logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 03 August 2012 13:46:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Two young, beautiful women have taken on the fashion world by storm with the opening of their stores worldwide! Just a few months shy of their 5 year anniversary of being in business, the girls at BC Style show no signs of slowing down. After earning millions with only one store open, the two decided to expand and place stores in some of the major cities around the globe. Now that their business is better than ever, they are getting more and more known in the music world also. The two of them sit down with Vogue magazine to discuss their partnership and their personal lives. The two stylists are ready to take on the world and this interview by storm.

Eva Mendez

UserPostedImage

Eva Mendez: Hi ladies! Thank you for joining me, how are you?

Veronica: Hey! Thanks for having us, I'm doing great!

Ansley: Doing amazing, you?

Eva Mendez: I'm doing wonderful, thank you! Alright now let's get down to business. You two have been making a name for yourselves for almost 5 years now, how does it feel to have gone so world wide?

Ansley: It's really amazing, we've been dreaming of doing this for so long and for it to actually happen is just really awesome. I never dreamed we'd be so big and such an international type of business but we were lucky we met the right people and we were really smart.

Veronica: It's a dream come true. We both love fashion and we've always wanted to run a business together, like just a little shop on the corner but for it to turn out to be like this huge is just phenomenal.

Eva Mendez: So how did you two meet?

Veronica: We met back while during a fashion show, funny enough, and we instantly hit it off very well. She was as passionate about fashion as I was and we clicked easily. I love her like a sister and to be able to do something like this with someone you know and trust is a big blessing for the both of us.

Eva Mendez: That's great to hear, I love the bond you two have! What made you two want to start BC Style?

Ansley: It really came down to how we saw fashion. We wanted to have our own place where we could be creative and sell clothes based on how we think you know? Me and Veronica both studied fashion and we basically have our own business in it. We sketch all of our own clothes, we send them to be made and then we sell them, it's a win-win relationship. We basically wear almost everything that we sell in the store which is really fun (Laughs).

Eva Mendez: Sounds like a dream for all fashionistas! So how did you two go about chasing this dream?

Veronica: My parents were more than happy to help fund our business so they gave me a loan which we then used to buy a place, fabric, all that stuff and we worked really hard to make it a big name. We started off by going to fashion shows and trying to get our name out there. We eventually started to work with some people for their weddings and proms, then we soon started to work for indie bands and music artists. It came to the point where we were working for people like Shakira and Jennifer Lopez, like it was so crazy but we enjoyed it because it's what we love doing.

Eva Mendez: That sounds amazing. Did you guys find a lot of struggles along the way?

Ansley: Well at first I had a problem with it interfering with my school schedule since I'm still in college. I was like staying out all night for shows and stuff then I'd be like a zombie in class and it was even harder for me to maintain my high grades I normally got so we definitely had to compromise there. Thankfully, me and my advisers came to an understanding where we worked out a schedule for me.

Veronica: And when I would be doing my modeling, it would also be hard for me to not die during a photoshoot! (Laughs) But I managed to and it's been working out great now that we've found sort of a balance for both our careers.

Eva Mendez: Now there was talk about you guys working with Lilly from Electrodeath on her new clothing line, can you tell us a little about that?

Veronica: Yeah, we talked to her a couple of times and we talked about her possibly doing her own clothing line, she had an interest in fashion. She wanted some help with it and we offered to distribute and give her a hand if needed so we just got the idea to work together and it happened. She's really nice and sweet so it was no problem working with her. The line is really gorgeous and I'm really impressed with her sense of fashion. It was really fun working with her and I can't wait for the final arrangements.

Eva Mendez: Now there's also a deal between you guys and Isabel?

Ansley: Yes, she agreed to also distribute her clothes in our store. We've seen the final product and her clothes are so amazing and unique. She was also really fun and sweet to work with, so we're lucky we've made such fans with celebrities where they would feel they could sell their clothes in our stores. It makes us feel like we're doing great things and we're one of the stores that people feel the need to notice. (Smiles) It's great for us.

