logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 08 October 2013 08:01:30(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

Anniken Dahl-Smith
UserPostedImage
Date of Birth: December 23rd
Hometown: Oslo, Norway
Kids: Airemese Smith and everyone signed on to Dahlhouse Entertainment (lol)
Occupations: A mother FIRST! CEO/CCO of Dahlhouse Entertainment & Director of sales/promotions for Studio60,

The Story
I was born as Anniken Dahl on January 1, 1966 in Oslo, Norway . My father was the Prime minister of Norway and mother a socialite. I was sent off to boarding school in Toronto to study Music Business/Management. After graduating, I became a world renowned super model. AT age 32, I had my beautiful daught Airemese Smith. As she got older, I began to manage the career of my daughter and her best friend Nina Tarantino. Fast forward and I founded the Dahlhouse Entertainment to expand on my managerial skills and laucnh the career's of other artists.

Edited by user 11 February 2021 09:22:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 08/10/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 08/10/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/10/2013(UTC), Moquel on 08/10/2013(UTC), Walton on 10/10/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 26/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2013 08:50:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ooc: Feel free to review anything of mine :) I didn't want to review my own stuff, I can be quite biased lol. Also, little plug here, I still have Honor as a reviewer if you, or anyone, want anything reviewed.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 08/10/2013(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2013 08:59:58(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: nice both of you can review my stuff when it comes out, now for the shameless character plug to befriend a girl mother.

Kidd: nice to meet you miss smith though you didn't give her the singing you did give aire great business sense which in music is just as important.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2013 09:00:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: This is such a great addition to the forums and like Tequila said, feel free to review any of my stuff as well!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 08 October 2013 09:20:10(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Feel free to review anything of mine :) I didn't want to review my own stuff, I can be quite biased lol. Also, little plug here, I still have Honor as a reviewer if you, or anyone, want anything reviewed.

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: This is such a great addition to the forums and like Tequila said, feel free to review any of my stuff as well!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: nice both of you can review my stuff when it comes out, now for the shameless character plug to befriend a girl mother.

Kidd: nice to meet you miss smith though you didn't give her the singing you did give aire great business sense which in music is just as important.

OOC : Thank you guys ! I'll make sure that I keep up with your stuff ! Note to all : Though I'll do whatever , I might not do everything , so if you want anything in particular , PM me .

Anniken : Nice to meet you too . Are you trying to taunt me young man ? No , I'm playing lol . Thank you very much . I assume you're friends with Aire ?
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/10/2013(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 08 October 2013 09:51:21(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Kidd: yes ma'am I'm aire's boyfriend.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 08 October 2013 10:16:06(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Aire : Yep he's my friend ... that's a boy ! Like a girlfriend ! I have many of those ^.^ Oh wait ... I didn't mean it like that ...

Anniken : Oh really ? She's never told me about you . We'll have to meet in person one day .

Aire : Oh my God , are you listening to me ?! We are just ... nevermind .
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 08 October 2013 22:08:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Cassie: Norway, it's not all satanic metal and church burnings! I hope you're gonna be ruthless. I hate reviews where people actually like the songs. Where the hell is the point in that? ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
kandii on 09/10/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 08 October 2013 22:18:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Mariko: um....hi. I'm Nina's...friend. I like to think I am aires friend as well. But I am much closer with nina.....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#10 Posted : 09 October 2013 09:23:57(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Kidd: We just started dating recently, but we are taking things slow. I would like to meet in person.

@Aire: Bunch of girlfriends huh, I hope you don't think just cause I'm a boy means you a get a girl on the side.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 10 October 2013 03:27:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: Norway, it's not all satanic metal and church burnings! I hope you're gonna be ruthless. I hate reviews where people actually like the songs. Where the hell is the point in that? ;)

Anniken : Is that what people think of Norway ? That's not all true ! You forgot the Vikings !! I won't be mean about EVERY song , but I'll make sure to add in some entertainment for you ;)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 10 October 2013 09:27:32(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Love Me Before I Rot/No Stars by Mariko Kobayashi
UserPostedImage

OK , so the first song on my roster is an odd request from an odd friend . Mariko's ' Love Me Before I Rot / No Stars ' . Had to change the name and be all professional and shit , like what they do for airplay . What , you thought I was too old to handle the actual name ? Fuck you ! I'm 48 , I can handle the lingo ! Fuck me Before I Rot . There , I hope it helps you sleep at night , you ageist .

