logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2014 05:09:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Song: Forever the same
Genre: Electro House, Progressive House
Length: 3:04
Writer (s): Drake Anton Zaslavski (mISTER_b), Lilly Stuart
Producer (s): Drake Anton Zaslavski (mISTER_b), ElectroLightz
Vocals: Nova
Label: Studio60
Recorded: June 2014

Background
Drake has reported working on his second album by the midst of April after he concluded his first worldwide club oriented “Recovery World Tour”. He managed to re-group the same producer’s team he worked in his debut album, obviously once being part of the ElectroDeath Team, he is currently making the follow up of the successful “The Energy” debut album. Initial talks with some singers were first arranged by his manager and his record label’s executives, Studio60. It comes to our knowledge that Nova is one of among these artists to feature on his album.
But not only one song was recorded featuring Nova’s vocals, but another track was made to feature on the soundtrack of the movie starring Isabel Merjos (don’t forget “Recovery” the number one single) called “Summer Break”. Reportedly being a controversial movie that goes beyond its main star angelical behavior, Drake was invited to write a song for the hyped soundtrack and it ended up being featuring Nova.
Similarities with “Recovery” might be a point of criticism, but the track is overall much more club oriented than the famous EDM single. Mixing progressive house with electro house the track is a grower compared to Drake’s previous material, it has melodically vocals quite well produced and performed by Nova, and she managed to deliver an impressive range plus emotional effort coordinated by the house beats of the song.
The progressive house elements are obviously noticed with the crescendo tempo of the track towards its choruses, but the track might be mainly influenced by electro house such is the subtle drum sequence of its introduction and the elements presented in the breakdown of the track which receives elements of synth beats. The verses of the track are focused on Nova’s vocals, so one of the reasons they are quite good, it’s probably because the main goal was to let her performance set the mood of the track in this case it’s very hopeful and empowering.
The track was written by Drake and Lilly Stuart, it’s about the breaking dawn of a big party, where most of the clubbers on it are feeling the same vibe, sharing the same energy as Nova sings in its first lines “Let’s stay here under the sun, 'Cause right here, we're all as one” moments after the first verse on its pre-chorus is clearly noticed that this “energy” told in the track might make reference to MDMA or ecstasy with the line “Even though our minds might not be sane” and “And if we can buy happiness”, it describes the brotherhood sensation these synthetic drugs bring to its consumers. Despite Drake declared in some interviews he is against the use of these drugs due to his first marriage turned into a failure because of his ex-wife abuse of cocaine, he said that he knows most of the clubbers are users of such substances and he believes that the moderate consummation of them might be the best orientation for these young people who likes to experience pleasure while dancing to electronic music.
The theme of the song matches with one of the themes presented in the movie, where we get to see Isabel taking drugs and partying hard till the morning light.

Lyrics

Let’s stay here under the sun
'Cause right here, we're all as one
No matter your beliefs
We’re all feel the same energy

We can join hands in compassion for your pain, we’re the same
Even though our minds might not be sane

And if we can buy happiness
I hope it will last more than one day
So I could live in this place
With this vibe I would remain
Forever complete

Forever complete

I thirst for hope
I lost love so long ago
But right here under the sun
I’m back to nostalgia

A moment of brotherhood and complicity, you and me
Even though someone might think we’re crazy

Just ‘cause we bought happiness
And it will last more than one day
And heaven is in this place
In this vibe we’ll remain
Forever the same

Just ‘cause we bought happiness
And it will last more than one day
And heaven is in this place
In this vibe we’ll remain
Forever the same

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 27/07/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 27/07/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/07/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/07/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/08/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2014 09:05:45(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Wow if this is on the Summer Break soundtrack then I can't wait to hear the rest of it! Beautiful song guys! ;)

Ooc: Great lyrics and single cover :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 28/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2014 10:09:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: I'm very excited about this movie and it was a new experience for me to write a song based on a script like that. Nova has an amazing voice and it was a very funny day at the studio while recording this track.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/07/2014(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2014 03:36:15(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Ahhh I love it this is so awesome I can't wait for the whole soundtrack omg

ooc: Great job on this love the lyrics :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 28/07/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 01 August 2014 13:48:28(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Mandy: Love this! Mister_b you are totally everywhere and NOVA does an amazing job on vocals! This soundtrack album will be so amazing I already know it !

OOC: Great work guys :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 01 August 2014 14:12:01(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Lacy: well this song is my new jam love this :D

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 02 August 2014 22:59:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Amy: I'm loving this track and the work of mISTER_b and the talent of Nova is shining through. It's not normally my go-to genre but lyrically it's simplistic and effective and I think it shows that Nova and mISTER_b work well together. Great summer track! :)
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 03/08/2014(UTC)