logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2013 03:53:23(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 3 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 22/04/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 22/04/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2013 04:00:07(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy Griffin, Live at 'Tiger Tiger Haymarket' – 21st April 2013

As Sammy takes to the stage, he feels a tingling in his fingers. It is the first time he has performed in front of a crowd for an incredibly long time. He grasps his guitar a little tighter and steps towards the microphone. His throat is dry and he can feel his hands clamming up. Sammy closes his eyes and takes a long deep breath. “I can do this, I can do this!” he thinks to himself as he exhales slowly.

Hey, everybody!” Sammy smiles as he slowly speaks into the microphone, “I hope everyone is okay!” There is a slight ripple of cheers from the audience, Sammy relaxes a little more. It will be okay. He’s done this a million times before! “My name is Sammy Griffin” a larger cheer occurs this time, people obviously remember him from his previous stint in the limelight; “and I am gonna perform a few new tracks, one or two old ones and a cover of one of my favourite tracks of all time!!

Sammy steps back and fiddles about with his guitar. “So this is a new song of mine, it’s called Over Now.” And with that he starts to pluck a steady tune. He smiles as he sees the audience start to sway and move to the tune, he takes a deep breath and sings.

” I look back at the times,
I look back at our lives,
I miss the times when we were together,
I thought that they were forever,
But it’s over now.”

Sammy steps back from the microphone as he strums the tune to his new song; it is being received quite well so far. The audience appear to getting into the song quite nicely. He steps forward and starts to sing the first verse. The pace of the strumming slows slightly as he gets into the verse. The verse ends over a resounding pluck, and then he strums three times in quick succession before going into the chorus again. The second chorus is much the same as the first, and leads into the second verse nicely.

“Pictures tell a story,
A story that I’d forgotten,
Of the times that you were mine,
In a place long passed by.”

As the second verse ends Sammy starts to really thrash at his little acoustic guitar and plays a little solo, the audience are all cheering and swaying. He strums one more time and then there is no sound at all. The crowd cheers, thinking the song is over, and as they do so he quietly sings the final chorus. He plucks in time to his vocals and then lets the final pluck fade as he does actually finish the song.

UserPostedImage

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 6 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/04/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/04/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 22/04/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2013 04:53:22(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Part 2

After Sammy’s first new song, Over Now, he plays one of he performs one of the tracks from his The Griffin EP, Please Don’t Go.

“That was Over Now, and Please Don’t Go.” And with that there was a large cheer from the Tiger Tiger Haymarket audience in Soho.. “The first one was a new song from my new album – which I am finally in the very last stages of putting together!” With that the audience cheered again. “and the other one was one of the tracks from my most recent EP – it was actually a promotional single too!” Sammy laughs and then starts to pluck a very familiar tune.

“So I’m now going to play that cover song. ” the audience cheers “it’s a great song, probably one of my favourite songs to have ever been written!” There is a slight ripple of cheering from the audience. He continues to play the familiar tune as he speaks. “before I start, I just want to thank you all for coming out to see me at such short notice! You’ve all been amazing so far!” Again the audience cheers and screams, “and I am very grateful to have had as good an audience as you to ease me back into playing live!” one more time the audience cheers.

Sammy laughs as the audience continues to cheer at everything he says, “So I guess I should actually get on with the song now!” He chuckles, “So what’s the song called then guys?” he continues to play the start point of the song on loop like he has been doing while he has been talking, and before he knows it the audience screams out the song title. “Wherever You Will Go!!” He nods and starts the vocals.

“ So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face

If a greater wave shall fall
And fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own?"

The audience sings along to every single word. The song was a huge hit, made famous again more recently by a television advert; everyone knows this song. Fortunately, the risk of being compared to The Calling appears to have paid off. The entire crowd is getting involved and Sammy can’t help but smile as he sings the chorus with the crowd.

