logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2015 01:50:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Wildflowers”
Artist: Brandon Caulfield & The Birds of Sorrow
Release Date: December 6, 2015
Recorded: September – November, 2015 – Blackbird Studios, Nashville, Tennessee
Genres: Alternative Rock, Americana, Country, Folk
Length: 63:44
Label: Independent
Producer(s): Brandon Caulfield

“Wildflowers” is the title of the fifth studio album by American singer-songwriter ‘Brandon Caulfield’, it also marks his first official release with his band ‘The Birds of Sorrow’. It will also signal Caulfield’s return to the industry having not release a new record since his previous effort “Some Roads Lead to Nowhere” which was released in December 2013. The unannounced hiatus from the music industry has been due to a number of different reasons, firstly the birth of his children, twins Caleb and Charlotte and more recently it was announced that Caulfield has been suffering from Meniere’s disease for almost a year, making it difficult for Caulfield to continue onwards with his music career with spells of vertigo and sickness. He has spent the past year mostly at his home in California rehabilitating in order to be able to better cope with those issues which he appears to have finally managed to resolve. In early September he assembled a group of longtime friends and collaborators and begun working on what would become the debut album from his ensemble under the title of “Brandon Caulfield & The Birds of Sorrow”, an album that has long been expected by his fanbase.

Taking such an extended break from releasing new music could been seen as a risky move for Caulfield as with his last studio album “Some Roads Lead to Nowhere” and the one before that, “Tales from the Heartlands” had seen Caulfield finally move up into the higher echelons of the music industry, with both of those records becoming hits, spawning seven top five singles and after a career which started slow and took a while to take off, he finally begun reaping the rewards of his hard work. However with such a long break, it’s thought that Caulfield may have found himself back to where he was prior to those albums and may have to work once again to find himself in the upper echelons of the music industry once more.
The album “Wildflowers” was written throughout 2015 primarily by Brandon Caulfield and co-vocalist Alexia Quinn, it’s the first time of note that Caulfield has shared songwriting and vocal duties during his career, opting to share the spotlight with the young up and coming country singer Alexia Quinn, whom Caulfield had discovered and initially hired as a session musician and backing vocalist for his last studio album in 2013. She has yet to make a name for herself in the music industry, having created a very small and brief amount of buzz online with a YouTube clip of her performing one of her own songs, it’s thought that the release of this album could be a catalyst for her own music career to possibly take off in the near future.

The album was recorded between September and November 2015 at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, Tennessee. Upon the recording of the album, Caulfield assembled his band to his barn in Southern California where they rehearsed the songs together for a couple of weeks in order to make sure that the material was fully ready to be recorded. His main aim with the new music and the inclusion of a supporting band was to create a “true country record”, which is something he had always had dreams of doing, despite his genre naturally being considered somewhere along the lines of alternative rock. It was when he released “Tales from the Heartland” where he truly discovered that he could possibly make a career out of writing Americana and Country themed songs and although he has weaved in and out of those genre’s for his last two records he wanted to really push those genre’s to the forefront of what he was doing.
According to a recent interview, Caulfield described what it was that he wanted to achieve with this new music, “I had always been a fan of the classic outlaw country artists from back in the day. The Willie Nelsons, Johnny Cash’s and Waylon Jennings. Of course rock music was always where my main inspiration came from as a musician, the likes of Springsteen and Tom Petty and as I listened more to their music, I saw the influence that country music clearly had on their work. I’ve always been fascinated with that Americana thing, not just when it comes to music, but the classic cowboy movies or novels from the likes of John Steinbeck and as I started to get older I’ve taken a deeper interest in the history of the country and I find myself fascinated by stories of the Dust Bowl and how this country came to be. So when it came to writing a new record, I knew instantly that I wanted to make a true Country and Americana record but one that comes from a modern perspective, whether or not we’ve managed to achieve that will remain to be seen.”

The album will be released independently on December 6, 2015.

