logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2015 05:48:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Obsession”
Genre: Drama
Created by: Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon
Starring: Elise Logan, Derek Ramirez, Isabel Merjos, Alex Grey, Jake Baskett
Country of Origin: United States
Language(s): English
Platform: Netflix
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 13
Exec. Producer(s): Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon, Jake Wilson
Director(s): Jake Wilson
Writer(s): Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon
Running Time: 45 Minutes

“Obsession” is an American drama series created and written by Cara Zayn and Christian Fallon. Described as a drama with a dark undertone, the show is based around a group of college friends. The series will be broadcast exclusively on Netflix worldwide for a thirteen episode debut season, with filming set to begin around May and is set to premiere it’s pilot episode later in the summer. On March 15, 2015 it was confirmed that Jake Wilson would be the primary director for the series with the trio of Cara Zayn, Christian Fallon and Jake Wilson as executive producers for the series.
The following day on March 16, 2015 the main cast was announced via the official website, with Elise Logan taking on the role of Lydia Quinn, Derek Ramirez taking on the role of Tom Higgins, Isabel Merjos portraying Maya Gutierrez, Alex Grey playing the part of Lily Ruben and Jake Baskett set to portray Alexander Holmes during the show's first season.

Synopsis;

TBC

Characters;

Main Cast
(set to appear in every episode)

Elise Logan as Lydia Quinn
Derek Ramirez as Tom Higgins
Isabel Merjos as Maya Gutierrez
Alex Grey as Lily Ruben
Jake Baskett as Alexander Holmes

Recurring Characters/Guest Stars

TBA

Soundtracks;

TBA

>> THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION <<

Edited by user 23 October 2016 00:44:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 13 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 15/03/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/03/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/03/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/03/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/03/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/03/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/03/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 15/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 15/03/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/03/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/08/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 07/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2015 19:35:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

LYDIA QUINN (ELISE LOGAN)

UserPostedImage

MAYA GUTIERREZ (ISABEL MERJOS)

UserPostedImage

TOM HIGGINS (DEREK RAMIREZ)

UserPostedImage

LILY RUBEN (ALEX GREY)

UserPostedImage

ALEXANDER HOLMES (JAKE BASKETT)

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/03/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 16/03/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 16/03/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/03/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 24/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 16/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/08/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 07/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 31 August 2015 20:31:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Season 1, Episode 1 - “Obsession”

UserPostedImage

“It’s not that I don’t like this place mom, we could move to f*cking Hawaii and I’d still be pissed at you” - Maya

“Hey, I’m Lily Ruben. You’re the new girl? I know what you’re thinking, you’ve seen this movie before, right? You start off angry at having to move to a new town but then you meet a cute guy and this shitty town feels a little less shitty. I don’t mean to be glass-half-empty or whatever, but there’s no guy here that can make this place less shitty.” - Lily

“College is the same wherever you’re from, Maya. You’ve got a couple of people who have it all figured out and the rest of us? Well we’re just here because we’ve got nowhere else better to be and besides we like listening to the drama. See that’s the thing about a small town, you get to know everybodies dirty little secrets. And the funny thing is, the prudes? They’re the dirtiest.” - Lydia

“You know, for a California girl, you seem awfully normal.” - Alexander

The Gutierrez family move into a small suburban town called Litchfield in Illinois, it’s a major change for their teenage daughter Maya who has spent her entire life growing up in San Francisco. Leaving her friends and everything she’s ever known behind has had an effect on her mood and attitude towards her parents, as they enter their new home for the first time Maya feels nothing, her parents spend the weekend making their daughters bedroom feel familiar in an attempt to pick up Maya’s spirit, to no avail as Maya remains upset and frustrated at this recent upheaval.
With an old sweater and her headphones on, Maya takes a walk in order to explore the “nothingness of this ghost town”, her parents discuss what they can do to get their daughter on board with this recent move, but appear to be out of ideas. While Maya wanders the cold and damp streets of Litchfield listening to her emotive alternative rock music, a band by the name of Broken Veils to be exact, she feels empty and emotionless to this new town, there is nothing here of interest or so it appears.
Later as Maya returns home, we see her attempting to pretend to be happy around her parents as she sees how it’s making them feel sad and noticing how much they’re both trying, Maya attempts to get things back to normal, movie night and going out for pizza with her parents, but they just serve to remind her of the simple things she misses from back home. Her parents assure her it’ll be alright when she starts college and she makes some new friends, this doesn’t help the situation as Maya dreads the thought of being the ‘new-kid’ from the big city.

