logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#201 Posted : 17 October 2013 09:04:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Great job on this :)

Isabel: I definitely think you guys might have 'Best Album' in the bag ;) I don't know, so many great albums came out, I couldn't choose! It's still so awesome to see you ladies together again!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 17/10/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#202 Posted : 17 October 2013 09:13:34(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica: it is important to be friends with each other if you want longevity. the harlots arent a girl group,per se..but it still applies. people can tell if band members dislike each other. the friendship between nina,chloe and myself is the glue that holds the harlots together.

nina:and making fun of erica's tiny boobs.

erica:and nina's past as a whore.

nina and erica:and abusing chloe.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 17/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#203 Posted : 17 October 2013 09:27:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: LMAO, oh Sophia...what are we gonna do with you? Pleasant interview, never a dull moment with you girls indeed! I'm glad you girls spoke on your longevity though, you girls deserve all the success that has come your way and yes it is still so humbling that I opened for you girls a while back, interesting how time flies by right? The album is great, bought it and I really love the fun vibe with all the other songs and I'm sure the album will rack up a ton of nominations ;) 2 weeks at number one bitcheeeeeeees! *devil horns*

OOC: Nice to see them all together :)

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 18/10/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#204 Posted : 28 November 2014 02:42:50(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

GirlSpice give their first interview together in over a year, in an exclusive chat with E! News about their 2015 world tour and how their new album is coming along.

Welcome back, girls! How does it feel to be all sat here together right now?
Kimberly: We love it, man. We really do, it's always a laugh when we get back together, we've got a lot to look forward to next year.

Sophia: I'm sooo excited for the tour especially, babes! Gonna be super, super fun! Hehe!

Who's idea was it to plan a new tour and why now?
Chantal: Certainly not mine. No, I'm kidding. We all agreed to it, I mean, it'd be pretty stupid to plan a tour if we didn't all agree to it, wouldn't it? It's been a while, so why not?

Nadia: It's been such a long time since the Night Rider Tour happened. When the new one kicks off, it will have been roughly four years since that tour happened, where does the time go? We couldn't keep our fans waiting any longer, they'd kill us!

What about the show itself? Is it going to be a lavish affair or something a bit more simple?
Sophia: Oh, babes. When has a GirlSpice show ever been simple? That's totes not what we're about and we're obviously gonna pull out all the stops! That's what makes it so much fun! Loves it.

Chantal: Costumes, lights, dancers, special effects, you can expect all that as always from our shows. Everyone who comes to a show of ours has the time of their life, even if you don't like our music. It's a massive party and there's so much going on that it's great just to look at and appreciate as a visual spectacle. People who've never been fans walk away as one because of the amount of work we put into our tours. So yeah, have I sold ourselves enough yet? Buy a ticket to the new one. You won't be sorry.

Kimberly and Nadia: What she said. (laughs)

When are you girls going into rehearsals and what are you doing to prepare yourselves?
Kimberly: We don't even know, we basically know as much as everyone else right now. (laughs) We decided on this maybe a month ago and boom, tickets are on sale and we're hitting the road. Probably around April or May though.

Chantal: Lots of gym time for us all over the next few months and cutting back on Christmas food. My son will be 2 next month and my life has been all about looking after him, so I haven't been keeping up with the whole super fit and glam pop star look thing. That'll have to change. Jackson will be so confused when he sees me on stage! I think it'll be cool for him to see what his mama does best.

Speaking of Jackson, how is life for you as a mother now? And are the rest of you girls hoping to have children soon?
Chantal: It's certainly different. Before, it was all about me and doing stuff I wanted to do whenever I wanted. Now, you have to put a little person before your own needs and whatever. I'm a selfish person and a brat, I admit to that, I never thought I'd adapt to such drastic change. But I really have and... soppy time, it's my favourite job in the world.

Kimberly: Babies? Eek, hell no. Like, really, hell no. NO. Auntie Kim is happy to look after Jackson, but I couldn't be a mum. I like having him for an hour or two and being able to give him back, I can't exactly do that with one of my own. (laughs)

Sophia: Awwww! Sooo sweet, Chantal! I'm a mummy to my doggy Fluffy and it's super hard work, babes! Like... sooo hard! But I'm coping!

Chantal: Oh, hun. Just wait till you have the real thing.

Nadia: I used to be so in love with the idea of having kids. The dream husband, white picket fence, la di dah. (laughs) I don't live in the clouds so much anymore. Sure, I'd like kids one day, but I don't see it happening soon and I'm okay with that.

Kimberly: We all saw Nadia becoming the first GirlSpice mama and Chantal would have probably been the last one we would have expected. Life is so damn funny, huh?

Back to your music, surely there's a new album coming alongside this tour?
Sophia: Yes! We're in the studio right now and just taking our time with it, but it will be out before the tour! Fingers crossed!

What can we expect from it? Sound wise, lyric wise?
Nadia: We like each album of ours to be different from the one before, but this time we really want to reinvent ourselves and surprise people. We're women coming into our thirties now and it's time people saw a more mature version of us.

Chantal: I agree. We've got a real legacy behind us of fun pop songs, but we'd love for the public to hear something new from us. Something you'd hear on the radio that'd shock you if you knew it was from us. We don't want to sing about being wild and dancing at parties and drinking shots on this record, because none of us do that. Well, maybe except for Kim.

Kimberly: I've cut down on my alcohol intake, thank you very much. We're definitely going for a more alternative, atmospheric R&B sound so far, it might change, but that's what we're loving right now. Something a little darker and sensual.

Do you girls see yourselves doing this in ten years time? Or will this be one of your final releases as a lot of rumours suggest?
Sophia: Rumours are silly, babes. Like, you should never believe everything you read! Because people are mean and you should take any notice of them!

Chantal: I think it'd be kinda embarrassing to say you're in GirlSpice at age 40, wearing little to nothing while dancing on stage to old pop songs. That's what I fear, so definitely not. No Madonna-style careers for us, I'm afraid.

Kimberly: I think she's right, man. Like, big up Madge and everything, but I think we want to call it a day without over staying our welcome. I don't think this will be our last tour or album, but at the same time, I don't see this happening for much longer. It's cool though, you've got SYNCO and The Dolls out there and I'm sure other girl groups will come along.

Kim and Chantal, I know you two get asked this a lot, but have you changed your minds about putting out music on your own?
Chantal: I'm a mother now, certainly not. It's a bit different when you're doing it together as GirlSpice, but on my own? I just don't have the drive or time for it.

Kimberly: I won't lie, I've had offers that I've had to turn down. It's just not me, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I dunno, I guess I'm just a lost puppy when I'm not in the group.

Sophia: Awww, bless you, Kimmy!

Nadia, you had a massive year with Diamond in the Rough, why was now the right time to be back in GirlSpice?
Nadia: Every album release of my own always makes me miss the girls! So after putting this one out, I kinda knew I was getting that craving again, you know? I kinda live a double life, it's fun to go back and forth and make a variety of different music. But yeah, it's been a crazy year for me, so thank you. I'm really proud of the record I put out and I'm way too nervous to even think about following it up with another album! Thank goodness I can focus on this GirlSpice record without that pressure.

And Sophia too, congratulations on your releases this year, you had both an album and a fragrance. Is your solo career something you want to invest more time in in the future?
Sophia: Awww, you're sweet! Umm, sure, I think that'd be really fun and cool to do. We'll see what happens!

Lastly, to wrap things up, anything you want to say to you fans?
Sophia: Love you all! Mwah!

Nadia: We're nothing without the fans, they've helped us to get to where we are today and we can't thank them enough. I think of them all as friends we just haven't met yet, because I imagine we share a lot of things in common and that we'd get on really well.

Kimberly: You guys rock, thank you for all the support over the years and we hope to see you out on tour next year.

Tickets are on sale now for the GirlSpice 2015 Tour.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/11/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/11/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#205 Posted : 30 November 2014 02:01:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jennifer: Oh, thank god, please don't be like Madonna and tour when you're like 900 years old :P I can't wait for the tour, I'm excited because it sounds like it's gonna be amazing! And yes at another album!!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

GirlSpice on 13/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#206 Posted : 30 November 2014 06:30:39(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: Omg someone pinch me because this simply can't be real! I just can't wait for the new album and tour. You guys are going to slay everyone next year. I'm ready!!!!
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#207 Posted : 30 November 2014 10:23:40(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Daisy: I'm pretty sure I'll be getting some tickets for at least one of these shows. I've always been a bit young to see Girlspice in the past, but this will be amazing!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#208 Posted : 13 January 2015 04:39:40(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

To our devoted fans,

We're writing to you with some news - some good, some bad. As a group, we've always focused on spreading positivity in our music, being a girl group for this long, it's a must that it's always a positive experience when we're together. It's what makes us work and it's what's been the driving force behind our career.

Since our comeback interview on E! News, some things have changed and we feel you should hear it from us first. Kimberly is no longer in GirlSpice, it was a decision made on her own behalf and we respect her wishes to no longer be in the group. While we don't want to focus on the negative side of that and her reasons why, we want to instead focus on celebrating her time with us and all we've achieved together. We love you, girl! We wouldn't be here without you, all the songs you've helped write and your amazing energy in our shows, your talents will surely be missed.

We'd like to confirm that this doesn't change our plans for the tour or our upcoming album. In fact, we've been working on the record day and night recently and we're making incredible progress and can't wait for you all to hear what we're cooking up in the studio. We finished two songs alone yesterday and we think they're hits! ;)

Rehearsals begin early March for the tour and we're all super excited to get to work and show our fans that we're still as strong as ever as three. We love you and thank you for your patience! Not long now...

Nadia, Sophia and Chantal
xx

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 13/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/01/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#209 Posted : 23 April 2015 03:49:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 23 April 2015 04:18:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 23/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 23/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 24/04/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#210 Posted : 30 April 2015 08:30:41(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

COSMOPOLITAN EXCLUSIVE: Chantal Hayes
GirlSpice star speaks on ageism, sexism and returning to the pop scene for the group's tenth studio album.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

How does it feel to be back with the girls, still doing this after so long?
It's always a lot of fun, it's great to sink my teeth into a new project. We've got so much history and the GirlSpice story has been continuing since 2007, that's 8 years and that's a long, long time for a girl group. I think that speaks volume on how dedicated we are and how much impact we've made.

How has being a mother changed life as a popstar?
It definitely slowed me down, I couldn't commit to the group as much as I used to, just like when Nadia and Sophia worked on their own little things. What you don't realise before the little person comes out of you, is that it really is hard work, harder than what you think it's going to be. But we all had other things taking up our time, so the group has had to be put to one side a lot over the past few years, but it's exciting to feel like a popstar again. It's not often I get to call myself that, when you make your child your job, it can feel rather unglamorous a lot of the time. It's nice to step back into some heels and a sexy outfit after so long.

Does Jackson know his mother is part of a world famous pop group?
Jackson turns 3 this year and he's a little ball of energy, always bossing me about, but he's still so young and oblivious to the world. It's adorable. He's never really been old enough to be in the middle of a GirlSpice campaign and realise what's going on, so this time will really be his first insight to that. He was on set of our photoshoot for the new single and he looked so confused, he asked me later that day, "Mama, why you take pictures?" and I had no idea how to explain it to a little boy of that age.

What's one thing you'd let an expecting woman know?
Be prepared to lose your life, or at least life as you know it. It's the biggest and best thing you'll ever do and you need to understand you're going to sacrifice a lot, a lot will change. I know I have, but that's okay, and I've grown so much as a person since. He's taught me a lot about myself.

Moving onto the music, which everyone's been waiting for, what can we expect from the new album?
I know a lot of our fans wanted to see more urban and R&B oriented stuff and we've definitely listened to their suggestions and experimented big time on this record. The first single is just a "hey, we're back" kinda thing, but the record as a whole is extremely different for us, we're excited. It's still very focused on the melody and the hooks, it's very catchy, but a lot more mellow than what people are used to from us, it's a nice summer record to dance, but also chill out to. We're really proud of it, it's by far our best and we've worked on it for so long now that we're really attached to it.

How did you react to Kimberly leaving GirlSpice?
It was very, very unexpected, it came out of nowhere and we were all extremely shocked and confused. But now looking back, we knew she had her own problems and personal demons, which I won't go into. That's her private life. So now I think, actually, it's not that surprising, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. But yes, it definitely threw a huge spanner in the works, we were in the middle of recording and beginning to plan for this huge world tour and we suddenly had to re-record a lot of the songs and figure out how our choreography would work without her. It was a lot to adjust to, but we got there.

As you're the only member without solo music now that Kimberly's left the group, do you feel some sort of pressure to put something out someday?
You know what? I was always so stubbornly against the idea, but I do feel pressure, especially with Kim leaving. I used to be able to find peace in the fact that I wasn't the only one, and now that I am, it's like... I need my own individual music identity. I'm at a stage now where I'd never say never, so many of the fans ask me for it and it's hard to keep saying no, bless them. Who knows? After having a child, I've learnt to never say never. I know the fans want it and the demand is there, it's more about me actually wanting to do it and finding time for that.