Track listing;

1. The Fine Art of Growing Old (4:56)
2. Not Over Yet (5:19)
3. My Kingdom Come (3:07)
4. Lion’s Den (4:22)
5. True Humanity (4:13)
6. We’ll All Find Our Way (4:27)
7. Ain’t Giving Up Now (3:18)
8. From Dust to Ember (3:39)
9. Wherever I May Lay My Head (4:27)
10. Bird of Sorrow (4:52)
11. Down In The Valley Below (3:49)
12. I’m No Good For You, You’re No Good For Me (4:11)
13. It’s Time For You To Go (4:32)
14. No More Cryin’ (3:02)
15. We’re So Much Older Now (4:17)
16. Wildflowers (3:53)

Personnel;

Brandon Caulfield – vocals, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, slide-guitar, piano, drums and percussion, lyrics, composition, production
Alexia Quinn – vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, strings, lyrics, composition, production
Flynn McCarthy - guitar, drums, mandolin, fiddle, backing vocals
Dylan O’Connor – drums, percussion, mandolin, glockenspiel
Sarah Jade Harrison – cello, bass, percussion, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Avery Wyatt – lead guitar, pedal-steel guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/11/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 23/11/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/11/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/11/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 23 November 2015 02:38:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

It's been a little while since the last studio album, intentionally or unintentionally. But sometimes a little bit of time away from something is the best possible thing. I’ve spent the best part of the past two years at home in California with my wife and two twin kids Caleb and Charlotte and it’s been the without doubt the best two years of my life. Of course music means the world to me, it’s the only thing I ever thought I was capable of doing and I will never be able to shake that bug. But becoming a father and being given that freedom to actually be at home regularly and truly be there to see my children grow up is the greatest thing.
It was never the plan, there was always the intention to make another record and do a bunch of tours, but shortly after the release of my last studio album “Some Roads Lead to Nowhere” I didn’t feel right, later it was discovered that I’d been suffering from Meniere’s which is a bit of a weird one, it’s debilitating in one sense, I mean especially with being in the line of work that I’m in, where a single flash of a camera can result in me collapsing to the floor. Thankfully there are ways that you can train your body to cope with certain elements of this disease and it would appear that I’m doing okay as of right now, things are moving positively in that direction and so much so that I’ve managed to find the time to write and record a new record with a bunch of friends.

For as long as I can remember, I’d always had a love of rock music. I’ve stated plenty of times that the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty are two of the biggest influences on my music career. But I’d always been intrigued with country music, even as a small child, the first lasting music image that I can remember is that of Willie Nelson standing on stage with a bunch of musicians, a red bandana wrapped around his forehead and just this incredible aura about him. That’s not just my first memory of country music but it’s my first memory of music. I guess in the back of my mind, country music has always been something that’s been there.
It wasn’t until the release of “Tales From the Heartlands” where I began to explore that genre a little and I discovered that I was capable of moving into that style of music and exploring that a little more, ever since then, I have always wanted to create a real country record that speaks for our modern times and something topical. I feel the need to make it clear that this is not a record about pickup trucks and farmers daughters, but I hope that you are able to see the country influences that I see within this record.

It’s an interesting change of pace for me as a musician, it’ll be the first time that I share centre stage with another artist, young Alexia Quinn has such a perfect Nashville tone and with that soft and raspy sound I think you’ll fall in love with her voice in the same way that myself and everybody else on the record has. We wrote a large portion of these songs together, I think there’s three tracks which I wrote on my own, but the rest were written by myself along with Alexia and I think it helps the tone of the album and creates a balance that feels a lot more natural than it would if I had written the parts for her. I don’t consider myself a songwriter in the sense that I’m capable of writing for people, I don’t feel entirely comfortable with that and so I was relieved to discover that despite her young age, Alexia has a wisdom and ability that goes far beyond her years.
Within this record you will see a different style, a more emotive side. In the past I had clung onto visions of landscapes and memories and situations whereas this album delves deeper into the human psyche, I feel like these are songs that pose the questions that I’m looking to be answered as a twenty-eight year old father and husband.