UserPostedImage

Sammy progresses into the next set of verses, the audience continues to out sing him. He keeps to the original version of the song, rather than throwing a little rap in there like he has been known to do before now, something just to put his own little stamp onto a song. As he reaches the next chorus he really pipes up and belts it out; contrasting with how he has been singing for the rest of the evening.

“If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go"

The audience cheers as Sammy reaches the half-way point in his performance. He smiles and takes a sip of his water while he soaks in the applause and the cheering. His first performance back couldn’t really be going much better!

Edited by user 22 April 2013 04:55:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 5 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/04/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/04/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 22/04/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#4 Posted : 22 April 2013 05:22:04(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Part 3

Sammy continues with his performance, and plays through the first song he ever wrote, Bad Blood and another new song Crumble. The show continues in much the same fashion as it has already been going, and Sammy finally reaches his final song. He finishes his bottle of water off and wipes the sweat off of his forehead with his sleeve.

“God it’s hot in here!” he exclaims and the audience laughs, “Right I’ve got one more track to play for you all, and I’m happy to announce that is my new single!” With that the audience cheers madly and don’t stop for over a minute until he waves at them to quiet down again. “I know! It’s been a long time coming!” A ripple of laughter works through the room as he too chuckles. “It’s the third new song I’ll have played tonight, and will be available to request on the AirPlay charts as of the 28th of April, and will be available to download as of the 12th of May!” The audience cheers again.

Sammy removes his guitar, and goes to sit at the little piano at the back of the stage. Most people hadn’t even noticed it was there as the wall behind it has been painted a very similar colour and it is dark at the back of the stage. He pushes the piano forwards a bit so that it is in the light. Sammy sits and ruffles his hair once more, wiping his sweaty hands on his trousers again afterwards. He adjusts the microphone so that it is pointing towards his mouth and then begins the song.

The introductory riff is slow. Very slow. The notes are all played on a low octave, except for the very few – and seemingly random – high pitched notes that Sammy appears to be throwing in. “I have to say, Piano was never really my instrument of choice. But since my sister...” his voice cracks. “since my sister passed, I actually find it quite relaxing. A nice way of letting it out...” he continues to play the introduction on a loop and then closes his eyes before he really goes into the song.

The piano playing is incredibly intricate, and Sammy rocks back and forth on the small stool before finally leaning in to the microphone to start the vocals. His voice is soft, calm and very gentle; blending with the increasingly intricate play of the piano beautifully. The lyrics don’t require power to express the message being portrayed; in fact the message comes across incredibly clear by the lack of power used at this point, his voice barely more than a whisper.

“I take a drink to numb the pain,
You'll take a while to love again,
What I did was so wrong,
I know I'll have hurt you for so long,
What can I do to make it up to you?
What can I do to make it right?
I hope you know my apology is true,
But I know that you've already given up the fight....”

That last line of the verse fades slowly into the exquisite tune of the piano, and then he slams on the keys and belts out the chorus. Sammy pleads into the microphone as the chorus requires him do so, touching the hearts of every person who has ever been hurt or hurt someone in the audience. The way his lyrics scratch the surface is really supported by the way his vocals really delve into the heart of the audience and connects with the emotions of the crowds.

The chorus ends and the second verse is sung similarly to the first, except now the piano playing has reverted to a slightly louder, less intricate tune, which symbolises the desperation portrayed in the song. The verse comes to a close and the second chorus arrives, again being much like the first.

“ What can I do to make you love me?
What can I do to make it right?
I know what I did was not worth it!
I know what I said caused the fight!
What can I say to make you feel me?
What can I say to break the cold?
How many times must I apologise?
Or is what we had already long gone?”

After the second chorus, Sammy just keeps hitting the same notes over to a continuous beat. He stands and knocks the stool backwards with his legs. He leans into the microphone and pleads into the microphone again, his voice cracks towards the end of the second line of the bridge, but he pulls it back again before the next line starts and continues as if nothing happened.