As the weekend ends she prepares to face her first day at college, she puts on a brave face and uses sarcasm as a defence mechanism while dealing with the high level of attention that new students often face. Fellow student Lily Ruben watches from afar and is well aware of the difficulties of fitting into a new and unfamiliar environment. During a free period, Lily spots Maya wandering around the lot aimlessly and decides to introduce herself, immediately their is a common ground between the pair, the way that they talk about college and people and life in general, it becomes clear that they have similar attitudes. Lily offers Maya the chance to hang out with a couple of her friends, Tom and Lydia which Maya finally agrees to after a couple of moments of hesitation.
Lily takes Maya around to the other end of the campus, beyond the football field and near a wooded fenced off area, it appears to be an area that Lily and friends have chosen because it’s out of the way and appears to be frequented by this small group. We find Tom, an attractive and athletic looking guy chatting to Lydia a small and unique looking girl, as Lily shouts “hey jackasses” they both turn their heads toward Lily and smile as she walks over, Lydia gives a tight hug and Tom looks at Maya and then back at Lily before she introduces the new girl. Lydia and Lily light up a cigarette, offering one to both Tom and Maya who both decline, the group continue to get to know each other.

The four part ways as they begin their next classes, Lily and Lydia make their way to their English Lit class while Tom skips out for the day, Maya wanders the hallways while she tries to find her next class, sociology. She eventually finds it and wanders in a little late, once again her teacher introduces the new girl and once again she has to go through the same routine, she makes the same jokes about the difference between San Francisco and Litchfield, Illinois before being paired with another student by the name of Alexander. He introduces himself and is a lot more well spoken than anybody else that she’s spoken to in Litchfield so far, the pair work together in their sociology class and are therefore paired together for the next three months on a project. They appear to get along relatively well as Alex clues her in on the town and the people to avoid and the various stories from the years.
As the class ends and the first day of college is over, Maya is spotted in the car park by Lydia who catches her attention, signalling for Maya to come over to her, Lydia stubs out her cigarette and invites Maya to hang out with her. Maya reluctantly agrees, after all she figures being in this boring town will be a little easier if she makes some friends.

Lydia drives Maya back to her house, it’s a tiny little two bedroom house by a filthy looking lake, “welcome to the f*cking swamps” Lydia says light-heartedly, they talk and drink some of Lydia’s fathers beer. Maya asks where Lydia’s parents are and she explains that her mom isn’t around and that her father works late, they continue to chat before they’re joined by Lily and Tom. The four of them continue to get to know each other and appear to enjoy each others company as a group of misfits while they’re sat drinking on the front porch. Maya’s phone buzzes with a call from her mom which she doesn’t answer as the episode ends.

OOC: Sorry that it's taken forever to start this! I can't promise that I'll stick to a new episode each week sort of timeframe, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this enough.
thanks 14 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 31/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 31/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 31/08/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 01/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/09/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 01/09/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/09/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 07/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 06/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2015 22:44:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Season 1, Episode 2 - “Days Spent In The Dark”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

“This is a pretty small town. People are gonna talk about you, it’s up to you to not let them get to you” - Alexander

“But don’t you see, I don’t want to be the girl with the past, I don’t want to be the new girl, I just wanna get on with my life, I just wanna try to survive in this world” - Maya

