logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 18 February 2017 07:17:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Good evening and welcome to the show for the very first time. I've got to say, you've been on my list of dream guests to interview ever since I started this talk show. I've admired you from a distance for a while and now we're finally together. Why has it taken so long?
Hey, honey! Hey y'all! (Waves to audience). It's great to finally be here. Y'all...I've been busy recording this album, working myself silly until all hours in the studio, being the mom of a rather boisterous four-year-old boy, I've barely had any time to myself! It's good to be here. I can finally be "Andrea" here and not "mommy" or the crazy bitch working my team in the studio until 4 A.M.

So, first things first. Music. You've hyped your next album for a little while now and we all know the world is waiting to hear what you have to say. What can we expect from your next album?
Diversity, that's for sure. It's predominately an R&B record but it branches off into other sounds. I wouldn't like to box myself into one specific genre. I'm a country girl as you know from my previous album so I'd never turn my back on that. Definitely some country vibes but it's all with a twist. I've been experimenting a lot. There's also hip-hop, rap, pop, rock inspired stuff. It all combines nicely with an Andrea stamp on it.

And when can we expect to hear “Southern Belle” because the lyric teaser you posted a while back sent me into an absolute frenzy of epic fangirl proportions as did both singles that you've released.
I would ask my label. I don't want to give a date because I've given two dates before and well...as you can see, no album yet! I also get new opportunities with people wanting to work with me so sometimes we have rearrange and rework things to make room for that. I can tell you that I have a tracklist ready...subject to change...but there's no shortage of material. It's not like I'm in the early days of recording so the wait shouldn't be much longer.

Frustratingly the album has suffered from a lot of delays, what are the reasons for these?
"Well collaborations are one thing, like I said. Whether someone wants to involve themselves in the project or I think a song would be super dope with another artist on there, it all takes time. I think my label, Pesky, want this to be a huge success for me and the delays have allowed them to generate even more money for the campaign behind the scenes plus I've grown more as a woman and songwriter since I first started the project. I've brought in even better, more personal songs to the project and I was allowed to do that because we didn't jump straight into it.

The fanbase is definitely there for the record. Both singles, “Force” and “Something For The Fire” went to number one. I can speak from previous label experience, it's pretty important to capitalize on interest and buzz, not only for the artists career but also selfishly from a financial point of view too. Do the delays worry you at all?
"They don't worry me. I think the fan base I have are fucking amazing...oops...am I allowed to cuss? Anyway, they will support me no matter what and I appreciate that. If the fans like it then I don't care about anything else. I'd rather have an album full of songs that I love and that I'm proud of than a generic, quick cash-in. Delays won't change how I feel about my material. I know that no matter where it charts or how it sells, fans of other artists on Twitter will hate on it anyway and react with shady gifs, I'll be compared to other pop girls and Queen Alexis will berate me the second it hits the shelves. It's all good. Ya girl is prepared!

I think it's going to be really interesting to see the contrast from your debut album compared to your next record. Would I be right in saying that the timid Andrea that debuted in the industry has gone and we're in for something a little more “extreme”.
Without a doubt. That chick is GONE. Dead and buried. The end. Spit on her grave, hun. I've always been honest in my songwriting. It's almost always autobiographical but on this album, I'm allowed to cuss and get a little...dark. I can really express how I want to feel and I don't sugarcoat anything. Like with Something For The Fire, I shared a part of my life and some thoughts that most people would want to lock away in a chest at the bottom of the sea, girl! Southern Belle is honest, ballsy and...Andrea. I make no apologies.

Some people will say that your career has been defined by public headlines rather than music, would you say that's a fair assessment?
"I can agree with that, especially with how I handled things in the early days. I didn't come from a family with experience in the industry. I didn't grow up in a famous household and attend a stage school. I was not media trained at all. I was just handed stardom overnight and was just expected to deal with it. I'm a very emotional person. I wear my heart on my Versace sleeves, girl. Back then I didn't know that being that open about stuff was damaging and defining. As you grow, you learn the tricks of the trade: what to say, what not to, when to say thing, who to avoid...all of that. I was just thrown into the deep end while also being a pretty emotionally unstable teenage girl. Boy problems, low self esteem, crappy personal life...none of that helped either. Even now, people still take a lot of interest in my personal life. Hey, I must be one interesting bitch so I'm not caring!"

And is that something that you'd like to rectify with your next album?
"I definitely want to prove that there is a lot more to me as an artist. People are going to judge me for my personal life no matter what. That's whatever. My work on the other hand, that's my heart and soul. I put a lot of hard work into my music and I'd like for people to be open-minded and check it out. If they hate me then hey, that's their loss, but they should at least listen to the music. I believe in myself as an artist. I'm the best that I can be at this moment in time and am constantly working on myself. I want to show that there's a lot more versatility and layers to Andrea the recording artist besides the whiny country girl who complains about life on her guitar non-stop. I'm leaving that to Ellie-Grace Summers, hun."

I certainly see “Southern Belle” as an opportunity for you to prove people wrong. Whether it's from people saying that your popularity is due to your personal life or people saying that you just haven't proven yourself as a popstar. Is it fair to say that this next album is all about proving yourself? If so, it's a perfect start with two straight number one singles.
"I think that Southern Belle will prove people wrong because of its content but that wasn't the idea while going into this. It wasn't like "Oh my God, I NEED to prove people wrong. Let me go write songs that will shock people!". I just wrote what I wanted to. I let it flow out and I created a record that I just wanted to create. It just so happens that the final outcome is a drastic change to what they've heard before. It definitely sums up who I am as an artist and person better than the first record, In and Out of Consciousness. It took near enough five years to get the debut album out and in the end, although I do love it, the record was just a collection of good songs that we put together in order to tie it all up and say goodbye to that never ending era. Southern Belle is more authentic and really documents where I am in life right now."

And what sort of statement are you hoping to make with the new album?
"That I'm human, I have my demons but I'm proud of who I am and I'm gonna enjoy my time on this Earth, girl! It's a raw album in many places but there's also a very upbeat and sometimes...trashy...nature to it. That ratchet music, hun! It's a cliche but it is like a ride, this album. Sometimes it's a little too truthful and we don't always want to hear it. Sometimes I'm high as a fricking kite and just being plain weird on there. Maybe your girl is feeling some sort of way and I record a song about what goes on between the sheets?! There are a lot of things going on in there but it's all about life. It documents the highs and lows but the overall message is just to take it on the chin, go with it, own who you are and enjoy the time you have on this planet."

When can we expect to hear some more songs from the album?
"Like I said before, I hate giving dates. All I'm going to say is "soon". I know that word is like the kiss of death for delayed records but I promise. It won't be another single just yet but y'all are going to hear an album cut or two in the VERY near future."

Okay, so I'm hesitant to go into this. But it's wouldn't be right if we didn't talk briefly about your personal life. Your relationship with Billy was a huge deal and remains a huge deal despite you both not being together. What have you taken away from that relationship?
"I know that nothing lasts forever, that's for sure. Honestly, I thought that once we got together that would be it. We'd grow up together, have more babies and just die together. I was WRONG! I had relationships in the past and they screwed me over too but with Billy, we got married and had a baby. I thought it was all set in stone. Nope. Looking back, there is no way we would have lasted. I was heartbroken at the time but I realise that it wouldn't have worked. I was too meek, needy and had no structure in my life whatsoever. Billy was adjusting to fame, finding it hard to transition from homeless teen to global pop star and he wasn't diagnosed or taking medication back then so was pretty volatile. He has some form of a personality disorder. Towards the end of it and after the split, I developed more of a backbone. I was really burnt out by the relationship as well and it taught me to be a little more wary when involving myself with people. I used to fall head over heels for someone the moment they made eye contact but now I've learned to take things slow."

And how do you feel about his recent engagement to Jerry Holmes?
"I am so happy for both of them. They do make a great couple and I know that when our boy, Daniel, is staying with them he has the best time. Billy has sorted himself out. He's taking the right medication, has grown into a man and found someone who can really challenge him when needed and also rein him in. There's no bad blood. People also ask me "How does it feel to know that your ex went on to marry another guy?!" and I'm like...why would that even bother me? I don't see a person of the same sex as a downgrade. I was always aware of Billy's bisexuality from the beginning. He told me and part of me always knew that he probably did lean towards guys that little bit more. Hun, when we were in bed he would ask me to do certain things and I was like "Boo, I ain't equipped for that!". Seriously though, good luck to both of them. I've not had the easiest life but neither has Billy so he deserves happiness."

It's great to see you speak so positively about that. I think as a part of the LGBT community it's great to have support from people that have a power to influence change. Is this activism something you will continue to champion?
"100%! I hate how in this day and age we are still fighting for equality. Whether it's gender, age, race or sexuality. It's 2017, people! We're still having debates like this? Some of y'all are still living in 1953. It really bugs me to see artists like Joshua Grimmie get ripped to shreds online for expressing his love and support for so many minorities and movements. It's really unfair how these right-wing folk are so proud to stand up for what they believe in but when we do the same, we are "whining Lefties" with our "Liberal tears". Y'all can call me that if you want. What I call it is being a good fucking person. I don't know about the rest of y'all! All I know is, I won't stop supporting the LGBTQ community, Black Lives Matter, feminism...all of that. Just because we have a burst bagpipe looking dude for a President isn't going to change my morals and beliefs. He can kiss my Southern Ass with that way of thinking and this Tomi Lahren girl can cash me outside howbow dah?"

