logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2017 05:19:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Lexi, welcome to the show. It's great to have you here, how has 2017 been treating you so far?

It's been great. I can't complain at all about it. It's looking like 2017 will be a great year. A lot of great things have been happening both in my personal and professional life. My best friend in the world, Ally Hansen Jarvez, just had her baby! He arrived early, but has grown really strong. He's a real cutie pie, and I'm just so happy for her and her husband. My mom is also having a baby, and just announced that she's engaged as well. She's been through a lot over the years. So I'm happy that she's getting a second chance to be happy again. My little boy just turned 1 earlier this month. It's a lot to take in, but I'm just thrilled by it all. I can't wait to continue on with the new year as it looks very promising.

So, lets go back a little. You started out as part of the Hollywood Arts program at just 15 years old. How do you think your experience at the program helped you prepare for the industry?

Wow. I honestly forgot about my time there at Hollywood Arts. So much has happened since then that it seems like a lifetime ago. I had a lot of fun there though. It was a great experience getting to work with such incredible mentors and instructors. I feel as though my time there really prepared me for what to expect in the industry, because it allowed me to somewhat go through the process of what artists go through on a daily basis. There was a lot of opportunity for me to experience and partake in song writing sessions, recording songs in the studio, working and collaborating with producers and other songs writers, and performing in front of an audience. All those things, in my opinion, just really helped me for the long run. So much so that once I actually started to break out in the industry a couple years after the fact, it just felt natural to me. I wasn't scared or intimated by it at all.

You were part of the same class that included names like Dae Ho Park, Eilidh Greene and Dylan Shaw. All of which certainly made it in the industry in one way or another. Do you still keep in touch with the people that you spent time with back at Hollywood Arts?

You know, it's so crazy to think about now. I can't believe that I was in the same program as them you know. It just blows my mind sometimes, but it was incredible. Everyone was really so great and had wonderful personalities. It was a blast being in the program and getting to work with them. To be perfectly honest, I don't anymore. I guess life happened and we all just drifted apart. I would love to get back in touch with them and maybe after this it'll happen. I'm just glad that the program allowed us to get to where we wanted to be.

Earlier last year you released your debut single 'Lost in You' and it received a lot of positivity from your fans. At the end of the year, you were one of the most exciting new artists in the industry. Do you think it's fair to say that the release and success of that song was what truly set you on your way?

Yes, I definitely believe that it was. Up until then, no one really knew who I was. It wasn't until that song started to do so well that things changed. I became an overnight success so to speak, but I haven't let it all go to my head. I still consider myself a normal person even if I can't go to many of my favorite places anymore without being recognized by my fans. It's a small change for me as I was already sort of used to it already. It is nice though, and I look forward to seeing where my new profound fame takes me.

What sort of emotions did you go through when you heard that 'Lost in You' went to number one?

I was in complete and utter shock at first. I never expected for this song to be as successful as it was. I thought maybe I'd be lucky if I got in the top 20 or so. I never once considered that I would score a number one at all, let along my debut song. After the initial shock, I was beyond excited for the overnight success. I couldn't go anywhere without hearing it on the radio or hearing it blasted from someone's car speakers. It was incredible and I was glad that the song was received so well. For me, the song is personal as it's about my ex boyfriend, who I'm of course no longer with. He's now married to my best friend, and I'm completely fine with that. A lot of people ask me how I can be okay with it because of the girl code and all. I'm not one to care about crazy made up rules like that. They both make each other happy and I wasn't going to ruin that for either one of them. I will say though that I used to love performing the song but now that we're no longer together, it's lost it's meaning to me. I don't enjoy singing it anymore, but I will for my fans.

You then followed that up with a surprising collaboration with the rapper YoungHood on the track 'Dum Dada' which was one of my favourite summer anthems of 2016, how did that collaboration happen?

The song happens to be a cover by one of my favorite artists, which I'm sure everyone knows by now, and I wanted to cover it. Of course I wanted to put my own spin on it and change it up a little to fit me. I wrote an all new bridge, and YoungHood wrote his verse as well. I originally recorded the song by myself, but I agreed with my producer that it was missing something. We ended up coming up with the idea that maybe we should feature someone on it. Long story short, we were able to make that happen, and YoungHood answered back and said he wanted to be on it. He sent over his verse and it was a wrap from there. I thought that he killed it, and I was so happy with the finished product. I'm glad that this song was also received so well, because a lot of times people don't like artists sampling or covering other people's songs you know. Fortunately, it all worked out well for me.

You've also recently signed a recording contract with 'Cardinal Records'. Does this mean we can see a little bit more of Lexi in 2017. More singles on the horizon?

Absolutely! I've been working on so much music lately, and I'm excited about releasing them. Before I was signed, I was promoting my debut EP, 'XO.' 'Lost In You,' and 'Dum Dada,' are the first singles to be released from it. Originally I was only planning to release just one single, as the EP has only five songs on it, but I became a little too excited and wanted to release another. So yeah, my fans can expect the EP soon now that I'm signed to Cardinal Records. I'm excited about that and it actually took a lot of time before I decided I wanted to be on a label. I'm not too keen on labels as I've seen a lot of artists done wrong. I didn't want that for me but Cardinal Records is a genuine label. I already feel at home there.

And what about a full-length album. A lot of your fans have been pinning their hopes on hearing your debut record at some point this year. Any news on the possibility of that?

