logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2017 07:29:20(UTC)
JohnnyBBB
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/04/2015(UTC)
Posts: 661
Man
Greece

Thanks: 4664 times
Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Same Memories ft. Amy-Jayne
Released: January 26, 2017
Recorded: 2016
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:32
Label: Just Record Records
Songwriters: Cara Zayn and Johnny Carter
Producers: Blanko and Johnny Carter
From the album: Honest



"Same Memories" is a song recorded by singer Johnny Carter featuring Amy-Jayne. It was co-written by Johnny with Cara Zayn and produced by Blanko and Johnny. It was released on January 26, 2017 through Just Record Records as the third single from his debut studio album, Honest (TBA). "Same Memories" received mostly positive reviews from music critics who praised Johnny and Amy-Jayne's collaboration, the lyrics and mood of the song.


Johnny started writing and working on the song early of 2016, but he didn't really felt like it was right until Cara Zayn took it and wrote the song keeping some of his lyrics and the main idea. According to Johnny, he reached out to her, gave her the song and she's really cool, and she offered to help him. When the song was ready, he recorded a demo but it didn't sound like it was supposed to, he thought about it being a collaboration between him and a female singer. The first one on his mind was Amy-Jayne, he always liked her as a singer and as a person, he played the song to her, she really liked it and got in the studio immediately.




Lyrics

[Johnny]
I don’t think I’ve ever been this lost
I find myself alone in the home that we once shared
Thought that we’d be the ones to make it
Thought that you were the one that truly cared
But look where that got me
Look at me now
Living in this emptiness
And I just don’t understand how

[Amy-Jayne]
I spend nights thinking about you
The love that tore my life apart
Searching our photographs and videos
They only serve to hurt my heart
[Johnny]
And I can’t find the motivation
To be the man I was before
I can’t find the inspiration
Without you by my side anymore

Every day I see and feel the same things
I’m just following my boring ass routine
There’s no one to change it, oh no
No one to make me go out of my home
Now I’m waiting for you
Now I’m waiting to change these same memories

[Amy-Jayne]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
So many thoughts running through my mind
But there was just no warnings
[Johnny]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
Checking my phone, but you ain’t calling
[Amy-Jayne]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
So many thoughts running through my mind
Same memories that I can’t leave behind

If I ever love again
I fear that it won’t be the same
If I ever find someone new
I know that they won’t be as perfect as you
And that’s why I’m struggling
That’s why I’m falling
Same memories
[Johnny]
Same memories

[Amy-Jayne]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
So many thoughts running through my mind
But there was just no warnings
[Johnny]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
Checking my phone, but you ain’t calling
[Amy-Jayne]
Sleepless nights, early mornings
So many thoughts running through my mind
Same memories that I can’t leave behind


Sounds Like:

thanks 11 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 27/01/2017(UTC), kandii on 27/01/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/01/2017(UTC), erich hess on 27/01/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/01/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 27/01/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/01/2017(UTC), mrtblr on 27/01/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/01/2017(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/02/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 27/02/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2017 12:02:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 30/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 19,080
Location: USA

Thanks: 11834 times
Was thanked: 19064 time(s) in 6372 post(s)
OOC: JOHNNY!!! Yes, I live for surprise releases and I never seen this coming. I swear I love the growth of Johnny Carter over the time you've been here. It's so realistic, it's not like he came here and got huge over night, it was a process and over that time I've really seen an improvement in your RPs and it's great to see Johnny as a fully fledged star nowadays. I love how personal "Same Memories" is, in fact, with Come Out, the collab we did with Dale Dunn, and now this?....Johnny's album is going to be hugely "Honest" and it really goes well with the concept and upcoming album title. Although I don't "live" for the sound alike, I think the collaboration and the lyrics makes for something much better to come out of it all and I'm so excited for the new album. The next single has to be a bop though, I know Johnny got it (;

UserPostedImage

Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron Styles
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • Jay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 14/02/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 15/02/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#3 Posted : 16 February 2017 22:17:45(UTC)
JohnnyBBB
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/04/2015(UTC)
Posts: 661
Man
Greece