And how about yourself? How is your love life right now?
Oh it's delightful. I've been dating Payton for a few months now and I know people have this idea of him in their heads but he's just the sweetest and really treats me right. I swear, Andrea is doing it right this time. These compliments are not said with a gun pressed into my back! He is genuinely such a breath of fresh air, really respectful of me, so supportive of my work and amazing with my little boy. I couldn't ask for more.

We're gonna get some after dark questions in before you go. You ready for a little fun?
"Girl, I was born ready for a little fun on TV."

One person that you've met in the industry that you thought would be nice but turned out to be an asshole?
Ellie-Grace Summers. I mean she was sweet to my face and wasn't like an asshole in terms of how she acted around me but I believe that while she was recorded her new album, she was cherry picking ideas from mine and doing some eavesdropping. You just "happened" to want a drastic change in sound this time around? You just "coincidentally" collaborated with Billy on a song about a fucked up relationship? You just "happened" to throw down more money to book a producer during the time when I was supposed to work with them? Bitch, bye.

One person that you've met in the industry that you would be an asshole but turned out to be nice?
"Honestly...my boy, Payton! You know, you read stories and you can only get a glimpse of a person through their social media pages. I know more than most people that you can't judge a book by its cover so I was open minded when meeting him. He's just the best though. Real chilled, non-judgemental, super fun...yeah.

I'm gonna give you the name of three women and three men in the industry. You have to pair them up. You're decisions for pairing them can be whatever you would like but you must explain you choices. Three women, Miami, Isabel and Chaelin. Three men, Lincoln, Drew and James Urie. Put them together and explain why?
"Lincoln and Isabel for sure. They are both young, talented pop performers, have a cute innocence surrounding them and they would have loads in common. Plus could you imagine the media frenzy? Damn. Drew and Miami would go together. That's purely because of the genre of music they're doing. I think it would be beneficial for both of them. They'd have loads in common too. Finally, Chaelin and James. Now I don't know too much about James but he seems rather gruff and manly. I know Chaelin must like that in a guy because she's dating Riley Hamilton...A MAN.

Plan out an evening spent with one person in the entertainment industry. Who do you choose and what do you do?
"I'd love to spend a day with Rum. That's my girl right there. We worked in the studio ages ago and have met up with each other a few times since then but I'd really love to get an entire evening with her. It's not often that you meet someone in the exact same profession who just gets you. A lot of people try to change you and offer "friendly advice" but she just lets a bitch be. I don't think I could actually plan something because we'd never stick to it. The night would be chaotic and all over the place. Messy, yes! I could imagine us crashing parties and travelling around the city, trying to get as many freebies as possible and just being a total mess."

Biggest disappointment of 2016 musically?
"I'm not going to say any releases were a disappointment. I'm all for celebrating artists and their work. What I will say was a disappointment though was the lack of material. God knows how many people suffered delays. My boys in The Stat Nerds have been trying to get an album out longer than I have. Chaelin's stuff got pushed back. Jennifer Armstrong's been gone for a minute. SYNCO still haven't delivered that album. There have been lots of cuts in the industry and it sucks so many of us are suffering."

If you had to make a duets album with one other artist, who would be top of that list and who would be bottom of that list?
"The top of the list would be...hmmm...Kara Romero. I think she's a cool, unique artist with a mind of her own and lots to say. Would love to get in the studio with her one day, put our minds together and see what we create. I think that'd be pretty dope. The bottom of the list would probably be...Adam Black. I know he's gone kinda quiet now but hun, I've had enough bad press to last me a lifetime. I don't need to stir that pot, OK?"

Well it is certainly great to finally have you on the show and the energy and love that you have brought with you is greatly appreciated. Thanks for being here and hopefully you'll come back again sometime.
"Oh it was my pleasure, Cara! I'd be back in a minute, hun. Was great to finally be here and your audience are so turnt and looking fine! Anytime, girl."
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 18/02/2017(UTC), erich hess on 18/02/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/02/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 18/02/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 18/02/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/02/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 19/02/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2017 07:42:35(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: I'd kind of like to see a a country album from the new Andrea. Something rough and hell raising. Not semi twangy pop that passes for country these days. Something about pill popping and violence.

Erica: in a weird way,Andrea and Payton are adorbs together. Yeah,they kind of look alike. But that's kinda hot too. Good for her.

Marino: there's a joke to be made about Andrea and Adam black working together. But I'm above that.

Erica: mariko!

Mariko: what? Adam black is someone I'll never forgive.

Erica: I know. But isn't that a rather dark joke for you to make?

Marino: do you feel a special bond with everyone who has lost a spouse?

Erica: well....No.

Mariko: exactly. Besides,if Andrea clearly had problems with her past,I wouldn't make any mention of it. She's moved on.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 18/02/2017(UTC), kandii on 18/02/2017(UTC)