logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2011 00:30:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Album Title: Into The Wild Part II
Recorded: Viewpoint Studio’s, Elizabethtown, Indiana
Release Date: May 15, 2011
Length: 61:36
Producers: JR Rhythm, Brandon Caulfield

Tracklisting
1. Patience & Grace (3:18)
2. The Sky Is The Limit (4:21)
3. Morning Breath, On My Neck (6:42)
4. New York Is A Strange Place For A Nobody (4:51)
5. If I Said I Loved You, Would You Hold It Against Me (6:23)
6. Bounty Hunter Beauty (4:02)
7. Kiss Me Out Of Desire (Not Out Of Guilt) (5:11)
8. Working On A Mystery (3:03)
9. Finding Meaning (Running Down A Dream) (7:11)
10. Fighting For A System Built To Fail (5:26)
11. What Side Are You On? (3:17)
12. A Whiskey And A Smile (Hides My Sorrow For A While) (9:11)

Personnel
Brandon Caulfield - Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Songwriting, Production
Sarah Jade Harrison - Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals
Scotty Morgan - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Tom Lokám - Keyboards
Anthony Browne - Drums, Percussion
JR Rhythm - Production, Mixing, Mastering, Engineering

Edited by user 14 May 2011 20:15:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 25 April 2011 00:31:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

1) Patience & Grace (3:18)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The first song from part 2 of Brandon Caulfield’s Into The Wild picks up where part 1 ended, as a soft acoustic guitar begins the intro to Patience & Grace, already the mood is set as the first line of the song begins, “I’ve Got A Beaten Down Guitar/And The Distance Is Too Far/I’ve Got Some Words And A Melody Saying This Is What It Means To Me/Now That I’m Alone/How I Long To Be Back Home.”
It’s a quiet moody with only the soft lonely vocals of Brandon and the strings of an acoustic guitar as his only company on this track and with the song comes a story of being so far away from home just trying to make a living out of music with a young guy crashing down in shelters and even sometimes on the street as he tries to make a future for himself and his wife, but the song also tells of his loneliness and how he is just longing to be back home as the touring life becomes a mundane place to be.

As the song moves towards the chorus, Brandon sings about a phone call home to his wife, “All I Ask For Is Patience & Grace/I Can’t Be There Like An Absence Of Faith/But Hold On My Sweet/Because Come The Fall/We’ll Be Back Together And We’ll Have It All.” He sings with emotion, putting his heart and his soul on the line and into the song to the point where you can almost hear the desperation in his voice, he seems to have inhabited the feeling of the guy in the story and you can tell that this song has more than just a fictitious story to it, as the song comes towards the end, the guy in the story has finally had enough of touring and has found himself on a train, making his way back home.

Songwriters Comment
“I wrote half of this song during the recording session for Into The Wild Part I, I was away from home and I wasn’t feeling particularly great about it, I was feeling kinda lonely and then I just sort of forgot about it for a little while and never really thought anything of it really. And then in February I was looking through some things in my apartment and I came across this piece of paper with lyrics scrawled on it and red through them and thought, you know what, that’s actually some pretty good stuff right there and I just sat with an acoustic guitar and finished the rest of the song, I called JR (Rhythm) and met him in LA and played him the song and he loved it, and I decided to put it on the record and here we are.
I think when I wrote the song, I was in a pretty lonely place and when I recorded the song, the emotion all just sort of came out and it’s a pretty raw song to listen back to you, because it sort of takes me back to how I was feeling when I wrote it and I think people who have felt a similar way will feel something when they listen to it. It’s a song I’m proud of and thank god I found that piece of paper, otherwise it’ wouldn’t have existed.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Foo Fighters - Home

OOC: I hope this is a good enough standard, I've always struggled at describing songs, let me know what you think.

Edited by user 25 April 2011 01:45:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 25 April 2011 01:17:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

2) The Sky Is The Limit (4:21)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The second song from the album is about believing that you can do anything you put your mind to, it’s a song about believing that there’s something better out there for you in whatever your doing, it’s uplifting and majestic at times with an emotional backdrop provided by Brandon and his backing band, pianist Sarah Jade Harrison gives the song that little bit more with her melodic piano playing and dreamy backing vocals and guitarist Scotty Morgan adds a bit of power as he begins playing the guitar midway through the song, all of this is accompanied by the slow drum beats provided by Anthony Browne. The vocals by Brandon are as crisp and clear as ever but with an air of hurt to it as he sings, “Lucy, This Is Your Game/So Just Go, Win It/Because, Pretty Baby, The Sky Is The Limit.”

Midway through the song, Brandon makes the vocal transition from soft singer-songwriter into rock god, as he raises his voice, the rest of the band raise their game to provide an almost Zeppelin-esque ending to the song, with thrashing Electric guitars and huge pounding drums and then almost stops instantly as the song finishes.

