logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#21 Posted : 23 April 2013 03:46:09(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Looking For You - Julia's New Single

UserPostedImage

'Looking For You' is the sixth song written by Julia Volkova and Vin Peters for the number one album 'Haunted' and it was choosen to be the thrid official single of the album. The song will be released int wo different versions, one of them being the studio version of it which is featured on the album and the onther one being the live version of the song taken from Julia's upcoming HB0 speciall yet to be released.

The live version of the song will available in form of a mucis video, the performance will be released still in this week on Julia's official VEVO account and it wills erve as an anticipation for Julia's Staple center performance which was choosen for HBO to be premiered on USA summer on TV and also be released as a DVD.

The track keeps telling the story of Carly, the main charatcter of the album and if you want to check the story you can click here.

No music video will be done for this single once it will supported by the live performance of the song in the staple center. Julia is about yo kick off her USA summer tour, where she'll be traveling the whole country for a later European leg of the same tour yet to be revealed. so Stay tune for more info.

Lyrics

Who are you?
I smell your perfume in my sleep
Are you here to harm me?

Where are you
I can hear your voice in my mind
But I still recognize it

Trapped in this dream
I can’t find the exit
One more shot to wake up
But still I am stuck
Light my eyes then I see you
I’ve been looking for you
All my life

I’m alone
No one really cares with me so,
Do I must still have hope?

I’m all alone
Time is not my friend, I’m getting old
But I keep having hope

Trapped in this dream
I can’t find the exit
One more shot to wake up
But still I am stuck
All my life
All my life

Do you hear my heart calling you
Even It doesn’t know you
When I find you, will you love me just
The way I was

I still live the dream
I can't gave up from looking
While in my heart you live
Then I’ll be dreaming

Trapped in this dream
I can’t find the exit
One more shot to wake up
But still I am stuck
All my life

All my life
All my life

Technical Information

Recorded – December 2012, UK
Genre – Alternative Rock
Length – 2:46
Label – Chaos Records
Writer(s) – Vin Peters, Julia Volkova
Producer – Vin Peters, Julia Volkova

Sound and Writing

A song about looking someone that was already found but still the person is not available anymore and that loose sensation of being alone again comes to haunt someone’s pleasant dreams.
Sonically it's a chunky pop rock melody, thrashing guitars and oh-so smoky vocals, there's hooks, emotion, thought-provoking lyrics, all topped off with a monstrous chorus that brings plenty of teenaged angst to proceedings.
The song has an acoustic guitar riff start and it grows to a heavy rock chorus mixed with violins and Julia’s husky vocals, it comes back to a slow down melody when it comes to the second verse, but still is bigger than its start. It ends with a solo violin sound, some sort of a introduction to the next song on the album.
It’s not a change on the album’s sounding style so far, the sound of guitars and Julia’s vocal intonation are still the same from previous songs in the album, but now she’s singing more dramatically and it almost could turn into a ballad because of its violins and slow tempo drums sequence.

Sounds Like

Edited by user 23 April 2013 03:46:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/04/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/04/2013(UTC), C4AJoh on 24/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#22 Posted : 23 April 2013 04:19:29(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Such a perfect choice as your next single. I simply couldn't think of any song on the album being more fitting then this one. Well actually if it were up to me, they'd all be singles lol. Weird and crazy I know but I always say, you can never have too much Julia Volkova in your life. Anywhos, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the live version of this record. I'm sure as usual, you'll bring your best. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#23 Posted : 23 April 2013 22:08:34(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Such a perfect choice as your next single. I simply couldn't think of any song on the album being more fitting then this one. Well actually if it were up to me, they'd all be singles lol. Weird and crazy I know but I always say, you can never have too much Julia Volkova in your life. Anywhos, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the live version of this record. I'm sure as usual, you'll bring your best. :)

