logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2014 00:19:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8540 time(s) in 2675 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Wonderstruck”
Artist: Amy Meyer
Release Date: November 30, 2014
Length: 5:02
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Coloured Vinyl, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: (October/November 2014) - Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre: Pop-Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Kaleidescrope Records
Writer(s): Amy Meyer
Producer(s): Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“Wonderstruck” is the third solo single released from from American pop-punk musician ‘Amy Meyer’, best known as lead singer of multi-platinum rock group ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. It follows on from previous singles ‘Freefalling’ and ‘Stars’ which are both expected to feature on her still untitled debut solo album expected early next year. Therefore marking another step into the unknown world of band leader to solo artist, the jury is still somewhat out on Meyer as a solo artist, lack of mainstream promotion in the same way that Riot! used is a possibility for the stunted nature of her solo career thus far, but it would appear that Meyer is holding back from over-selling herself as a solo artist, perhaps even opting to take her time with her music in a way that she had never done before as lead singer of Riot! with whom productivity was one of their major draws, pulling out four studio albums in four years and over double that amount of singles in the same time period, add to this the countless weeks and months on the road and you have a band that were perhaps one of the most hard-working acts the industry had ever seen up to that point, with Meyer though it appears that her full focus hasn’t quite been on her new role as a solo musicians, with just three singles to her name and only one major live performance at the most recent Fan Choice Awards it seems like she’s had trouble finding her feet, will she be able to do that with her latest single?

The song was recorded between late October and early November at her own studios, Half-Moon Studios based in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada and was produced by Meyer alongside ‘Christian Fallon’. The song like her previous singles has veered away from the traditional sounds of her work with Riot! As one would expect and the focus once again has shifted to melody and emotion with Meyer one more using a Piano as the primary and in this case only instrument on show, it works well as Meyer can delivery her carefully written words in a way that feels honest and heartwrenching, despite the high energy levels and the punchy vocals she has shown herself to have in the past, she also has a keen ear for the soft melodic approach and she appears to be really putting emphasis on this side of her voice, if you combine that with the tender tones of the piano keys and here you have a powerful track laced with innocence.

The single will be released by Amy Meyer under Kaleidescope Records, where she recently signed her first ever solo contract with and intends to release her debut album through that same label. The track is expected to make the next step in the album build but is also expected to be the final thing we hear from Meyer in 2014. The track comes in at just over five minutes in length and will be available as a CD Single, Digtial Download, Coloured Vinyl and will be made available to Weekly Airplay. The track was written by Meyer and will be released on November 30, 2014.

Lyrics

“Grasping hands so tight in the dead of the night
And we whispered to each other, let’s run
We found ourselves that year
Without a single care
But now we’ll never be quite as young
I saw that sparkle when you looked into my eyes
And it felt like moments would last for days
And I’m holding out for another one like you
Even though they say that’s not how this story plays
Don’t go wishing it away

Life is a gift that we’re given each day
So don’t go wishing it away
So please don’t go wishing it away
Because the greatest things don’t always last
We’ve got too much ahead of us to be looking at the past

My father used to tell me to follow my heart
He said it might get bruised along the way
But he never mentioned that it could hurt so badly
The truth is that I wouldn’t want this any other way
And he told me to always be a dreamer
To be a wild young thing
And I may lose hope along the way
But part of the adventure is in the believing

I was wonderstuck from the very start
Catching fireflies in a tiny jar

So please don’t go wishing it away
Because the greatest things don’t always last
We’ve got too much ahead of us to be looking at the past

Catching fireflies in a tiny jar”
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/12/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 04/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 02 December 2014 00:56:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: There's no denying that people want you back with Riot! But things don't always work out the way we want and then you go on to release stellar and quality tracks like this on your own, reminding us why you were the driving force. Yet another high quality track with emotive lyrics. Don't listen to people Amy! People learn from mistakes and make their own decisions. I know that for a fact. Just keep releasing this amazing music and that album!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 07/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2014 04:14:40(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Jordan: So proud that this new music is out. You've been working so hard and it has really paid off. I can't wait for everyone to hear your debut album.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2014 14:42:36(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: I know a lot of people are going to hold it against you for going solo but I don't think it is a bad thing. Your very talented so it's going to take some time to get adjusted from being the singer for a group to just a singer. I wasn't blow away from the song but I will give it an incomplete until we heard the album.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 03 December 2014 20:16:24(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kellin: You leaving the label was a real shame, but if it means we get more top class solo stuff from you, I'm all for it. This was great. PS. Bring back the red hair...
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#6 Posted : 04 December 2014 04:28:52(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: This is awesome. Its great to see just how great you can be with or without a band. Keep it coming. I'm stoked for the album.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:18:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: There's no denying that people want you back with Riot! But things don't always work out the way we want and then you go on to release stellar and quality tracks like this on your own, reminding us why you were the driving force. Yet another high quality track with emotive lyrics. Don't listen to people Amy! People learn from mistakes and make their own decisions. I know that for a fact. Just keep releasing this amazing music and that album!

Amy: Ahhh Riot! Riot! Riot!, I'm starting to think that those four little letters and exclamation point are just gonna follow me around forever, haha I guess I can't complain about that. Thank you so much James, that means a lot to me, it's always a little scary when you try to do something completely different and a little out of your own comfort zone, so it's very nice to hear good comments about what I'm doing!
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:19:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Jordan: So proud that this new music is out. You've been working so hard and it has really paid off. I can't wait for everyone to hear your debut album.

Amy: Ahh thank you Jordan! I really appreciate the support of you and your label, means a lot to know that I can make music the way that I want to make it and just take my time with it all!
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:22:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: I know a lot of people are going to hold it against you for going solo but I don't think it is a bad thing. Your very talented so it's going to take some time to get adjusted from being the singer for a group to just a singer. I wasn't blow away from the song but I will give it an incomplete until we heard the album.

Amy: It always happens, right? I mean I'm always the same, am I ever gonna listen to that Gerard Way solo album?? Heck no, how can he even come close to replicated what he did with My Chem, it's just the way things go I understand it! Hopefully you enjoy the album, I'm sure that this song isn't to everybody's tastes!

Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:25:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kellin: You leaving the label was a real shame, but if it means we get more top class solo stuff from you, I'm all for it. This was great. PS. Bring back the red hair...

Amy: It is a shame that I don't have time for the day-to-day running of the label, I still own the whole thing though. But I needed to find a way to make time to put full effort into my music, I mean that's always gonna be my main focus, it's been awesome to help the upcoming artists and bands find their feet in the industry and hopefully I'll be able to continue that again at some point in the future! Oh don't worry, the red-hair will definitely make a triumphant return very soon, just wanted a little change :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:26:37(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;401947]Billie: This is awesome. Its great to see just how great you can be with or without a band. Keep it coming. I'm stoked for the album.

Amy: Wow, thank you very much Billie! It's scary at times being without the guys beside me but I'm enjoying it all the same!