“Tom, you think you’re untouchable because you know everybodies secrets. But I promise you this, and I know that you know this for a fact. You try that sh*t with me and I will f*ck you up.” - Lily

“Hey, did you see Maya and Alex in there? You think they f*cked? I think we may have miss-judged the new girl. We gotta be careful with this one.” - Lydia

“Mom, dad. I’m sorry okay. I’m sorry that I’ve been a miserable b*tch since we moved here, I’m sorry that I messed things up, I’m sorry that I can’t fix things as easily as I broke them. I’m just sorry for it all.” - Maya

Maya begins to get used to her new surroundings in Litchfield but questions start getting asked about her life back in San Francisco, rumours about why her family moved from a big city to a tiny Chicago suburb start to circulate. A bitter former friend makes a comment on twitter warning people to be careful trusting Maya using the hash tag wolf in sheeps clothing. Seen by students and friends at college this begins to fuel the rumours even more, with people guessing all kinds of scenarios that Maya may have been involved in back in San Francisco. An altercation with one student leaves Maya in trouble which surprises everybody.
Alexander takes Maya to one side after class in an attempt to get to know Maya and figure out what she could possibly have done back in California, but to no avail. However it does appear that he’s started to break down a wall that Maya appears to have built around herself, a friendship begins to form between Alexander and Maya.

Lily and Lydia decide that a night together with Maya is needed and the trio decide to throw a little gathering between the three at Lydia’s parents house. Alcohol and awkward singing and dancing is the perfect remedy for the group and the plan to take Maya’s mind off of everything seems to be working until a heart to heart between the girls leaves Maya feeling like she may have shared too much. In an attempt to show Maya that everybody has their issues both Lily and Lydia decide to open up and share some things about themselves. A drunken phone call to Tom and Alexander may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but when the guys come over, things quickly start to change and an old argument from the past resurfaces between both Lily and Tom which then leads Lydia, Maya and Alex left drinking outside, Maya and Alex appear to bond even more, sensing this Lydia decides to call it a night and head back inside and up to her room amidst the argument between Lily and Tom.
As Lily and Tom continue to argue he informs Lily that he wouldn’t have any problem in letting the world know her dirty little secret, this seems to silence Lily for a moment before she kicks Tom out of the house and send him home. Lily then follows Lydia upstairs and the pair share a heart to heart before falling asleep. While Maya and Alex spend the evening chatting outside, she almost explains to Alex why her family moved towns and why her old friend from San Francisco said the things she did on twitter but manages to stop herself.

The next morning Lydia walks downstairs to find Maya and Alex crashed out on the sofa together, she steps outside for a cigarette and is joined by Lily who already happened to be out there, the two talk about what happened between Maya and Alex last night and begin to question whether Maya is really the person they thought she was, they both seem to agree that they may have been fooled by her sweet girl appearance and that there’s some big dark secret that Maya is keeping from everybody and that they both plan on finding out what it is. It becomes clear that everybody has secrets in this small town.
Later that weekend Maya heads back home and sits with her mom and dad who appear to be sad, she says a couple of re-assuring words to them and apologized for how she’s been since they moved before heading upstairs to her room. She sits on her bed and stairs at a photograph of a teenage boy as a couple of tears fall onto the polaroid.

OOC: Sorry that it's a bit shorter and kind of goes off from the theme and stuff. I'm not good at following a story, so it may not make much sense but I'm just kind of winging it, sooo if it sucks then it sucks! :)
thanks 13 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 06/09/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/09/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 07/09/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/09/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/09/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 07/09/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 07/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/09/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 07/09/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 06/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 06 October 2015 05:47:49(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: First off, I am in love with the way you layed this out! LOL This series so far in it's entirety was just perfectly executed, you are really doing such a great job on this! I hope you come out with E3 soon because this is the best thing to be posted on this forum in the while lol.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 06/10/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2016 21:34:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Season 1, Episode 3 – “What I’ve Become”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