Julia: Thank you Kourtney, I'm glad you liked the choice, I totally understand you when you say that all songs must became singles, The hardest part of releasing an album is choose among the songs the most 'commercial' ones, I mean sometimes we just want to release all of them, but we need to go under the business 'rules' so we can keep working and living this life, again, thank you so much for the compliments ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline genocidal king  
#24 Posted : 23 April 2013 22:11:11(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Cassie: Julia is like the perfect anger management tool. If I'm pissed, I'm gonna just put on her music and breathe until I feel better. You get all my anger and emotion out for me lol. In saying that, this one is a little more laid back than some of the stuff you've done, but it still serves the purpose well. I really like this Julia.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#25 Posted : 23 April 2013 22:16:32(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: Julia is like the perfect anger management tool. If I'm pissed, I'm gonna just put on her music and breathe until I feel better. You get all my anger and emotion out for me lol. In saying that, this one is a little more laid back than some of the stuff you've done, but it still serves the purpose well. I really like this Julia.

Julia: Thank you Cassie, it's been a long time I haven't talked with you, 'Time is not our friend' LOL, we're getting old, but the Riot is still there inside of us. I'm glad my music helps you to slow down, I always loved you, specially your attitude ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline snap_itshannah  
#26 Posted : 24 April 2013 01:38:53(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vara: God damn, Julia, fuck me now. You are so damn sexy and talented. I can't even handle this right now. I listen to you music, and I just know that 1.) you're probably one of the sexiest women on Earth, and 2.) I picked the right woman to be my musical role model. I love you, baby!
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 24/04/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#27 Posted : 24 April 2013 03:15:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Amy: Another monster hit single right here! You've just gotten better and better everytime you release something new and I'm sure this is gonna be a massive year for you. This single rocks, it's like a dark freaky kinda love ... which as we all know is definitely the best type of love!

Adam: She's so hot! I think she'd probably break me though :(
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 24/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#28 Posted : 14 June 2013 03:51:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

She once tasted what is like to perform in a pop opera concert with her old girl group, but what we see in this new era of Julia Volkova’s career, is nothing but a hardcore rock concert. All the dance routines and the costumes change belongs to her past, now it’s all about attitude and stage presence, we fairly can say that Julia is one of the most successful crossovers in the industry. From electro pop to hard rock, she gained a whole new generation of fans and admirers. Her last album might not be the most remarkable one, maybe because of its implausible concept, but certainly it served to consecrate Julia as a rock star.

In this DVD you’ll understand why Julia deserves a spot as a rock star singer, she delivers an empowering performance. Her stage presence is something apart, I would fear to share the stage with her new attitude. She’s a bad girl, well she was always a bad girl, but now she has the riot inside her veins. Even In the most fragile and delicate moments of the concert she’s still frightening.

The show was shot by HBO, in a very special date at the Staple Center. Julia sung for over 22 thousands beloved fans. She performs all of her previous success plus the new songs, with a simple stage just to increase the pure nature of rock and roll, so the ‘garage’ feel is present in the arena, it’s like you are in a tinny club watching that punk roc band perform and you can go crazy and drink and smoke and do whatever you need to do to be wild, but in this case it all happened in one of the most famous arenas of the world.

If you have accompanied Julia’s recent releases and by that I mean her video, you know that she’s actually using a lot of blood on them. If you thought that all of that fake blood would stay on her videos, you were deadly wrong, she uses a variety of scenery effects while she’s performing, so there’s blood on her body, there’s fireworks and a big led screen which creates a new scenario for each song she performs, I guess these elements were brought from the times she was with that old girl group she once was.

There’s an acoustic set, and probably the most intimate moment in the whole concert, it is useful to get Julia’s closer to her fans. After all Julia is all about emotions and depressive lyrics, so whenever she was able to take her acoustic guitar or her harmonica and sit down to sing a sad song, she did, just to make her fans drop some tears. In the end all the song were done for people to feel them, and a lot of young girls and boys at the audience feel them vividly on their heart and eyes.

The big hits are there too and those are the most excited moments of the whole concert, but they’re separated in sort of segments, so the concert follows the storyline of a character she created for her last album, I’m talking about that vampire girls she choose to call Cassie. That’s not something we must pay attention, because the story is somehow superficial and boring, but the concert follows Carly as she develops her life as vampire, as she accepts her new life style, as she fails and struggles with her love life, as she commits suicide and finally her legacy.

The strongest segment of the concert is the first one, where Julia shows all her strength and energy with her heaviest songs, but also the struggle segment where Julia performs three of her most intimate songs is also reliable.