I believe that we are always trying to find answers and understanding, whether it’s about love or success or pride or pain and often it’s difficult to believe that musicians or “celebrities” have those same kinds of questions in their minds. I firmly believe that we all have the same doubts and fears and we’re all just trying to find answers in this world. This isn’t a record that says, I have the answers, this is a record that says, I’m asking the same questions”

– Brandon Caulfield
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 23/11/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/11/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Squeege  
#3 Posted : 23 November 2015 16:56:35(UTC)
Squeege

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Johnny: I can fully admit that Brandon is personally my favorite artist. Though he stays a recluse and only comes out every once in a while. It's always a damn pleasure to see what he's been cooking up in his musical laboratory. He's always got good ballads and real introspective deeply personal songs. The man strikes a chord with me and I would love to play with him again. I don't come out much any more either. But I would definitely tune up my strings to play with this man.
UserPostedImage]

Owner of: Nobody's Darlings

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 1 user thanked Squeege for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/11/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:22:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

1. “The Fine Art Of Growing Old”

Brandon Caulfield - Blue
Alexia Quinn - Purple

“Poor lonely soul sat in the numbness of a subway hall
Nothing around but the cold, damp chill in the winter air
I wonder if she’ll ever find her way in this world
Just drawing circles on the untouched skin of her knees
Wrapping her hair around her finger until it starts to turn numb
Jabbing a pen in her hand until the small holes start to bleed
Forever waiting for a train that won’t ever come
In the midst of a hunger that she just can’t feed

Once upon a time I had something to say
But most of the time nobody listened anyway
And those things that I once knew have slowly faded away
I know that I’m now starting to grow stronger than before
But I’m still hiding myself away so that no one will ever know
The person that’s inside of this skin and bones that you see
Forever hidden away like a whispered tragedy

Life can be hard for someone so young
Being forced to grow old before your life has begun
Time can be quite cruel and take things from you that you aren’t ready to let go
But it’s a part of life that we all know
We just try to hold on to a hope that has gone
But we all have to say goodbye to a life we once knew
Sometimes growing old is all that you can do

People used to tell me, you’ve got some growin’ up to do
They’d say enjoy it while it lasts because old age will someday come to you
But that time seems to have arrived here quicker than I thought
Quicker than all of the songs and words that I wrote
They said old age will someday come to you
But I’ve learnt that I’m growing old at just twenty-two

I know you probably think you’re much better off this way
But we all get a little more lonesome each day
I too used to think that I was better off alone this way
I’d hear voices in the silence till my eyes close then fade away
But nothing can stop you from walking down this lonely path
Not even the vague memories of a familiar face on an old photograph

But I learnt the fine art of growing old
You’ve gotta let go of those childish dreams someday
So why not let go of them today
I learnt the fine art of growing old
You gotta learn quickly when you’re poor
How to find shelter from the cold
See I learnt the fine art of growing old
When you have no place that you can call your own
You learn that your home is just your own skin and bone
I learnt the fine art of growing old”
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 30/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/12/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:24:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

2. “Not Over Yet”

Brandon Caulfield - Blue
Alexia Quinn - Purple
Together - Black

“It might be hard for you to love me
But it’s harder to be alone
I pull the curtains closed and I’ll unplug the phone
We’ve got a lot of talking
Between the two of us tonight
I know we can’t make this turn perfect
But we could make this feel alright

We’ve both been drifting for a little while
Avoiding awkward confrontations
Just forced to fake a smile
But the candle is still burning
Like it’s the only spark
One slight mistake
And we’ll be left here in the dark

But I’ve still got some fight left in me
I don’t give up so easily
I’ll keep standing back to my feet
I’ll feel the electricity as our eyes begin to meet
And I know deep in my hardest of heart
That we can’t easily just fall apart

See, it’s not over yet
We’ve still got something to fight for
Because it’s not over yet
Don’t let me fall to the floor
Because it’s just not over yet
We’ll pick up the pieces
We’ll place things back together
We’ll put everything in their right place
We’ll keep on trying
So that we both don’t fall from grace

So I may make mistakes
Every now and then
But the truth is that I need you
And you’ve got to let me in

It can get cold sometimes
When you keep your distance from me
But for you I’ll brave the elements
It’s the way it’s gonna be

I’ve still got some fight left in me
I don’t give up so easily
I’ll keep standing back to my feet
I’ll feel the electricity
And as our eyes begin to meet
And I know deep in my hardest of heart
That we can’t easily just fall apart

See, it’s not over yet
We’ve still got something to fight for
Because it’s not over yet
Don’t let me fall to the floor
Because it’s just not over yet
We’ll pick up the pieces
We’ll place things back together
We’ll put everything in their right place
We’ll keep on trying
So that we both don’t fall from grace”
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:26:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

3. “My Kingdom Come”

“Drinking whiskey in a downtown bar
It never did get us too far
Just talkin’ bout’ all our hopes and dreams
We’d always say how this would finally be our year
And they’ll see our names in lights out there
But life ain’t as easy as it seems
And so we’d head home late at night

Worried bout’ another fight
Hoping our children just don’t hear you and me

Bottles flying at the wall
We’re always fighting in this empty home
Wondering where our dreams are lost and found
Pack another suitcase dear
You’ll never find your dreams in here
As long as you keep searching in this town
I hope you’ll notice what you’ve got
And then maybe you’ll regret everything you lost
When things don’t work out as you planned

But honey you’ve got two pretty little kids upstairs
A wife that loved you when nobody cared
Still you act like this life is done
Forever searching for your kingdom come

Life beats us down sometimes
And that’s alright cause we’ll be fine
Because we both got everything that we need
Bricks and water and those sweet blue skies
The twinkle in our children’s eyes
Captivate hearts and tides
Enough to set our worlds alight
And make everything fine

This is our kingdom come
Forget about the dreams we had when we were young
Because over time, dreams come true
And this is all for me and you
Never did I expect this kind of life
This is our kingdom come
Forget about the dreams we had when we were young
We were just too young to know
That this is everything
And more”
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:27:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

4. “Lion’s Den”

“They say there’s a pathway set out for the brave
A road less travelled
But somewhere along the way
These webs may have unravelled
As the torture unfolds, you walk alone
And the torment rots through your skin and bone

And you become something
That you are not
And you become a person you’ve never known

So come one, come all
Gather around
Raise your candles
And they’re lowered to the ground
Another medallion that will turn to rust
Another victim will turn to dust

From an early age
They throw you into the lion’s den
Teach you to fend for yourself
You can try to claw your way out
But to no avail
There’s no space for bravery
The good always fail

They beat you down
Tell you how to live and who to follow
They cut your dreams and place them in a hole so hollow
Hollow enough for you to keep digging
But just far enough
To remain out of reach
And they warp your minds
With the prophecies that they preach

From an early age
They throw you into the lion’s den
Teach you to fend for yourself
You can try to claw your way out
But to no avail
There’s no space for bravery
The good always fail

So come one, come all
Gather around
Raise your candles
And they’re lowered to the ground
Another medallion that will turn to rust
Another victim will turn to dust”
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:29:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

5. “True Humanity”

“I’ve seen a lot of things through the years
I’ve seen traveling soldiers and their kids crying tears
I’ve seen beautiful lands destroyed by the most vicious of storms
I’ve seen people losing their jobs and their homes
I’ve seen evil and darkness like no other
I’ve seen skylines on fire with people running for cover
This doesn’t scratch the surface of what we have all come to see
But we’ve all seen one consistency
A thing we call true humanity

One by one we stood tall
We carried on fighting through it all
And the strength that we have deep down inside
Is stronger than the will to hide
And we fix the broken
Rebuild and reclaim
We could point fingers to the ones to blame
But instead we started over
Building from scratch
Because we carry on through
It’s a matter of fact

They can take all that we have
But they can never take our will to survive
They can fight and they can attack
But we will never run or hide
We have strength and we have courage
We have all we need to survive
We’ll be standing atop of this rubble
We will never run or hide

One by one we stood tall
We carried on fighting through it all
And the strength that we have deep down inside
Is stronger than the will to hide
And we fix the broken
Rebuild and reclaim
We could point fingers to the ones to blame
But instead we started over
Building from scratch
Because we carry on through
It’s a matter of fact”
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:30:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

6. “We’ll All Find Our Way”

“It’s Friday night and the lights are low
I’m sat alone with nowhere to go
Just more heartache and pain for me to work through
I just want someone to make me feel brand new
My tiny hands grasp that final photograph
It reminds me how much you could make me laugh
But now you’re gone like everything else I’ve ever known
I’m just tired of being all alone

I see her body curled up on her bedroom floor
I know my little girl deserves so much more
Her mom walked out before she could talk
It’s just another night where she’s had her heart broke
I wish that there was something I could do or say
To make her realise that tomorrow is just another day
But she don’t wanna hear my clichéd wisdom tonight
She just wants to feel alright

Don’t hide yourself away, don’t give up hope
Believe in what you say, with every word you’ve spoke
Keep the faith, keep holding on
Keep standing tall, just stay strong
Believe in things that you know are true
Love will find a way to come to you
So don’t look back and don’t run away
Because we’ll all find love someday
We’ll all find our way

I can’t figure out what life is meant for
When you open up your heart
They just run for the door
Scared to let themselves shine through
Forever running, from a love so true

Sometimes the answers just don’t come
It’s hard to understand things when you’re young
I’d like to say that it gets easier someday
But what do I know? I’m alone, I’m old and grey
But if you keep an open heart
You will find a way

If I keep an open heart
I’ll find love someday?

Don’t hide yourself away, don’t give up hope
Believe in what you say, with every word you’ve spoke
Keep the faith, keep holding on
Keep standing tall, just stay strong
Believe in things that you know are true
Love will find a way to come to you
So don’t look back and don’t run away
Because we’ll all find love someday
We’ll all find our way”
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:31:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

7. “Ain’t Giving Up Now”

“I’ve been walking the long roads in the warm summer rain
With nothing to lose and everything to gain
Showing your photograph to strangers on the boardwalk
Hoping that they may have seen you around
But I’m all out of luck
Seems like you’re nowhere to be found
I just can’t find a trace of you
In this deadbeat town

Because darlin’ I’ve waited a long time
For everything to be perfect
For the stars to align
Yeah darlin’ I’ve waited a long time
I’ve waited long enough
And the roads been rough
But I ain’t giving up

]Letters we wrote, so many years past
Are still kept in my heart
Where I know they’ll always remain
And our promises to meet up here in your hometown when we’re older
Are what kept me fighting through all of this pain

And I’m searching
But I just can’t find you
I’m searching high and low
I’m searching and I just can’t find
Darlin’ I can’t let you go

Because darlin’ I’ve waited a long time
For everything to be perfect
For the stars to align
Yeah darlin’ I’ve waited a long time
I’ve waited long enough
And the roads been rough
But I ain’t giving up

I ain’t giving up now
When everything I need is so close
I ain’t giving up now
I’d rather die than live without hope
I ain’t giving up now
I’ve got something keeping me here
I ain’t giving up now
I’m searching without any fear”
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:33:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

8. “From Dust To Ember”

“Lay with me in the green green grass
Maybe together we can make this evening last
We’ll gaze at the stars
And we’ll forget about things
For one night only we’ve got a little time to kill

And we’ll remember it all
How things used to be
How we were once something
Now we’re just nobodies

They say life can wear you down
I guess they told the truth
But every second spent with you
Is enough to get me through

Swing sets and hearts of dreams
Motocycles and prom queens
Whiskey and roses
And shotgun weddings
A lifetime of memories
None worth regretting

So take my hand before you go
There’s something that you need to know
If my days were numbered would you run
Knowing that my heart will turn cold and my soul would turn numb

They say that this life can wear you down
And I guess they told the truth
But every single second spent with you
Was more than enough to get me through

When my body turns to dust
And when my ashes turn to ember
Please remember me with fondness
Darling please remember
Swing sets and hearts of dreams
Motorcycles and prom queens
Whiskey and roses
And shotgun weddings
A lifetime of memories
None worth regretting.”
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:34:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

9. – “Wherever I May Lay My Head”

“We ventured out into a foreign land
And together we fought for freedom hand in hand
The reasons made clear but we did not agree
The motives seemed uncertain to me
But we marched on together
Like our duty calls
Many failed to return
It hurts to see another man fall
But we carry on
Through it all

Our partners and children await for us back home
In a house that feels empty and alone
Just photographs at night to keep em’ warm
And final words ringing in their ears
‘Darlin’ I’ll be coming home’
But some never did
Many of em’ never made it
Those back home
Just patiently waited

Then comes that dreaded phone call
Maybe a final letter home
Tearing worlds apart
It’s like they’ve always known
From the day that you left
The clock starts ticking down to your last breath
Some may be lucky and make it through
But those wounds they run deep, filled with such pain
Even for the lucky few that still remain

So when I go
Will I be remembered
For the stories I told
For the words that I said
For the love that I gave
Wherever I may lay my head

When I go
Will I be remembered
For the stories I told
For the bravery I showed
For the tears I shed
For the fight that I gave
Until my very last breath
Was it all worth it?
What will be left

So when I go
Will I be remembered
For the stories I told
For the love that I gave
Wherever I may lay my head”
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:35:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

10. “Bird Of Sorrow”

“You say you want some sort of freedom
Well I guess that I’m the one holding you back
Because all of the things that you want in this lifetime
Are all of the things that I truly lack
I’ll let go of the reigns
But when your world comes fallin’ apart
Don’t look around for me
Because I won’t be there for you
I’ll be long gone and I’ll have moved on
To someone new

There you go again, right on cue
Taking everything that I say and making it all about you
I’m tired of your self-obsession
I just want a world that feels somewhat real
I don’t want all that much from life
Just a love that I can feel
But you can’t put your weapons down
So I’m giving up
And I’m leaving this town

I’ll take a blank page and start anew
I’ll start the life that I dreamed of, far from you
So most likely you’ll go your own way and I will go mine
I don’t expect to see you again sometime
You’ll forever be
An old photograph and an empty memory

I’ll wander the busy streets
Of Manhattan’s elite
This is how my life will be
Hotel Chelsea is beckoning to me
A drunken evening
Teetering on the rooftop in the pouring rain
Standing close to the edge
But I’m glad I ain’t seeing your face again

We will bid a short farewell
I hope that it hurt you when you fell
Goodbye my bird of sorrow
Spread your wings and think of tomorrow
Because I’ll be gone
It’s the way that you want it
I’ll be gone
I quit

No more hurting just think of tomorrow
I’ll be gone from your life
No longer by your side
I’ll be gone
No more need to hide
Have an enjoyable life
Have a better tomorrow”
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:36:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

11. “Down In The Valley Below”

“I wish I was a man who had some sort of plan
A man who could travel from sea to shimmering sea
Or become the kind of man that I always thought I would be
But instead I’m always running without a care
Finding a new place without you there
To live a life with no rules or ties
To live each day just like it’s a surprise
I wish there was something more
But instead I’m dying here down in the valley below

You’re a runner, it’s in your bones and skin
You can’t cast the first stone because you ain’t without sin
Just like a tornado you crash through town whenever you please
Like a hollow wind you blow our world apart with the slightest breeze
And you do so with such great ease
So don’t talk about love that you’re afraid to show
Because I’m glad that you’re dying down in the valley below

I’ve stayed in shelter with the tramps in the night
At a bus station underneath a streetlight
I’m tired of tryin’ to find cover from the rain
I find myself longing to be home with you again
And maybe someday
I’ll find a way
Maybe someday
I’ll find a way to make you forgive
If it takes all of the love that I can give
Then I will
Yes, I know that I will

Don’t try to make your way back here to me
There’s nothing that we can ever be
Because it’s gone
Yes, it’s all gone
That love that once was here
It washed away with my final tear
And It’s never coming back
No, it’s never ever coming back

Well is it over now with all of those words that we said
Is it over now and the empty bed that we shared
It looks like it’s all gone and there’s nothing there anymore
I guess that it’s all gone away now and we can’t even try no more
Maybe it’s best to stay out in the cold
Down in the valley below”
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:37:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

12. “I’m No Good For You, You’re No Good For Me

“Darlin’ if you wanna go
I’ll just step aside
If you wanna leave then go now
And please take the rest of my pride
Cos’ I won’t be needing it
All that much now
I won’t be seeing you
All that much anyhow

Letting go is hard to do
But it’s just something that I have to do
It’s easier now you’re a person that I no longer know
But it won’t be easy because memories remain
I’ll remember the good times and forget about the pain
But my decision is final and I’m ready to go home
I’m heading out into the storm
I’ll go to the station and take a southbound train
I’ll picture your face in the small drops of rain

You need to head to the station
I’ll give you a ride
We can exchange final glances
It’s up to you to decide
But wherever you finally end up
Just don’t remember me
Because I’m just a shadow of the man I used to be

I can’t shut it off
You’ll always be there
Like the howling wind in the soft autumn air
I can’t fully get you out of my soul
You’ll be forever in my heart
The final vision as I fall

It’s hard to say goodbye
But at least we have got to try
As we’ve grown, we’ve learnt to see
That I’m no good for you and you’re no good for me
We’ve played too many dangerous games
We’ve lit the match too many times and we’ve seen the flames
We’ve seen the wreckage that we’ve created
We’ve just stood back and watched and waited

We’ve played twisted games with each other’s mind
And now we’re the only soul’s left behind
We’re the ones that are still standing
It defies reason and belief
We’ve taken parts of each other’s bodies
Like a careless thief
It’s time to say goodbye
We’ve caused too much pain
It’s clear for all to see
I’m no good for you and you’re no good for me”
Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:38:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

13. “It’s Time For You To Go”

“Don’t come around here no more
No more
I can’t have you coming around here no more
No more
Every time I see your face
I’m reminded of your fall from grace
And your beauty and innocence
Well darlin’ no one has ever loved me since
But I think it’s time for you to go

I won’t come around here no more
No more
I promise I won’t come around here no more
No more
I’ve pleaded for you to take me back
But forgiveness is the one thing that you lack
I guess I’ve just got myself to blame
I’m the reason things aren’t quite the same
Darlin’ I’ll just go

When we were together
I used to think that I was the lucky one
But since we’ve been apart
I know that all of our hope has gone
Unfaithful lovers
Tear all the best things apart
I just wish that we could take this back to the start
But it’s over now
And I guess it’s for the best

Don’t come around here no more
No more
I can’t have you coming around here no more
No more
Cos’ every time I see your eyes
I can feel that you start to hypnotise
But my heart inside is breaking
Regretting the choices that I’ve taken
So I think it’s time for you to go

I won’t come around here no more
No more
I promise I won’t come around here no more
No more
I’ll just gather my things
It’ll be like I never even existed
I know the temptation of betrayal
Is one I should have resisted
And I know it’s all my fault
So darlin’ I’ll just go

When we were together
I used to think that I was the lucky one
But since we’ve been apart
I know that all of our hope has gone
Unfaithful lovers
Tear all the best things apart
I just wish that we could take this back to the start
But it’s over now
And I guess it’s for the best”
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:43:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

14. “No More Cryin’”

“If you play with the fire
If you dance around the flame
You’re gonna get burned, you’ll only have yourself to blame
If you mess with my heart
Or decide to throw it away
You’re gonna regret it
Every single day

If you wanna live alone
I can leave this haunted home
If you wanna find somebody new
I’ll step aside
it’s all up to you
But when those lonely days come through
You’ll remember me like the cold wind that blew

I’m aware of the facts
And all the things that I lack
I put you through hell and together we fell
But I can start tryin’
If it means no more cryin’
I can fix this
Put the pieces together
I’ll give you a diamond if you give me a tether

I can be distant and a little cold
But I could be your barricade for you to hold
To stop all of those bad things from creeping back in
To keep the demons at bay as well as the sin

But I’m better now
I can be worth all of the pain
I’m no longer shackled with a ball and chain

I’m aware of the facts
And all the things that I lack
I once had the blues but I shook them loose
And now I have no more use for that hangin’ noose
I put you through hell and together we fell
But I can start tryin’
If it means no more cryin’
I can fix this
Put the pieces together
I’ll give you a diamond if you give me a tether”
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:44:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

15. “We’re So Much Older Now”

“It looks like I am older now
And you’re a little older to it would seem
Our memories have been washed from our lives
All the way down a rocky stream
I guess that life is long
And it looks like we both moved on
To someplace where we belong
In someone else’s dreams

There was a road that I thought we’d take together
But things often change in time
I never knew then, but it was all for the better
That our stars did not align
We parted ways and learnt to move on
To someplace where we belong
In someone else’s dreams

We’re so much older now
Eventually things worked out fine
We’re so much older now
Our souls weren’t meant to entwine
We’re so much older now
We’ve both got lives of our own
We’re so much older now
It looks like we have grown

We have families of our own
We still have photographs that we just haven’t shown
But neither of us are to blame
So when your children ask who I am
Please tell them my name

I know now, that time can heal most wounds
Even the deepest cuts eventually start to fade away
I knew, that I’d find something more
Waiting out, on that horizon for me someday

We were once cursing
And calling out each other’s names
We were too stubborn to see who was to blame
But with time, it became clear
That there was someone more near
That beckoned out to us

And we’re so much older now
Eventually things worked out fine
We’re so much older now
Our souls weren’t meant to entwine
We’re so much older now
We’ve both got lives of our own
We’re so much older now
It looks like we have grown”
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 29 November 2015 20:45:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

16. “Wildflowers”

“We spent our youth among the wildflowers
Creating stories inside the hearts of you and me
We spent our youth bathed beneath the sunlight
Made our promises that this is how things will always be
We drank down by the seafront
We danced under the moon
We laughed at the thought of growing up
Never knowing it would pass both of us by so soon

Time goes by and people move on
People grow old
Some grow strong
We all forget
The promises of youth
We grow up
Someday to face the truth

Those wildflowers died someday
Moved on to someplace new
Those wildflowers grew up along the way
Never to be spoken of
Memories of both me and you

Families and jobs took us away
Children and bills that we have to pay
A life unfulfilled is this life that we now lead
Children and families and more mouths to feed
Only photographs bring it all back
Memories of the youth
That we now all lack
Inside we hope that we’ll relive it once more
But it’s gone forever
That’s all we know

Days gone by
Days faded
Days gone by
A life frustrated
Days gone by
Days of past
Days gone by
Never last

We spent our youth among the wildflowers
Creating stories inside the hearts of you and me
We spent our youth bathed beneath the sunlight
Made our promises that this is how things will always be
We drank down by the seafront
We danced under the moon
We laughed at the thought of growing up
Never knowing it would pass both of us by so soon”