logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2015 22:39:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”
Artist: Amy Meyer
Release Date: March 07, 2015
Length: 5:03
Recorded: Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre(s): Pop-Rock, Ballad, Acoustic
Label: Kaleidescope Records
Writer: Amy Meyer
Producer(s): Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday” is the fifth solo single from American singer-songwriter ‘Amy Meyer’, it marks another major step in the former Riot! In The Boulevard frontwomans solo career as the build toward her debut album intensifies more as the albums completion is on the horizon. Breaking out into the music industry with an ambitious mentality with her band, the lead singer was always looked upon as the member most likely to break-out on her own and talk of her stepping away from the band and crafting her own career as a solo artist was a constant rumour in the music industry. Meyer however ignored those claims and crafted four albums with her band before they decided to go their seperate ways for a while, still she wasn’t the first to release solo material and her transition from band leader to solo star has been slow and stunted at times as she opted to take her time with her solo album.
However, after months spent in recording studios and even giving up her hands on role at her own record label, she has finally managed to complete the recording and production on her debut album, her four previous singles all likely to feature on the record which is expected to be announced for an April/May release date. Her latest single, is also rumoured to be the title track from the album, with many rumours circulating in recent weeks that the record will be titled, “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”.

This latest single was written in December 2014 while Meyer was back in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada. According to Meyer, re-connecting with places and people from her early teenage years helped inspire the song as she remembered the lost girl that she was back then, the girl that felt love for the first time and had her heart broken for the very first time too and her pride in knowing that she was no longer the lost girl, the pride in the fact that she had found herself when she never truly thought she would. The song was also reportedly written while staying in her childhood home which just enhanced her memories of the younger version of herself.
Reviews for the brand new song have been mostly positive from media, Rolling Stone magazine gave the track a rating of 4/5 and stated, “It may have took the former rock idol a while to find her feet as a solo artist but in her latest offering she channels the classic pop balladeer approach with softer instrumentals and if things continue we could be looking at a next generation Stevie Nicks.” other outlets have noted that after a rocky start to her solo career she may finally be living up to the hype on her own, with Pitchfork stating, “If we’re honest, we want Amy to always be flanked by her two bandmates, but sometimes people just need a little time to discover themselves and express the different sides of their creativity. However, she has created a song that impresses despite her not being with the band and it makes you wonder whether Amy Meyer solo could be a much longer term plan.”

The song begins very softly, acoustically and with a slight country tinge to the instrumental opening. The music does it’s job in setting the tone of the song to begin with, it’s relatively slow-paced and wistful which the songs opening lyrics appear to dictate, “I’ve spent my whole life just searching for that special thing/And I’ve cried a million tears, through the pain of all that heartache brings/Believe me when I say, that I’ve been to the very bottom, thought that there’s no hope for me/And I’ve thought that maybe myself and happiness were just not meant to be.” which gives the feeling of a dreary and somewhat depressing ballad, but surprisingly things perk up after the opening verse and the general tone is one of having faith and belief in things getting better. This is proven by the instrumentals again as the inclusion of a drum beat adds a little more energy to the song and the acoustic guitar has been relegated to faint background noise and replaced by the sound of an electric guitar. To call the song a pop-punk song or a rock song may be pushing things a little too far but pop-rock seems like the perfect description of the song, or perhaps even pop ballad. The instrumental matches the lyrical nature and progression of the song as the positive outlook from the lyrics is mirrored by the energetic instrumental and Amy delivers her vocals with her trademark passion and the music becomes louder and more urgent as it reaches it’s final verse “So I’m here and smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding/Because I’ve discovered that through the pain/Comes brighter days/And you’ve just got to hold tight to see how the story plays.” just showing the cleverness of Amy Meyer as an all-round musician and not just as a songwriter, slowly, she is crafting a solo career for herself.

The song was recorded in January 2015 at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada and was one of the final songs recorded for her debut album of the same name. It was recorded and produced by Amy Meyer and longtime friend and confidante Christian Fallon. The latest track see’s Amy Meyer finally embracing the pop-elements of her career. The single will be released on Saturday 07, March 2015 as a CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single and will be distributed through Kaleidescope Records.

Quote:
“Alright guys and girls, this is the final single that I’m gunna be releasing before the album. I know it feels like it’s been a long time coming, but hey, slow and steady wins the race and all that nonsense. I’m super excited to release this song which is the title track from the album, so there’s an exclusive for all of you people out there.