The DVD will be out next July 29th where Julia kicks off her summer tour on North America, where she plans to tour for almost two months as part of the promotion of her last album Haunted. With the DVD a special edition of her album which will feature three new songs will be released too, this will be a special release for people who’ll buy the DVD, it won’t be sold separately.

If you still enjoy rock, and you want to watch an old fashion rock performance with one of the most successful rock singer of nowadays, you can’t miss this DVD. Julia made a name for herself, no one remembers her as the brunette girl from that old pop group she was, everyone who wasn’t sure she would be able to change her image were fooled by her talent and skills, there’s no doubt she’s someone to become a rock legend and this DVD is just another step for her to conquer that achievement.

Technical

Director – Tom Krueger
Producers – Vin Petters, Julia Volkova
Executive producers – Julia Volkova
Show designer/director – Willie Williams, Tom Krueger
Release – OUT NOW
Genre – Alternative Rock, Folk, Indie Pop
Length: 120 min
Label: Chaos Records

Personnel

Julia Volkova — Vocals, Harmonica, Guitars
William Maccoy — Drums
David Maccoy— Guitar
Linda Fey— Piano
Laurence Heusen — Bass
Oliver Moretez – Percussion
Lia Torrez - Violin

Special Featuring

James Urie – Background footage

Technical

Director – Tom Krueger
Producers – Vin Petters, Julia Volkova
Executive producers – Julia Volkova
Show designer/director – Willie Williams, Tom Krueger

DVD Tracklisting

1- Haunted (Extended Intro)
2- Tonight I Gave Up
3- Rude
4- The Bite
5- Damned
6- Looking for you
7- What if…
8- How much I hate you
9- Excuses
10- Somethings we cannot deny
11- Change your fate
12- How I used to be
13- Sweet Decline
Encore
14- Abstinence (New Song)
15- Suicide
16- See you on the other side

Edited by user 03 August 2013 02:42:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 14/06/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#29 Posted : 14 June 2013 04:04:08(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Amy-Jayne - cant wait to by this DVD

Emerald Black - I can't wait to buy this so I can see your rock the stage !

Edited by user 14 June 2013 04:06:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/06/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 03 August 2013 03:31:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Recent News

Julia Volkova is currently touring the US with her ‘Haunted Summer Tour’ which kicked off last Monday on Dallas, so far she’s been performing the same concert she shot for the DVD released in the same day. The DVD can be purchased world widely on music stores and also on ITunes and it brings a brand new song called ‘Abstinence’ which can also be downloaded separately.

Julia had an amazing year so far, last July 28th she received two Goldie awards for best rock album and best rock artist due to her last efforts on music with her second studio album. Julia ends her cycle of promotion with her summer tour by the end of this month and as she renewed her contract with Chaos Records she is about to start to work on a third studio album right after the tour.

First days of tour are being great for Julia, almost all dates sold out only with a few remaining sits in the last four dates are available. After her last worldwide tour with Cristina Lake, Julia said by the beginning of this year that she would go on a short summer tour in support of her second album because she wanted to release more music often than waiting a whole year to work on an album, she find it hard to write music while she’s on the road.

Recently there was a gossip around the web regarding Julia’s renewing her contract with Chaos Records, to clarify everything; Julia was always negotiating with Chaos since she released her second album. There were no feud at all between her and Scott, they knew what they wanted to do with her career, it only took some time to announce because of the promotion for her last album was still going on, but Julia renewed her time with Chaos for another double album and a greatest Hits album too.

The new song specially written for the DVD can be downloaded as a single next week, but it won’t be released as airplay, because Julia is now working on new music and the last single of the album ‘Haunted’ was already a live version to promote the DVD. With that said now the ‘Haunted’ era is officially over, if you still want to catch Julia live, you can purchase the tickets for the last four dates of her summer tour. Check the dates bellow and also the streaming of the song.

Tour Dates

Song Stream

Sounds Like

Abstinence

I see you mess up, but it’s not a sin
Except when you make someone else bleed
I see you trapped in your private dream
And it scares me out ‘cause I can’t get in
It seems you’re leaving me behind
And I’m turning to realize
If you can’t come back
At least show me the exit
I might sound a bit crazy
But I’m sure when I say

I’m enjoying every moment
Before I end up being alone

Don’t dare try to have me back
I’m not an object, Don’t treat me like that
I was waiting here all these time
But you didn’t care

But you didn’t care

hummmmm

You’re always going and coming but that’s ok
This time I build up my fortress
And even it won’t protect me
I’ll stand on my feet
You try to seduce me with your sweet words
But I don’t think I’ll be for you good enough

I’m enjoying every second
Before it all turn to desperation

But you didn’t care

But you didn’t care

Just tonight I don’t want you anymore
Just tonight I’ll be away from you once more
I'm tired of weeping wounds that won't heal the pain is real
Someday I’ll be free from this abstinence

Written and Produced by: Julia Volkova, Lilly Stuart and Vin Peters
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 03/08/2013(UTC), kandii on 03/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#31 Posted : 03 August 2013 03:52:21(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING AMAZING? I think this is so good Julia, you just don't understand. I will be coming to see you on tour, I want to see this shit on stage, blow my mind baby.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 03/08/2013(UTC)
Offline NinoHR  
#32 Posted : 03 August 2013 06:36:31(UTC)
NinoHR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Nino Jackson: Julia is amazing artist, with her live performaces she realy gives energy to the crowd.

Edward Curtis III (Sonic Radio): Amazing, she is realy something you need to see live !
thanks 1 user thanked NinoHR for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 03/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#33 Posted : 03 August 2013 23:30:50(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Radio: WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING AMAZING? I think this is so good Julia, you just don't understand. I will be coming to see you on tour, I want to see this shit on stage, blow my mind baby.

Julia: You'll be so welcomed to watch me on tour Radio!

Originally Posted by: NinoHR Go to Quoted Post
Nino Jackson: Julia is amazing artist, with her live performaces she realy gives energy to the crowd.

Edward Curtis III (Sonic Radio): Amazing, she is realy something you need to see live !

Julia: Thank you boys! ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#34 Posted : 16 January 2014 22:51:08(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Open Letter to FANS!

Well a lot of things are being said about my partnership with Alex Simms recently and it’s nothing that I’m not used to, but I think it’s time to sit down and write straight to my dearest vampires out there about what this project means, what are the goals of it and why we decided to embark in this adventure.
First let me say that the Reckless tour was a watershed moment in my life, first the whole feeling of being part of something bigger than just me and playing for heavy rock fans like I did was something a rock artist always dreamed for, then I had the time to meet Alex and get closer to him in a level that ended up being called as Mutual Addiction.
What I really want you to know is that after I finished touring “Haunted” I kind of had a writer’s block, I couldn’t think of a sound or a theme or anything else that could bring me inspiration to comeback to the studio again. The good thing is that, after two successful albums, your record label allows you to rest and take your time to write your music, but seriously I was so worried about my future in music, I wasn’t seeing myself in a studio for like at least three or four years. I was feeling lonely and sad and bored but even those feelings were not helping me to write or compose anything, it was a very hard and hopeless sensation.
All of those feelings were killing me, till finally Alex came to me and brought light to that immensely darkness I was in. Just chilling with him in my apartment, writing stuff and playing guitar, experiencing joyful moments and drinking whiskey made me feel creatively and productive again, in a way I hadn’t feel for such a long time then.
With all those ideas bumping up in my head, I told him we could make an album together, form a band, tour those songs and so that’s how everything started. So I really have to thank the opportunity for being in that world tour, because it was responsible to Mutual Addiction’s born and I’m so excited and happy that we’re finally letting you guys check the music we think it’s incredible.
Our goal is to bring back sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. The melodies and lyrics are sort of vintage and very powerful too, there is attitude on those tracks, there is sexiness and most important there is rock music, which by the way is what this industry needs now!
Well no more writing, but just listening, this is just the beginning, the first single is out this Sunday and I’m so anxious to know your first impressions over it. Let the arty begin!