“You’re a f*cking psychopath, kid”Tom

“So come on Maya, what really happened last night? You can’t tell me that Alexander ain’t the reason for your smile. Clearly my girl got some action. How was he?”Lydia

“Hey, Lily. Listen. Whatever it is that you guys are hiding. Just know that I’m here if you need to talk. I don’t judge, believe me. None of us have any right to judge anybody.”Maya

“Alright, so you wanna know what it is. Fine. We’re fighting because about three months ago we started messing around. I know we’re dumb as f*ck, but she got pregnant and decided to have an abortion. I’m not angry that she had an abortion, I’m angry that she didn't talk to me about it.”Tom

“So … you gonna f*ck me or not?”Lily

It’s the Monday morning following the weekend spent with Lily, Lydia and Tom and despite emotions running high over that weekend and Maya feeling sad when returning home, she is seen reading a message on her iPhone and a big smile is spread across her face. She’s in her room listening to music and dancing while getting herself ready for school, she hurries downstairs after she has gotten dressed for college and her parents acknowledge that she’s a lot happier than she has been since moving to Litchfield, they question why she’s so suddenly happy but Maya dodges the question. As Maya leaves the house, her parents begin talking about her and seem positive that their child may be turning a corner after a rough 12 months.
As Maya arrives at school, she is immediately greeted by Lily and Lydia at the entrance, they question what really happened over the weekend, but Maya remains tight lipped and changes the subject, enquiring what the argument between Lily and Tom was all about, Lily shrugs it off as just another argument between them while Lydia describes Tom as a bit of a dick. The trio laugh it off and make their way towards their first classes together.

Mid-way through the day, Maya and Lydia are walking through the hallways chatting, as they arrive outside they hear lots of screaming and cheering, as they make their way across to the canteen. A fight has broken out between Lily and Tom, as she’s throwing her fists towards him, he’s shouting back at her and trying to shield his face from her wayward punches. Maya and Lydia rush over towards the scene and moments later Lily is restrained by a teacher and ushered back inside the building and Alexander is seen ushering Tom away from the scene of the fight, as everything appears to settle down on the outside, Alexander glances over towards Maya and gives her a warm smile which in turn gives her a huge involuntary smile across her face. Clearly he’s the reason why she’s suddenly happy, but what did actually happen between them over the weekend?
Meanwhile as Lily is taken inside, she’s been told to get her belongings and is sent home. Full of rage, she makes her way down the hallways of the college and vandalises Tom’s locker, she leaves it dented and broken and marches out of the building towards the exit. As she heads out of the college Lydia and Maya catch up to her. She spews out harsh words about Tom and lights a cigarette, Maya and Lydia attempt to calm her down but to no avail as Lily walks away. Maya and Lydia contemplate going after her but figure she needs to cool down on her own and the pair make their way back inside.

Later in the evening, Maya and Lydia are hanging out at home, they’ve tried texting and calling Lily but have no response. The scene cuts to Lily entering a bar, using a fake ID and drinking heavily as it cuts through a couple of hours in a flash forward it shows Lily gradually becoming more and more drunk. She’s flirting with a guy throughout the evening and the pair are then seen making out, another flash forward is seen as the pair become more passionate and they hurry out of the bar, Lily grabs the guys hand and leads him down an alleyway, she pushes him against a wall and as they begin kissing again she grabs his crotch and bites her lip seductively, she then jumps a little and wraps her legs around his waist, lifting her skirt slightly the pair begin a passionate sex scene.
We then cut to Lydia and Maya talking to Alexander and Tom discussing how they’re starting to get worried about Lily’s behaviour, they pose the question of why Lily and Tom keep fighting and after a few moments, he finally gives in and explains that Lily and Tom have been fooling around for a while now and that they recently found out Lily was pregnant, something she didn’t want, therefore leading her to have an abortion, a decision she made alone and one that Tom was not happy with.
As the episode comes to its end, it closes on Lily and the stranger from the bar continuing to fool around.
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 30/05/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 30/05/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/05/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/05/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 31/05/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 23 October 2016 00:44:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Season 1, Episode 4 – “So Pretty; So Lonely”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