This song was an interesting one, probably the one song I’ve written since Riot! That has been overwhelmingly real to myself and I felt like it was the perfect final single before the albums release because it showcases a range of feelings that I’ve felt over the past few years and it’s got one of those catchy break-downs that I love to write too. The track in my opinion is about faith and I hope that it can be an inspirational song for people who are maybe feeling a little lost, I know that it was the music I listened to that helped me navigate through the minefields of my youth and I always hope that the music I’ve written can help somebody somewhere.
It’s a slow burner to begin with, the opening verse talks about being at your lowest and feeling like there is no real hope for you to find that eternal happiness that we all so desire from life, but as the first verse progresses I introduce the element of faith, I sing of having belief that there may be a glimmer of hope for me yet.
Then the breakdown that follows is essentially just my message to those feeling that same wave of darkness, I’m trying to encourage my fans to have a little hope that things will get better, from all the songs that I’ve written in my career, which feels like an awful lot these days, I think the breakdown in this song is the one that I’d consider my direct message to my fans.

Then as the song reaches the middle to end, you find the complete positivity. Phrases like “So I’m here and I’m smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding” are the ones that I love the most because it’s overwhelming positivity, it’s about a confidence in yourself and a brand new strength that you find within yourself. Of course I’m not naive enough to believe that just listening to a song is enough to pull you out of the tough times, it’s a case of situations changing and stars aligning but it happens and the hope for me, the only real goal that I have right now as a musician is that maybe with a little luck, some of my songs will be the soundtrack for the good times in peoples lives and you can forget about fame or celebrity status, none of that has ever truly interested me, I believe that music can change lives, heck I believe that music can change the world if done the right way and that’s why we do this. At least it’s why i do this.”
- Amy Meyer

Lyrics

“I’ve spent my whole life just searching for that special thing
And I’ve cried a million tears, through the pain of all that heartache brings
Believe me when I say, that I’ve been to the very bottom, thought that there’s no hope for me
And I’ve thought that maybe myself and happiness were just not meant to be
Restless nights staring at an empty wall
Just hoping that one day the pain would fade away
And there’d be somebody just patiently waiting to catch my fall
And they say out of the darkness comes the brightest of lights
And out of the storm comes the peaceful nights
And if you have hope and faith
Just maybe
You’ll be alright

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
And you’ll find that your smile
Has just been hiding somewhere safe

These days I’ve started believing
And my heart has finally started healing
And now I can see the big hearted girl that I used to be
And I’m smiling at strangers on the street
I’m hearing those old songs with a brand new beat
And I see now
That hope and faith and love
Shines brightly high above
No matter the struggle we’re going through inside
It’s better to open up your soul, take a chance and let people inside

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
Has just been hiding somewhere safe

So I’m here and smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding
Because I’ve discovered that through the pain
Comes brighter days
And you’ve just got to hold tight to see how the story plays
But we may not all have fairytale endings
But you’ll be glad of the journey that you’ve been on
And even when we lose our love
Even when we lose the one
We carry on
With memories along the way
We have seven dreams til’ Sunday

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
Has just been hiding somewhere safe”

Sound Alike

Taylor Swift - All Too Well [Instrumental]

thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 07/03/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/03/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/03/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/03/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/03/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/03/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/03/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 10/03/2015(UTC)
User is suspended until 17/01/2630 04:48:30(UTC) Cherylgibson2  
#2 Posted : 09 March 2015 01:11:50(UTC)
Cherylgibson2

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Amy! Very Nice! The whole artistic direction of the song is marvelous. And the lyrics are very profund! You're so amazing and I hope you never stop believing in yourself!! xoxo

-Cheryl
Hello, my name is Cheryl Gibson, and you can catch my new single "Sands of Time" here: PURCHASE HERE[b]

INFLUENCES: SIA, LADY GAGA, MADONNA, MISSY ELLIOT, BECK, ST VINCENT, LANA DEL REY, NICKI MINAJ, MICHAEL JACKSON,PARAMORE.

CHERYL GIBSONS'S DEBUT STUDIO ALBUM "CUM OVER HERE" IS NOW IN STORES!
thanks 1 user thanked Cherylgibson2 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 09/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2015 12:42:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: Such a consistent performer. I've had the honor to meet and work with you and you never lose footing! This is certainly a top notch record as all your others are. So excited for the new album! Bring it on :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 09/03/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2015 20:02:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Cherylgibson2 Go to Quoted Post
Amy! Very Nice! The whole artistic direction of the song is marvelous. And the lyrics are very profund! You're so amazing and I hope you never stop believing in yourself!! xoxo

-Cheryl

Amy: Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the song! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 09 March 2015 20:06:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: Such a consistent performer. I've had the honor to meet and work with you and you never lose footing! This is certainly a top notch record as all your others are. So excited for the new album! Bring it on :P

Amy: Hahah thank you James I really appreciate the kind words! It's crazy to think that it was three years ago when we collaborated, wonder where all that time went heheh I'm totally looking forward to getting the new album released, can't wait :)