With Love - Julia Volkoka
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 16/01/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/01/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 17/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/01/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#35 Posted : 03 January 2015 01:48:06(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Getting Old

It’s been a longtime since our last straight talk, despite your support this last year with Mutual Addiction’s tour and album and everything, I haven’t been really active on social media or other channels. But it’s finally time to sit down and write a little something for you my dearest vampires! I’ve been through a lot of changing the last years, since I started out this solo career and all the opportunities that were bought to me were a blessing on their own ways and I feel so great and happy that you all were always with me. Even though my outrageous behavior makes me sound and look wasted all the time, I truly feel sober when I tell you that I love you all. Said that, I must tell you that Mutual Addiction is over, as for now at least, me and Alex, we had a wonderful year together playing for you all, the music we created together was something I am very proud of, but it has come the time to re-encounter myself again, by my own.
For Alex, he has my love, my mind and all my support for all that he is striving to do for in this next year, I’m happy to have him on my side and to share a special feeling, ‘cause that’s something I never did with anybody before. I’ll always be there for him, in everything that he might need or even in the days that he won’t need me or didn’t want to see me, I’m such a pain in the ass sometimes ;P.
So now that we are putting Mutual Addiction to rest, I have to tell you that I’m back writing, ever since “Haunted” I never left the writing as a soloist and I have a large amount of material right now, I just need to focus on it and start something with it, but it has to be good, I’m not the type of person to release scratches, so it will take me sometime to re-group all of these shattered ideas. But I promise you that I’ll be working on a solo album for 2015 and certainly I’m already thinking about some people that I want to work with, it include producers, writers, singers or band mates, I’m feeling creative now that I start to think about Julia’s solo music.
For those of you who wants to know anything about my private life, I’m still the same chick of before in that aspect, I love Alex and I hope I’ll still be with him, our connection goes beyond the standards of any relationship, we mutual love each other and that’s the thing that I want to keep alive between us, this time we’ll be working on our solo careers will test our love, it will be the very first time after we decided to stablish a relationship that we’ll be away from each other, we’ll manage to have time to be together, but we spent the whole year of 2014 together and I ‘m afraid that won’t be possible for 2015. I’ll bide his time, I know he loves me.
I’m getting old, I think I’m in a point of my life that I have to slow down my routine, I already gave up some bad habits I had, I’m almost 30, I can’t imagine how it’s going to be after I really turn 30, but I got tell you that I ‘m still fresh and hot as hell, for the benefit of my relationship with Alex and also my career. I never was so open about my private life like before, I think it’s because of the fact that I’m a grown woman now, I don’t fear insecurity anymore. Well I hope you won’t forget about me, even if I keep away from spotlight after this open letter, don’t worry, it’s because I’ll be on studio!

I love you, XOXO Julia.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 03/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#36 Posted : 13 May 2015 06:10:01(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Feel the Fear

UserPostedImage

May 24th

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Welat65 on 13/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 13/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/05/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#37 Posted : 22 May 2015 10:21:21(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: I don’t believe in love
Release Date: May 24, 2015
Length: 4:39
Format: Digital Format, LP
Genre: Hard Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Songs to love and die by
Writer(s): Julia Volkova, Lilly Stuart, Bill Owens
Producer(s): Julia Volkova, Bill Owens