How much input have you all had with the new music and how important is that?
We worked on the whole record together and made the changes we needed without Kim together, so we made sure it still had our own identity and everything. At this stage, when you're protecting a brand, you need to take matters into your own hands. It's why this album is so special, because with all our efforts and talents combined, we've really been able to put together something truly incredible.

Do you think as a group that has two members in their thirties, you face a lot more challenges in the pop music industry than younger artists?
I think there's a lot of ageism associated with us, which I think is absolutely ridiculous considering we're what... Sophia is 30, Nadia is 30 and I'm 26? We're hardly Madonna, do you know what I mean? We're women, not prepubescent girls, we own our sexuality and because we're not 18 it makes it okay to shame us? It's a really messed up industry and I think it needs to be spoken about. I hope what we're doing as a group can help other groups like SYNCO, who are great by the way, so that when they get to our age, they can continue being themselves instead of being shamed for it. Sometimes you can't win when you're a female in the industry, SYNCO get shamed because they're apparently too young, we get shamed because we're apparently too old, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Do you think men have it easier in that respect?
Absolutely, they always have, I hope that'll change one day, but it's a slow process, because we live in such an idiotic world where everyone goes on about equality, but we're so far from it it's laughable. The amount of brainless guys that post shirtless selfies on Instagram seems to be on the rise and it's like... why? You don't even look good, you know? Put it away! If a woman were to post a revealing photo of herself and own her sexuality in a similar way, everyone would tear her apart. That's the world we live in, it's always been a priority in GirlSpice to focus on such issues and make sure we're never ashamed to be who we are.

What's the process behind choosing a single like "Strike Up the Band"?
That was the kinda song where we wrote it and we all read it back and thought, "Gosh, did we really just write that?" I think those are the best types of songs though. It's silly, it's fun, it's not meant to be Mozart level music, just a song you can dance to on a night out. We knew it was different and the kinda song only we could pull off as a group, so it was a no brainer. It's not meant to be an accurate representation of the record, so if you're wondering if the album follows that sound, it doesn't. It was just done and put out there for fun.

You've always been considered the outspoken, bold member of GirlSpice, is that really how you are in your day to day life?
Of course, I think it's important to be an honest person, because while being a quiet good girl would get me in a lot less trouble, it's completely fake and not who I am. I don't put on a front to try and appear interesting like Queen Alexis, I just do me. Sometimes it's fun to play up to the villain character, but it's just my sense of humour and a lot of people just don't get it. It's very dry, I guess. That's okay though, if you wanna hate me, I'll hate you right back.

What can fans look forward to for the upcoming tour?
It's going to be a complete extravaganza, a real feast for the eyes and we're all so excited for the fans to see how hard we've been working on the tour. We've got some incredidble opening acts that we're really excited to get to know along the way, and a great team working with us to put on the best show of the year. It'll be worth the wait, that's all I can say without giving too much away. I'd tell you to buy tickets, but they're sold out!

How long can you personally see GirlSpice going for?
I think it's a matter of how long do people want to see GirlSpice around? If no one took any notice of us years ago, obviously we wouldn't still be here, but we are and that's all down to our own hard work and the fans. We don't plan on being the Madonna's of the girl group world, but we will definitely keep doing what we're doing as long as people want us around.

"Strike Up the Band" is available now.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 30/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 30/04/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 30/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#211 Posted : 30 April 2015 09:03:56(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: First off let me just say I honestly have so much love and respect for you and GirlSpice as a whole you've all had such a huge influence on us and we appreciate you so much 8 years is definitely a hell of a long time for any group especially a girl group I think you said it perfectly when you're a female in the industry you're going to get shamed if you start to own your sexuality whether you're young or old and again I have so much respect for you women for keeping it together people don't realize how difficult it is to be in a group first you've got the bandmates who in all honesty you aren't always getting along with I mean I love all of my bandmates but there are times that each of us just need our own time and if we don't get that we tend to lash out at each other I'm sure every group goes through that but when you're a girl group you're dealing with that and with the media constantly looking down on you for expressing some sexuality in your music or choreography then there's that as well the fact that you have to get this choreography done and have to get it done perfectly along with the harmonies people don't realize that it's not always easy or as glamorous as they may think there are tough parts with being in a group especially a girl group I also love the fact that you guys were able to pull it together and get so much done after a member dropped out I remember one time Layla was in the hospital so we had to go on without her it was probably the most difficult performance because one you're worrying about a friend hell not even a friend a sister and then at the same time you have to worry about the choreography and who gets what parts and how the harmonies are gonna sound anyway what I'm trying to say with this long ass comment is I have so much respect for all of you which I did say a million times already and I love you so much as people and as a group you're all incredibly strong women and I cannot wait to hear more of your new music

