logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2017 05:57:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the show Anaísz. It's great to have a fellow Cali girl here with me. How you feeling?

"Thank you for having me, I love your show! I'm feeling wonderful mixed with blessed."

I remember when we first became fully aware of you. Not gonna lie, I'd have loved to have had you become part of my label back then. But FREEDOM got there first. Do you think everything has gone the way you had hoped since you debuted?

"I think everything has surpassed what I'd hoped would happen with my debut. I definitely did not expect a number one, like that is crazy to me! But, I think there's always room for improvement and to grow as an artist."

It was a pretty epic start, it must be said. You put out a promo single called “Better Days” and it absolutely killed, rocketing to number one almost immediately. You always seem a confident girl from the beginning but did you truly expect that to happen when you talked to your people about putting that song out there as a taster?

"I, honestly, felt like the song was great and it would've done well. I didn't think it would do as well as it did, that shocked me. I'm glad so now the label will trust me and my instincts more and yall will get all the bangers."

A lot of people crumble under the media spotlight. How did you cope with that sudden exposure?

"I mean I still feel pretty normal so It's just kinda the same for me. I have the occasional fan wanting to get a picture but nothing too crazy. I just have a great support system with my family and my friends keep me grounded."

I always saw you as a level headed young girl. Was your upbringing a positive one and did that help you to cope in the industry in some way?

"Of course, my parents didn't play!" She laughs. "They just stressed the importance of being grateful and humble. Like, it's my career but I wouldn't be anywhere without my team or fans or even my family."

You followed up that initial success with “Miss Me” which is my personal favourite track. I felt like it showed how versatile you can be and there was flashes of different styles in that song. Where do you think you're lane actually is in terms of genre's and musical styles?

"Thank you girl, loved that one too. I think I'm all over the place, honestly. My music tastes are so wide and random, I love country music, I love Hip Hop, I love R&B, it just depends on my mood to be honest. If I had to just say one genre though, mainly Pop but I love to dabble in everything."

You then put out your debut EP titled “Four Corners” and with five songs you showed flashes of what you're capable of. It was a great collection of music that helped to propel you and show that you aren't just a one-hit wonder. How important was it to get that EP released and show people that you're not gonna fall into the traps that many other stars have done after success so quickly?

"I'm glad I wasn't just a one hit wonder so it was very important to me to stay true to myself and not just make mindless music I don't really love or believe in. I'm not gonna be one of those artists, ever. I don't wanna just burnout either and I don't wanna just release things to stay relevant, you know?"

I think you've done a good job so far at keeping your private life pretty low key, but it would be wrong for me not to delve into that briefly. How are you finding the work and love balance?

"Of course, lemme give you some tea! I pretty much am open about my relationships, as is any teenager, but I know when I wanna just be private and not put it all out on social media. I don't wanna let everyone in sometimes. I just try to share certain things but not everything, and some of my favorite artists are the same. I figure if they can do it, so can I."

Back to the music. You've been recording and touring of course. But in terms of releases, we've been left a little dry. When can your fans expect to hear some new music?

"Ahhh, that's a good question." She laughs. "I've been working really hard to get my album together but I'm not set on a date yet. Hopefully in the summer, maybe a single, and then maybe the album will be released in Fall. Don't worry, I promise it'll be worth the wait."

What is the aim for 2017? Singles? Tours? Maybe a debut album?

"Oh, I wanna do it all! I wanna make videos and drop my first album, tour with some more dope artists and do what I do best; put on a show!"

If that album does happen, what can we expect from it?

"You can expect some bops of course. And maybe some unexpected collabs."

Time for some AfterDark questions. You up for that?

"Bring it, mama!"

The industry is full of attractive young men and I'm certain you've been linked with a few, as is tradition. Has any of those rumoured suitors actually been true?

"I think people thought me and my bestie Lincoln were a thing but I can assure you, we aren't! I love him like a brother and I don't think I could date him. I am talking to someone though but, Imma let my fans handle that one!" She winks and giggles.

Are there any untrue ones that you kinda woulda hoped were true?

"Somebody shipped me with Kato and Carmen V once and I can't lie, we would be a lit couple!" She chuckles.

What is the best moment that has happened to you since being in the music industry?

"Oh getting nominated for my first award show, the FCA's! I literally never even been to an award show before do that was so cool."

And what is the worst moment that has happened to you since being in the music industry?

"I don't think I've had one yet. I've been pretty good. I will say one of my good friends, Lexi, she's been getting dragged sometimes and so was her man Elyar, and I wasn't cool with that. They're great people."

How would you describe an average day in your life?

"I'm usually up early unless It's like a relaxed day. I'm at the recording studio or dance studio. I love to go to the beach or hit up my friends and go eat and chill. Nothing too crazy like my songs suggest!"

Looks like that is all the time we have tonight. Thank you for dropping by and hopefully we'll hang out again soon.

"Thank you for having me, mama! I hope we can hang again too!"
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/03/2017(UTC), erich hess on 11/03/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/03/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 11/03/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/03/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/03/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/03/2017(UTC)