logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#61 Posted : 14 September 2011 08:35:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

That's true. That's why a lot of people move to Florida, to vote. No Visa/Green Card needed however.

This is true. All you need is a passport.

@McKenzie: Washington itself is pretty awesome, only bad part is its on the West Coast.

You don't need a passport if you are a US citizen. Puertoricans are US citizens.
User is suspended until 26/07/3311 08:41:50(UTC) CallMeTeachXD  
#62 Posted : 14 September 2011 08:46:54(UTC)
CallMeTeachXD

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I just think it's sad that so many innocent people have died during that day. Moms, Dads, Sister, brothers and more all died. I could not imagine how much pain people went through. It makes me so sad and almost makes me feel like crying! I mean, imagine if your mother or father died and you wish you could have at least told them "Goodbye" before they died. It's so sad how there are always war, fighting, and killing going on. This world needs peace and love. Not hatred. It's just so sad.
My Acts

Kato
lol
(Writing & Recording)

Sonye
(Writing & Recording)

Gabe
(Finalizing Album/Preparing for tour)

21st Century
(Practicing Skils/Writing)
Offline Mt. Epic  
#63 Posted : 14 September 2011 11:09:11(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post
2,996 people died on 11/9 including the hijackers, including 372 forign workers.
America's reaction to 11/9 in the middle east has so far killed around about 753,399 men, women and children.

thats 251 people for every victim of 11/9..... and counting.

oh and i used a low body count and not the high one...

THANK! YOU!

You see? this is why the whole reason for going into Afghanistan/Iraq is stupid. Going in to kill nearly millions of people for the sake of a couple thousands at home, and one block in Manhattan to come into ashes. Just adds on to my reasons why 9/11 was either an inside job or extreme luck for the Bush Administration.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline forkboy  
#64 Posted : 14 September 2011 14:18:26(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Thats a crazy stat i wasn't aware off.

Even at that, we can't just pack up and leave there. We are not at peace with Al-Qaeda which will result in more attacks. Unfortunately that's the way it is. Until some sort of agreement is arranged there will always be a battle going on there. Much like the IRA ceasefire agreement.

Agreed and people outside the US are ignorant to not see that. And It's just how it is.

That is in a nutshell utter bollocks. The United Kingdom has been the victim of more terrorist attacks on its territory than America has. In 1984 the IRA blew up a hotel our then Prime Minister was in, destroying the bathroom of her hotel room but leaving her unharmed. They still managed to kill 5 people. In 1979 the IRA assassinated Lord Mountbatten, uncle of the Duke of Edinburgh, consort of the Queen. The British are far from ignorant about the threat of terrorism, in fact we are far more aware of both the effects of terrorism & both tactics which failed & those which worked & brought the IRA to a cease-fire & ultimately disarmament.

Draconian tactics against Republicans in Ireland ultimately failed. But that's neither here nor there on this topic. Iraq had the square root of fuck all to do with Al Qaeda. Saddam Hussein was loathed by Bin Laden. Now Al Qaeda are firmly established in Iraq & waging their Jihad against the Shi'ite majority along with those who are trying to establish some sort of vaguely stable democracy. The west fucked up in Iraq. Saddam Hussein was a shit of a human being but far more civilians have died post the Western invasion (& notice how I'm saying Western & not US? Because this isn't about petty nationalism. My country waded in without thinking too, as America's wee lapdog. So did plenty others) than would have if we left him in place. Hundreds of thousands of innocents just trying to get by in life. Invading Iraq for no reason has also increased anti-American/Western sentiment (& so increased support for Al Qaeda) in various other Islamic nations like Yemen, Saudi Arabia & currently Pakistan is spiralling into chaos. The post 11/9 reaction has been nothing short of a clusterfuck.

And even if you accept that going into Afghanistan on the basis that the Afgahni government weren't willing to hand over the perpetrators of the atrocities (well in fairness, you didn't have an extradition treaty with them, you didn't even recognise them as the legitimate government of Afghanistan!) you can't deny the mission has been a mess. From the off the American military forces were poorly equiped & lacked the appropriate training in a campaign that would involve winning support from local people who are fiercley independent & essentially tribal in nature: winning hearts & minds as they call it.
#65 Posted : 14 September 2011 19:34:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

@forkboy I'm not afraid to admit that I was a bit off wit the "Ignorant" comment. But I said it to prove a point. Which you probably don't get. With the whole "I Love Being an American" thing as well. It proved it too.

