logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#61 Posted : 31 May 2012 08:16:01(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Raphaela Go to Quoted Post
Alright then, I'm up for it!

Ace! You need to download this wee file & have a read of it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v8mc9o
Offline DistortedAudio  
#62 Posted : 31 May 2012 09:05:44(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
I choose Karl.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
forkboy on 01/06/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#63 Posted : 31 May 2012 19:10:23(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
I choose Karl.

I don't know what I love more, Spider Jerusalem in your signature or the fact you've picked a character. Awesome!
Offline forkboy  
#64 Posted : 03 June 2012 00:41:17(UTC)
forkboy

Alright, so far DA has said he'll play as Karl Rivers, Raphaela has said she'll go as Andrea Taggart, Rince has confirmed he'll unable to play & Mckenzie has said he's still to decide who he'll play as. So that leaves AJ, GK & Gildy to still confirm if they are game for playing & if so as who. Would be useful to get some idea fellas.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#65 Posted : 03 June 2012 01:26:00(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I'll play Jack Dean.
retired x
Offline forkboy  
#66 Posted : 04 June 2012 01:45:35(UTC)
forkboy

We'll we've got some interest so I don't neccessarily want to say there will be no game but at the same time, bit disappointed at the people who showed interest initially & then couldn't be bothering replying to a PM.

Kind of hasn't left us very much time to get things going.

Think it's safe to say that this will have to be postponed a week, if it'll ever actually happen. Sorry to the folks who actually showed some interest.

Edited by user 04 June 2012 02:28:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gildermershina  
#67 Posted : 04 June 2012 04:12:33(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I apologise for my lack of a response, I have been slightly busier recently than expected. I downloaded the PDF and haven't had the chance to read it, which I was planning to do before responding, and then lo and behold it's suddenly Sunday night.

I will try to get that done tonight though, I swear. Working and planning for my emigration at the same time turns out to be a bit of a literal headache, so I spent most of today sleeping to escape said headache.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#68 Posted : 06 June 2012 22:03:18(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Sorry! I got your message and intended to reply but didn't get round to it. Brick wall

I don't think I'll be involved this time, I'll see how it goes with you lot but massively busy recently and I don't want to promise anything I can't guarantee.
Offline forkboy  
#69 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:26:56(UTC)
forkboy

So on balance we can probably call this dead then I think?

I mean if someone else wants to take over trying to get a game off the ground then shite, feel free. I can't say I particularly enjoy the part where I must seem to constantly nag everyone to see if they are still interested, if they've decided on their characters & whatever else. So if someone else wants to fill into that breech they are welcome. I'd still want to play, but I don't think organisation has ever been one of my strong points. Can still be DM if you want, or will just be a player. But that relies on someone else stepping up. Which won't happen & I can't blame anyone.
Offline forkboy  
#70 Posted : 16 June 2012 03:37:15(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post

I mean if someone else wants to take over trying to get a game off the ground then shite, feel free. I can't say I particularly enjoy the part where I must seem to constantly nag everyone to see if they are still interested, if they've decided on their characters & whatever else. So if someone else wants to fill into that breech they are welcome. I'd still want to play, but I don't think organisation has ever been one of my strong points. Can still be DM if you want, or will just be a player. But that relies on someone else stepping up. Which won't happen & I can't blame anyone.

Yes Cameron, we really liked the idea on paper but as soon as we realised it would need a modicum of effort on our behalf we've sort of given up. So we can call it dead.

Snark aside, is there any thing I can do that would revive interest? A different game? Rather than one specific time where we meet up & play it could be a Play By Post game, where you just post your interactions as you get a chance to, obviously the pace would probably be a bit slower as people get busy & all (quite understandably) but it gives more flexibility to people wanting to play. Do you just not fancy the free scenario? Or the game itself? I mean the main reason I wanted to try one of the free scenarios is I've never done anything like this & certainly not in the GM position so I'm really not confident in my own abilities for putting together an interesting game myself. But if people want to do that, create their own characters, come up with a reason why they are all going in a group together then OK.