ooc: Sorry for that extremely long comment lol anyway I really enjoyed reading the interview your RP's are always on point tbh lol great job :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 30/04/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#212 Posted : 30 April 2015 09:14:58(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alex: First off let me just say I honestly have so much love and respect for you and GirlSpice as a whole you've all had such a huge influence on us and we appreciate you so much 8 years is definitely a hell of a long time for any group especially a girl group I think you said it perfectly when you're a female in the industry you're going to get shamed if you start to own your sexuality whether you're young or old and again I have so much respect for you women for keeping it together people don't realize how difficult it is to be in a group first you've got the bandmates who in all honesty you aren't always getting along with I mean I love all of my bandmates but there are times that each of us just need our own time and if we don't get that we tend to lash out at each other I'm sure every group goes through that but when you're a girl group you're dealing with that and with the media constantly looking down on you for expressing some sexuality in your music or choreography then there's that as well the fact that you have to get this choreography done and have to get it done perfectly along with the harmonies people don't realize that it's not always easy or as glamorous as they may think there are tough parts with being in a group especially a girl group I also love the fact that you guys were able to pull it together and get so much done after a member dropped out I remember one time Layla was in the hospital so we had to go on without her it was probably the most difficult performance because one you're worrying about a friend hell not even a friend a sister and then at the same time you have to worry about the choreography and who gets what parts and how the harmonies are gonna sound anyway what I'm trying to say with this long ass comment is I have so much respect for all of you which I did say a million times already and I love you so much as people and as a group you're all incredibly strong women and I cannot wait to hear more of your new music

ooc: Sorry for that extremely long comment lol anyway I really enjoyed reading the interview your RP's are always on point tbh lol great job :)

Chantal: Girl, you think I've got all day or something? I could have made myself a meal, had a shower and finished an entire season of The Walking Dead in the time you took to say that, ha. Your words are spot on, it can be extremely gruelling, I'd say we have one of the hardest jobs in the biz.

OOC: That was adorable hahah, thank you. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 30/04/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#213 Posted : 30 April 2015 12:17:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jennifer: Always been a fan and supporter of GirlSpice. I think people just aren't comfortable with women being sexy without being some kind of prostitute or something. I've always commended you ladies because although the sex appeal is there, there's also talent and you're not just feeding off of one and not the other. Its clear you women will be around for a long time because, I mean look at what you've accomplished so far? There's always going to be criticism over women and guys too for being comfortable with themselves enough to show some skin or talk about provocative things but I love that that's not ALL you do, you're so much more than that.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#214 Posted : 30 April 2015 13:21:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica: woman spice just doesn't have the same ring as girl spice...which I'm still convinced means something dirty. I totally agree,guys need to keep their damned shorts on. Nobody wants to see a willy. Very few are actually pretty enough to warrant being out in the daylight,standing tall and proud....

Nina: she said shirt,love.

Erica...I stand by what I said,nina. Nipples are cute...usually. Unless they are really long,like four inches or so.

Nina: ah yes,your failed "nipple measuring chart kit".

Erica: id hardly call sales northward of 2 a failure.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline genocidal king  
#215 Posted : 30 April 2015 17:47:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: I'm glad you're back, because every time SYNCO, who I assume are your successors, blink, I just want to shoot them in their collective smug face, to be honest. At least you've got reason to be well sure of yourself. I always liked you the most out of all the folk in GirlSpice to be honest. Nadia Berry was the hot one, but you've always been the one with the real balls to just say shit. Gotta respect that. Good to see you in't dropped that ability to just be open and honest an' all. Crack on, pal.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#216 Posted : 02 May 2015 20:31:22(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 03 May 2015 08:56:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 03/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#217 Posted : 03 May 2015 00:05:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erica: i know what im getting taki chan! she is so messy,she needs a new bib. seriously. if it could be done without killing her,id have that kid teflon coated.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
GirlSpice on 03/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#218 Posted : 05 May 2015 07:07:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

GirlSpice launch the second official single "Good Lookin'", taken from their upcoming tenth studio album Crown which is released worldwide in just two weeks time. The unexpectedly soon release date on top of several quick-fire single releases is an unusual release strategy, and more importantly, an incredibly risky one for a group that's a member down and have been away for so long, but the girls seem confident regarding their decisions and their music. "I think the music industry is changing and we're deciding to change with it, I think it's an important part as to why we're still here," Nadia states. "Waiting months on end for an album is unnecessary and quite frankly boring for the fans. It's incredibly old-fashioned in the fast-paced, digital world that we live in and it's time us artists started meeting demand sooner," she adds, clearly a woman with a lot of business sense and experience with labels. "Perhaps things would be different if we weren't so proud of this new album, but we know we've made a great record and the most important thing is that our fans enjoy it as much as we do, which is why we're putting it out there as soon as we can." With a worldwide tour drawing closer, it must be a relief for GS fans who can now at least learn all the words from the new album before watching the girls perform it live.

In comparison to previous single release "Strike Up the Band", "Good Lookin'" is much more radio-friendly and mainstream with playful, fun lyrics that you could sing along to without worrying too much about the subject matter. We're not sure if this is the most "urban" the girls are going to get on the record with its electro-hop inspired sound, but it's definitely a step closer to that promised direction compared to the album's first single, which may have not been to everyone's taste. Sophia's sugary sweet pop-perfect vocals aren't nearly as present here in comparison, in fact they're almost non-existent, as Chantal takes the lead on this track. The singer, who's GirlSpice's only to not go solo, delivers charismatic, feisty vocals drenched in attitude throughout the song's opening verse as she sings "Don't wanna hear the same old lines / I've heard 'em a thousand times". It's not only perfect because of how it's sung, but the lyrics are amusingly suitable for GirlSpice's most bold, outspoken member. While the chanted chorus features the entire group's vocals, Nadia's are arguably the most audible, which comes as no surprise as she, just like Sophia, has a small part to play in the song. For those who have been craving solo music from Chantal, this may be the closest we've ever been to it and thankfully, it's a catchy earworm of a track that's true to GirlSpice's discography.

Check the brand new single out below and stay alert for more unexpected GirlSpice releases in the coming week.

"Good Lookin'"

Nadia
Sophia
Chantal

Sounds like:

Don't wanna hear the same old lines
I've heard 'em a thousand times
Sat up at the bar, but he wants to go dancin'
Some quick old fashioned romancin'
I've heard it all, I've seen the moves
But there's something about you I don't wanna lose

They say they're all the same
But he's got style and game

Keeps giving me the eye and I can't lie
You got that look that I just can't deny

No, it don't matter what we're doin'
When you're that good lookin'
Now he's lookin', lookin', lookin' my way
And I get the feelin' you're gonna make my day
So come and holler if you wanna
We'll create a lot of drama
They'll all be lookin', lookin', lookin' our way
And damn, we're good lookin' today

Boy, I don't wanna see you play it so coy
I'd rather be in your hands just like a toy
Get down on the floor, what you waiting for?
We'll be riding this night until the wheels fall off
I've got a past that I'm willing to forget
No more playing hard to get
So let's get lost in the promise of having no regrets

They say they're all the same
But I gotta know his name

Keeps giving me the eye and I can't lie
You got that look that I just can't deny

Lookin', lookin', lookin', what you lookin' at?
That's what he says, but I can't look away
If I take the bait, will you bite back?
Makes me wanna ask if you feel the same
Now I'm waitin', waitin', waitin' all day
For you to come and hit me, hit me up
(up, up, up)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 11 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 05/05/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 05/05/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 05/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 05/05/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 05/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 06/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 07/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#219 Posted : 05 May 2015 09:00:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Dustyn: Ladies, you needs to stop slaying me with these songs! Only just recovered from hearing Strike Up The Band and then you hit me with this? Starting to thinks that you just want me dead now :( Thank God the healthcare is free in this country because I sure is going to need it when the album drops!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 05/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#220 Posted : 05 May 2015 23:42:48(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Oh my god no how dare you what are you trying to do here what is this madness how dare you do this to me again I'm a good person I don't deserve this much slayage in such a short time period

Naomi: Yesss bring urban spice into my life I need this

Jamie: Crying at the moment I already told you all how much I love you I don't have to anymore just know I'm dead

Edited by user 05 May 2015 23:51:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 06/05/2015(UTC)