*Clears throat* Anyhow , like I was saying , someone sent me a request and so I'm doing it without any to and fro . For the ones who don't know , Mariko Kobayashi is a singer from Japan known for a lot of different things , but mostly , her violent acts on stage . She sings Bubblegum Rock but lately has been starting to take a darker turn in her music . I've never met her before and I have only heard about her in a few articles and recently , a magazine , but after 7 minutes of Googling , I came to a conclusion : She shouldn't really be associated with critics . She's a harmless girl ( so it seems -.e ) who sings fun songs about killing and fucking . Her stuff is meant to give you psychotic thoughts , not for you to judge whether or not it competes with Barbarian's music . But she's stepped up to the plate and I'm not going to give her a small meal .

' Love Me Before I Rot ' is an appalling song . Mariko's previous songs were all so fun and catchy , but this one seems so cliche and forced together . Why was she rotting in the first place ? I don't get it ... was she being figurative or some shit ? I don't know , by the looks of this song , Mariko has lost all of her ( though the song is Noisy Surf ) Bubblegum Rock spirit . It just wasn't there this time . Well those are just my feelings on the lyrics , the music surprisingly goes well with the whole thing . If I could just listen to how well the production of the music went with the Mariko's vocals , I would definitely listen to it often . That artwork is brilliant by the way ...

But there is still one more side to this single . Lads and gents , it pretty much ( well not really ) made up for the whole thing . While listening to ' No Stars ' , the other song pretty much slipped my mind . Though there aren't many , the lyrics are really good . Quite frankly , poetic . Getting the message and theme across in such little words . And the production on this song was also great . The distorted background really did fit well with her bitter vocals which sung the lyrics in the most perfect way . The piano that played the high keys at the end was serious ear candy . It tweaks with the whole thing . The hateful voice , the distorted background . Just ... yes . That's all I can explain for that .

Love Me Before I Rot
In My Eyes : ★★
In The Public's Eye : ( Even if she wasn't underrated ... )

No Stars
In My Eyes : ★★★★
In The Public's Eye : ( Super underrated )
thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 10 October 2013 09:37:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Harmless my ass. I can't accept anything being appalling by Mariko, it's blasphemy! I mean who doesn't love a song about fucking or killing or both? I think everyone wants to be fucked before they rot. It's human nature. Most like to fuck rotting things, that I won't get into.

OOC: Nice job on this, love the way you reviewed it :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 10 October 2013 09:56:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: Harmless my ass. I can't accept anything being appalling by Mariko, it's blasphemy! I mean who doesn't love a song about fucking or killing or both? I think everyone wants to be fucked before they rot. It's human nature. Most like to fuck rotting things, that I won't get into.

OOC: Nice job on this, love the way you reviewed it :)

Anniken : Don't get me wrong , I like her previous songs about fucking and killing ! This just didn't cut it for me . It felt like it was missing that Mariko edge . And don't even make me start on that , I fee... Actually , I think it's best if I don't .

OOC : Thank you ! I was afraid it was too short lol .
thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 10 October 2013 10:38:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
ooc: thanks! it was perfect!

mariko: thank you,miss smith. i think you were super fair and not mean spirited for the sake of being mean. fuck me before I rot wasn't meant to mean aanything really. just a run of the mill song about necrophilia. "no stars" gets four stars?! *Happy dances*

@honor. you like my stuff?! this day just keeps gettin better!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 10/10/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 10 October 2013 15:35:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Kai: This bitch has got the bollocks....not biologically but damn...first review and she comes out swinging like this. Can't wait to see what she says when she's more established!

Ooc: Nice read!
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#17 Posted : 11 October 2013 07:16:25(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
ooc: thanks! it was perfect!

mariko: thank you,miss smith. i think you were super fair and not mean spirited for the sake of being mean. fuck me before I rot wasn't meant to mean anything really. just a run of the mill song about necrophilia. "no stars" gets four stars?! *Happy dances*

OOC : No problem :)

Anniken : I'm so glad that you understand ! No problem doll , anytime :)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: This bitch has got the bollocks....not biologically but damn...first review and she comes out swinging like this. Can't wait to see what she says when she's more established!

Ooc: Nice read!