Eva Mendez: How did you two decide to make it a clothing store?

Veronica: Well, as we said before, it was easy because we both love fashion so much. We wanted to have our own store where we could make something people, all people, could buy and enjoy. We're different from other stores in that we have things here for celebrities and regular people at different costs and we really work with you to find a look. We're a hands on kind of business and we like to interact with our customers. It's a store for all ages, all genders, and all social classes. We just want to share our niche with everyone.

UserPostedImage

Eva Mendez: Sounds lovely girls! Now let's get into some personal talk. With all the work, do you two girls make time for your own personal ventures?

Ansley: Oh, wow (Laughs) God, I can't even remember the last time I went out on a date or anything. Me and Veronica definitely make time for ourselves and our friends but we sort of have put our career ahead of dating. I think it's more important we establish ourselves rather than trying to find love right now. I mean, we occasionally date and stuff but it's not the center or our main focus. We just love to have a good time.

Veronica: Yeah, I feel dating is just natural but I'm not trying to find my soul mate or anything. I think that will distract me from my work and I'll lose focus and everything I've worked for. I am dating right now though so, yeah (Laughs).

Eva Mendez: Do you guys have any celebrity crushes? Any guys you could see yourself dating or want to date?

Veronica: Trying to catch us on the spot huh? (Laughs) I, do have the typical girl crush on Channing Tatum. He's just, so hot and he seems sweet. I've never met him though but I'd love to. I really have this thing for Ryan Phillipe. He's just so amazingly hot and gorgeous.

Ansley: I think, I know this is probably predictable, but I think the Weekend boys are cute. I really think Scott is the cutest to me (Laughs) I'm blushing now. Umm, probably embarrassing myself so why not just go for it? I also like Justin from ELMNT. I met him once and he was really sweet and nice to me. I have many more but we'd be here forever if I talked about them (Smiles)

Eva Mendez: So it's safe to say that you girls are single then?

Veronica: Yes, I'm very much single right now but I'm sort of seeing someone.

Ansley: I am also single and, it's complicated I guess? (Laughs)

Eva Mendez: Niiice, those are some hot guys there! So Veronica, you've been recently in some drama on Twitter involving you and your friend Rory. Did you guys ever date or anything?

Veronica: As I said before, no. Me and Rory have always just been friends and nothing more. He was dating Suzie and I don't condone cheating at all so I would never do that. We never hooked up or anything, all we've ever done was talk. The petty arguments with another person were just completely unnecessary and I feel like they should have never happened. I'm really trying to just get over the whole situation and focus on work and stuff.

Eva Mendez: Right, that's understandable, of course. So let's move on to Miss Ansley. It's no secret that you have a second job working for one of the top label owners in the business. Could you tell us a little more about it?

Ansley: Yes, it's a real great job. I am basically her assistant and babysitter. She has the cutest kids ever and she's really nice to me. Sometimes she can be a little stressed and demanding but it's the perks of working for someone as busy as she is. I love working with her and Studio60 because it's like a home there, it feels like a family. I was welcomed with open arms and I feel lucky to have this chance. I love music so to get to work so closely around it is a dream come true.

UserPostedImage

Eva Mendez: Now that leads me to my next question for you Ansley, will you be dabbling into the world of music or just staying in the background?

Ansley: I would love to dabble in it but for now I'm staying in the shadows. I love to sing so I'm hoping maybe one day I can record my very first single and see where it goes from there.

Eva Mendez: You can sing, you're beautiful, and you're fashionable. Definitely a triple threat! (Laughs) So do you guys have any type of favorite genre?

Veronica: I'm really into Pop and Hip Hop right now. I also love R&B because it just really speaks to you. I can listen to it and it can make me either feel depressed, happy, or want to punch someone in the face. I really love it.

Ansley: I think I'm more or a Rock and Country kind of girl. I love all kinds of music really and I love Pop music too because it's really fun. There's just so many genres and so many different types of music, it's insane. I love music altogether.

Eva Mendez: Do you guys have any favorite artists?

Ansley: Hmm..I think right now one of my favorite artists would have to be Abie Lena. I love her music soo much! She has a great, unique voice also. It's like nothing I've ever heard and I get to actually work at the same label she's signed too, it's exciting! (Laughs)

Veronica: I'm not sure I have a favorite but I listen to a lot of Radio Vine and Lily. I think they are really different from other artists because they have this presence about them and they know how to speak with their music, not just make music but speak through it. I also like listening to Stephanie Fierce sometimes because she just has such boldness to her and I love when people aren't afraid to be themselves and speak their minds. My playlist will get larger by the looks of these new releases though (Laughs)

Eva Mendez: I love them all too. So do you guys have anymore future plans you haven't told us about?

UserPostedImage

Veronica: We are going to be working on a movie actually. I won't give away details because filming hasn't started yet but it's going to be a great one and it's a horror movie. Ansley and I are going to be two of the main characters along with someone very amazing, it's a secret too (Smiles) It's our first film and we're really excited so yeah.

Ansley: I think mostly it's going to be about the store and clothing lines for us this year. I'll be also working on the label too and Veronica will be working on her modeling career again so we're just gonna be trying to keep ourselves busy and happy for as long as we can (Smiles)

Eva Mendez: Well good luck to you both girls, you seem so wonderful and we hope you two will definitely strive in your career.

Ansley and Veronica: Thank you (Smiles)

So it's clear to see these two girls have good heads on their shoulders and are settling for nothing less than success. With another new boutique recently opening up in Milan, Ansley and Veronica have not only expanded their company but are also showing their capabilities to handle other challenges such as music, acting, and even controversy. The future looks bright and promising for these young girls but will they be able to stand out from others and not just be known as the girls who sell clothes? A gut feeling tells us these girls are nothing short than special and will become young moguls. BC Styling Company continues to grow as does their fame. Vogue magazine wishes them well in their future endeavors and we hope to be seeing their own fashion gracing the covers of this magazine soon.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 03/08/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/08/2012(UTC), deadserious on 03/08/2012(UTC), Moquel on 04/08/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 04/08/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#2 Posted : 03 August 2012 22:14:06(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Josh: You two seem very interesting and really nice. Admittedly, I can't tell who is Veronica and who is Ansley, but you're both beautiful and seem like you have got your priorities straight. Ansley, don't wait around to release your music, time goes by way to quick. There is never the perfect time. I suspect that this is only the beginning of both your careers!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2012 23:43:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Veronica: Nice lol. I'm the blonde.

Ansley: And I'm the other one :P I mean, I just don't wanna bombard myself with too much you know?
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2012 02:35:59(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)

RadioVine: I enjoyed this interview so much and you guys are going to have to style me real soon doll and Victoria, thank you for being an fan baby. I love you for that. Great interview and you girl look amazing. Be strong dolls.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 04 August 2012 02:46:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: I'll just pretend it says 'Veronica' lol..

Veronica: Thank you, doll haha :) Yes, we must. I'm still coming to the show too!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Moquel on 04/08/2012(UTC), Walton on 04/08/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 04 August 2012 06:05:15(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Adam Benjamin: Ahhhhhhh more pretty people! Not only that but you're both pretty people that have jobs that involve making other people pretty with your pretty clothes! Why can't you make ugly clothes for ugly people? There's too many pretty ones already, us ugly ducklings need companions too, you know? :( Ughh, you both seem like talented girls though, good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll both do great things!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 04 August 2012 06:21:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Veronica: We make clothes for everyone Adam :P I mean once ugly people shop here, they can become beautiful like the rest of us.

Ansley: Veronica, that sounded so mean! It's like you're calling all the shoppers ugly.

Veronica: No, not all, just some of them. But boy when they buy clothes from here and get makeovers, they are HOT. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage