logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2016 22:44:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Good evening Liyah, I’ve been looking forward to having you on the show. How’s things been going?

Hey Cara, I have been looking forward to this too. Finally get to be out and talk about some thing and shit. I can curse right? I don't want you to get pulled from having a rapper on the show.

Your career has been pretty stop start since you debuted and you had a pretty personal falling out with your label which you addressed at the beginning of the year, have things been resolved on that front?

Sadly no, there still a lot of hair pulling and name calling, that comes with being in messy situations like these. It has been rough with getting in these contracts and then having people change on you for whatever reason. But you just got to put on your big girl's bra and panties and do what is best for you and your dream.

You announced your E.P, “Sorry Not Sorry” in April and you stated that it was necessary for you to fulfil your contract with Permanent Reminder. What does this mean for you in terms of your recording career, are you gonna look for a new label to work with?

You know since this isn't the first time I had problems with record deals, this one is just the first openly public one, I might just stay independent for a while, I'm not going to rush into another situation cause of this moment but I not going to be in any hurry to get to a bigger platform, thankfully I have fans that support me and have been there through thick and thin.

Had I have known about your internal struggles last year I’d have certainly done all I could to get you signed to Songs to Love and Die By. I don’t believe you will be short of offers, but where ideally would you like to be?

Awww your really sweet Cara, I would have love you trying to woo me. Ideally I don't know, I hear all the time how Kidd label is nice, and then there FREEDOM and studio60. I may just play the field get on guest tracks for big names and keep my personal stuff on independent for right now.

Are there any real longer term goals for you? I know a lot of people want to hear a fully-fledged album from yourself?

I been working really hard to try and get an album out there but with all the red tape and you can and can't do. I really want to do it guys but sometimes some things don't come out when you want it to. That doesn't mean it not going to happen it just means you have to wait a little bit longer then expected.

What do you make of the current rap and hip-hop landscape, it’s pretty full right now. But is it good enough?

I don't know what it is, but female rappers just seem to have just fallen off. I like Miami and Rum but there used to be a lot more female rappers out

You’ve been known to work with many people, who did you have the best experience of working with?

I remember doing a song from lotus, Miami and rum all no limitation and it was a very fun and interesting the concept was was very empowering and uplifting. I don't know why we don't do more of that while still doing the same "I'm better then you," Hip hop could be so much more then that.

Like I said before, the rap landscape is pretty full right now, but who would be top of your list of people to work with right now?

I always wanted to do something off the wall and a little different but I might reach back and get something no one thought about. I may still do it I'm in talks with a few people to try and do something that neither of us done has done before.

Alright, time for some quick questions. Are you all set to go?

I was born ready, give me your best shot.

Miami or Kara Romero?

oh man your not an option? umm Kara seems too fresh and new and I don't want to break anyone end, I want someone experience and miami seems down with one nights.

We’ve seen collaborative albums from rappers in the past. If you had to, who would you do such a project with?

Ugh, I don't really like the idea of a whole collab album it just me with the pacing. If I had to I would invite all the women of influence, Lotus, Rum & Coke, Isabel, 9lives, Mi-Mi, CMBD, SYNCO, Girl Spice, Valentina Hart, Vanity, Gemma Kane, Glamazon, the whole list and then Just release all the songs as single and never work again. That's like 4 cds worth right there.

If you could go back a year in your life, what would you do differently?

I'm might of stayed independent, but things happen for a reason, hinesight being 20/20 looking in the past can only make you do better decision in the future. My grandma always said it's better to go and make mistakes early do not do the dumb stuff late.

In anticipation for new music from you, what do you have to say to your competition?

My new stuff is going to be going these back to the old days where I would just go and rap about how I feel and what it on my mind, like always, but I'm pissed so you going to see a lot more agression, and anger and me venting about these problems. So it would not be wise to come with me on the back talk, I will take your head off.

And finally, I personally ship this, but you and Drew Westbrook? Ever been there?

Drew is cute, but he doesn't do it for me, I'm more of a billy khan kind of girl. He seems like a dick, but he also sweet. I love sourpatch guys they love more, and the drama isn't dumb shit. Just honesty and straight forward bluntness.

Edited by user 14 May 2016 01:14:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 13/05/2016(UTC), erich hess on 13/05/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/05/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/05/2016(UTC), kandii on 14/05/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2016 23:53:57(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: I remember a really wacky time with liyah and....I think rum. I don't remember much about it ,other than I dressed in drag. She's a sweet girl.

Karoliena: didn't that bitch you were married to get pissed off about that? What am I asking? Of course she got pissed off.

Erich: I wouldn't go as far as name calling...but yeah. she did.

Erica: poor drew. Just can't catch a break. I have have a nerve to have my way with him.

Nina: he'd probably cry after,love. He looks like a weeper.

Erica: well...I am pretty good. It's normal for people to be overcome with emotion after sex with me.

Nina: shame being the most prevalent emotion?

Edited by user 13 May 2016 23:54:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 14/05/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/05/2016(UTC)