logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infinite135  
#101 Posted : 10 May 2011 09:52:01(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
OOC: Not sure if anybody's interested in reviewing 'Insomnia'. But if you are, THIS is the link to the album descriptions. It would be greatly appreciated if anybody wanted to! :)
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline DistortedAudio  
#102 Posted : 10 May 2011 09:54:05(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Originally Posted by: infinite135 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Not sure if anybody's interested in reviewing 'Insomnia'. But if you are, THIS is the link to the album descriptions. It would be greatly appreciated if anybody wanted to! :)

I might...I'm not making any promises but if I do, I'll be reviewing Still Waters first since Laurelles asked first.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline PANIC!  
#103 Posted : 10 May 2011 10:00:10(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
I believe I posted this way back when, but still if anyone wants to review 'Let a Man Be Lost' by Ryan Ross Hernandez, that would be awesome.

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=5939
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#104 Posted : 10 May 2011 10:54:16(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Someone can review Lilys album its on the album heat website.

Edited by user 10 May 2011 10:56:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#105 Posted : 10 May 2011 11:28:18(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: I'd love to see a review for the new Reported Failure album. http://www.therockstargame.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6817
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline C4AJoh  
#106 Posted : 10 May 2011 20:57:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
I am about halfway through the Brandon Caulfield review. I'll post it up when I finish in the morning.

Awesome, thanks man. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. :)
Offline genocidal king  
#107 Posted : 11 May 2011 09:36:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Brandon Caulfield - "Into The Wild - Part II"

UserPostedImage

Review by Chaos Mag Online

Isn’t it weird how one word can change the course of a man’s career? Last week, Brandon Caulfield only really had to impress the general alt/rock and country scene (as well as the growing legion of his own fans of course). However, his simple “yes” to becoming frontman of legendary rock band the Bards, will see the follow up to “Into The Wild Part I” go under the microscope of intense scrutiny from all corners of the industry.

Thankfully, “…Part II” is a sublime record, which will instantly allay any fears Bards fans may have about this relative newcomer fronting their favourites for years to come.
From the moody, dark opening of “Patience and Grace”, an ode to his far distant wife, it’s sultry guitar work leading on beautifully from where the previous album left off, to the moment a lone piano laments the loss of Brandon’s close friend Isabel in “A Whiskey and a Smile (Hides My Sorrow for a While)”, the listener is invited to enter into the very emotions of this deep and meaningful artist. And what a journey it takes us on.

Throughout the album, we migrate from Caulfield missing his wife, to the tribulations of young (and sometimes ill advised) love, through loneliness, sadness and even the politics of war (“Fighting for a System Built to Fail”). The brilliance of it all though, is that he somehow makes sure that even with such a range of topics, it never feels contrived.

By now, we have come to expect the dulcet tones and acoustic guitar that have become Caulfield signatures, so it comes as a pleasant surprise to hear the man break out a couple of rockier tunes later on in the album. A personal highlight comes in the form of penultimate track “What Side are you on?”, in which Caulfield lets loose with electric guitar (surely a collectors item moment) and speaks through pure volume rather than intricate words for once. The song is raw, it has energy and a punch, and above all, is fun. And what better way to show Bards fans that he can, without doubt, be the front man they want to see. Right?

That’s not to say that the tried and tested method is one that Caulfield should shy away from though. It is his unique ability to place a quiet ease over his listeners which makes Brandon a stand out in an industry where too many are happy to churn out generic song after song. In fact, in “If I Said I Loved You Would You Hold it Against Me” he even manages to turn the cheesy lyrics of what could have been yet another pop song into a potential ballad for the ages.

All in all, this album is one with the capacity to shape a career. Whilst “…Part I” showed what Brandon Caulfield could do, “…Part II” shows, more importantly, who Brandon Caulfield IS. This cacophony of emotion and truth will be one which becomes a mainstay in your CD collection for many years to come.

In the future, it would be wonderful to hear what he can do if he really let go and just went all out with his raw emotion such as in his rockier efforts here. But that’s another tale, for another album, and another age of Brandon Caulfield. For now, who can complain about this album? Not me.

9.5/10

OOC: Brilliantly written song descriptions man. Really in depth. I don't know if you wanted the review a lot longer or not, but 500 words is the standard, so I worked to that.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 11/05/2011(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#108 Posted : 11 May 2011 21:27:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Brandon Caulfield - "Into The Wild - Part II"

UserPostedImage

Review by Chaos Mag Online

Isn’t it weird how one word can change the course of a man’s career? Last week, Brandon Caulfield only really had to impress the general alt/rock and country scene (as well as the growing legion of his own fans of course). However, his simple “yes” to becoming frontman of legendary rock band the Bards, will see the follow up to “Into The Wild Part I” go under the microscope of intense scrutiny from all corners of the industry.

Thankfully, “…Part II” is a sublime record, which will instantly allay any fears Bards fans may have about this relative newcomer fronting their favourites for years to come.
From the moody, dark opening of “Patience and Grace”, an ode to his far distant wife, it’s sultry guitar work leading on beautifully from where the previous album left off, to the moment a lone piano laments the loss of Brandon’s close friend Isabel in “A Whiskey and a Smile (Hides My Sorrow for a While)”, the listener is invited to enter into the very emotions of this deep and meaningful artist. And what a journey it takes us on.

