logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2014 04:21:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Genre: Synth pop, electropop, alternative pop
Release Date: 12/4/14
Label: Songs To Live and Die By
Songwriters: E.Barat, R.Stimson, P.Lively
Producers: Joel Little
From The Album: TBA

Brief Background

Edward Barat certainly kept his promise when he stated he would finally be releasing music in 2014. To some, this just seemed like one of his empty promises that have made way since 2011 when he first rose to some exposure after competing on Star factory. Since Starfactory, Edward had seemed to pick up more steam from his personal life and reality shows then his seemingly non existent music career. Aside from releasing a promotional track "Showman" back in 2011, the fierce and outspoken singer songwriter had nothing else to lean on when it came to his discography. However, it seemed that the time was right in 2014 as Edward Barat has really built up anticipation for this new album of here. Mainly because of its leading single "Fucked It Up Again".

Just two months ago Edward released the projects first single "Fucked It Up Again". The single, which was a dark and depressing alternative slice of synth pop became critically acclaimed almost instantly. The track even reached the Top 5 on the Digital Charts and came in at #2 on Airplay showing that there is indeed an interest to the Showman. Edward explained that he was glad with the success of the track since it was his choice to go with that as the first single and not the 'typical' record, and it really worked to his advantage.

Today Edward appears to be releasing another track from this soon to be titled album that is on the horizon. The title of the track "Unholy Ones" is the Showman's continuation to show that he does not intend to make his music safe as he gets ready to release his album. The track was produced by Joel Little and will be released on December 4th, 2014 via Songs To Live And Die By. Unlike his previous work, Unholy Ones has a "Parent Advisory" sticker attached to its artwork, due to the tracks initial meaning and story. There's no surprise that Edward is a gay male and certainly does not hide it in "Unholy Ones" as the tracks exudes homoerotisism. The record pits two males together as they engage in 'Unholy' activities that Edward recalls as he proclaims this listener in his sensual but rigid vocals that go perfectly with the deep synth beats that Edward seems to have found a niche with. Edward sings about these activists as being "right" and "accepting to him" as opposed to being unholy to others over the pounding beats that rise into an unleashing chorus. Its the Edward's delivery with captivating, sensual and the pounding (no pun intended) vibe of the track that makes this track an obvious standout.

UserPostedImage

Unholy ones was really written as a reflection of the first time I fell in love with a man and the first time we engaged in sex. And it was one of the best things that happened to me, and its not because he was amazing in bed, but because I realized that it was that, that I truly wanted and I was living my life in secret for too long. I was told for so long that it was "unholy" or wrong to be involved with another male.

I was always so afraid of going all the way and when I finally did. Wow. It opened up my eyes to who I really was and who I wanted to be all that time. Unholy ones wasn't written to offend anyone, but its truth, its real. So I wrote the song thinking about that first when I thought "this is the way I am suppsose to love". I understand that this record is 10 times more edgy then my last record but I write my music as a reflection to things I feel I have experienced as well as others. And this track here, I know can connect with millions who are "Unholy Ones". Embrace yourself. No matter if you are gay or straight. Embrace others no matter if they are different.

I noticed my reflection
With diamonds in his skin,
His hair in painted flames
Was not my own image
What hurt us both the most
Was such a common loss,
Deceit that made us see
Another way of life…

So I let him inside
And sat him down to talk
He showed me all his darkness,
But all I saw was love.
And there I was, I begged
Show me how to feel
So he brought me to bed
And all I felt was real…

And nothing touched the way he loved,
Except for us, unholy ones,
This is how you’re supposed to love
And everything was said and done
The way we hoped, the dreams of young
This is how you’re supposed to love.

So as we start to dream,
I pick apart this quest
He begins to moan,
A call for my arrest
His kiss brings me to my knees,
And down my body, he wrecks
His fingers trace my chest
As he bows his head.

And gently was the wait,
And reassured was love
We give before we take
It’s something we’ve both learned.
If only they would hear
And there was no divide,
There’d be nothing to fear
And no regret to hide…

Don’t wash this out with bleach
Cause I kinda liked the taste
We were destined for this love

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/12/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 05/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/12/2014(UTC), kandii on 05/12/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/12/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/12/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2014 05:18:11(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
Erica: um...I think I need to get a permission slip signed before I can listen to this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 05/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2014 05:23:59(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Aliya : I kind of blushed. But it's such a good Song... I really love it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2014 05:28:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vara: Oooh, Edward, darling. I need to fan myself after listening to that. Very sexual and intense. I adore it! Also, I want to say that I love that you straight out said that this song was about a man. Too many artists - even though they are openly gay - change songs to sound like they're about women or never mention the gender of who they're singing about to keep the song more "radio friendly." I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Nobody should have to censor the true meaning of their music, and I think it's wonderful that you kept true to yourself. Bravo, darling. Play on.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 05 December 2014 10:46:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: um...I think I need to get a permission slip signed before I can listen to this.

Edward: I give you permission, Erica! :P

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Aliya : I kind of blushed. But it's such a good Song... I really love it!

Edward: Thank you sweetie!

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Vara: Oooh, Edward, darling. I need to fan myself after listening to that. Very sexual and intense. I adore it! Also, I want to say that I love that you straight out said that this song was about a man. Too many artists - even though they are openly gay - change songs to sound like they're about women or never mention the gender of who they're singing about to keep the song more "radio friendly." I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Nobody should have to censor the true meaning of their music, and I think it's wonderful that you kept true to yourself. Bravo, darling. Play on.

Edward: Totally. And that's why it immediately comes across as inauthentic. People shouldn't have to change themselves because of others or because they are afraid to change that. We as artists should be able to express ourselves no matter what it may be about. Thanks Vara!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 06 December 2014 05:09:45(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Oh my god this song is so addicting I'm in love with it and the meaning and the fact that you're just so fearless and this is just amazing I really want to give you such a big hug it's a shame that society tells us to be happy with who we are then stuffs so much stuff down our throat it's like "Love yourself but only if you're straight, thin and good looking" it's so nice to see that you didn't change anything in the song and kept it about a boy the song is super rad and so are you keep it going Edwardo <3
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 07 December 2014 02:00:31(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Oh my god this song is so addicting I'm in love with it and the meaning and the fact that you're just so fearless and this is just amazing I really want to give you such a big hug it's a shame that society tells us to be happy with who we are then stuffs so much stuff down our throat it's like "Love yourself but only if you're straight, thin and good looking" it's so nice to see that you didn't change anything in the song and kept it about a boy the song is super rad and so are you keep it going Edwardo <3

Edward: Thank you Layla! I must keep it real for my fans and I've always been a fearless individual. It just makes it better when I get to show that in my music you know :) thanks sooo much for being so nice with the compliments sweetie!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline dohaihoangnam  
#8 Posted : 07 December 2014 02:27:16(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Reese: FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME! This is absolutely what mainstream music today should be more like: authentic and unadulterated. This is why I chose to go indie. I wanted to be the person who's calling the shots, not a guy in a dumb suit. And I held back nothing. And so did you, judging on what's here. It's truly a great song and it's really refreshing to see someone as comfortable with their sexuality as I am.
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 07 December 2014 06:32:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: Adore this song so much. I think you were being highly underestimated with your music and this would sound great on today's radio for a nice change. I love your attitude and you always bring it, Mr. Showman, so I'm totally a fan right now :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:09:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8573 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Cara: Ahhhh this is so damn good! The voice that you have is just about as powerful as any in the music industry right now and the fact that you're coming out with songs very real to yourself and your own experiences and feelings just makes it even better because you're combining that great voice with emotion. I'm hoping that the new year is the year that you finally dominate because I just wanna finally hear that debut album ... :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 08 December 2014 23:48:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Cara: Ahhhh this is so damn good! The voice that you have is just about as powerful as any in the music industry right now and the fact that you're coming out with songs very real to yourself and your own experiences and feelings just makes it even better because you're combining that great voice with emotion. I'm hoping that the new year is the year that you finally dominate because I just wanna finally hear that debut album ... :)

Edward: Cara, that made me feel wonderful. Thank you. I'm looking to bring something different to the table and keep it real to who I am and my experiences. Don't worry! The album is on the way!!

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: Adore this song so much. I think you were being highly underestimated with your music and this would sound great on today's radio for a nice change. I love your attitude and you always bring it, Mr. Showman, so I'm totally a fan right now :)

Edward: Awww Jen! Despite what people have said about me, you always remain judgmental free and pleasant. We really need more people like you in this world! Yeah, I've felt underestimated numerous times but that's making work harder. Everything just can't be handed on a s silver platter and its taken a while, but I'm happy to say I'm getting out there. I am a fan as well, thank you!

Originally Posted by: dohaihoangnam Go to Quoted Post
Reese: FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME! This is absolutely what mainstream music today should be more like: authentic and unadulterated. This is why I chose to go indie. I wanted to be the person who's calling the shots, not a guy in a dumb suit. And I held back nothing. And so did you, judging on what's here. It's truly a great song and it's really refreshing to see someone as comfortable with their sexuality as I am.

Edward: Definitely. It was great working on your album. I do feel like you don't look dumb but you are in a suit and stuff and you've changed who you are since you first came here since people weren't really accepting the fact that you cross dressed and were thrown off by it. I awe you've toned it down a bit more and although I don't agree with fitting the mold of what people think is okay, I understand why you did it. You've become rather successful and the last few months so you've done it right, just always stay true to you. Thank you for the kind words :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#12 Posted : 10 December 2014 07:46:11(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Vin: This is a great song, Edward. Its inspiring to see that you aren't afraid to really say whats on your mind with your lyrics. Keep fighting the good fight, man
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 14 December 2014 04:59:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;402398]Vin: This is a great song, Edward. Its inspiring to see that you aren't afraid to really say whats on your mind with your lyrics. Keep fighting the good fight, man

Edward: Thank you! As an artist I must be truthful to the people that are listening and this was the truth all the way. Thank you Vin! A true musically inspiration of mine.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 09 March 2015 16:11:38(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Anniken: Love the grimy sound this track has to the smooth lyrics. Amazing. The lyrics are on point, the production is fabulous. For the sake of Alternative music everywhere, keep it up.

Edited by user 09 March 2015 18:40:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified