logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 07 May 2016 03:05:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hello Barbie Doll welcome to the show, or Stephanie, do you prefer being called Stephanie?

I get that asked a lot, haha! *laughs* I think I would like to be called Barbie Doll. Barbie or just Doll is fine too. I only use my real name behind the scenes, I don't know why though. Maybe, because I wanted to have something on my own? I don't know.

So you’ve recently released your latest single titled, “Under the Sky” which I’m loving at the moment. I think it’s emotional and beautiful and you deserve a lot of credit for maintaining your style. How would you describe the song?

I would pretty much describe it like you already did. It's a beautiful and emotional song, which I have written when I felt a little bit down in my private life. It's just one of these songs, you know? You're alone and you need help but there is nobody around you, who can help you.

I believe it’s the second single from your next album, following on from “Human” which again I thought was a really great track that is uniquely yours. It was well received by lots of people, but it didn’t really do as well as anticipated in the charts. I know the charts don’t mean shit these days, but it must hurt a little when you put all your effort into creating something and seeing it not do as well as you hoped?

It didn't hurt at all, to be honest. I already knew before I released the song, that it wouldn't do much on the charts. Obviously, sometimes you hope that it does end up successful but you know it won't. I noticed a while ago, that most of the time meaningless songs top the charts. It's just how it is, and you get used to it.

Now, you’ve been in the industry for a little while now, do you think you’re fully adapted to what this sort of career can be like for you? I know you’ve had your setbacks in the past, but do you feel like you’re comfortable with everything that comes with being a music star?

Do I feel comfortable? Yes. Do I like the media attention? Sometimes. Do I like how people act in the industry? No. I will never get used to the fakeness. One day, they will smile and be really friendly to you and then the following day, you hear how that person talked behind your back. The music industry is full with toxic. It's up to you, how you deal with the poison.

Okay so, I fucking love you, right? We all know that, I think you have the right attitude for the industry, you’re not all about living your life in front of the camera’s, you keep your private life private and your music has always been the focus. I understand and respect that greatly, but I think a lot of people want to know, what you’re like away from the camera’s?

I'm really normal, actually! I love to go shopping, I love to cook and I love sweets. Really, I love all type of candy and sweets. *laughs* I think the only unusual thing about me could be, that I love to collect dolls. That's where I got my arist name from.

Your next album is titled, “Bitter, Tragedy”. I heard some of it when I was at the label. What can you tell us about the next album?

It's a very different album. I think everybody says that though! Let me say this, it's a album with a lot of different emotions and topics. It's a hell of a ride and I believe that everybody can find a song, they can connect with. There are songs for teenagers, old people, parents etc. There is even a song for kids, it's fun. I wanted to create something, everybody can enjoy. That was the goal.

Will there be any collaborations on the next album? And who would be your dream collaboration?

There are no collaborations. I guess, my dream collaboration would be with Glamazon, Vanity or Arianna Harley. All of them are great women!

And when can we expect to see you on tour?

I have no idea! *laughs* I'm currently supporting Alec on his tour with Lincoln and C.M.B.D and that's a lot of fun.

This one may be a bit odd, but this next question is mostly for my buddy Erica, how many people have you killed?

One or two. *laughs* Actually, nobody yet but I should start with certain people!

What does being a successful musician mean to you?

To be happy with your craft. That's the goal of every musician, I think and that is what makes successful.

Time for some quick questions, are you feeling it?

Sure! *laughs*

First one, if you could be either of these people for one day, who would you be? Glamazon or Vanity?

That's a tough question. I think I would like to be Glamazon, just to know what she thinks. She seems so mysterious to me, I have no idea why. She's really something else.

Who could the music industry do without?

I don't know! Everybody is kind of great, in their own way.

You can spend one crazy wild night with anyone in the industry, who would you choose and what would you do to them?

I would definitely choose Andrea because she seems so much fun and somebody who wouldn't judge you. I feel like, she is somebody who would support you even if your ideas are stupid. And I would just enjoy a great night with her, get something to drink and just party all night. Enjoy life.

And finally, what would you do differently if you had the opportunity to start your career again?

I would trust less people.
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 07/05/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/05/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/05/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 07/05/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/05/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 08/05/2016(UTC)