Anniken : Bahaha , bollocks ! Thank you so much darling !

OOC : Thank you :)

Offline kandii  
#18 Posted : 11 October 2013 11:58:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

OOC : To everyone who has requested a review : I've noticed time is winding down for an album I'm working on and I don't want to hold it back for any longer , so I'm going to strictly focus on it for the following 3 days . After then I swear to get all of the reviews in ! Just not until next week .

Edited by user 11 October 2013 11:59:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kandii  
#19 Posted : 31 December 2013 21:01:25(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Fifty Shades by Kai Rollins
UserPostedImage

For the last 2 months my blog has been D-E-A-D . I know , I know . I've been getting busier and busier with Rum & Coke and the label and my family so bare with me . I'm now ready to flood this bad boy with review after review , so get ready to wear the shit out of those reading glasses . No ? Whatever , I tried .

To be honest with you all , I'm not really into Heavy Metal and all of it's rip off genres . After Alice and Ozzy , shit just went downhill . It became less ... you know , rock and more inaudible screaming . It was pleasant to hear Ozzy and them scream meaningful lyrics over headbangable music . Now in rock it's one word stretched out for 3 minutes straight as the drums and guitars go fucking haywire . It's like the artist is purposely trying to give you a headache from either the pointless screaming and growling or simply from trying to headbang on beat . It's a disaster .

I don't know exactly if Kai is one of those artists . To be honest , I'm still trying to process it . I mean yes , there was a lot of screaming , and yes , the guitar was confused in life but it's the first Metalcore/Deathcore song I've heard in literally years and it shocked me . I didn't know what the fuck was going on . I read the lyrics online before I listened to it and so I was expecting some kind of Imagine Dragons meets Nico Vega type song , but no . He tricked me . Let me just walk you through the single's music .

The song starts off all quiet . You know the kind of music/sound you usually hear in movies when something like glass is shattering in slow motion or someone's getting in a car accident or something else dramatic and in slow motion ? It just gets louder and louder though still you expect something like a smooth beat to pan out over it . But NOPE . Kai decides to start screaming and next thing you know the guitar goes bat shit cray cray and the drums do the same , every now and then making some catchy beat but going right back to doing whatever the fuck it pleases. It switches it up every now and then as well and the song just goes on and on , just like that . Then there's like this part where Kai just starts to scream like he's of Satan or something as the instruments starts to sound like a stereotypical heavy metal song . Like for no reason at all it got fast as fuck and he strained the mess out of his vocals (at least he should've) . What I'm trying to say about the track is I still don't know what to think . But I guess since I don't actually hate it , managed to listen to it 4 times and caught myself rocking on beat then it must mean that I like it ... I guess .

Though I'm not entirely sure on the music itself , I find the lyrics brilliant . I may not agree with them 100% because I do believe there is a God and I believe in him but I could definitely see where Kai's coming from on an anti-Christianity level . I'm not even going to get started on Christianity because this is not one of "THOSE" blogs , however , the discrimination , telling other people they're going to Hell , and some Christians thinking that just because they read the bible means they can talk and act as if Jesus himself gave them a magic touch on their forehead so they could share with others what God must be thinking of their actions definitely needed to be called out in at least one Heavy Metal song that makes it mainstream .

I think one of the best things about this song is that at the end of the day , Kai does not give 1 fuck . You can tell this is not one of those singles that are controversial just so the public will pay attention to it and because of that , the lyrics are perfect . It's just Kai expressing his opinion on a topic that makes absolutely no sense to him and he did a wonderful job of it . This is what music is all about . Not about ass shaking , not about drug usage , not about being "bad" or feeling horny . Just simply expressing yourself with melodies -- even if your version of a melody is showing those vocals chords who's boss .

Fifty Shades
In My Eyes : ★★★★★
In The Public's Eyes : ★★ ( Because everyone thinks we should strive to not piss the Christians off . )

Edited by user 31 December 2013 21:04:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Walton on 31/12/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 31/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 31/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/12/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#20 Posted : 31 December 2013 21:10:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Awesome review. Totally different from normal reviews and I loved it :) Thanks :)

Kai: It could be worse, love. Listen to some pornocore and come back and tell me my music isn't melodic ;) Glad you liked the lyrics and shit though, cheers for the awesome review!

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
kandii on 31/12/2013(UTC)