out acts of 2012's Star Factory Season One. With Brittany Knox as their mentor, the quartet gave provocative and controversial yet amazingly eye-catching and talented performances before their eventual semi-final exit from the popular TV show. Since the show, the four teenagers have been snapped up by Stephanie Fierce's label, Hot Eye Records, despite Natalya Dobros, lead singer, having had more than one run in with the legendary popstar. Post Star Factory, Lashes have been working on releasing their first music as a professional outfit, teaming up with various producers and managers closely to attempt to launch themselves on a larger scene before the year is out. Following on from Aubrey Mikkell, Star Factory champion, Lashes become on the second alumni act from the singing competition to release new music, as they attempt to grab a vacant position in the pop market, currently dominated by female soloists and male-fronted bands.

Leather Love is the debut single from the pop/dance girl band. Working close with Brittany Knox, their former mentor, it was decided that the four-piece should release their professional advisor's own first single as a cover for their first release. Brittany released the track almost three years ago, as part of a career that saw her rocket to the top of the charts and the pop game as a whole. As well as this, the track is also that which announced the emergence of Lashes to the world, representing their first edgy, provocative and sexy rendition of the popular former #1 hit from their mentor, winning many fans and quickly rocketing their way into one of the favourite's positions in the competition. The full single release version of Leather Love sees it change in style from the original, staying true to the kind of arrangement performed by Lashes in the Star Factory. With its edgy dance synth sounds and hard-hitting beats, topped with glorious, talented vocals and sexy lyrics, Leather Love is sure to be one of the biggest club hits of 2012, and one of the top debut singles of the year.

From the start of the track it simply screams "nightclub" and "dance". The heavy synth sounds hit hard right from the off, before thumping bass drum kicks in and brings the song to life. Throughout the track, the beat is sustained at a constant steady pace,l almost commanding listeners to dance and pump their fists in unison on a hot night with a vodka and friends. Verses are sexy and provocative throughout, suggesting hot and steamy encounters with a lover. Meanwhile the choruses verge on dangerous, portraying successfully the power of a woman's sexuality, and how they can use this to gain a foot up on everyone and anyone that gets in their way. In short, this IS girl power, but in a very different way from that imagined in the 90s by the Spice Girls. As each of the four members take a turn to stamp their authority on the track, with Natalya Dobros, and the recently wed Gemma Urie being the obvious highlights throughout, the true talent of Lashes is in evidence, their potential to have a real staying power, pulling potential and a long and illustrious career displayed throughout.

Leather Love may be a cover version of a number one from Lashes mentor, Brittany Knox, but no one should have the wrong idea about this track; this is ALL Lashes. you may have heard the original before, but you have heard nothing like this in the past. The quartet pay homage to the original and its hard-hitting message, while stamping their mark on it and twisting and contorting it to create their own beautifully sexy rendition that really sounds fresh and brand new. While the release of a cover version may be nothing new regarding the first single from former TV show contestants-cum-popstars, Lashes have created something that can stand the test of time on its own and be seen as a completely unique and separate entity from the original version.

Recorded in Leeds, UK in September of 2012, Leather Love will get its full release on the Top 20 Digital and Airplay charts from Sunday October 7th, 2012 on hot Eye Records. Mark our words though this is NOT the last time you will hear from these four stars of the future. For Mercedes Gomez, Lily Rose, Gemma Urie and Natalya Dobros, the chapter has only just begun. The door has only just opened.

UserPostedImage
Lashes: Top - Mercedes Gomez, Gemma Urie. Bottom - Natalya Dobros, Lily Rose.

Gemma Urie says: This track is everything that we could have ever dreamed of when we were starting out. Some people may criticise us for releasing a cover for our first single, but it represents our beginnings and we have to respect where we came from. We loved all of the work that we did with Brittany on the show, so to be permitted to record one of her songs was magical. She was so good to us and we are forever thankful to her for that. On top of this, it was the first song we performed on a big stage together, and by recording it, we have something to look back on in the future and remember our beginnings. Personally, I am very proud of what we have done here and thankful for the opportunity, and I hope that the fans love.

Natalya Dobros says:This is like a dream come true, and a chance for us to show the fruits of our labour at last. I know that I have not done a lot in recent months to enhance the reputation of my band with my attitude, but this is all I have ever wanted from my life, and I am smiling at the fact I have recorded a single with the other members of my band. I smile about it every day, and I dream of hearing it played on radio and in clubs. I am hoping that we can become the new GirlSpice. I spent a lot of my teenage years dreaming of being them, wanting to look like them, dance like them and sing like them, and now my band and I have this opportunity to take our dream and pay tribute to them by doing girl groups proud!
This song...I love it. It's sexy. It's dirty. It's dangerous. It's so me. It is the perfect debut.

Blue - Lily Rose
Red - Everyone
Bold - Natalya (Chorus)
Violet - Gemma
Indigo - Mercedes

We were alright for a short time baby,
But I've been under you for too damn long,
Now I'm aroused and I feel like maybe,
I wanna tie you down, and it feels so wrong.
Now that you found this side of me you can trust,
I'll take control, I'm gonna make you com-bust.
My golden hair sweeps all over your face,
Don't I look good in leather and lace?

And when I worked out where the power lay,
You thought I would be good to you,
Who knew my innocence would go away-ay-ay!
You can beg and scream and call my name,
Don't ever tell me what to do,
I'll tie you down with leather, it's my game-ame-ame

Leather Love, Leather (Leather! Leather!)
I'm gonna tie you tie down slowly (Tether! Tether!)
It's my Leather Love, Leather (Leather! Leather!)
You are so helpless down below me (Terror! Terror!)
Kiss! Quick! Tie you down!
I'm gonna make your head spin around,
Given! Refused! I'm on top!
I'll kiss you all the way....now pop!

Now that I've taken control,
It's like you want me more.
Now that I'm grasping the pole,
You won't walk out that door.
I'm takin' over, you got me all up in your mind,
My filthy leather is the ties that bind.
My filthy leather...my, my filthy leather
I've tied you down and now you're losing your mind!

Dont' be scared boy I won't take you out,
I just wanna make you scream and shout,
My leather love is just a game,
A game designed to keep you tame.
Don't be afraid,
Don't be afraid,
My leather love is just a,
My leather love,
My leather love,
My leather love is just a game!

Sounds like

Edited by user 05 October 2012 05:21:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 05/10/2012(UTC), Walton on 05/10/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 05/10/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 05/10/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/10/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 05/10/2012(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2012 05:30:06(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Nichole: I love this. Fucking sexy.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
genocidal king on 05/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2012 05:30:37(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: There's most definitely a gap in the market for a girl group, and I really think you girls can fill in that gap. You're all talented and beautiful, plus this is a great debut, so I don't see why not. The GirlSpice mention was also very sweet, thank you Natalya! I wish you girls luck. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2012 05:40:29(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Liam: So fucking hot great job on an already great and sexy song girls really loved it

Jason: Wow haha good job girls sexy hot just loved it nice

Blake: Wow that was really sexy love the original and this is really good too great job girls

Chris: Damn....good job on this girls...very good job
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2012 06:04:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: So I'm gonna try to step away from the looks and focus solely on the actual music lol, but you three are very beautiful. I love the attitude and sexiness in the song and there's definitely been a lot of girl groups coming and going in the industry but not many have made it through the test of time. I hope you guys stay and can bring some kind of diversity to music.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 05 October 2012 07:33:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Nichole: I love this. Fucking sexy.

Natalya: Hi there Nichole. Thank you very much. I am very glad to hear you liked it :) And sexy? Yes, I am ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#7 Posted : 05 October 2012 08:41:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: There's most definitely a gap in the market for a girl group, and I really think you girls can fill in that gap. You're all talented and beautiful, plus this is a great debut, so I don't see why not. The GirlSpice mention was also very sweet, thank you Natalya! I wish you girls luck. :)

Gemma: Oh my God! Starstruck much Gemma? Wow! I can't believe this, Nadia Berry listened to us and even replied to us? Mega wow. I hope we can fill that gap, although it would be lovely to see you guys come back into it one day and shove us out of the way :3. I'm glad you liked the song as well. Thank you so so much :)
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#8 Posted : 05 October 2012 08:45:21(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: Really nice song you guys have got here! Really catchy. Makes me want to have leather sex lol... ;)

OOC: Great job Famouss7x7 and Scott :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 05 October 2012 09:27:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Liam: So fucking hot great job on an already great and sexy song girls really loved it

Jason: Wow haha good job girls sexy hot just loved it nice

Blake: Wow that was really sexy love the original and this is really good too great job girls

Chris: Damn....good job on this girls...very good job

Natalya: I like the way this Chris one speaks....call me. ;)

Gemma: Hey guys and thanks so much, again :) We all really appreciate the comments and the fact you took your time out to listen to it. Remember to buy it on Sunday :)

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 05/10/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#10 Posted : 05 October 2012 10:27:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: So I'm gonna try to step away from the looks and focus solely on the actual music lol, but you three are very beautiful. I love the attitude and sexiness in the song and there's definitely been a lot of girl groups coming and going in the industry but not many have made it through the test of time. I hope you guys stay and can bring some kind of diversity to music.

Gemma: Hi Jennifer. I'm really glad you enjoyed the song and picked up on the sexy attitude we were going for. :) I agree, its a hard thing to stick to, but we are hoping to be here for many years to come if possible. Watch this space honey :3
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 05 October 2012 12:13:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Woooooooo! I love it girls! Look at all of you! I honestly want to cry right now because I know you guys are going to be huge! I said this from the day I seen you guys, and I've seen you guys perform this live. It sounds amazing and I love that you all have been so respectful to me. I've always got you girls's backs and if you need anything, I told you guys to give me a call. Good luck with everything.

OOC: This is really good! Very enjoyable read. This song really brings back memories lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 05 October 2012 12:37:51(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17925 time(s) in 10417 post(s)
erich:sexy? sure. talented? you bet. possible products of the lebensborn program? i fully think so. notice they are all blonde.

karoliena: erich smells conspiracy everywhere. sorry,i'll be taking him home now.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#13 Posted : 05 October 2012 23:46:18(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Linda Fea: Ughh, this song was horrible then when Brittany Knock-Off sang it, and not even Lashes can do it justice. Very disappointed in this debut.

Stephanie Fierce: So much better than the original! I'm so proud of you girls! Can't wait to see you perform it LIVE!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
genocidal king on 06/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#14 Posted : 06 October 2012 01:28:35(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Alex: Christ almighty. It's hard keeping full concentration on the song whilst there is a picture of you up. Anyway, on the music front; this actually isn't terrible. You girls actually CAN sing, which has shocked me. I didn't watch Star Factory, but you girls obviously learnt a lot from it judging by this track. It still carries that incredibly annoying bass line that is in most pop songs, however that can be forgiven.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
genocidal king on 06/10/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#15 Posted : 06 October 2012 21:21:18(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: Really nice song you guys have got here! Really catchy. Makes me want to have leather sex lol... ;)

OOC: Great job Famouss7x7 and Scott :)

Natalya: Ah....yes....I know you. Thank you very much for listening to our song. I will not have leather sex with you, but thank you for liking our music.

Ooc: thanks :)
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 08 October 2012 04:09:18(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Brittany: Woooooooo! I love it girls! Look at all of you! I honestly want to cry right now because I know you guys are going to be huge! I said this from the day I seen you guys, and I've seen you guys perform this live. It sounds amazing and I love that you all have been so respectful to me. I've always got you girls's backs and if you need anything, I told you guys to give me a call. Good luck with everything.

OOC: This is really good! Very enjoyable read. This song really brings back memories lol.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:sexy? sure. talented? you bet. possible products of the lebensborn program? i fully think so. notice they are all blonde.

karoliena: erich smells conspiracy everywhere. sorry,i'll be taking him home now.

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Linda Fea: Ughh, this song was horrible then when Brittany Knock-Off sang it, and not even Lashes can do it justice. Very disappointed in this debut.

Stephanie Fierce: So much better than the original! I'm so proud of you girls! Can't wait to see you perform it LIVE!

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Alex: Christ almighty. It's hard keeping full concentration on the song whilst there is a picture of you up. Anyway, on the music front; this actually isn't terrible. You girls actually CAN sing, which has shocked me. I didn't watch Star Factory, but you girls obviously learnt a lot from it judging by this track. It still carries that incredibly annoying bass line that is in most pop songs, however that can be forgiven.

OOC: thanks for all the comments guys :)

Gemma: I love all you guys. And Brit, thank you so much for all you did for us. We will never forget it and we will always be in debt to you :)
UserPostedImage