Thanks: 4664 times
Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
OOC: Thank you so much!! I actually feel a connection with the character so it's like I'm in his position, like I'm growing as an artist and I express myself throughout him. Unfortunately because of my school and exams I don't have much time, but I want to be a part of the game, that's why the RP was short and that's why I don't know when I'll release his album. The album has some bops too haha. As for the soundalike, this wasn't the original one but some days earlier someone released smth with the original and I decided to change it.
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2017 18:53:04(UTC)
C4AJoh
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Joined: 18/05/2009(UTC)
Posts: 12,752
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 3407 times
Was thanked: 7273 time(s) in 2340 post(s)
Cara: It was an absolute joy to help out on this track with you and I've enjoyed seeing your rise within the music world. You took your time, you figured out who you are as an artist and you didn't rush anything. I believe that all of that has contributed in you becoming a huge star. It doesn't feel forced and it doesn't feel fake, it doesn't feel like you're a product of a label trying to force you into super-stardom. You are simply an artist with his own mind and I appreciate that greatly!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 18/02/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 19 February 2017 00:08:36(UTC)
freestylechamp
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 13/07/2013(UTC)
Posts: 6,813
Man
United States

Thanks: 8545 times
Was thanked: 5402 time(s) in 2457 post(s)
Chris: You know unlike Austin, Kato, and even Kim-Lee. Johnny had like one single and just blew up after that. You think about his career now and how he got to where he was before that first single. Boom, and Of course Cara had to have a part in a great song, and Amy did well here it wasn't a overbearing feature and they worked together well, in all I have to say Johnny might be the reason Just Record is doing fine cause no body else is really doing anything.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage


This is a graphic that I created for my basketball player
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 19/02/2017(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2017 23:33:08(UTC)
BrownSugar
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Joined: 18/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 26,455
Man
United Kingdom
Location: In between the couch cushions

Thanks: 9648 times
Was thanked: 17311 time(s) in 6861 post(s)
Dustyn: Johnny! I love this song so much and every one of your releases just gets better and better. It was also nice to hear from Amy-Jayne again who hasn't been all that active on the music front lately. I have to admit, it wasn't a collaboration that I was expecting or thinking that it would work but it really does! It's one of those songs that just creeps up on you and gets stuck in your head without even realising...and it's not even an uptempo track! It's very hard to do something like that with a track that's more stripped back so well done!

ooc: It's amazing to see how far you've progressed as a writer and roleplayer since joining. Johnny has also developed so much as an artist. We get a handful of new roleplayers every so often but not many stick around and I am so glad that you are very much part of this little RP family now. I think that the character has truly grown with every release and I can't wait to see what you/he brings for the album. Great work here :)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 21/02/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#7 Posted : 23 February 2017 08:01:20(UTC)
JohnnyBBB
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/04/2015(UTC)
Posts: 661
Man
Greece

Thanks: 4664 times
Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Cara: It was an absolute joy to help out on this track with you and I've enjoyed seeing your rise within the music world. You took your time, you figured out who you are as an artist and you didn't rush anything. I believe that all of that has contributed in you becoming a huge star. It doesn't feel forced and it doesn't feel fake, it doesn't feel like you're a product of a label trying to force you into super-stardom. You are simply an artist with his own mind and I appreciate that greatly!


Johnny: It was an honor to work with you! Thank you so much! It's amazing to hear those things, especially from someone like you! I'm trying to do my best and grow as an artist and I thank god for all the opportunities and great things!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: You know unlike Austin, Kato, and even Kim-Lee. Johnny had like one single and just blew up after that. You think about his career now and how he got to where he was before that first single. Boom, and Of course Cara had to have a part in a great song, and Amy did well here it wasn't a overbearing feature and they worked together well, in all I have to say Johnny might be the reason Just Record is doing fine cause no body else is really doing anything.


Johnny: Thank you Chris! Cara and Amy are a big part of this song and they were both pretty amazing to work with! Just Record is a great label and they just make you feel comfortable and free, I'm sure other acts from Just Record will release music this year!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: Johnny! I love this song so much and every one of your releases just gets better and better. It was also nice to hear from Amy-Jayne again who hasn't been all that active on the music front lately. I have to admit, it wasn't a collaboration that I was expecting or thinking that it would work but it really does! It's one of those songs that just creeps up on you and gets stuck in your head without even realising...and it's not even an uptempo track! It's very hard to do something like that with a track that's more stripped back so well done!

ooc: It's amazing to see how far you've progressed as a writer and roleplayer since joining. Johnny has also developed so much as an artist. We get a handful of new roleplayers every so often but not many stick around and I am so glad that you are very much part of this little RP family now. I think that the character has truly grown with every release and I can't wait to see what you/he brings for the album. Great work here :)


Johnny: Thank you so much Dustyn! Amy-Jayne is an amazing person and singer! I'm thankful she said yes and we collaborated. I'm glad you have that feeling and that we got to do a song like that!

OOC: Thank you so much! Well it's one of the few "games" I like and you all are great and from the first time you made me feel comfortable and supported my posts even though I was new!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2021, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.345 seconds.