“ Why did I.....
Make you cry?
All I had to do.....
Was eternally love you!”

The performance comes to a close after another verse, and Sammy smiles. He sits back and relaxes on the chair, wiping his forehead one last time in front of the crowd as they cheer and scream for him. Sammy stands and waves to them all one last time, he bows and swiftly leaves the stage with his empty water bottle. He goes and stands just round the corner so he can still hear the crowd cheering for him without them being able to see him

He thinks to himself, “I’m back!”

Set –List
1. Over Now [New Song]
2. Please Don’t Go
3. Wherever You Will Go [The Calling Cover]
4. Bad Blood
5. Crumble[New Song]
6. Numb [New Song]

OOC: done!! feedback would be appreciated :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 5 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/04/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/04/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/04/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 22 April 2013 05:28:19(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: Really great job! Liking the look of the new songs too judging from the lyrics, glad to see you back to roleplaying. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Matticus on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#6 Posted : 22 April 2013 05:29:59(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Really great job! Liking the look of the new songs too judging from the lyrics, glad to see you back to roleplaying. :)

OOC: Great, thank you!! Will have the full lyrics for the new track up tomorrow i would imagine!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 22 April 2013 07:50:08(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Adele: Have we already had a conversation about how sexy Sammy is? Yes? Good. Because now he's sexy and talented. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline Matticus  
#8 Posted : 22 April 2013 07:59:31(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy: Well thank you very much Adele, you're not too bad yourself ;) maybe I'll see you around some time? So that I can buy you a drink?
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline theonlysorrow  
#9 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:05:11(UTC)
theonlysorrow

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Ooc- This is a nice roleplay. Nice and easy to read. I liked it :)
Envy /\/\/\ Stacey Pilgrim

thanks 1 user thanked theonlysorrow for this useful post.
Offline Matticus  
#10 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:06:34(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: theonlysorrow Go to Quoted Post
Ooc- This is a nice roleplay. Nice and easy to read. I liked it :)

OOC: that was the plan :P thank you :) not particularly different to any of my other Sammy RPs though I suppose ahaha
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:26:36(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Quote:
Sammy: Well thank you very much Adele, you're not too bad yourself ;) maybe I'll see you around some time? So that I can buy you a drink?

Adele: Definitely... Thank you, sweetie. Call me, alright?
Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:28:15(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
oc: Good job on this really enjoyed reading it and I really love the new lyrics :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#13 Posted : 22 April 2013 16:41:12(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Adele: Definitely... Thank you, sweetie. Call me, alright?

Sammy: of course I will! I'll see you soon then!

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
oc: Good job on this really enjoyed reading it and I really love the new lyrics :)

OOC: yay :D thank you lovely :D
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline ang3licd3vil  
#14 Posted : 23 April 2013 00:31:46(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
ooc: Liking the new material ;-) glad to see you back :D

Mykaylah: Hmm I would eat him up alive and then spit him back out
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

Offline BrownSugar  
#15 Posted : 23 April 2013 01:49:36(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19122 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Dustyn: YAY! I watched this online and thought you sounded amazing! You look different from the last time I seened you though. Has you had a haircut?

ooc: Really enjoyed this and glad to see you back in action. The new lyrics are great too!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Matticus  
#16 Posted : 23 April 2013 04:48:08(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: ang3licd3vil Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Liking the new material ;-) glad to see you back :D

Mykaylah: Hmm I would eat him up alive and then spit him back out

OOC: thank you :D glad to actually be back :)

Sammy: that sounds fairly kinky Mykaylah....

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: YAY! I watched this online and thought you sounded amazing! You look different from the last time I seened you though. Has you had a haircut?

ooc: Really enjoyed this and glad to see you back in action. The new lyrics are great too!

Sammy: yeah my hair was just getting too long and difficult to manage so I trimmed it back a bit! I'm really glad you enjoyed it though!!

OOC: thank you! Glad you like them!!

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype