logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 March 2013 22:00:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Recorded: February/March 2013 (San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California)
Released: 31st March, 2013
Length: 4:11
Genre: Electro-Pop, Emo
Label: Songs To Love And Die By
Writers: Maddie Urie
Producers: Maddie Urie

“Put On A Brave Face” is the debut single from the American electro-pop recording artist ‘Maddie Urie’ and will be taken as the lead single from her upcoming and as-yet-unfinished 2013 debut album. The track was written solely by Maddie Urie some time in December 2012 before the 19 year-old electro-pop musician signed her first ever solo recording contract with ‘Songs To Love And Die By’. The song was recorded throughout February and March 2013 at a small recording studio in Los Angeles, California along with a number of other songs. These songs were all recorded at a recording studio in the San Fernando Valley, approximately only a two minute walk from Maddie Urie’s home in California and the debut track will be released as a single to Airplay and as a Digital Download on 31st March, 2013 under the ‘Songs To Love And Die By’ record label.

This debut solo single is the first official release from Maddie since her previous brief attempts in the music industry back in 2010. Her previous effort at making a career in the music industry was as one-half of a bubble-gum pop duo called ‘Two Equals Three’, that band never really took off almost three years ago despite being part of the Warped Tour and playing alongside the likes of Infinite and Riot! In The Boulevard. But the duo weren’t ever really destined to become the next big thing and quickly decided to end things as Maddie recently stated, “It was never going to be an enjoyable experience for me. The music we were angled towards making was very innocent, we tried to record an album and were given three demo CD’s with almost forty songs on it and we were told to choose twelve songs that we liked. I was never comfortable with the thought of recording other people’s songs and after four weeks of trying to record my vocals the way that they wanted I finally decided that I didn’t want to do it anymore. I had my own stories to tell and I didn’t want to keep being told what songs to record and how I should sing them, so I quit.”

The song opens up with a quiet keyboard introduction and is quickly followed by the opening lines of the first verse of the song. The vocal delivery is sung in a breathy but quirky tone with a slight feeling of sadness and despair in the tone of Maddie’s voice as she delivers the lyrics like self-inflicted wounds. Throughout the majority of the song, the primary instrument is the keyboards, giving the song it’s space-age but tender backdrop that combine with her vocal extremely well. As the song progresses towards the final three verses, the introduction of a stronger sound can be heard alongside the keyboards as an electric guitar riff comes into the picture but it fades into the background as the final verse of the song arrives and the keyboard and vocal combination return to the forefront as Maddie sings “There’s nothing they can say/To change how I feel/God knows that they’ve tried/But I don’t think I’m destined to heal.” and with the final words of the song comes the fading of the keyboards as it ends.

LYRICS

“I wandered towards the edge
Of this blood-stained window ledge
I just stood there balancing
Teetering on the brink of self-destruction once again
Just like every other Friday night
Maybe if I fall
I won’t have to worry about feeling this way anymore
Maybe if I fall
I won’t ever have to worry at all

I put on a brave face
Smear my make-up like it’s war-paint
I dance and I smile
I drink for a little while
I take it all in
And pretend that it’s alright
I’m not looking for a couple hours of joy
Just want to make it through the night

Because if I don’t smile
If I don’t dance
Then I don’t stand a chance
Of making it out of this night alive
If I spend it at home
Drinking alone
I’ll escape to the rooftop
Jump just to feel my heart stop

And that would be okay
That’s what I’ve wanted every single day
Since everyone I loved went away
What difference does it make if I don’t make it through another day
There’s nothing they can say
To change how I feel
God knows that I’ve tried
But I don’t think I’m destined to heal

I’ll put on a brave face
Smear my make-up like it’s war-paint
I dance and I smile
I drink for a little while
And sure enough
This pain goes away
If only for an hour or two
But at least it’s enough to get me through

If I don’t smile
If I don’t dance
Then I don’t stand a chance
Of making it out of this night alive
And that would be okay
That’s what I’ve wanted every single day
Since everyone I loved all went away
What difference does it make if I don’t make it through another day
There’s nothing they can say
To change how I feel
God knows that they’ve tried
But I don’t think I’m destined to heal”

SOUNDS LIKE;
LIGHTS – HEAVY ROPE

Edited by user 23 August 2020 05:04:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Walton on 30/03/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/03/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/03/2013(UTC), erich hess on 01/04/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/04/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 02/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2013 02:29:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I'm jealous of your beauty Maddie :) And let's also add to the fact that you are super talented. I love listening to your beautiful voice and unique sound. I love the lyrics and just everything is amazing. It's wonderful to see you back!