“She’s been through a lot of shit recently, I just feel like she needs somebody to put their arms around her and make sure she knows that there’s people that are actually looking out for her. Because god knows, her asshole parents aren’t.” – Lydia

“I find it difficult to let myself be completely free these days. I find myself protecting my heart way more than I should and I’ve noticed that I’ve been missing out on a lot of happiness lately. I just want to be okay again.” – Maya

“Look, nobody’s perfect. We’ve all messed up one way or another, it’s hard to let yourself be vulnerable when you’ve been hurt before. But believe me, you’re not the only person to feel the way that you do. We all have dark times in our lives when it feels like nothing can fix you. But you’ve just got to find a way to keep that belief because it does get better. It takes time and a lot of hard work but it does.” – Alexander

As the fourth episode begins, we see Maya getting ready for school, she’s listening to her music as she gets ready, dancing in the mirror and seeming quite happy. Maybe all of the trouble and drama of the past twelve months are starting to pass and her scars are beginning to heal. At least that’s how she feels right now. As she finishes getting ready, she heads downstairs and shouts her goodbye’s to her parents as she leaves the house. Both her mom and dad look at each other and smile a little as they both feel like they’re starting to see shades of Maya before the incident. They feel like a weight has lifted from their shoulders since moving out to Litchfield.
Maya meets her friends Lydia and Tom down the street and begin to make their way towards school. Lydia asks whether they’ve heard from Lily since yesterday afternoon. None of them have had responses to any phone calls or texts, they ponder whether they should be concerned but figure that she just needs a bit of space.

The screen then cuts to Lily, she’s getting out of bed wearing just a t-shirt. She looks over at the bed and places her palm on her head as she suffers from the after effect of the alcohol that she had been drinking before. She scrambles around the bedroom floor, picking up items of her clothing before quietly leaving the room. Not entirely sure where she is, she has vague memories of last night and hurriedly gets ready in the living room before rushing out of the building. She checks her phone, it’s on 11% battery and her lock screen shows a number of messages from Maya, Lydia, Tom and Alexander. She sighs and searches around in her pocket for her cigarettes, she leans against the wall of the home she’s just left and takes a drag of her cigarette, blowing out smoke into the cool morning air as she checks her GPS on her phone and quickly calls a cab.

It’s around lunch time when Lily arrives at the school, immediately heading beyond the football field to the small area that she and her friends often gather. She leans against the fence looking worried about what she’s done, her phone goes off a couple of times and it appears to be from the guy that she was with last night, the first text reads, “Why’d you leave so early, this morning?” and another, “Last night was fun, let me know when you wanna hang again.” She ignores the messages and places her phone in her pocket while she waits for her friends. Shortly after, Lydia arrives and immediately questions what Lily got up to after the fight yesterday. She makes up an excuse and Lydia quickly see’s through it. Lily explains what she did last night and says that she’s worries she may “go crazy again.”
Lydia reassures Lily and explains that if she ever feels herself on the verge of drinking or do anything stupid like that, she give her a call and she’ll come get her. The lifelong friends share a moment and it becomes clear that Lydia has always been somewhat of a saviour for Lily.

Later that evening, Maya and Alexander are hanging out by the harbour. Tired of keep denying that they’re interested in each other the two have a serious conversation about their relationship, acknowledge that they’re both attracted to each other, they begin talking vaguely about their past which shows both of them as vulnerable and having something that haunts them. They share a kiss just before the end credits roll.
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/10/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/10/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/10/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 23/10/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/10/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 31 October 2016 04:34:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Andrew, you've really done a great job formulating this series and playing it out as well. Each of the episode writings may not be monologues but they're so descriptive and informing that it makes it easy to picture the episode and it's initial plot. I also like the character development between Maya and Alexander. Can't wait to read what happens next ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 31/10/2016(UTC)