As of now, I'm focused more on releasing an EP first, and possibly one this summer as well. After which, it's definitely possible that I'll put my debut album out this Fall. It just all depends on the timing as that's important to me. It has to feel right to me. I don't want to force anything or feel like I'm pressured to put out an album to keep momentum. I plan to do it my way but with also listening to my label and compromising with some of their ideas also. I can't pin an exact date but it's possible my debut album will drop this year.

So, can we expect more collaborations in the future too?

Of course! I already have a few people I'd like to collaborate with, but we'll see how that goes. It has to feel right for them as well as for me. I would never force any artists into working with me. It would have to be in the best interests for us both. I'm sure my fans are wondering who I could be hinting at, but I can't reveal too much at this time. That sucks, I know but I think things are better as surprises. In due time, you'll all be able to find out. I promise I won't take too long with it though as everything will be happening soon.

And away from music, we all know that you're multi-talented. Initially finding fame as a blogger, do you have any outside projects that you're gonna be taking part in away from the music?

I would say that it seems like I only dabbled a little in blogging. I wish I would have kept it up but with so much happening in my personal life it became impossible. I miss the blogging side of things, but it's great being on the other side and being the artist. It's crazy to have some other blogger blogging about my songs now, when a couple of years ago I used to do that. I have a whole new respect for artists and bloggers now because of it. It's hard work, and I don't really take it too personal if a blogger says bad things about one of my songs. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and maybe that song just didn't appeal to them. That's okay with me as I know you can't please everyone. I'm just happy to be able to do what I do. Not too many people are able to get that chance. I consider myself quite lucky. As of now, I don't really have any plans of partaking in other projects outside of music just yet. I wanted to do music for years now, so that's my top priority. However, it's possible that maybe in the future I'll start to dabble into other things.

With all of this of course comes attention on your private life. You're currently in a high-profile relationship with Elyar Black. How are things going with that and how do you guys deal with extra focus on your relationship?

My relationship with Elyar is fine as of now. It hasn't always been that way for us. We've gone through a lot of issues over the years, but we try to keep those very same issues private. I learned the hard way when we first started dating just how hard it would be dating a celebrity. Everyone is always making comments and expressing their opinions about our relationship. It's overwhelming at times, and I have to be careful not to pay too much attention to it. Specifically, there's a lot of hate over the age difference between us. We're 6 years apart and a lot of people have a problem with it. I don't really care though. I never have because I fell in love with the person he is and not his age. I've learned to block out the hate and to focus on us. The media is most likely the worse, because they lie a lot about things that they shouldn't. Elyar always receives a lot of hate, and while dating him that's something I have to accept. I hate that he's seen in a negative light because he's an amazing guy. I wish people would mind their own business and understand that I'm with him under my own will. Everything we have is mutual and I'm happy with my life with him. We have an amazing 1 year old son, amazing careers and a great life together.

Okay, the serious stuff is done now. Time for some AfterDark questions.

Sounds great. I watch your show all the time and I love this part of the show. I'm ready, lets do this.

Isabel, Mandy Williams or Andrea. Who is the queen of pop-music right now?

I'm personally a big fan of all three. They're all successful in their own different ways. I would say Isabel but she's been gone for a while. So as of right now, I chose Mandy. She's been killing it lately with her new music. After everything that has happened with her, I'm glad to see that she's not letting it get to her. She's doing her thing and that inspires me.

If you could collaborate with any artist currently in the music industry. Who would you choose?

Two questions in and I'm already stumped. Um, oh man. Who to choose? Um well I'm really big into rappers so I would say that I want to work with Kidd Amaze. I love all his work and I think that if we could find a dope track that we could make it work. Only if he's down of course. Who knows, maybe it'll happen sometime this year. You never know.

Who would be top of the list of collaborators to avoid at all costs?

Billy for obvious reasons. Its no secret that I don't like him and that's mostly because of two reasons. One, he doesn't like Elyar at all and has done everything he could to make his life miserable. Two, he's said really inappropriate things about my son. That really upset me. I know he's a horrible person, but I honestly didn't think that he could stoop so low and talk about someone's kid, especially when he has a kid of his own. It's unacceptable and disgusting to me. I have no respect for him and working with him would never happen.

Who is your favourite artist right now?

Eilidh. She's so cute to me and I have a girl crush on her. If you look on my playlists, her songs are always played the most. I just love her style. She's one of the girls in this industry that I admire. I dream of maybe working with her someday but we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll stay a fan and lookout for any and all music from her.

Who is your least favourite artist right now?

Aliya Rose. I don't care much for her ever since I found out she slept with Elyar. We were broken up at the time, but I was really mad about it. I didn't expect him to sleep with someone from the industry. I used to like her music but that situation turned me off to it now. If I ever saw her in person, I probably would lose it.

Favourite late night talk show host?

Cara Zayn of course. I try to watch the show whenever I can. You ask amazing questions and have great guests. I also love Jimmy Fallon. I love the Musical Impression segments of his shows. The acts that pull it off are always really incredible. I wouldn't mind being on his show one day.

And on that note. That is all we have time for this evening. Please drop by the show again soon. Thank you Lexi

You're welcome Cara! Thank you for having me. I had a blast and a lot of fun answering all your questions. I'll definitely be back again someday.
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 04/03/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/03/2017(UTC), erich hess on 04/03/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/03/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/03/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 05/03/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 09/03/2017(UTC)