Songwriters Comment
“Well, this is the kinda song I’ve always tried to stay away from as a songwriter, I write songs on a daily basis and every once in a while, you’ll veer off and end up writing something you wouldn’t ordinarily write, but I thought why not do an uplifting sort of song, it would be a nice change I guessed and it’s always nice to write something other than my usual whiney heartbreak stuff. But I wanted to make sure I stayed away from the typical cliché of this kinda song, I didn’t wanna do the whole, climbing mountains, reaching for your dream kinda thing because it’s been done to death so I tried to make sure I didn’t go off in that direction, which was pretty tricky but I think I managed to do it and as I played the first part of the song I realised that it was a little too soft and predictable so I decided that I’d make the second half of the song one of the loudest songs I possibly could and I sort of did my half-assed impersonation of Robert Plant and just went for it, it’s a little uneven perhaps but I kinda like it.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Something Good Coming

OOC: Wasn't expecting to finish writing track 2 so soon, Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Edited by user 25 April 2011 01:44:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 25 April 2011 01:44:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

3) Morning Breath, On My Neck (6:42)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The third song on the album is soft song about love, it’s melodic piano backing is perfectly accompanied by soft guitar playing by Caulfield as he also provides his typical heartbreak vocals to what is clearly a song about love and fear, singing about the feeling of waking up beside someone who can just look at you and get your heart racing and on the flip side, the fear of letting her know exactly how you feel, the bottled up emotions come to breaking point as Caulfield yells out at the top of his voice just the crazy depth of his love, “Girl You Get Me So Mad, I Just Wanna Take The Plunge From The Rooftop/And Have That Relief When I Feel My Heart Stop/But Something Burns Deep Inside My Soul/And I’m Forever Yours, Baby That’s All.” With anxiety, fear, love and eventually relief, it’s a song of mixed emotions as Caulfield tries to get across as many different feelings as possible and but the thing that makes this song work is Caulfield’s ability to switch vocally from sadness to joy within the blink of an eye, certainly something he seems to do with ease.

At almost seven minutes long, the song also has an extended instrumental break at around the 5:03 mark and ends at almost at 6:00, as the drums beat softly and the piano continues the melodic theme of the song, the inclusion of Brandon’s acoustic guitar adds to the aura and makes way for the final part of the song as Brandon sings, “It May Be Hard To Get Over You/But A Less Honest Man Would Stay True/I’d Find It Tough To Love You Again/At Least Not In The Same Way/So Drink Your Wine And Deal The Cards/Hold The Gun And Break My Heart/But One Thing I Know/Is That I’ll Never Forget/Your Morning Breath, On My Neck.” And with a soft sigh into the microphone the song ends.

Songwriters Comment
“I wrote this song a little while back, I think 2008. It wasn’t a particularly great year for me on several different levels but there was this element that things could change so quickly in my life, I may not have been hugely happy at the time but somehow, I kept finding the inspiration to get out of bed every morning and keep trying to make things happen for myself, It wasn’t a particularly good period of my life but there was always that feeling that, Yeah it feels bad now, but it’s gonna get better someday and it was written in the two weeks after a tough break up and I just wanted to let all of this sort of built-up frustration out and it sort of found it’s way into this song and it’s a song I’ve always been pleased with and I only recently found the lyrics to it again and decided that I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to record this for this album.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Ryan Adams - La Cienega Just Smiled

OOC: Definitely didn't expect to finish track 3 today but I think that's all I'll do for today. Again if you could read this stuff then that would make me pretty happy because it's probably the first thing I've written in a while that I'm pretty happy with. Thanks.

Edited by user 25 April 2011 01:47:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#5 Posted : 25 April 2011 01:50:55(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: Wow, this is brilliant. Seriously, well done on this. Very descriptive and good to read.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 April 2011 01:54:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Laurelles1 wrote:
OOC: Wow, this is brilliant. Seriously, well done on this. Very descriptive and good to read.

OOC: Thanks, I normally think most of the stuff that I do is pretty low quality stuff but I feel unusually good about this so far, Thanks for commenting :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:03:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hannah Beth: I love all the tracks so far. The second one is my favorite. :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline DistortedAudio  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:11:02(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
OOC: Your descriptions have always been some of the best and the same keeps going here.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:12:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

RoseJapanFan wrote:
Hannah Beth: I love all the tracks so far. The second one is my favorite. :)

Brandon: Thanks Hannah, that means a lot to me.
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:13:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

DistortedAudio wrote:
OOC: Your descriptions have always been some of the best and the same keeps going here.

OOC: Wow really, thanks man. Track descriptions is what I struggle to write the most so that's quite a relief.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#11 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:16:16(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
DistortedAudio wrote:

OOC: Wow really, thanks man. Track descriptions is what I struggle to write the most so that's quite a relief.

OOC: I completely get what you mean, it's not the lyrics I struggle with: It's the sound I'm trying to convey and how I can get other people to think of it.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline capri96  
#12 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:50:43(UTC)
capri96

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
EunYoung: Wow, this one is just superb. You are really talented. You will go far in this industry. Good luck!
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 25 April 2011 02:54:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

capri96 wrote:
EunYoung: Wow, this one is just superb. You are really talented. You will go far in this industry. Good luck!

Brandon: Well thank you that's very kind of you to say so, I appreciate your enthusiasm.
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 25 April 2011 22:55:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

4) New York Is A Strange Place For A Nobody (4:51)

UserPostedImage

Song Description
The fourth song starts off with a only an acoustic guitar and soft drum beats and after about 30 seconds of the music, Brandon finally sings the first line of the song with a soulful feel but also with an air of anger in his voice, “The New York City Lights/Shine Down So Bright/Highlighting Every Single Move You Make/Good Or Bad Or One Big Mistake/The Pressure On Your Shoulders At Twenty-One Years Old/Nothing Feels Heavier On You/As You Play Your Hand/You Fold.” And as the song continues, the pressures of being a struggling musician in the most famous city in the world get the better of the guy in the song as he decides to give up and head back home, the guitar becomes more aggressive along with the drum beats and Brandon sings, “Instead I’ll Head All The Way Back Home/To The People That Once Loved Me/I’ve Failed To Achieve What I Set Out To Do/If It Don’t Happen Then It Ain’t To Be/I Could Go To London, Paris Or Berlin/Because New York Is A Strange Place For A Nobody.” he sings with regret and sorrow. The guitar that Caulfield was previously playing has gone and is instead replace for a piano which eases the song towards the end.

Songwriters Comment
“I guess this one is pretty autobiographical. I went to New York at 19 years old and attempted to begin a music career, the reason why I chose New York because all of the people I looked up to as a young musician, The likes of Dylan, Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Sinatra and Simon & Garfunkel all had some sort of connection with New York, and I saw the city as a very sort of cool and artistic place to be. But it never really worked out in New York, Maybe I never stayed there long enough but it was pretty tough because there’s so many talented young musicians or actors or painters or poet’s or whatever that head to New York to attempt to get noticed and it’s like being a small fish in a big pond, it’s much more difficult to do things that way, so I had a little bit of resentment for New York City, I absolutely love the place but at the time it was a pretty lonely place to be and that’s when and why I wrote this song.”
- Brandon Caulfield

Similar To
Ray Lamontagne - New York City’s Killing Me
Offline bdylan88  
#15 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:01:31(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
RHYTHM MAGAZINE OFFICIAL REVIEW

Brandon Caulfield is one of those artists that grab your attention right from the get go. With each song, each album, he has become
a masterful lyricist, and a master musician. Into The Wild part II proves it.

“Lucy, This Is Your Game/So Just Go, Win It/Because, Pretty Baby, The Sky Is The Limit.” is one of the most powerful lyrics in the album,
it's from the song The Sky Is The Limit. The album is full of what I consider classic, songs like the opening, Patience & Grace,
New York Is A Strange place For Nobody, and A Whiskey And a A Smile.

Brandon is on a path to the top. Into The Wild Part II is just the dawn of this legend to be. 4/4 stars
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:38:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

bdylan88 wrote:
RHYTHM MAGAZINE OFFICIAL REVIEW

Brandon Caulfield is one of those artists that grab your attention right from the get go. With each song, each album, he has become
a masterful lyricist, and a master musician. Into The Wild part II proves it.

“Lucy, This Is Your Game/So Just Go, Win It/Because, Pretty Baby, The Sky Is The Limit.” is one of the most powerful lyrics in the album,
it's from the song The Sky Is The Limit. The album is full of what I consider classic, songs like the opening, Patience & Grace,
New York Is A Strange place For Nobody, and A Whiskey And a A Smile.

Brandon is on a path to the top. Into The Wild Part II is just the dawn of this legend to be. 4/4 stars

Brandon: Woah, that's a pretty great compliment, thanks.
Offline FiveT  
#17 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:42:13(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Jessica: I'll be the first in buying this! I love these previews. This is something I have to add into my best albums collection. ;)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:43:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

FiveT wrote:
Jessica: I'll be the first in buying this! I love these previews. This is something I have to add into my best albums collection. ;)

Brandon: Thank you, I wasn't really expecting this kind of reaction.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#19 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:50:09(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Daniel Antherstein: If you need a label or anything to distribute this, Halcyon Days is open to sign you.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 26 April 2011 04:53:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

DistortedAudio wrote:
Daniel Antherstein: If you need a label or anything to distribute this, Halcyon Days is open to sign you.

Brandon: Thanks man, I'm currently signed to Cosmic Records, I believe I'm the only act on the label, but my deal finishes after this album is released, so we could maybe figure something out after this album is released.