Throughout the album, we migrate from Caulfield missing his wife, to the tribulations of young (and sometimes ill advised) love, through loneliness, sadness and even the politics of war (“Fighting for a System Built to Fail”). The brilliance of it all though, is that he somehow makes sure that even with such a range of topics, it never feels contrived.

By now, we have come to expect the dulcet tones and acoustic guitar that have become Caulfield signatures, so it comes as a pleasant surprise to hear the man break out a couple of rockier tunes later on in the album. A personal highlight comes in the form of penultimate track “What Side are you on?”, in which Caulfield lets loose with electric guitar (surely a collectors item moment) and speaks through pure volume rather than intricate words for once. The song is raw, it has energy and a punch, and above all, is fun. And what better way to show Bards fans that he can, without doubt, be the front man they want to see. Right?

That’s not to say that the tried and tested method is one that Caulfield should shy away from though. It is his unique ability to place a quiet ease over his listeners which makes Brandon a stand out in an industry where too many are happy to churn out generic song after song. In fact, in “If I Said I Loved You Would You Hold it Against Me” he even manages to turn the cheesy lyrics of what could have been yet another pop song into a potential ballad for the ages.

All in all, this album is one with the capacity to shape a career. Whilst “…Part I” showed what Brandon Caulfield could do, “…Part II” shows, more importantly, who Brandon Caulfield IS. This cacophony of emotion and truth will be one which becomes a mainstay in your CD collection for many years to come.

In the future, it would be wonderful to hear what he can do if he really let go and just went all out with his raw emotion such as in his rockier efforts here. But that’s another tale, for another album, and another age of Brandon Caulfield. For now, who can complain about this album? Not me.

9.5/10

OOC: Brilliantly written song descriptions man. Really in depth. I don't know if you wanted the review a lot longer or not, but 500 words is the standard, so I worked to that.

OOC: That's great stuff. Thanks :)
#109 Posted : 29 May 2011 13:41:59(UTC)

OOC: I had a feeling that this was being forgotten (And I wanted my album reviewed) so I dug it out from pages of the forums.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#110 Posted : 29 May 2011 21:57:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;120688]OOC: I had a feeling that this was being forgotten (And I wanted my album reviewed) so I dug it out from pages of the forums.

OOC: Me too! :O
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

#111 Posted : 30 May 2011 02:44:54(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;120688]OOC: I had a feeling that this was being forgotten (And I wanted my album reviewed) so I dug it out from pages of the forums.

OOC: Me too! :O

OOC: I reviewed Lily's album for the next Max-Volume magazine. You'll be able to see it as soon as I get off my ass and finish the cover story.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#112 Posted : 30 May 2011 03:04:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Lol really? Thanks :) I would review yours but im not really good at it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#113 Posted : 12 June 2011 22:27:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Could someone review Riot!'s debut album, there's lyrics to all of the songs so it should be fairly easy I guess, Here's the link to the album's official website: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7235
Offline ang3licd3vil  
#114 Posted : 12 June 2011 23:35:12(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
if anyone fancies a bash at Mykaylah - the revenge http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7082
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

Offline BrownSugar  
#115 Posted : 12 June 2011 23:37:40(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ang3licd3vil Go to Quoted Post
if anyone fancies a bash at Mykaylah - the revenge http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7082

I'll review it :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline C4AJoh  
#116 Posted : 12 June 2011 23:48:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Since I don't have any real plans for Jake Wilson yet, I'm gonna make him start reviewing again. If no one decides to review Riot!'s album then I'll just have Jake review it and then after that I'll have him review other people's albums. If you are interested in reviewing Riot!'s album then let me know. Thanks.

Edited by user 12 June 2011 23:50:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BrownSugar  
#117 Posted : 12 June 2011 23:50:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Since I don't have any real plans for Jake Wilson yet, I'm gonna make him start reviewing again. If no one decides to review Riot!'s album then I'll just have Jake review it and then after that I'll have him review other people's albums. If you are interested in reviewing Riot!'s album then let me know. Thanks.

I'll review Riot!'s later. I'm going to start reviewing more stuff :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 12/06/2011(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#118 Posted : 12 June 2011 23:51:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post

I'll review Riot!'s later. I'm going to start reviewing more stuff :)

Awesome thanks, I'll repay the favour sometime. :)
Offline ang3licd3vil  
#119 Posted : 13 June 2011 00:06:21(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ang3licd3vil Go to Quoted Post

I'll review it :)

Thanks ;-)
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

Offline C4AJoh  
#120 Posted : 02 July 2011 19:27:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

"I have a little bit of free time now so I'll be once more reviewing things, preferably rock or pop albums would be best, I don't really understand rap/hip-hop you know, what with me being a white suburban dude. Soooo if anyone is interested in having something reviewed by this very god-like creature then just let me know (OOC: Reply here or PM) Thanks."
- Jake Wilson

OOC: Also does anyone wanna attempt a review at Riot!'s debut album, all lyrics can be found here : http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7235