Really, all I'm looking for is for someone to just say "fucking give it up", at least acknowledging that they are a flake rather than just ignoring the thread as I did actually put several hours into trying to work this nonsense out & I'm a little disappointed that I seeem to be the only that gave a shite. But ho hum, we live & learn.
thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 16/06/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#71 Posted : 16 June 2012 07:53:49(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

I've got an idea. How about we forget the Hunter and so on, and create our own universe, and do something like an interactive RP thing. To keep the Tabletop effect we could develop a dice roll system for playing.

I'll use Dwarf Fortress to create a world, maybe export and post the map, and if people are interested then we can move to the next step. I think we should plan out accordingly first, as I think everyone would like creating a sprawling fantasy world together.

Just my two cents.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Rincewind  
#72 Posted : 16 June 2012 08:45:01(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)

Yes Cameron, we really liked the idea on paper but as soon as we realised it would need a modicum of effort on our behalf we've sort of given up. So we can call it dead.

Snark aside, is there any thing I can do that would revive interest? A different game? Rather than one specific time where we meet up & play it could be a Play By Post game, where you just post your interactions as you get a chance to, obviously the pace would probably be a bit slower as people get busy & all (quite understandably) but it gives more flexibility to people wanting to play. Do you just not fancy the free scenario? Or the game itself? I mean the main reason I wanted to try one of the free scenarios is I've never done anything like this & certainly not in the GM position so I'm really not confident in my own abilities for putting together an interesting game myself. But if people want to do that, create their own characters, come up with a reason why they are all going in a group together then OK.

Really, all I'm looking for is for someone to just say "fucking give it up", at least acknowledging that they are a flake rather than just ignoring the thread as I did actually put several hours into trying to work this nonsense out & I'm a little disappointed that I seeem to be the only that gave a shite. But ho hum, we live & learn.

as i said... i would love to play, but the hours when i can do not match with anyone else! if it it post to play then i can be more flexible and deff would love to join in.... If its not feasable though, then its not..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Raphaela  
#73 Posted : 17 June 2012 01:41:15(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I want to play too! I thought when I read it that it was already over and nothing could be done about it, so I didn't reply anything. Forgive a fellow stoner.
It's even better if it can be play by post.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#74 Posted : 17 June 2012 10:20:47(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

So creating our own folklore and doing a PBP?
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Rincewind  
#75 Posted : 18 June 2012 06:31:49(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
fuck yeah
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline DistortedAudio  
#76 Posted : 19 June 2012 08:38:35(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Well, I guess the first thing we need to figure out is:

Modern
Futuristic
Dark Age

When it comes to settings.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Raphaela  
#77 Posted : 19 June 2012 13:30:32(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Modern!
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline forkboy  
#78 Posted : 22 June 2012 23:36:30(UTC)
forkboy

I've got an idea. How about we forget the Hunter and so on, and create our own universe, and do something like an interactive RP thing. To keep the Tabletop effect we could develop a dice roll system for playing.

I'll use Dwarf Fortress to create a world, maybe export and post the map, and if people are interested then we can move to the next step. I think we should plan out accordingly first, as I think everyone would like creating a sprawling fantasy world together.

Just my two cents.

Pass

I should elaborate: I want to play a game with an established ruleset which is known & proven to work. Basically.

Edited by user 23 June 2012 00:56:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline DistortedAudio  
#79 Posted : 23 June 2012 05:28:59(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Hmm. Well that's going to be harder then, because most of those rulesets do cost money to purchase. I feel like developing our own ruleset would be way easier (and cheaper).
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#80 Posted : 23 June 2012 08:02:16(UTC)
forkboy

Hmm. Well that's going to be harder then, because most of those rulesets do cost money to purchase. I feel like developing our own ruleset would be way easier (and cheaper).

It'd be cheaper (but for cough cough sputter torrent cough piracy is evil ahem hem) for sure but easier? Nah. Things like the WOD ruleset, D&D, Paranoia, Pathfinder or whatever other system you can name have been playtested, balanced, for years. They have everything laid out for you. It's definitely going to be harder to do your own ruleset. Especially when none of us have played one of these before & so don't actually know what makes for a good system.