OOC: Great job :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 31/03/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2013 08:10:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: I'm jealous of your beauty Maddie :) And let's also add to the fact that you are super talented. I love listening to your beautiful voice and unique sound. I love the lyrics and just everything is amazing. It's wonderful to see you back!

OOC: Great job :)

Maddie: Someone get this girl a mirror! haha, thanks Jennifer, that's like insanely kind of you to say, I'm really not all that talented though, I'm nothing special, I'm screwed up on the inside like the rest of em' haha. But thank you, I'm glad that you enjoy the track and hopefully there will be more in the future!

OOC: Thank you! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/03/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2013 11:00:56(UTC)
Walton

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Ellie-Grace: Hey Maddie :) I'm Ellie and I just heard this song and I think its fantastic! I don't recall listening to any Emo songs in a long time and to be honest, I never took favor in Emo songs but I think all of that will change soon with you hanging around. I really can't wait for that album to be finished because I'm eager to hear more songs by you. Best of luck Maddie! :)

OOC: Great job on this! These lyrics are really good and the the amount of hard work you put into each of your RPs are undeniable and remarkable! :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/04/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2013 04:00:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Ellie-Grace: Hey Maddie :) I'm Ellie and I just heard this song and I think its fantastic! I don't recall listening to any Emo songs in a long time and to be honest, I never took favor in Emo songs but I think all of that will change soon with you hanging around. I really can't wait for that album to be finished because I'm eager to hear more songs by you. Best of luck Maddie! :)

OOC: Great job on this! These lyrics are really good and the the amount of hard work you put into each of your RPs are undeniable and remarkable! :)

Maddie: Haaaiii Ellie, I know who you are! haha, thank you, that is very kind. Yeah, it just depends on what your view of what is and what is not Emo music, don't expect some crazy angry chick screaming into a microphone or anything. For me, it's just songs from the heart with a good sense of melody, but either way I hope you enjoy the music. :)

OOC: Thanks! I kinda felt like this was one of the RP's that I had put less effort into, glad it doesn't seem that way but I was totally lazy on this one, but thank you! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Walton on 02/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2013 05:51:28(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Laci: I support such unique and good music like this Maddie. I think this is great dear, your vocals. I think the chorus gets to me because it's so bittersweet and so smooth. I also love how this song tells an story.. and it gets you wondering what goes on in the life of Maddie. Good job on this one dear, don't let a couple setbacks control your long term. You are talented and beautiful. I hope this gets the attention it deserves and you as well dear. Respect to the fullness for not stopping what you love to do. Love.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/04/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 03 April 2013 02:34:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Laci: I support such unique and good music like this Maddie. I think this is great dear, your vocals. I think the chorus gets to me because it's so bittersweet and so smooth. I also love how this song tells an story.. and it gets you wondering what goes on in the life of Maddie. Good job on this one dear, don't let a couple setbacks control your long term. You are talented and beautiful. I hope this gets the attention it deserves and you as well dear. Respect to the fullness for not stopping what you love to do. Love.

Maddie: Wowzers! that is some pretty insane amounts of compliments right there. Thank you Laci, I'm glad that you enjoy the song so much, it means a whole lot to know that people are enjoying it in some way. Thanks again! :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 03 April 2013 02:38:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Really great record! Wow! I remember you from years ago, you've grown so much :) Loving everything about this, best of luck in all you do darling !

OOC: Nice work as always! Lyrics especially :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/04/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 03 April 2013 02:47:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Brittany: Really great record! Wow! I remember you from years ago, you've grown so much :) Loving everything about this, best of luck in all you do darling !

OOC: Nice work as always! Lyrics especially :P

Maddie: Aww, thank you Brittany. Not too many people remember me but it's cool that you do! Thank you for the kind words, it's greatly appreciated! :)

OOC: Thanks, glad you like it! :)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#10 Posted : 03 April 2013 08:26:38(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Songs To Love And Die By were right to sign you and I can see why. Your voice and lyrical talent is truly incredible. Never seen anything like it. You are indeed a Urie. :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/04/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 03 April 2013 20:22:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Songs To Love And Die By were right to sign you and I can see why. Your voice and lyrical talent is truly incredible. Never seen anything like it. You are indeed a Urie. :D

Maddie: Woaaaah, thank you Kourtney! that's some big praise for little old me! :) Meh, it's just a last name, it's not important lol