logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline potterlatics  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2009 21:06:03(UTC)
potterlatics

Groups: Registered

If you do indeed like football, get yourself over to www.xperteleven.com and register.

Then click on search and in the League ID part type in 204633.

Basically it is a football management game that is really good and if you join you can create your own team in my league. The team has to be international, because it is an international league. It is great fun and really competitive.

Thanks
Offline old.gregg  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2009 21:15:54(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My bad - carry on :P

Edited by user 04 May 2009 21:35:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline xNightsidex  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2009 00:02:36(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Baffled much. Ad attack? Will lock if no response in 24 hours.
Offline Thorgrim  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2009 02:41:40(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

Baseball >>>> soccer
Offline Gildermershina  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2009 02:42:56(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Anything that isn't sport > Anything that is sport.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2009 02:43:30(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Genocide > Football?
Offline xNightsidex  
#7 Posted : 05 May 2009 05:28:58(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

I wholeheartedly adhere and agree to the previous two posts.
Offline forkboy  
#8 Posted : 05 May 2009 06:55:50(UTC)
forkboy

xNightsidex wrote:
I wholeheartedly adhere and agree to the previous two posts.

Oi, don't take my post out of context, I was pointing out the boys silly exaggeration.

I'm a Ross County & FC Parma fan boi, and love a good bit of Ultimate Fighting & Rugby Union AND American Football too.
Offline xNightsidex  
#9 Posted : 05 May 2009 07:05:55(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Duly noted, but I'm not much a fan of any sport as it goes.
Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 05 May 2009 11:56:43(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
At the first time I read his username I thought of something like milk coming from Harry Potter.
Back in topic, I like soccer, I always try to watch England matches when I can.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Rincewind  
#11 Posted : 05 May 2009 20:54:32(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
hate football, love rugby and winter sports
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline asdf  
#12 Posted : 05 May 2009 22:58:03(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I watch football on occasion and base ball during the World Series. Hate to watch soccer and golf. While I cant watch the whole race, I enjoy the last 50 laps of a Nascar Race. I also enjoy Monster trucks and some freestyle motocross. Drag racing is cool as well.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline vampirexkid  
#13 Posted : 28 May 2009 17:13:02(UTC)
vampirexkid

Man

Are we talking American Real Football or European Fake Football?

Anway, I live in Pittsburgh, so I gotta love football.
UserPostedImage
-------------THE BAND-------------

UserPostedImage
-------------THE ALBUM-------------
Offline Rincewind  
#14 Posted : 28 May 2009 18:28:55(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

vampirexkid wrote:

Now,as i said i don't like the game, but that is fail.... ubber fail.
You do realise that European football was invented around about 1314 (well thats the first refference to football in England anyway). Of course it took many different shapes and only started to be codified as we know it, around about 1800...
whereas american rip off rugby as i like to call it, has only been around since.. 1870, 1890? something like that.

So... one, is a sport older than your country... and you call the usurper the real version?
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#15 Posted : 28 May 2009 18:55:30(UTC)
forkboy

vampirexkid wrote:

No, we're talking about the worlds most played game as opposed to a game that has a following in one country and then a really small following in places like this country, Germany, France.

The joy of soccer is that it can be played by anyone across the world. All you need is a ball, and two items to mark out goalposts. As opposed to Helmetball, where you need a funny shaped ball, and if you don't want to end up all broken, a bugger load of protective gear. And a big field, and an actual referee. Where as soccer really can be played anywhere, on a beach,

I'm a fan of American football, (Go Packers!) I regularly stay up until 5am watching the Sunday Night and Monday Night games, regardless of who is playing because it's NFL and I enjoy watching it. But to come out and call soccer "fake football" is just either you really know how to troll Europeans, Africans & Asians or you are being alarmingly insular and ignorant. Which would hardly be a first for a Yank. ;)

The reason football is called football is because you use your foot to control the ball for the vast majority of the game. So why on earth is Helmetball called football when you only kick the ball (hit it with their foo) some 10-15 times?
Offline Gildermershina  
#16 Posted : 28 May 2009 21:53:18(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
vampirexkid wrote:

American Football would be more accurately called "Handegg"
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#17 Posted : 29 May 2009 05:24:29(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
-For the following post I will be calling, Amercian Football, Football and Rest of the World Football, Soccer.

I agree what vampire said was stupid, and that American Football has the wrong name that it should have but... Football is much funner than Soccer, and much more fun to watch. Maybe it's me but soccer is just to high brow for my tastes, and I cant stand that English announcer. Americans have been known to rip off England in many ways, but calling it football isnt ripping it off, if anything you should be mad that we called Soccer, Soccer. After all, with that, we took something of yours and tried to make it our own with a new name and completely ignored your Soccer.

P.S. If America is so bad, then how come we have done in 230 years what it has taken other countries more than 1000 years to do?
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline forkboy  
#18 Posted : 29 May 2009 06:48:37(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:
-For the following post I will be calling, Amercian Football, Football and Rest of the World Football, Soccer.

I agree what vampire said was stupid, and that American Football has the wrong name that it should have but... Football is much funner than Soccer, and much more fun to watch. Maybe it's me but soccer is just to high brow for my tastes, and I cant stand that English announcer. Americans have been known to rip off England in many ways, but calling it football isnt ripping it off, if anything you should be mad that we called Soccer, Soccer. After all, with that, we took something of yours and tried to make it our own with a new name and completely ignored your Soccer.

It was called soccer by Englishmen before anyone else. The actual name of the game is Association Football. And someone back in the day (19th century) started calling it soccer because there was quite a few other sports with football attached to them, like rugby football. But they all became known under other names, and so the game where you spend all your time kicking a ball with your FOOT is known as football. It kind of makes sense if you, I don't know, THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MOMENT?

And oh my God, football high brow? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that shit is hysterical. Football is anything but. It's a game whose core fanbase across the globe is the poorer segments of each society. Sometimes that translates as drunken louts as in the UK. Sometimes it manifests in other ways. But highbrow? Nah pal, that's fucking insane.

These sort of discussions are utterly tiresome for me because I like both American football and soccer. I will happily watch them both, and hearing people witter on about the game they don't like while not having a fucking clue is so bloody boring. Seen this discussion time and time again.

asdf wrote:
P.S. If America is so bad, then how come we have done in 230 years what it has taken other countries more than 1000 years to do?

How do you define "more"? Your empire is still tiny compared to the British Empire at it's peak. Compared to Ancient Greece you have no culture (which applies to all modern culture really). I don't get what your trying to say here, it's disjointed, poorly worded and spasticated.
Offline Aj  
#19 Posted : 29 May 2009 07:33:55(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

It was called soccer by Englishmen before anyone else. The actual name of the game is Association Football. And someone back in the day (19th century) started calling it soccer because there was quite a few other sports with football attached to them, like rugby football. But they all became known under other names, and so the game where you spend all your time kicking a ball with your FOOT is known as football. It kind of makes sense if you, I don't know, THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MOMENT?

And oh my God, football high brow? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that shit is hysterical. Football is anything but. It's a game whose core fanbase across the globe is the poorer segments of each society. Sometimes that translates as drunken louts as in the UK. Sometimes it manifests in other ways. But highbrow? Nah pal, that's fucking insane.

These sort of discussions are utterly tiresome for me because I like both American football and soccer. I will happily watch them both, and hearing people witter on about the game they don't like while not having a fucking clue is so bloody boring. Seen this discussion time and time again.

asdf wrote:

How do you define "more"? Your empire is still tiny compared to the British Empire at it's peak. Compared to Ancient Greece you have no culture (which applies to all modern culture really). I don't get what your trying to say here, it's disjointed, poorly worded and spasticated.

To be fair, im not a big fan of either but i do watch football, or 'soccer'. And to be honest american football just seems to me like pussy version of Rugby. Anyone know which came first? American Football or Rugby? I'd be interested to know :)

Boxing & MMA are the only sports for me :)
Offline Rincewind  
#20 Posted : 29 May 2009 08:28:08(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Aj wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

asdf wrote:

To be fair, im not a big fan of either but i do watch football, or 'soccer'. And to be honest american football just seems to me like pussy version of Rugby. Anyone know which came first? American Football or Rugby? I'd be interested to know :)

Boxing & MMA are the only sports for me :)

Rugby came first.
and im just like: