logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2016 21:01:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Perish”
Artist: Kara Romero
Release Date: February 14, 2016
Length: 4:11
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: January 2016 – Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, US
Genre: Rap, Alternative Hip-Hop, Adult Contemporary
Label: Just Record
Written: December 2015
Writer(s): Kara Romero
Producer(s): Kara Romero, TJ Cousins

“Perish” is the title of the fourth official single released by American rap/adult contemporary artist ‘Kara Romero’, it marks her second single to be released in 2016 after years of struggling to find a breakthrough. Prior to this year, Romero had only released two singles in three years after debuting back in 2012 with ‘My Poison Ivy Lips’. This track is set to continue the anticipation as she builds towards her debut album and is expected to be included on the debut album, prior to that though, she is expected to release an E.P which includes some unreleased tracks that was intended to be released back when she debuted. However, it’s likely that her most recent singles won’t be included on the E.P and kept for her debut album. With the release of ‘Perish’, Romero is having a very strong beginning to the new year, she dropped the single “Same Old Tears” in January which peaked at number #2 in the singles chart, she was also the featured artist on the track “Poster Kids of Pop-Punk” by Riot! in the Boulevard which was released on February 8, 2016 and it has also been confirmed that she’ll be debuting on the big screen in the upcoming independent drama called “One Final Memory” alongside ‘Medina Valback’ where she’s also expected to feature on the movie’s official single. All of this is considered a welcome change from Kara Romero, who has been trying to fully break into the entertainment industry since 2012, she’s suffered many setbacks over the years and for a number of different reasons, she’s just not been able to capitalize on any buzz around her but it appears that 2016 is set to be her year.

The track was written solely by Kara Romero and is considered to be a shot at the fickle nature of the entertainment industry as a whole, in parts it even appears that the song is directly about her struggle to push through as a star, the opening lines signal that possibility as she sings the lyrics, “So, it’s taken a little while for things to pick/After Poison Ivy Lips things started to get a little rough.” As she references her debut single and how she failed to capitalize on what appeared to be her breakout hit. The main focus of the song appears to be on how she’s struggled to make it as an up-and-coming rapper, it’s chorus in particular seems to emphasize that, “They say she will perish and burn/To make room for another wannabe’s turn/They say she’ll burn out and fade/Cause she’s trying to be self-made”. The song however, does take an aggressive and more confident turn as the newly fired-up Kara looks to make her mark on the industry and fight her way to where she wants to be, as she follows up the chorus with the dominant and triumphant refrain, “So fucking come at me with your claws ready to attack/Swipe at this bitch and I’ll fucking bite back/I can be a whirlwind, tornado on crack/Swipe at this bitch and I’ll fucking bite back.” It’s catchy and repetitive, whether it can continue where the more emotive ‘Same Old Tears’ left of will remain to be seen, but it shows another layer and dimension to Kara as an artist.

The song was recorded at the ‘Basement Studios’ in Brooklyn, New York, the low-key and understated recording studio has been home to Kara’s musical exploits for the best part of a year now and the track was recorded in January 2016 by Kara and produced by herself along with TJ Cousins like her previous two singles. The pair have been working together on her debut album and his presence has been praised as one of the driving forces behind Kara’s recent resurgence in the music industry. The song is set to be released on February 14, 2016 as a CD Single, Digital Download and will be made available to Weekly Airplay.

“Perish”

“So, it’s taken a little while for things to pick up
After Poison Ivy Lips things started to get a little rough
They got them camera’s flashing and stories printed in all the magazines
How the latest bitch thinks she’s the fucking rap queen
When her friends are calling her the trap queen
But she can only get noticed on the independent scene
And they’re all telling her what she is
But she don’t know a thing about the biz
She’s just making it up as she goes along
Hoping somebody somewhere can relate to her song
And have the courage to fucking fight on
Even when everybody they’ve ever loved has gone
Cause deep inside that’s all she’s doin’
Just tryna pick up the pieces from the wreck and ruins

They say she will perish and burn
To make room for another wannabe’s turn
They say she’ll burn out and fade
Cause she’s trying to be self-made
Embers quickly turn to ashes
She’s not got what it takes
She’ll need more than those fluttering lashes

So fucking come at me with your claws ready to attack
Swipe at this bitch and I’ll fucking bite back
I can be a whirlwind, tornado on crack

Then I guess the rumours will fly with stories in the press
How she fucked her way to five seconds of fame just like the rest
And her time will be up in the blink of an eye
And her world will come crashing down from the sky
I guess she will never truly make it
Bitch came so close and yet so far
She ain’t ever gonna be a star
And I’m standing here smiling, knowing what’s to come
Cause when I decide I’m ready, I’mma make em’ fucking run
Burn out, fade away
That shit gets old when you hear it every day
You thought that I was timid
I’d never make through
But I can be a fucking monster
Well fuck you boo

To make room for another wannabe’s turn
They say she’ll burn out and fade
Cause she’s trying to be self-made
Embers quickly turn to ashes
She’s not got what it takes
She’ll need more than those fluttering lashes

Swipe at this bitch and I’ll fucking bite back”

Personnel;

Kara Romero – lyrics, vocals, production
Augustine Frances – drums, programming, keyboards
Ignacio Santos – mixing, programming
TJ Cousins – production, mixing, engineering
Rebecca Lowell - photography
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 14/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/02/2016(UTC), kandii on 15/02/2016(UTC), sheishere65 on 15/02/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 23/02/2016(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2016 21:37:30(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: YESS Kara!! I love it! This is going to be your year girl, show them what you got who you are! You're the baddest bitch and you came to slay and stay!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 14/02/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2016 01:41:32(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Tyler: Kara putting out nice songs and the lyrics to this almost makes me thinks that Kidd did more than just produce. Remember when Old Permanent Reminder came out and was going to be the indie rap label to try something new and different Kidd just took that idea and ran with it didn't he.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/02/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 19 February 2016 03:02:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Anaísz: Kara, like whoa this is amazing! I feel like I need to hop on a plane and get in the studio with you ASAP. These lyrics are so crazy, like I think you could whoop my ass lol, omg. But seriously, it's just that feisty spirit and the way you deliver the words, you really killed it!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/02/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 20 February 2016 18:11:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
JohnnyCarter: YESS Kara!! I love it! This is going to be your year girl, show them what you got who you are! You're the baddest bitch and you came to slay and stay!

Kara: Yes, it's been a long time coming. I've worked hard to get to this point, glad you like it dude!
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2016 18:14:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler: Kara putting out nice songs and the lyrics to this almost makes me thinks that Kidd did more than just produce. Remember when Old Permanent Reminder came out and was going to be the indie rap label to try something new and different Kidd just took that idea and ran with it didn't he.

Kara: It was great working with Kidd for this whole album, he's definitely helped to get the best out of me. It's cool how you can relate this to how he's taken his label to where they are.
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 20 February 2016 18:19:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Anaísz: Kara, like whoa this is amazing! I feel like I need to hop on a plane and get in the studio with you ASAP. These lyrics are so crazy, like I think you could whoop my ass lol, omg. But seriously, it's just that feisty spirit and the way you deliver the words, you really killed it!

Kara: Thank you Anaísz! Yeah girl, hop your ass on a plane whenever you can and we'll do something! Thanks, I wanted to show that I'm not planning on fading away again and actually looking to do somethin' special!