Julia Volkova premieres her first solo single after a hiatus of two years, which includes an album and a world tour with Alex Simms (Mutual Addiction). It anticipates the release of her upcoming album, the third of her soloist career, in a very comfortable moment for rock music. The song hit radio stations and digital markets on Next Sunday (May 24th), it also will receive a limited LP edition for die-hard fans who wants to buy a physical album by Julia Volkova after so many time of new material absence from the rock goddess.
On May 12th Julia updated her official website with a picture of herself wearing a black kimono half naked, holding a skull on her right hand, necklaces with crucifixes and that diabolical and seductive look, which only Julia knows how to give. With the disturbing image, there was a message saying “Fell the Fear”. Two days after the posting, she tweeted the phrase “Honey, I awake in men their darkest wish” and teased her fans with a line from her upcoming single “I don’t believe in love”.
A quite suggestive name for the singer, once she’s been dating the rock sensation Alex Simms for almost three years now, as far as we concern. Julia experienced so much attention for her private life in the past, her relationships were always guidelines for the tabloids and gossip magazines. She took a more conservatorship attitude with her private life from that experience and now we often don’t see any gossip or outrage attitude by the sexy singer, but only her desirable performances on stage.
Crediting for the song, goes for Julia, of course, her longtime friend Lilly Stuart and The Enlightened producer Bill Owens. Julia worked with producer in Peters on her second album, which lead her to amore dark and heavy rock influence to her sound. For this next chapter she seemed to enjoy this dark and heavy side of her sound and invited producer and songwriter Bill Owens and by listening to this first music, we’re sure that this collaboration brought a level of intensity for Julia’s sound.
Julia plays at the “Best in Northwest Festival” where she’ll have a half hour set, it is also the first live concert she’ll be giving after the end of Mutual Addiction World Tour last year. She’ll be performing some of her old hits plus the newly released track, the anticipation for her performance is big, even though she did not take a headlining spot, we might think its safer for her to play a minor role in a festival, as for now she’s just making her way into the industry again.
The single will receive a heavy promotion campaign, starting with the live concert, a music video filmed and directed by Meiert Avis, expects to premiere in June. Julia will also appears on Rolling Stone June Issue plus she’ll be visiting a couple of TV shows to promote the single. The release is also the first song published by her new record label “Songs to love and die by”, she is already one year and half signed with the label, however this will be the first time she’ll release anything with her solo career supported by the brand.

Song Description

The song has a spooky feel of it enhanced by Julia Volkova’s whispers in the intro and the creepy dark style vibe from beginning to end. Intoxicating as devilishly hell, “I don’t believe in love” sounds like a terrific heavy metal anthem. Not only it is a pleasure to follow them eyes closed, but also one of the grooviest tunes you’ve ever heard from Julia’s repertoire. From infectious guitar hooks complemented by bass and drum smashing, dark lyrics and Julia’ rawness vocals, “I don’t believe in love” is the kind of song that gets the crowd involved and to become totally mad. No waste time, Julia Volkova strike strong.
There’s no denial that we were missing this Julia Volkova, the one with sultry and rawness vocals, demanding us to become her slaves, coordinating us to surrender to her evilness. Not that we missed her singing, because she released an album last year, but the Post-Grunge and sometimes Punk influence of Mutual Addiction kind of masked the hard rock sexy attitude that made Julia one of the most successful rock singers of this generation.
Let’s not forget her songwriting, this time helped by Lilly Stuart and Bill Owens too. So we are used with her ironic and devilish sense of humor, or black humor, more appropriating speaking. The entire song talks about her attractive persona on the track, does not know anything about love, but she is having some fun with young men who didn’t know the woman they’re falling in love. Obviously the song is bigger than just a song about Julia’s sexy seductive skills, it talks about something Julia was always credited for, which is to keep people’s attention for her in odd ways, is it her outrageous attitude? Is it her lesser clothes and bare skin? Is it her misbehavior speech? Well the only thing she knows for sure on this song is that she doesn’t believe in love, at least in the way are used to believe in love, because in the inner lines, she knows that love is a subjective thing.
Julia Volkova is not a young woman anymore, she became a 30-year-old woman last year and part of this maturing is crafted on this track, she’s serious even though she’s ironic, but that’s just how she sounds, sexy, confident and extremely devilish. If you were trying to find a meaning for that phrase she posted on her official website, well you just find out!

Lyrics

(Don’t say you love me, ‘cause I’m not yours)

Did you call me, baby? Or am I just deaf
Boy you should be careful with all the things you say
I know I'm completely irresistible
I’m like a drink of pleasure
But I’m also your perdition
You must know

‘Cause I sold my soul, I don’t believe in love
‘Cause I’m too much old, I don’t believe in love
I’ll stalking another prey, ‘till I exhaust its faith

Did you misbehave? Or are you just feeling free?
Honey, I awake in men, their darkest wish
Once you bite the rotten apple, you’ll meet the truth
Not that your life has been a lie, but fun is with us doomed
You must know

‘Cause I undressed of me all the shame, Shall I be condemned?
‘Cause they don’t have the guts to do the same
‘Cause I’m not fond, I don’t believe in love
I’ll stalking another prey, ‘till I exhaust its faith

Don’t you say you love me!
Don’t you think I belong to you…
I’ve been living in the dark
A nocturnal creative without rules

‘Cause I’m not fond, I don’t believe in love
‘Cause I have no shame, I don’t believe in saints
God doesn’t speak with me as he used to speak
I’m just one of his renegade kids
I’ll say a little pray for you to find another way

Sounds Like

Edited by user 23 May 2015 04:24:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 9 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 22/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#38 Posted : 26 May 2015 02:44:36(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Julia Live (Promo Tour)

Julia Volkova performed yesterday at the “Best in the Northwest Festival”. The rock singer just released a brand new single after two years hiatus, called “I don’t believe in love” which she also performed live during her concert last night. Later on she went on twitter and promised the fans she had a big announcement surprise for the following day and here we are.
It happens that Julia is going to travel USA for the following month in a promo tour anticipating the release of her third studio album. The series of concert will take place in 15 cities of the United States, starting on Rockford, Colorado and ending on Kansas City, Missouri. Julia is going to be performing a longer version of the set list she performed at the Festival, on each city a brand new song will be performed and let’s not mention that she’ll be performing her brand new single as well.
Check out all the dates bellow, you can get tickets on JuliaVolkova.com, Songstoliveanddieby.com, LiveNation.com

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 26/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#39 Posted : 02 June 2015 01:51:30(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: I don’t Believe in Love
Artist: Julia Volkova
Directed by: Meiert Avis

The conceptual video is a mix of imageries and symbols evolving a cross with an arrow pointing down, black and red colors, sexual gestures performed by Julia and other actors and also Julia acting as a rock band performing the song. The video doesn’t follow a storyline or a timeline, it was made to disturb its viewer senses and most of all to increase all the sensual and dark aspects of Julia’s daring personality. The symbolism takes reference of Christians and witchcraft.
One scene consists of Julia performing the track in a hangar with her band, she’s wearing a leather cat suit, boots and heavy dark eyed makeup. The performance is very rock and roll and full of attitude, behind Julia’s angle there’s a cross with an arrow pointing down, the main symbolism of the whole proposal of the video, which is to classify Julia as if she was a sin that everyone wants to commit. She often looks to the camera and lip-sync the lines of the song with evil eyes and seductive moves to her body.

UserPostedImage

Another scene of the video, consists of Julia in a room full of TV’s that are only showing static , she’s wearing a silk cloak hiding her naked body, still very provocative with the camera, there are fogs on the ground of the room and we can barely see on the walls of the place pentagrams painted in red. She bounces her head side to side as if she was being possessed, while the scenes keep on interchanging, there is a moment towards the end of the video which she opens the cloak revealing that she has a cross with arrow pointing down, painted in back on her body hiding her breast and her vagina.

UserPostedImage

There’s a room full of chairs which looks like a cinema or something like it, Julia is wearing a dark red corset and a silk black cloak, the cloak is covering the chairs behind the one she is sitting, she is also provocative but in more innocent way. She is looking to the camera filming above her, while she sings the song lines, some sort of people half-naked covered in black are creeping towards Julia’s direction. She didn’t care if they’re getting closer, she kept performing the song as they reach her cloak and get really close to touch her but the scene ends before they get her.

UserPostedImage

Another that keeps interchanging the others, consists of Julia naked in a dark room, but obviously we can’t see her nude body as a whole. We only see the top of her body and its is covered by a snake, she has an apple on her hand and sometimes her eyes turn to white as if she was the devil herself. For this scene Julia has a crucifix on her necklace, the snake embracing and the apple on her hands is certainly a reference for Eva, in the book of Genesis on the Holy Bible.

UserPostedImage

So all of these scenes described above, keep on interchanging during the video, sometimes one of them lasts a little longer than the other, but they’re showing for the most part very fast, all of the symbolism in the video makes it looks dark and provocative. Julia is on her best shape, the 30 years old singer is one of the hottest active rock singers in the moment and there’s no doubt after this video.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 9 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 02/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#40 Posted : 11 June 2015 00:13:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Julia Volkova gave a Radio interview today where she talked about her new single, new music video, her upcoming third studio album and the live concerts she’s about to give in the days to come…

UserPostedImage

KLOSFM: This was Julia Volkova’s new single “I don’t believe in love” and guess who’s sitting right next to me right now? It’s the lady herself.

Julia: Hi guys…

KLOSFM: So how have you been?

Julia: I’m great, thanks for having me

KLOSFM: It’s actually hard for me to behave beside you, because you know, you have such an impacting presence, I’m so nervous.

Julia: C’mon, I don’t bite, if you want to…

KLOSFM: *laughs* Ooh, now I’m relaxed thanks for the information

Julia: You’re welcome *laughs*

KLOSFM: We just played your new single and it is two weeks older now and it’s playing everywhere, people are absolutely crazy about it, did you expect the reception it gained?

Julia: I was hoping it would be appealing, because we try to release the lead single of an upcoming album, thinking about what track could totally get the fans into the mood and even more excited about what is coming next. So I was really expecting it to be appealing, but obviously you’re never 100% sure it will premiere in number one, I was really modest about it, like a top five maybe? *laughs*, I’m so grateful, as always.

KLOSFM: People keeping on requesting the track on twitter repeatedly and it’s funny because as much as you listen to it, you wanna listen it again. The first time I played here, I had to repeat it for the next hour, we were playing a track and then your new single, I think it’s because it is visceral, it’s raw and sexy, and how did you come up with the idea for this track.

Julia: “I don’t believe in love” was born on Bill Owens guitar, he got that first riff of the track, after that we spent like two weeks working on it, the vocals, the strings, the drums and last the lyrics, it was quite natural, we weren’t following any recipe, we were following our intuitions. The moment I started to like what “The Enlightened” were releasing, I instantly had the idea of calling out Bill to produce my next record and I was so right to do that because I was in this lack of enthusiasm of make another solo record. I don’t know if you’ll understand, because it’s something really intimate, but when Bill came to my place and he started to talk about what could be good for a new album, I started to get excited.

KLOSFM: So Bill took part as the executive producer of your new album, is that right?

Julia: Yes, we coproduced the entire album. Like I said, I’m a huge The Enlightened fan, their latest releases bush the boundaries for rock music taking it straight to the top spot of the charts and they also have a visual aspect for their work which I find very entertaining and well done. Something that I always try to do with my music as well.

KLOSFM: What other music, other than The Enlightened, are you listening recently?

Julia: I like to listen to rock music, so I’m always paying attention to rock bands and rock stars and their new stuffs, most recently I was listening to Edward Barat, the man is an entertainer, I was also listening to Reported Failure’s Hands, that song is spectacular and most recent of all, Riot!, I think they pretty much consistent.

KLOSFM: Talking about the video for “I don’t believe in love”, there are a lot of nudity and obscene gestures in there, not that we didn’t like, because we actually loved it, but you always show off your body with no shame…

Julia: Yes, I like to have my clothes off and it didn’t need to have a reason. *laughs* I could totally take them off right now…

KLOSFM: WOW, we would love that…

Julia: I’ll leave it for a new video though, you know, I got keep somethings for the business.

KLOSFM: But seriously, what can you tell us about the video?

Julia: The video is evolved in symbolism, there is not a storyline or anything like that, it is mostly a disturbed visual version of what the lyrics are and it gives tips of the themes in my upcoming album, so you’ll realize. There’s religion, nudity, sex, bad behavior and a lot of other themes that were plot for the songs on this new record.

KLOSFM: Well that’s very instigating…

Julia: I hope so, everything has a reason and music videos are not only the visual artistic perception of a track, they’re also an incredible tool of marketing, you know.

KLOSFM: That’s right, anyways, Julia is performing today on Rockford as part of her promo tour “Julia Live”, unfortunately, you won’t be able to watch her live if you didn’t buy a ticket, ‘cause the date is sold out just like all of the others.

Julia: I’m really excited to perform the old stuff with the new stuff, it’s going to be crazy.

KLOSFM: Well I’ll be watching you on Portland. Anyways, thank you so much for stepping by, we love you and we hope to see you soon.

Julia: Thank you for having me, Love y’all.

Edited by user 11 June 2015 00:20:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 12/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/06/2015(UTC)