logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2016 13:59:11(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Release Date: 4/15/16
Record Label:FivePeskyKids
Recorded: 2015
Writers: Cara Zayn, Gemma Kane
Genre: Dance Pop, Electro pop
Producers: Max Martin

"Neon Signs" is newest single released by pop recording artist Gemma Kane. The record was produced in 2015 with pop recording producer Max Martin in Los Angeles as one of the final tracks recorded for her EP through her current record label, FivePeskyKids. It's been quite a while since Gemma released new music and she felt Neon Signs would be the perfect single to impact radio and digital retailers as the newest single from her successful EP "Precious. After the release of the EP, some fans were anticipating on whether or not a new single would be released by Gemma. A promotional video was released with Gemma which included an instrumental of the song, prompting fans to get even more excited about the release of the single. When Gemma appeared at the GOLDIE's, the single was first announced as the next single from the EP. The single's recording process is also set to be shown during an episode on Gemma's upcoming docu-series "IAM:GEMMA" which airs on April 27th.

For weeks there was no official release date in site for the new single until Gemma appeared on popular chat show "After Dark with Cara Zayn" where she spoke about the single in brief and even confirmed it's official release date (April 15th). On the EP "Precious", Neon Sights follows previous track "Lost In Lust" but takes quite a change in sound to end off the EP. Here, Gemma Kane finds herself back with the sound of electro and dance pop where she naturally shines as she does with the underground sounds of The Wolverines produced record "Lost In Lust". Neon Signs is a sexy slice of confident electropop that tells a story of Gemma's story to the top where she boasts and confidently sings over a eerie yet catchy backing beat that adds in synths, electronic beats and a thick bassline as Gemma proclaims herself as the IT girl and has an eventful night with her group of friends. Gemma speaks about her four year tenure since reaching the big time, and although she's come a long way, she cannot get enough of the neon lights. Gemma uses her sexy vocals and purrs as her vocals are distorted during the finishing lines of the chorus where she moans They’ll put my star\Put my star, put my, put my star
Hollywood Boulevard, Boulevard.)

The record is cocky and fun and and could get the dance-floor pumping with dancing as Gemma does an excellent job of adding sexy vocals over the beats and suggestive lyrics. The record was produced by Max Martin and written by Kane and Cara Zayn. After seven tracks of the EP that offers different attitudes stemming from confidence, self worth, fun and boastfulness to sensitively, vulnerability and sensuality; "Precious" as a whole offers listeners with a taste of what Gemma is capable of as a vocalist and an artist. The choice of Neon Signs being the next single off Gemma's is a clever choice as the record offers sizzling electro-pop that doesn't currently sound like anything on the radio. If Gemma had trouble finding her niche, Neon Signs offers a key in on the direction Gemma sounds best with and not only does Neon Signs ends us off on the Precious EP but is the next single in Gemma's ever growing pop career.

"Neon Signs"

Four years of struggle
Just so that I can say I f*ckin’ made it
Hey boo ain’t you proud, I’m headlining shows
Big ass jets and tons of free sh*t
Things weren’t this easy til’ I made a hit
But now I’m popping champagne in first class

They’re lining round the block
Just to get a view of this ass
No more pain, no more struggle
Just killin’ it nightly, It’s part of the hustle
Involuntary Memories left behind
Feed me all the glory that you can find

Me and my crew, gonna hit the strip tonight
With those neon signs, shining bright like them Vegas lights
Me and my crew, gonna go wild tonight
We gonna run the strip, show this town how we do
If you wanna join us
I’ll show you a thing or two

They’ll put my star
Put my star, put my, put my star
Hollywood Boulevard, Boulevard
Boule, Boule, Vard
They’ll put my star
Boule, Boule, vard (Oh!)

I’m in a brand new state of mind
Guess I’m hell bent on leaving my past behind
Looking to forget my troubles here
Wash all my worries away with my fear
Time for me to show up like I do
Live up to the potential running through

No more hiding at the back
I’m stepping up to get right on track
I ain’t settling for second best
I’mma rise high above the rest
And show the world exactly what I can do
So here’s the deal
I’m coming for you
And we’re aiming for the top
No more fear telling me to stop

If you wanna join us
We’ll show you a thing or two

They’ll put my star
Boule, Boule, Vard
They’ll put my star
Boule, Boule, vard (Oh!)

Prada and Gucci
If you let em at your coochie
Silver and gold
If you let em grab hold
Cristal in first class
If you let em feel that ass
If that’s how you choose to make it
Barbie, you had better fake it
Just watch how I do
That sorta sh*t I don’t have to go through
Don’t need to lie, cheat or steal
If you make it on your own
Then you made it for real[/b]

If you wanna join us
We’ll show you a thing or two

They’ll put my star
Boule, Boule, Vard
They’ll put my star
Boule, Boule, vard (Oh!)

Sounds Like

Edited by user 16 April 2016 14:01:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/04/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/04/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 16/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/04/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 16/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/04/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/04/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/04/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2016 05:06:29(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
erich:there is nothing sleazier than neon lights. that searing glow just screams " someone's doing something that will make the saints cry."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 17/04/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 17 April 2016 12:18:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:there is nothing sleazier than neon lights. that searing glow just screams " someone's doing something that will make the saints cry."

Gemma: Can't we all just agree on that Erich? In fact, the songs totally gives off that impression right? Sexiness in the neonlights as I aim for the 'top'...no pun intended hehe. Don't we all love some sleazy pop? I know I do (;
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/04/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2016 04:47:59(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAAS, slay me mom. I'm honestly snatched, I wasn't ready! I'm really excited for the Documentary and everything else which is coming for my wig.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/04/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2016 01:04:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAAS, slay me mom. I'm honestly snatched, I wasn't ready! I'm really excited for the Documentary and everything else which is coming for my wig.

Gemma: Thanks sweetheart ❤️ You know I love to slay ;) Yeah, shows coming really soon! I appreciate the support :)?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Online freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 23 April 2016 01:16:01(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Tyler :Gemma has always been in the spotlight for so long but I don't this song is like the spam of pop music. It has a catchy beat some lyrics thrown in. Will I be able to pick this song out in a lineup I guess based on knowing her voice but how I feel about the song. Meh, it doesn't grow on me. With Cara writing it seem more punk now I wonder what it would have been like if she sung the song.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 23 April 2016 01:46:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler :Gemma has always been in the spotlight for so long but I don't this song is like the spam of pop music. It has a catchy beat some lyrics thrown in. Will I be able to pick this song out in a lineup I guess based on knowing her voice but how I feel about the song. Meh, it doesn't grow on me. With Cara writing it seem more punk now I wonder what it would have been like if she sung the song.

Gemma: Meh, I find that people (critics) like you don't know how to appreciate a quality pop song. There's not a song on the radio currently that sounds like this nor is there anyone who sounds like me. There's a reason why I've had the spotlight for a long time and I'm still perfecting my craft. Cara doesn't sing, that's why she wrote this lovely record with me helllooooo we were definitely going for something tougher so there's a punkish edge to the lyrics, I definitely see that but it's more dynamic and confident.

Edited by user 23 April 2016 02:06:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 23/04/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 23 April 2016 05:33:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Cara: I think we achieved the song that we set out to make. Sometimes it's not all about depth and emotion but more about confidence and energy, it's a dance song, pure and simple. Love it or hate it.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 23/04/2016(UTC)