Edited by user 14 September 2011 19:38:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#66 Posted : 15 September 2011 02:51:17(UTC)
forkboy

What on earth was the point?

And on top of that, what is the point of being proud of where your parents decided to bring you up? Be proud of something you actually did, reflecting in other peoples glory is just odd.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#67 Posted : 15 September 2011 09:52:39(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
So I'm gonna actually answer the question of the thread with a simple response; Yes.

See how easy that was?
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline forkboy  
#68 Posted : 15 September 2011 10:42:20(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
So I'm gonna actually answer the question of the thread with a simple response; Yes.

See how easy that was?

Well see, this is called the "Serious Debate" forum. "Debating is a formal method of interactive and representational argument." In essence, you add nothing to a debate if you state yes or no without some reasoning behind that yes or no.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#69 Posted : 15 September 2011 10:43:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post

See how easy that was?

Well see, this is called the "Serious Debate" forum. "Debating is a formal method of interactive and representational argument." In essence, you add nothing to a debate if you state yes or no without some reasoning behind that yes or no.

Actually if you look on the posts before, I've already stated my reasoning. It's always good to look before typing.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline genocidal king  
#70 Posted : 15 September 2011 10:55:15(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)

See how easy that was?

Not strictly true. You could, if you were arguing "for" the motion, "Can a debate be settled with a single word response?"
UserPostedImage
#71 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:04:36(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post

See how easy that was?

Not strictly true. You could, if you were arguing "for" the motion, "Can a debate be settled with a single word response?"

No.
Offline genocidal king  
#72 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:06:12(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

See how easy that was?

No.

Then you lose. If the answer is no, then you must elaborate. By merely answering no, you have actually agreed to the motion, and thusly, have answered yes. Your no was a yes.
UserPostedImage
#73 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:10:36(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

See how easy that was?

No.

Then you lose. If the answer is no, then you must elaborate. By merely answering no, you have actually agreed to the motion, and thusly, have answered yes. Your no was a yes.

My response, wasn't part of the debate of this topic, which is "11/9, could it have been prevented?". Which means you're wrong, which means I'm right. Which means you're wrong. Which means I'm right. Which means you're wrong. Which means I'm right.

Which means, I'm off to eat a banana. Because I'm a fucking winner.

Edited by user 15 September 2011 11:11:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline genocidal king  
#74 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:13:18(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Then why the shite did you quote me?
UserPostedImage
#75 Posted : 15 September 2011 11:14:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Then why the shite did you quote me?

I was answering your question.
Offline forkboy  
#76 Posted : 15 September 2011 13:28:09(UTC)
forkboy

Actually if you look on the posts before, I've already stated my reasoning. It's always good to look before typing.

Brick wall Was pointing out that your "see how easy that was" line was pointless & added nothing to the discussion, that's all. Nobody cares what your opinion is. But they might if you can justify it well enough. Also, yes you did take part in the thread previously. Lets recap what you said.

Post 1, the general jist was I agree with Raph. Raph saying "I don't blame the families of people who died for being sad on a time like that, but do they have to talk about it and make countless of mentions and specials on TV and everywhere else?".
Post 2, "We got attacked. Were we supposed to sit back and not do anything?" You then basically stated that discussion about it was pointless because it happened. Which is a daft position to take in an internet discussion but OK. Also some odd mention about how war was coming anyway? Which...I have no idea where you get the idea that NATO was planning on toppling the Taliban. Speechless.
Post 3, "How we chose to remember that day is our business." An odd contradiction with Post 1s general "get over it" vibe.
Post 4, "So I'm gonna actually answer the question of the thread with a simple response; Yes."
Post 5, The post that I've quoted above.

Now, after reading all that, it proves that actually no, you have not stated your reasoning for WHY you think 11/9/01 could have been prevented. Now I'm not trying to discourage you from entering these discussions, the more the merrier, but if you are going to accuse someone as anal of me as having not read the thread in its entirity (how I browse is thus. Read a thread. Decide to comment or not. Next time I come on I read on from where I last read. So yes, I may forget something that was said 2 or 3 days ago, though I didn't in this instance. But I have read everything that was written in this thread & most threads in the Serious Debate forum, whether I have contributed to them or not) then you probably need to make sure your accusation is on the money. And like I said, extrapolate on your point, on why you came to that conclusion.

And GK, while technically you'd be right, I can't imagine that being the most interesting debate of all time. :P Certainly not one that would pass for "serious" debate in my book either!

Edited by user 15 September 2011 13:41:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified